Author Topic: Am I too lazy for FIRE?  (Read 12162 times)

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
Am I too lazy for FIRE?
« on: August 08, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »
Hi all, I very much enjoy reading all the POST Fire posts. DH and I are a few years away from FIRE, but I was thinking about something this weekend....

We had a long weekend up here, and I feel like I was not productive at all. Yesterday especially, DH had to work, and I was at home, and I did nothing! I had wanted/could have done a bunch of things that would have been productive (some projects around the house, organizing some messy closets, cleaning, cooking, working out). I stupidly got sucked into watching youtube videos, and next thing you know the whole day was gone. 

In reading the post-fire and other posts around this forum, it seems like FIRE types tend to optimize their time...always.

DH and I were way more ambitious, but we seem to be slowing down a bit. For context, I spent the past year living away from home for work, working 60 hr weeks+ 8 hrs of driving most weeks. I was involved with a community theatre in my work location, DH plays hockey, we run an Airbnb in our basement, and before I moved away DH and I both were very active tutors (which involved commuting all over the city). We also used to be a lot more active (did a marathon last year..eww gross).

So I'm not sure if the past few months are just me "re-adjusting" to having free time at home, or if this is my new pace of life? Note that my work pace has dropped drastically as well, and I'm now back to 40 hr weeks, with very low stress at the moment. So it is a lot of reading this forum, and waiting between tasks.

I can imagine a post fire life for us though that may involve kids (which I feel like would make me less lazy), and also being able to focus more on our side hustles, and hobbies, which now go on the back burner. But part of me is concerned that I would get sucked into a "boring" life, that doesn't bring me a lot of joy.

I guess I'm looking for advice from FIREd people, did you find you became more productive in your personal life once you FIREd?

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
Re: Am I too lazy for FIRE?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:51 AM »
Posting to follow.

Podcasts that I read about it say that people usually will find a new hobby. No one wants to be bored all the time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:54:26 PM by Linda_Norway »

infromsea

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:42:41 AM »
In reading the post-fire and other posts around this forum, it seems like FIRE types tend to optimize their time...always.

DH and I were way more ambitious, but we seem to be slowing down a bit. 

So I'm not sure if the past few months are just me "re-adjusting" to having free time at home, or if this is my new pace of life? Note that my work pace has dropped drastically as well, and I'm now back to 40 hr weeks, with very low stress at the moment.

About a year ago I moved on from a high stress job that required 80+ hours a week and time away from the family (Like a 9 month deployment....).

Since then I've often had the same feelings you express, am I taking full advantage of this slower pace or am I being lazy?

I think the answer is that it takes us longer to "recharge". As we age, we are like the older re-chargeable batteries that had a "memory". When we were younger, we could take a weekend off and be ready Monday, then we needed a week of vacation, as we age we might need 6-9 months off to fully "top off", and, even when fully charged, we "run down" sooner (at least that's my experience).

Also, stress is a bitch... It takes time to recover from it and sometimes just zoning out is a healthy way to pursue that end.

My advice, develop a schedule and stick to it. You don't have to put it into a calendar or anything but let it develop from a natural process of finding a routine you enjoy. I like to get up, make lunches for family, breakfast for kid, do selected readings, workout, check a few websites and then get to the "work of the day", whatever that might be.

Some might feel constrained from having a regimented flow, I find it frees me up from having to decide what to do next. Heck, you could even put "watch you-tube" on your routine, just limit your viewing time to 30 minutes and when the time is up.... GET UP... Newton's law of inertia and all that.

Best wishes.

(Technically not FIRED yet but in transition and have lots of free time on my hands that simulates post retirement lifestyle).

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 07:44:04 AM »
OK, so you wasted one weekend watching youtube videos.  Learn from the experience and don't do it again.  Perhaps it would help to keep a journal of your activities and making a list of goals as far as what you would like to do or accomplish instead of just coasting by with no direction.

PlainsWalker

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »
You sound like a high achiever. Most folks on this forum are as well. I find that I struggle with slowing down and relaxing. I always feel like I should be doing something. Instead of seeing time spent recharging and relaxing as wasteful I've started looking at it as necessary and healthful. This shift in mindset has helped me actually relax, slow down, and be ready to perform when the time comes. If I'm always on I end up running myself ragged and I am barely functional even though I'm still plugging away.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:13:31 AM »
Thanks folks!

