Author Topic: I have a dream  (Read 3101 times)

mohawkbrah

• Bristles
  • every day they see me hustling those pennies away
I have a dream
« on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:19 AM »
And that dream is to be FI and have enough money to buy a small retail shop (freehold) and turn it into my own confectionery/bakery and do what i enjoy like making lots of sweet foods and also inventing new recipes (like my protein doughnut recipe!)

And i can use my money from my investments to carry on losses i may make along the way. Sounds silly but oh well.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: I have a dream
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
Awesome.  Sounds fun.

You're getting such an early start, no doubt it will happen.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

Retired To Win

• Handlebar Stache
  • making the most of my time and my money
    • Retired To Win
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
And that dream is to be FI and have enough money to buy a small retail shop (freehold) and turn it into my own confectionery/bakery and do what i enjoy like making lots of sweet foods and also inventing new recipes (like my protein doughnut recipe!)

And i can use my money from my investments to carry on losses i may make along the way. Sounds silly but oh well.

I have an acquaintance that did almost exactly that.  However, she started the bakery from her home and I think still does it there.  Of course, she upgraded her equipment when her business took off.  Which it did.  She provides high quality breads to a whole bunch of restaurants around here.

So, good luck to yours.  Just consider you could start from home!

humblefi

• Stubble
    • Humble FI
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 09:39:40 PM »
Congrats on starting so early. As some smart dude has said "If you can imagine it, you can achieve it." Save hard when you are young and buy your freedom to chase your dreams.

One person I know started making stuff and posting pictures of it on Facebook. Somebody who saw the pictures wanted a sample of it and the journey that started here is now a very good home-based business! Once you gain some foothold, you may want to ask for some space in a mom-and-pop grocery store where you can test the market.

Best of luck!