Author Topic: Who will be our second walrus?  (Read 144943 times)

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Who will be our second walrus?
« Reply #300 on: January 09, 2019, 11:50:10 AM »
I love when an old thread gets revived, especially a fun one.

At some point I became a walrus stache. Who knew making dirty jokes would bring me such a prestigious title?

Ugh, if you've ever experienced walruses* up close, dirty is a word that easily comes to mind. Ooh, they are stin-key! And your jokes are awesome, @snacky. I bow down to your marvelous wit, albeit from a safe (less stin-key and much warmer) distance.

At some point I became a walrus stache. Who knew making dirty jokes would bring me such a prestigious title?
Didn't you reach it once before but then regress when you deleted your journal(s)? 

I have a bone to pick with the mods over this. I think people (like jooni, or lhamo) sometimes have excellent reasons for deleting their posts. See especially: Spartana. I think once a level has been achieved, it should stick with the person, not with their post count. Though I despise the label Walrus**, as I suspect many females of the species might, it shows a level of committment to the cause and to helping others reach their FIRE dreams that should be less ephemeral. Can I get an "Amen" on this? Should we start a petition? A protest? A something?

Speaking of moderators:

Whaaaahhh????
When did we get a "Senior Mustachian" category that's above "Walrus"??!

I just thought that designation was just for the moderators because their contributions are so prodigious. Wah! I need a new copy of the Forum Rule Book. I lost mine, or possibly I accidently burned it along with my work stuff on FIRE Day. I had no idea there were questions that must be answered to join. Clueless Walrus, party of one. The rest of you are far smarter.

Quite a few walri already. Or is it walruses?

Walruses.  Just like Octopuses (really).  You only pluralize with 'i' when the root word is of latin origin.   Walrus, apparently, is Norse -> Dutch.

*OMG, @nereo, I love that you know that. See, just another example of the point I just made. Nereo is working hard to make all of our lives better. You too, @GuitarStv [snirt] ;-)

**Because, goddamn, it makes my butt look big. Bad enough I have no opposable thumbs and stink like fishies, BUT the big butt is a step too far. Just sayin'.

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #301 on: January 09, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »
There was a thread where it was agreed to add categories and change them around. Back in time immemorial...

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #302 on: January 09, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »
Whaaaahhh????

Congrats @G-dog, @GuitarStv, @Le Poisson for reaching that milestone... or something.

@RetiredAt63 seems to be the front-runner to join this particular pinnacle of internet time-wasting.

Huh - well good thing this isn’t all a waste of time.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #303 on: January 09, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »
Whaaaahhh????

Congrats @G-dog, @GuitarStv, @Le Poisson for reaching that milestone... or something.

@RetiredAt63 seems to be the front-runner to join this particular pinnacle of internet time-wasting.

Huh - well good thing this isn’t all a waste of time.

Are we sure?  If I have that many posts, I am here too much.   ;-)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #304 on: January 09, 2019, 02:45:37 PM »

I have a bone to pick with the mods over this. I think people (like jooni, or lhamo) sometimes have excellent reasons for deleting their posts. See especially: Spartana. I think once a level has been achieved, it should stick with the person, not with their post count. Though I despise the label Walrus**, as I suspect many females of the species might, it shows a level of committment to the cause and to helping others reach their FIRE dreams that should be less ephemeral. Can I get an "Amen" on this? Should we start a petition? A protest? A something?

[snip]

**Because, goddamn, it makes my butt look big. Bad enough I have no opposable thumbs and stink like fishies, BUT the big butt is a step too far. Just sayin'.

Just keep posting, Dicey.  Pretty soon you'll be a "Senior Mustachian" (not the same as a Señor Mustachian) and you can shed that horrible Walrus moniker.  I think at that point you get to wear a monocle and top-hat, too...

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #305 on: January 09, 2019, 06:20:01 PM »

[snip]

Just keep posting, Dicey.  Pretty soon you'll be a "Senior Mustachian" (not the same as a Señor Mustachian) and you can shed that horrible Walrus moniker.  I think at that point you get to wear a monocle and top-hat, too...
"But when?", asks Dicey in a slightly whiny tone. I wanna top hat, but I want shiny tap shoes to go with it, please. I need glasses on two sides to keep from falling over. Whoops - that doesn't always work either. No monocle for me. Maybe I need new glasses too, come to think of it...