Infromsea, I totally agree, I'm much more productive with a schedule. Being away from a routine for 14 months means that now we need to figure out what our new routine is! I'm enjoying the free time as it means I'm cooking more at home (a hobby I kind of stopped doing the past year+), and it is nice to relax with the DH. I think I just to find an activity to do 2-3 hours a week so I have a little bit more of a balance between free time and productive time.

GenXbiker, you are very right! I have spent the past year living in a state of limbo, not really focusing on the "what is next". We have a vacation coming which will give us time to figure out what we want to do, and we can dive back in in September.

Plainswalker, Such a good way of looking at it..i'm going to keep that in mind!

letired

• Pencil Stache
    • Needs More Glitter
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »
Decompression time is a thing! Don't worry about it until you've done nothing but binge youtube for several months. Personally, I'm nowhere near retirement, but the amount of decompression/recharge time I would like is extensive. I took a week vacation with family, during which I did nothing but eat, swim, lounge on the beach, read novels, hang out with family, and eat some more. And honestly, I could have done it for much much longer. After grad school, I needed at least a few months to be ready to get back into the swing of things. Stressful busy times require a lot of recovery time.

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
I have whole weeks where I might not accomplish anything noteworthy other than get out of bed at a consistent time, make it to the gym, and run a few errands.

I spent decades working very, very hard. I started at 15 - and most of my summers off from school weren't even lazy times since I'd ramp up my hours to earn more money. When I first FIREd, I had massive lists of things I needed to do, and felt terrible about not checking things off consistently and staying busy. That, coupled with the last job being pretty terrible about stress and developing some real health issues (both physical and mental) meant I felt guilty about needing to decompress and it took me well over a year. It was only by the second year that I figured out that it's okay to be lazy sometimes. The world will not end, and I'm not going to get fired from my retirement if I sleep in and binge watch some videos for the weekend. And neither will you.

The way I figure it, I earned the right to be lazy some times. If I have things that need doing, I'll figure out a decent timeline and get to them, but I'm not going to set up some schedule where I always need to be doing something "productive" any more. Being lazy and relaxing IS being productive for me since I did so little of it before. Not going to put that pressure on myself ever again.

meadow lark

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
You have worked too hard for too long.  When you no longer have to you will probably do nothing for a few months and recharge, then come up with a more sustainable, right for you, level of activity.  It's like accusing someone who has been starving to death of being a glutton because they finally have access to food and are eating.  Right now there is no way to know anything about what your natural, healthy level of activity is because you have probably not lived it since you were 10 years old.

You can trust yourself.  Good luck.

Financial.Velociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Devour your prey raptors!
    • Living Universe Foundation
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 12:32:22 PM »
Leisure has value.  I'm almost at the 5 year FIRE point.  I don't give myself any guff over an unproductive day any longer.  I earned the right to rest on my laurels.

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 12:52:49 PM »
Thanks all for the feedback, I just need to accept the laze.

To be fair, most of the youtube watching was some cheap eats cooking shows, which are inspiring me to cook delicious things at home.

I think recently it is the fact that I went from a very very hectic work and life schedule, to having relatively nothing to do. It is very odd for me, @MeadowLark you called it (but at 10 I was planning my babysitting/"mother's helper" empire :P). I think I will continue to accept the laze for the next few weeks, without worrying about stuff to much!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 01:04:24 PM »
Sometimes I even feel a bit guilty about having a relaxing and unproductive weekend. But then I think that I deserve this from time to time, even though there is still a lot to do always.

Gone Fishing

• Magnum Stache
  • So Close went fishing on April 1, 2016
    • Journal
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2017, 06:30:05 PM »
It's f'ing hot outside.  I'm not being lazy, I'm just waiting for better weather;)

17 months in, I'm still trying to tell myself that there will always be things that need doing, so rest without guilt when I need to.  Maybe I'll figure it out someday!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2017, 12:11:39 PM »
I'm in the Frankies Girl, Meadowlark, FV, and Gone Fishing  mind-set. I'm also five years in. It took much longer to decompress than I expected.

I have a half-baked and wildly unscientific theory that the body's gonna figure out how to get the rest it needs one way or another. If you're not good to yourself (i.e. rest, diet, exercise), the body finds other ways to slow you down such as illness, chronic conditions or even "accidents". It's a lot healthier to slow down long enough to find and heed your body's natural rhythm than it is to constantly cram ás much as possible into every waking moment. Some people figure that out early in life, others never do.

