Poll

So, how are you feeling about the inauguration? Why?

Embarrassed
96 (21.5%)
Hopeful
44 (9.8%)
Scared
116 (26%)
Excited
17 (3.8%)
Angry
87 (19.5%)
Relieved
10 (2.2%)
Apathetic
46 (10.3%)
Other
31 (6.9%)

Total Members Voted: 237

Author Topic: Your reaction to the inauguration?  (Read 27367 times)

waltworks

• Walrus Stache
Re: Your reaction to the inauguration?
« Reply #150 on: January 26, 2017, 09:10:17 AM »
Gal2016, did you mean to post a response? It appears that you just posted a quote from a previous post with no added content.

-W

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #151 on: January 26, 2017, 09:21:58 AM »
How do you explain away the polling results prior to the election? -- was it, perhaps, that people were "afraid" of the response they'd get if they "admitted" that they planned to vote for Trump? -- so they either lied or refused to answer?  Seriously.  Conservatives have a very real fear of openly stating their thoughts, ideals, and viewpoints and I admire those who take a stand against the "moral outrage" they get from the liberals when they state that they don't agree with the progressive ideal.  Just like being called a "troll" and being labeled a "racist" on these boards ...  You don't "get it", but the election results prove that our citizens are secretly tired of it and will vote accordingly in the privacy of the poll-booth.

Actually most polls were pretty accurate.  Nationally, he was down a bit and that bore out in the popular vote.  In state polls his margin of victory was within the margin of error on most polls.  It just seemed that the result broke towards him in almost all instances, but still within the margin.

I'm just laughing at this assertion.  I doubt we would have had all those shocked and grieving liberals who couldn't go to work or attend college classes if the polls were that close.  5% is the usual margin.  Most polls showed Clinton with a 20% lead, at least.  Clinton was gobsmacked.

Trump won, what, 90% of the counties in the entire country... I don't think the liberals were expecting that.

Just so much wow.

"All those people could not go to work." I have never seen attendance records of employees, and you have not either. There is no such data. It doesn't exist.Even if you found this attendance record (no such thing), how do you prove the reason for the absence was the election results. That is the only way your statement is anything other than random words put together.

"People could not go to school." Same thing as above. There is no such thing as daily attendance record data for colleges, but there is for k-12 education. That data could be looked at, but you won't, since it could not be used in any meaningful way.

"Polls margins are usually 5%". Nope. Forget USUALLY. Link just ONE that has a MoE greater than 4%. If you looked real hard, you might even find a few, but margins are "usually" around 2.5%-3.2%. That is how you use that word.

"Trump won, what, 90% of the counties in the entire country" 84.29% actually. You were only off by about 70%. Impressive for making it up. I guess I should thank you for not using the false report that Clinton won 57 counties in the country. It was 489. Interesting data, but not all that useful, unless you are proposing to change the electoral college to use land mass. I made up the 70% number as well. I did not do the maths. How close did I get? I bet pretty close. That is how you make stuff up.

"Most polls showed Clinton with a 20% lead, at least." I will let the real clear politics link someone else pointed out speak for me. Again, I would be very impressed if you could find ONE late October, early November poll with a 20% Clinton lead. If there was a Rodham or Clinton family reunion around that time, that took a poll, that published the results, you might even be able to do this one.

"I don't think...". CONGRATULATIONS. You got one right! But did you see how I had to turn it into a lie for it to be true.

Aww.  Are my feelings supposed to be hurt?!! (sniffle) I might just have to take a day off work...  Oh, wait, I'm a responsible adult, so I don't do things like that.  Just so.

It is going to be an interesting 8 years.

Nice retort. Refutes all my points.  By the way, do responsible adults read and post on forums during work hours? I will wait until after your shift for your response. Have a great day at work.

To walt - it was embedded in my quote. I will assume that was an error, and not an attempt to falsely attribute the comment to me. We all know how easy it is to get facts incorrect.