Seriously, the other day my post count turned a very interesting number. I looked at it for a moment, then realized it was the address of my parent's first house, where we lived until I hit third grade. Funny how triggers work. Alas, the number didn't last, lol.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #306 on: January 10, 2019, 07:37:59 AM »
I'm still ahead of Nereo and Dicey.  ;-)    Nyah nyah!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2019, 07:48:16 AM »
Back in the olden forum days before Walruses, I cared about post count. Since PM's don't count, I sent them sparingly. Now, I use them frequently, because I don't care about the number any more. I thought I was stuck being a blubbery, fishy breath Walrus forever. What is this next level and what are the requirements? If it gets me out of this fat suit, i may start caring again.

snacky

• Senior Mustachian
  • Forum Dignitary
« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2019, 07:50:53 AM »
Back in the olden forum days before Walruses, I cared about post count. Since PM's don't count, I sent them sparingly. Now, I use them frequently, because I don't care about the number any more. I thought I was stuck being a blubbery, fishy breath Walrus forever. What is this next level and what are the requirements? If it gets me out of this fat suit, i may start caring again.

You are a very pretty walrus. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2019, 08:08:42 AM »

I never actually cared about my count and whatever tag came with it.  But a walrus is kind of impressive so I am OK with it.  Do I get to be a senior mustachian at some point?  I am totally OK with that because I am already a senior mustachian.   ;-)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2019, 08:29:07 AM »
Real mature :-P
Comparing our enrollment dates you basically started this race late and have subsequently lapped me.  But that's ok, I should probably be focused on other things anyway.  Hmm... what's that crying sound in the background?

I never actually cared about my count and whatever tag came with it.  But a walrus is kind of impressive so I am OK with it. Do I get to be a senior mustachian at some point?  I am totally OK with that because I am already a senior mustachian.   ;-)

As a card-carrying marine scientist, I can testify that Walruses are incredible creatures.  Sure they stink (particularly when you get a group of them together on a small patch of ice), but once they are in the water they are wicked fast swimmers that can hold their breath for at a half hour at a stretch and are one of the few marine mammals that can bully large sharks like the Greenland shark. They're the only land-going mammal that even a polar bear avoids. Unlike those whimpy seals or barking sea-lions walruses carry bad-ass warrior tusks.  Despite what's previously been reported on 'fake-news' they can dive 500 meters, about 10x deeper than the puny human on SCUBA.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2019, 08:42:15 AM »

I'm in my second childhood, what can I say, eh?

Comparing our enrollment dates you basically started this race late and have subsequently lapped me.  But that's ok, I should probably be focused on other things anyway.  Hmm... what's that crying sound in the background?

You started several months after me. May 2013 versus January 2014.

I never actually cared about my count and whatever tag came with it.  But a walrus is kind of impressive so I am OK with it. Do I get to be a senior mustachian at some point?  I am totally OK with that because I am already a senior mustachian.   ;-)

As a card-carrying marine scientist, I can testify that Walruses are incredible creatures.  Sure they stink (particularly when you get a group of them together on a small patch of ice), but once they are in the water they are wicked fast swimmers that can hold their breath for at a half hour at a stretch and are one of the few marine mammals that can bully large sharks like the Greenland shark. They're the only land-going mammal that even a polar bear avoids. Unlike those whimpy seals or barking sea-lions walruses carry bad-ass warrior tusks.  Despite what's previously been reported on 'fake-news' they can dive 500 meters, about 10x deeper than the puny human on SCUBA.

I want to be a walrus forever then. If reincarnation happens, instead of coming back as Missy's breed, I will come back as a walrus.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:44:55 AM by RetiredAt63 »

2Birds1Stone

• Walrus Stache
  • K Thnx Bye
« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
That's a sweet stache!

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2019, 06:24:30 PM »

Thanks for the info, dear, wise @nereo. Some (many) years ago, Dicey was dating a guy who owned a sailboat and kept it moored at Fisherman's Wharf. We spent many lovely weekends in and around the Wharf. There were a number of very large sea lions who had recently decided to call the same place home. The tourists loved them, but the poeple who were moored in the vicinity can testify that they were a noisy, stinky bunch of beer guzzling, hard-partying fraternity brothers.