I think I'm far less productive than when I was working, but what I do now has far more value.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »
I am productive when I need to be, otherwise laziness is my default FIRE mode and I love being able to be that way!

tj

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 09:08:53 PM »
I've gone through a couple periods of unemployment. For me, this lead to uber frugality because I didn't know when more $$$ was coming in. Of course this is a little ridiculous because I had six figure investment accounts. If you value structure - then create structure. Join volunteer groups.

I recently started a new job and i'm bored out of my mind. I'm losing 12 hours of my day for an 8 hour job.  Have to wake up at 6 to make and eat breakfast, 40 minutes on the road tow directions, and I'm hangry by the time I get off work so I pick something up instead of cook.

I had saved to take a year off, but I went back to work because I got bored. The being bored with lots of free time is very different than the being bored at a job you don't care about. I have to think that next time I have the opportunity to "not work", I'll make better use of the time, but you never know. I am lazy. I honestly think it would be better for me to try to find a job that's more interesting or more flexible.

Tass

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 09:47:14 PM »
I worry about this, though I'm far far away from FI. The last few years of young adulthood have been a learning process of the value of external motivation... (Not happy about it, just trying to be realistic.) But maybe intrinsic motivation needs a little breathing room that school hasn't been giving it?

It also seems like the way I fill the lazy hours makes a big difference, though. I've spent full days avoiding work with a good book and I end that time period way happier than I do if I managed to get sucked into social media for too many hours.

zinethstache

• Pencil Stache
  • FIREd 1/27/2017
    • My FIRE Hobby and travel blog
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
Everyone has great advice. I also want to stress the health aspect. I was an overachiever and suffered a major back injury because of it. The end result was FIRE which has been awesome, but I will live with permanent health issues that I would rather not have. It's too little to late for me, so be sure to take care of yourself and that your DH does too so you both can enjoy FIRE to the fullest!

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 03:02:58 AM »
What is there to write about when you are being lazy? I suspect this is the cause of you thinking that everyone is organised, and rushing around doing things.

FINate

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 04:20:13 AM »
Every few months I have a "lazy week." This is not planned or scheduled, just a cluster of days where I'm not motivated to do anything in particular. The kids get to school on time and necessary chores get done, but other than that I just flop around the house.

I don't worry about the lazy weeks. Most other weeks a moderate amount of stuff gets done, enough to keep the todo list in check. And then some weeks are really packed with activity, like this coming week I'm solo backpacking into the wilderness for 6 days for archery season. It balances out in the end.

This dynamic of motivated vs. lazy often plays out within a single day. Really productive morning, followed by a workout, then a nap in the afternoon if I'm feeling tired. One of the wonderful things about FIRE is the ability to listen to your body and do things at your own pace. My life's purpose isn't to be as absolutely productive as possible all the time.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 06:04:20 PM »
I love the purposeful slow pace of FIRE.

Lazy? What does that mean?

Productive? Who needs it? If I want to, I'll be productive. But I'm also okay with leisure.

FIRE is great if you're lazy.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 07:05:43 PM »
*Personally* I think it is a litmus test on if you prefer a structured life (the typical workaday life, waking up to some routine) and having income to indulge in hobbies/experiences/whatever (but FI does give you freedom to do more of your own thing) vs. an unstructured life with some financial restrictions.

Either way you can technically be 'lazy' compared to folks that aren't FI, but if feeling lost troubles you then ER might be an issue.  Most folks that ER aren't going to enjoy the financial success (and sense of changing the world) that MMM has enjoyed.  I also think ER folks will find the lifestyle to be less 'amazing' after a decade or so unless they find that 'second act' / hustle, so I'm in no rush, I'm still enjoying the first act and squeezing the extra in as I try to figure out the second act.  Is it extensive travel?  Writing?  Online business?  Photography?  Some combination of all of the above?  It's actually nice, in a way, to not know yet.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
^ Nah. More than 10 years in and it just keeps getting better. You can have a highly disciplined strict regimented routine with a completely activity  filled day. - meaningful/purposeful/helpful activities as well as fun stuff - if you want in ER. Or you can sit and watch the grass grow. Or both. Quitting work doesn't mean quitting life or a meaningful life, it just means you can choose how you live it everyday.

Good deal, I just know lots of retirees that are getting grumpy because they didn't find a 'second act'.  They probably don't post to forums or find the slow life to be quite so fulfilling, their unpaid hobbies ran dry.  Plus, another winter is coming and they know that means a lot more downtime doing what they have been doing and will continue to do, but they are still really healthy.  I dunno, it messes with some people's heads, the repetition, I'm just observing it from the outside.  I sorta wonder why they don't migrate south (or overseas) for the winter.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »

Agree with Sparty. You can have as much structure in a FIRE'd life as you want. And every option in the world.

