Author Topic: How I achieved FI by age 29  (Read 2997 times)

MPDB

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • The Millionaire Pizza Delivery Boy
How I achieved FI by age 29
« on: June 05, 2019, 12:09:30 PM »
 Removed
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:21:28 AM by MPDB »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
Re: How I achieved FI by age 29
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »
Your blog is a bit light on the details, and I'm hoping you can fill some in. 

You grew up "relatively poor" but have since achieved "multi-millionaire" status, and became FI at age 29.8.  You got two degrees from Ivy league schools on merit-based scholarships, working part time during the school year and full time during the summers, saving 70% of your income.  Most of your wealth seems to be from choosing individual stocks (?) bought on fire sale. Now you deliver pizzas to record people's reactions and tipping habits, while donating your earnings and a 'generous' amount of your annual income to charity.  You also like to go out to dinner with other multi-millionaires.

How much were you able to sock away in absolute terms during your college and grad=school years? Why is this pizza experiment so dear to your heart?  Why should I intentionally overtip a delivery person if they offer normal service - doesn't this just further distort the practice? What do you hope to get out of this community? If you're already a mutli-millionaire and have "won the game" - what do you get out of meeting other people who have done the same?

Your story is indeed interesting, but also frustratingly vague.  Hopefully you can fill in some of the details.

kei te pai

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 01:44:11 PM »
Did you post to contribute to the forum community, or to impress us with your brilliance and direct us to your blog?

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 01:54:58 PM »
Welcome to the Forums!

Forum Rules

5/21/14 Edit:
"Spam" in rule number 5 ("No spam.") includes linking to your own blog.  You may add a link to your blog in your signature, and it will show up under every post you make.  Please do not start a new thread just to link to a post you wrote.  If the content is good enough, others will do that for you.  If your blog post is relevant to another thread that is ongoing, feel free to add the link, but do not abuse this - if too many of your posts are direct links to your own content, that is spammy.  Enforcement will be at the moderators' sole discretion.  If you are not sure, please contact a moderator before posting.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 01:56:45 PM »
Hi MMM fans,

I've been reading MMM for several years now and, as someone with a high net worth who achieved financial independence by age 29 (now mid-30s)

Pshaw. Most of us here earned our first million by 22 and achieved FI by age 25.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!