Author Topic: Difficult FIRE decompression/transition, anyone?  (Read 13799 times)

Blackbeard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Difficult FIRE decompression/transition, anyone?
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2018, 10:11:50 PM »
Iíve been FIRE for about three weeks now.  Earlier in the thread I wrote I was nervous about coming to terms with all of the heavy lifting through my career. 

Im happy to say it took me about three days to move on.  Seriously.  Im sleeping better, Iím working out more.  I havenít thought about it one bit, and I was/am a partner in the business I left.  Iím shocked. 

I think part of the reason is I had such a long resignation timeframe, almost 3 months.  It allowed me to mentally start the transition.  Iíve also been getting the new person up to speed. That allowed me to do a lot of soul searching to have them not make my same mistakes.  Since I am an educative in the organization Iíve got to explain a lot of the history of how we got to where we are and where ďIĒ saw us going.  So that means youíve got to thoughtfully reflect on the good and the not so good.  And youíve got to be brutally honest because the new person is going to be the steward of my shares in the business. 

Plus I retired to something.  I think that has a lot todo with it as well.  Weíll see in a few months, but so far Iím pleasantly surprised.  I was generally worried Iíd be depressed or off my normal self.