I sorta wonder why they don't migrate south (or overseas) for the winter.

If this is a metaphor for making a change, absolutely. Anyone who's FIRE'd and unhappy should be making changes. (This is true of everyone, but especially the ER'd.)

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

human

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2017, 08:30:12 PM »
This is pretty ridiculous op. You took a day off, feel bad about it and post about what a martyr you've been.  We dont all have to be keeners like arebelspy churning cards and credit lines like golum or that dwarf with gold disease. Chill out and resist the urge to seek validation for every little choice.

I'm sure even all the go getters here play candy crush on the can all day once in a while.

Edit _ sorry arebelspy just saw your post, but then that just proves my point even the most active guy here likes to slow things down.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 08:35:17 PM by human »

kaypinkHH

• Pencil Stache
    • My first Journal!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 07:43:13 AM »
@human- Haha, I'm glad you called me out on my ridiculousness.  You are right, I do get caught up in some of the postings hear about the amazing things people are doing and then feel all bad about it.

Since that first post, I spent the last 2 weeks of August on vacation. 1st week was spent with my newly retired parents. They walk on the beach, pick berries, make jam, visit with friends/host people, read books, go to the market, cook good food, have bonfires, star gaze on the beach, make fancy drinks etc. They also had just finished building a fence, and returned from a 3 day mini trip with my grandparents. They balance relaxing and "activities" but have no schedule. <- this was very enjoyable to be a part of.

2nd week we spent it with Mr. HH's also retired parents. 1 whole week sitting watching TV. I almost died. Made me realize that I will never get to that point. I agree, once and a while a day to relax and "waste" time is fine, but after 1 day I start getting antsy. Also, I learned that there is a PRIME TIME TV GAME SHOW all about playing candy crush??? How is this even a thing??? So happy we don't have cable.

Also I think at the time of that post I was at a "cusp" waiting for something to happen in my life. Since then I have almost finalized a job offer in another city (which will result in a move "back home"- something Mr. HH and I have wanted for a while), and found out that I'm pregnant. I'm still more lazy than I would like (although now I'm blaming it on first trimester tiredness) but at least now I have some PLANS for the next few months! And I also have a good excuse to enjoy my free time before the baby arrives :D.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 11:14:05 PM »
Being unproductive and lazy from time to time is nice. But I also get antsy. I just came back from a weeks vacation in warm Crete. We have mostly been laying on the beach and done some snorkling. It is too hot to do much else. But I managed to go hiking a couple of days. I would have gone nuts otherwise.
Normally at home or on some vacation I think it feels great to relax after a day of doing stuff, either productive things or just leisurely exercise.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:40:49 AM by Linda_Norway »

MarciaB

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
I am productive when I need to be, otherwise laziness is my default FIRE mode and I love being able to be that way!

+1!

I find the key things that affect my mood post-FIRE are:

1)  Eating habits -- feel better (emotionally and physically) when I don't eat a bunch of junk

2)  Exercise habits -- feel better (emotionally and physically) when I get at least 60 minutes of physical movement/day (mostly walking, but also a  lot of gardening)

3)  Level of social activity -- feel better if I have at least 2-3 social engagements/week

I do also feel better when I knock off a decent sized to-do list, generally, but if there isn't a lot of urgent stuff to get done/that I am avoiding, I am fine with having a lazy day or even several of them in a row, as long as the three conditions mentioned above are satisfied.  Too much bad eating, too little exercise, and too little social interaction combined with laziness will quickly put me in a downward spiral, though.

I've actually been surprised at how relatively easy it has been for me to adjust to a more relaxed pace FIREd lifestyle.   My inner sloth clearly has come out of hiding....

I agree with this list and would add another one: 4) Wine drinking habits -- feel better (emotionally and physically) when I drink two or fewer glasses of wine, and don't give in to the thinking that "hey - I don't have to work tomorrow!" and have more than that.

I'm 8 months retired and still through the conflicting feelings of not being productive enough, needing "too much" rest, etc. I didn't think it would take me this long, and I'm still not to a new normal yet.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2017, 10:09:31 PM »
I'm not ER, but I'd add 5) Sleeping habits - Feel good about staying up late and doing things that I find important enough to stay up for, but then struggle the next day to get started.  It's a conundrum when retired, to know what balance will be best.  Maybe a nap is more efficient?  The easy solution is to keep working for a while longer while I figure it out - have to be at work by 7am, so it's merely a matter of cursing myself for those 5 hours of sleep nights, although I secretly relish the pressure and wear the weariness as a badge of honor.  I always feel like I should be doing more, life and being FI in the modern world is amazing!