Given your credentials, I'm sure you know that walruses and sea lions are not the same, but a lot of tourists did not. They began incorrectly referring to them as walruses. I know that sea lions are not walruses, but damn, every time I hear the word "walrus", my brain dredges up the sights, sounds and smells of those bad boys next to Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. I'm not saying it's logical. When the level names were changed, I knew the new labels were referencing different types of mustaches, not sea mammals. I just can't get that association out of my head.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:48:07 PM by Dicey »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2019, 06:48:18 PM »

Thanks for the info, dear, wise @nereo. Some (many) years ago, Dicey was dating a guy who owned a sailboat and kept it moored at Fisherman's Wharf. We spent many lovely weekends in and around the Wharf. There were a number of very large sea lions who had recently decided to call the same place home. The tourists loved them, but the poeple who were moored in the vicinity can testify that they were a noisy, stinky bunch of beer guzzling, hard-partying fraternity brothers.

Given your credentials, I'm sure you know about that walruses and sea lions are not the same, but a lot of tourists did not. They began incorrectly referring to them as walruses. I know that sea lions are not walruses, but damn, every time I hear the word "walrus", my brain dredges up the sights, sounds and smells of those bad boys next to Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. I'm not saying it's logical. When the level names were changed, I knew the new labels were referencing different types of mustaches, not sea mammals. I just can't get that association out of my head.

Ok, here's my story of why I hate California Sea Lions.  I used to work on the Monterey Wharf doing aquaculture, and we had dozens of platforms (gangways) under the wharf for us to walk. The annoying sea lions would occupy any space we weren't currently using, and we had to use hoses to get them to move.  They barked constantly and crapped all over the place. The larger ones would get the best spots and then spend most of their time barking and faux-charging the smaller ones to keep them away. During some months we'd have as many as a hundred barking, farting, crapping sea lions all around us.  The worst was when the squid came in shallow to lay their eggs and the sea lions would gorge themselves on them, consuming hundreds of pounds per day.  Forgive me for getting a bit graphic, but a diet of all squid make the sea lions poop all liquidy. More than once I slipped in slippery, nasty sea-lion squiddy poop.  EVery so often they'd get past our makeshift 'defenses' (plywood gates and 2x4s to block our entrances and we'd wind up having much closer encounters than intented or recommends.  I lost my boot to one nasty male when I turned a corner and didn't realize there was a sleeping, 1,500lb male with his head right there. It just barely broke the skin (and I lost my boot to the sea) but their mouths are such a foul conglomeration of bacteria that I had to go to the hospital and have it thoroughly cleaned and a shot of antibiotics.

So I'm definitely with you in having no love whatsoever for the sea lions - particularly when they are lounging on docks. 

Don't even get me started on sea otters...

okits

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #315 on: January 10, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »

More than once I slipped in slippery, nasty sea-lion squiddy poop. 

Well this thread just got a lot grosser.  😉 I enjoyed the walrus facts!

It looks like you get “Senior Mustachian” at 10,000 posts.  Some Walruses are getting close!

Dicey, from your library gala photo I picture you as tall and willowy.  Not at all walrus-like.

One

• Stubble
« Reply #316 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:56 PM »
You talk too much

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #317 on: January 10, 2019, 10:48:00 PM »

Given your credentials, I'm sure you know about that walruses and sea lions are not the same, but a lot of tourists did not. They began incorrectly referring to them as walruses. I know that sea lions are not walruses, but damn, every time I hear the word "walrus", my brain dredges up the sights, sounds and smells of those bad boys next to Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf. I'm not saying it's logical. When the level names were changed, I knew the new labels were referencing different types of mustaches, not sea mammals. I just can't get that association out of my head.

Uh, I think you mean seal or maybe otter

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #318 on: January 10, 2019, 11:52:55 PM »

Honest to God Sea Lions. Go see for yourself ;-) I think they're still there, anyway. My story happened in the last century (fuck I'm old).

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #319 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:33 AM »

Honest to God Sea Lions. Go see for yourself ;-) I think they're still there, anyway. My story happened in the last century (fuck I'm old).

Sure you're not talking about a narwhal?

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #320 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:56 AM »

How does a Narwhal kiss without absolutely murdering their love interest?