Gal2016

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FIRE - 2031
« Reply #152 on: January 26, 2017, 11:02:30 AM »
How do you explain away the polling results prior to the election? -- was it, perhaps, that people were "afraid" of the response they'd get if they "admitted" that they planned to vote for Trump? -- so they either lied or refused to answer?  Seriously.  Conservatives have a very real fear of openly stating their thoughts, ideals, and viewpoints and I admire those who take a stand against the "moral outrage" they get from the liberals when they state that they don't agree with the progressive ideal.  Just like being called a "troll" and being labeled a "racist" on these boards ...  You don't "get it", but the election results prove that our citizens are secretly tired of it and will vote accordingly in the privacy of the poll-booth.

Actually most polls were pretty accurate.  Nationally, he was down a bit and that bore out in the popular vote.  In state polls his margin of victory was within the margin of error on most polls.  It just seemed that the result broke towards him in almost all instances, but still within the margin.

I'm just laughing at this assertion.  I doubt we would have had all those shocked and grieving liberals who couldn't go to work or attend college classes if the polls were that close.  5% is the usual margin.  Most polls showed Clinton with a 20% lead, at least.  Clinton was gobsmacked.

Trump won, what, 90% of the counties in the entire country... I don't think the liberals were expecting that.

Just so much wow.

"All those people could not go to work." I have never seen attendance records of employees, and you have not either. There is no such data. It doesn't exist.Even if you found this attendance record (no such thing), how do you prove the reason for the absence was the election results. That is the only way your statement is anything other than random words put together.

"People could not go to school." Same thing as above. There is no such thing as daily attendance record data for colleges, but there is for k-12 education. That data could be looked at, but you won't, since it could not be used in any meaningful way.

"Polls margins are usually 5%". Nope. Forget USUALLY. Link just ONE that has a MoE greater than 4%. If you looked real hard, you might even find a few, but margins are "usually" around 2.5%-3.2%. That is how you use that word.

"Trump won, what, 90% of the counties in the entire country" 84.29% actually. You were only off by about 70%. Impressive for making it up. I guess I should thank you for not using the false report that Clinton won 57 counties in the country. It was 489. Interesting data, but not all that useful, unless you are proposing to change the electoral college to use land mass. I made up the 70% number as well. I did not do the maths. How close did I get? I bet pretty close. That is how you make stuff up.

"Most polls showed Clinton with a 20% lead, at least." I will let the real clear politics link someone else pointed out speak for me. Again, I would be very impressed if you could find ONE late October, early November poll with a 20% Clinton lead. If there was a Rodham or Clinton family reunion around that time, that took a poll, that published the results, you might even be able to do this one.

"I don't think...". CONGRATULATIONS. You got one right! But did you see how I had to turn it into a lie for it to be true.

Aww.  Are my feelings supposed to be hurt?!! (sniffle) I might just have to take a day off work...  Oh, wait, I'm a responsible adult, so I don't do things like that.  Just so.

It is going to be an interesting 8 years.

Nice retort. Refutes all my points.  By the way, do responsible adults read and post on forums during work hours? I will wait until after your shift for your response. Have a great day at work.

Ah. See, I get paid for a body of work rather than an hourly wage. Intellectual work and people management and all that. Not sure about you... so you may want to man that fry-station - people are depending on you for their lunch, no doubt.

To walt - it was embedded in my quote. I will assume that was an error, and not an attempt to falsely attribute the comment to me. We all know how easy it is to get facts incorrect.

FrugalToque

• Global Moderator
  • Pencil Stache
« Reply #153 on: January 26, 2017, 12:02:19 PM »
[MOD NOTE:  We're getting tired of moderating these threads.  LOCKED.]

Our intention here is to keep the focus on MMM and early retirement. 
Let's keep that in mind.
"Off topic" is one thing, but certain topics seem to constantly delve into personal exchanges that are not improving this community in any way.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:41:12 PM by FrugalToque »