StetsTerhune

• Bristles
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2017, 12:29:44 AM »
To me the best thing about long-term freedom is not feeling like you need to do anything you don't feel like. "Nah, I'm feeling lazy today is perfectly good answer as far as my wife is concerned."

One of my pet peeves about the post-fire forum is people talking about "how much they did today." If that makes you happy, great, but I don't think it's a virtue in and of itself. I do what makes me happy. Some weeks that means doing a lot. This week it means cooking, reading, watching netflix and maybe going for a long walk in the evenings is the extent of my activity. I love it. (Why would I be doing it if I didn't?)

TravelerMSY

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:39 PM »
Nobody says you have to be productive. It's likely just a habit from having worked your entire life while having little time off.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 01:53:10 PM »
I'm experiencing some productivity since FIRE but it has been a long time coming. The decompression period took months and perhaps it is not yet over. I thought it was over when I could finally stay awake the whole day but I didn't get to the point that I could work on things I wanted to get done for a full day until recently and even now I'm not sure that I'm fully there. Sometimes I stay up late into the night working on my novel and then the next day I'm a total sloth. I'm OK with it as long as my husband is. He says that he has never been happier. Me being home means I'm available for fun with him and also means that the house stays cleaner (though I am not doing as much as I thought I would before I left my job).

At the same time, I'm not bored. The whole idea that I had that I might be bored when I left my job is remarkably silly on the face of it. Why would I be bored when I get to pick my activities? Why would I even think that it was better to sell that crucial bit of decision-making to someone else? I was crazy to worry about that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:32:52 PM by Metta »

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 02:12:49 PM »
Yes, embrace your inner laziness, or at least don't worry about it. Staying up late reading or gaming works out well for me, and taking a nap the next day is pretty damn awesome.

It helps that an 8 hour project can be done over a week instead of a weekend.

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2017, 08:08:43 PM »
My mother used to say to me :  "If you want to get something done, ask a busy person to do it"

Because busy people don't procrastinate, they optimize their time, they get in the routine of go, go, go. 

I can accomplish a great deal...until I don't have to.  And then I can waste away and become a sloth.  I don't mind a weekend here or there of doing absolutely nothing, so long as it isn't all the time.  So I'm very choosy about my volunteer work because they cannot be things that are constant or that last forever.  I need downtime in between. 

MgoSam

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »
This is a concern for me. I'm 30 and plan on hitting the FIRE point in about 8 years and wonder what I will do with my time.

My 60 year old tenant retired at year's end. He came from a farm community so I imagine he had been busy working since he was 4. The first 6 weeks were spent watching TV 24/7 and then he traveled for 6 weeks straight and then found a bunch of non-profit gigs. He still watches a ton of TV and the like, but seeing him has given me pause.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 03:26:07 PM »
Some days we are lazy and some not.  I work p.t. from home, doing some volunteer work, walk everyday, meet friends for lunch or dinner, etc.  But I semi-retired at 58 so am much older then the rest of you.

FI4good

• Stubble
  • EU citizen
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 04:00:27 PM »
You must work hard and do your best .

Strange how these ideas inhabit space in ones head . I think that particular idea made me a chronic overachiever, people pleaser and burned me out by 28.

Coming from a lower working class background having a trade, a regular job, a house with a small mortgage and a new car was seen as about as good as life got .. when i had all that i was thoroughly miserable.

Turns out what made me happy was pottering around having 4 hour lunches, browsing second hand shops for "treasure", having days sat in may chair by the fire reading books, surfing the internet, growing a garden, having picnics with friends, painting pictures, visiting museums and galleries, playing with the cat. 

What i liked about my patch of retirement before i came back to this island for work was how much more i was able to take time to savour the life i was living . Working for someone else the demands on ones time is rather poor fare , especially those hours where you're just claiming your attendance allowance, waiting on others or sitting in meetings rather than achieving anything useful .

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 03:26:42 AM »
I worked hard 30 years of my life....almost 3 years in I am still recuperating. All kidding aside I went through and still am i guess a transition of being what I would call super lazy BUT alot of that is me over-evaluating what I could be doing or feeling guilty of not doing. I have a to do list a mile high but it can wait till I am ready. Thats the beauty of it all.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!