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #321 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:34 AM »

Ok, here's my story of why I hate California Sea Lions.  I used to work on the Monterey Wharf doing aquaculture, and we had dozens of platforms (gangways) under the wharf for us to walk. The annoying sea lions would occupy any space we weren't currently using, and we had to use hoses to get them to move.  They barked constantly and crapped all over the place. The larger ones would get the best spots and then spend most of their time barking and faux-charging the smaller ones to keep them away. During some months we'd have as many as a hundred barking, farting, crapping sea lions all around us.  The worst was when the squid came in shallow to lay their eggs and the sea lions would gorge themselves on them, consuming hundreds of pounds per day.  Forgive me for getting a bit graphic, but a diet of all squid make the sea lions poop all liquidy. More than once I slipped in slippery, nasty sea-lion squiddy poop.  EVery so often they'd get past our makeshift 'defenses' (plywood gates and 2x4s to block our entrances and we'd wind up having much closer encounters than intented or recommends.  I lost my boot to one nasty male when I turned a corner and didn't realize there was a sleeping, 1,500lb male with his head right there. It just barely broke the skin (and I lost my boot to the sea) but their mouths are such a foul conglomeration of bacteria that I had to go to the hospital and have it thoroughly cleaned and a shot of antibiotics.

So I'm definitely with you in having no love whatsoever for the sea lions - particularly when they are lounging on docks. 

Don't even get me started on sea otters...

And then there is the whole parasite thing. I don't have any experience with sea lions, but the more seals you have in an area, the more parasites you get in the fish. Preparing a nice fish dinner when the meat is full of wriggling worms, takes a fair bit of the apetite away. Sure, they die when you cook them long enough. But still. And some of the parasites can infect humans if you eat uncooked meat or go bathing on a beach full of seal shit.

I have never understood those who want to swim with marine mammals.

snacky

• Senior Mustachian
  • Forum Dignitary
« Reply #322 on: January 11, 2019, 06:30:06 AM »

How does a Narwhal kiss without absolutely murdering their love interest?

Carefully.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #323 on: January 11, 2019, 06:31:51 AM »

This reminded me of something.  There is a tenured professor of Marine Biology - Milton Love - who writes a blog about marine science, and in particular what it's like to be a marine biologist.  In his opening 'manifestio' he mentions people who want to commune with dolphins.
(excerpt from Dr Milton Love's: So You Want To Be A Marine Biologist?)

Three Really, Really Bad Reasons to Want to Be a Marine Biologist

Reason Number One: “I want to be a marine biologist so that I can talk to dolphins.”

Believing this is simply the Kiss of Death. This is the verbal equivalent of reaching down your throat, pulling out your own intestines, wrapping them around your neck and choking yourself. When we hear this our impulse is to thwack you a good one on your keester with the frozen haddock we keep within arm’s reach just for this occasion.

And why is that? It is because, and please listen carefully, while you may want to talk to dolphins, dolphins do not want to talk to you. That’s right. Mostly, dolphins want to eat fishes and have sex with other dolphins. And that pretty much cuts you out of the loop, doesn’t it? Oh, I know that there are the occasional dolphins that hang around beaches, swim with humans and seem to be chummy, but these are the exceptions. You don’t judge the whole human race by the people who attend monster car rallies, do you?

Just be honest with yourself. If you want to talk to dolphins you don’t want to be a biologist. What you really want to do is explore your past lives, get in touch with the Cosmic Oneness and conduct similar-minded individuals on tours to Central America looking for evidence that We Are Not Alone. Our experience is that people who feel this way last about 6.5 minutes in any biology program.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #324 on: January 11, 2019, 06:57:01 AM »

Hmmm, do you mean the SS Narwahl, Narwahl Creative, or Cafe Narwahl? Or maybe Norman the Narwahl Organic Stuffed Animal by San Francisco Artist Elly Lu-Sprout? No shortage of narwahls in The City, apparently.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sproutsanfrancisco.com/norman-the-narwhal&ved=2ahUKEwjMtrWi7-XfAhXPGTQIHQJbBisQFjARegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0T9x7GfPre0K-pydeZ8Ygg

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #325 on: January 11, 2019, 07:13:07 AM »

This reminded me of something.  There is a tenured professor of Marine Biology - Milton Love - who writes a blog about marine science, and in particular what it's like to be a marine biologist.  In his opening 'manifestio' he mentions people who want to commune with dolphins.

Reason Number One: “I want to be a marine biologist so that I can talk to dolphins.”

First reason not to be a Vet Tech - I love cats and dogs.  Um, you are going to be the animal equivalent of a nurse/surgical nurse/dental tech/lab tech/X-ray tech and sometimes janitor.  You love cats and dogs?  Go volunteer at a shelter.  You have good science skills, can cope with blood, poop, hours of standing on your feet, and dealing with pet owners?  Good, you might make a good vet tech.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #326 on: January 11, 2019, 08:14:16 AM »

Believing this is simply the Kiss of Death. This is the verbal equivalent of reaching down your throat, pulling out your own intestines, wrapping them around your neck and choking yourself. When we hear this our impulse is to thwack you a good one on your keester with the frozen haddock we keep within arm’s reach just for this occasion.

And why is that? It is because, and please listen carefully, while you may want to talk to dolphins, dolphins do not want to talk to you. That’s right. Mostly, dolphins want to eat fishes and have sex with other dolphins. And that pretty much cuts you out of the loop, doesn’t it? Oh, I know that there are the occasional dolphins that hang around beaches, swim with humans and seem to be chummy, but these are the exceptions. You don’t judge the whole human race by the people who attend monster car rallies, do you?

Just be honest with yourself. If you want to talk to dolphins you don’t want to be a biologist. What you really want to do is explore your past lives, get in touch with the Cosmic Oneness and conduct similar-minded individuals on tours to Central America looking for evidence that We Are Not Alone. Our experience is that people who feel this way last about 6.5 minutes in any biology program.

And those few could very well be planning an attack: https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1862148

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #327 on: January 11, 2019, 03:42:35 PM »

First reason not to be a Vet Tech - I love cats and dogs.  Um, you are going to be the animal equivalent of a nurse/surgical nurse/dental tech/lab tech/X-ray tech and sometimes janitor.  You love cats and dogs?  Go volunteer at a shelter.  You have good science skills, can cope with blood, poop, hours of standing on your feet, and dealing with pet owners?  Good, you might make a good vet tech.

First reason to become a nurse: I love humans

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #328 on: January 11, 2019, 03:43:33 PM »

Hmmm, do you mean the SS Narwahl, Narwahl Creative, or Cafe Narwahl? Or maybe Norman the Narwahl Organic Stuffed Animal by San Francisco Artist Elly Lu-Sprout? No shortage of narwahls in The City, apparently.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sproutsanfrancisco.com/norman-the-narwhal&ved=2ahUKEwjMtrWi7-XfAhXPGTQIHQJbBisQFjARegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw0T9x7GfPre0K-pydeZ8Ygg

In all seriousness, anyone planning to visit Alcatraz should get the narwhal encounter add-on.  Highly recommended

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #329 on: February 27, 2019, 12:38:36 PM »
@RetiredAt63 becomes our newest "Senior Mustachian"!
@2Birds1Stone, @joonifloofeefloo & @JLee have leveled up to Walrus status.  See Dragoncar for your copy of the executive washroom key.

Congratulations to all... or something.

(@Cassie and @meadow lark  are threatening, with dark horse @Jon_Snow closing in...)

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2019, 12:42:32 PM »
When @Jon_Snow s journal is deleted, there may be a change in the order.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2019, 12:43:37 PM »
(@Cassie and @meadow lark  are threatening, with dark horse @Jon_Snow closing in...)

Well that is only appropriate since I am a senior and a Mustachian.  Took me long enough.  ;-)

@Jon_Snow will be dropping out of the race soon, once his latest journal gets deleted.  Sigh, I lose the Rosie pictures, and the kayaking pictures, and the  . . . .  pictures.  Hmm, given that I posted there fairly often, I may get demoted back to Walrus as well.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2019, 12:55:10 PM »

Well that is only appropriate since I am a senior and a Mustachian.  Took me long enough.  ;-)

@Jon_Snow will be dropping out of the race soon, once his latest journal gets deleted.  Sigh, I lose the Rosie pictures, and the kayaking pictures, and the  . . . .  pictures.  Hmm, given that I posted there fairly often, I may get demoted back to Walrus as well.
See Dragoncar about returning your washroom key.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
@2Birds1Stone, @joonifloofeefloo & @JLee have leveled up to Walrus status.  See Dragoncar for your copy of the executive washroom key.

Congratulations to all... or something.

It's so spacious!!

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2019, 07:28:15 AM »

This washroom is getting crowded.  What facilities are they offering to senior mustachians?

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2019, 07:36:04 AM »

This washroom is getting crowded.  What facilities are they offering to senior mustachians?

No idea, only a few have ever seen it in person.  Arebelspy designed and built it himself years ago for his own personal forum use.  I hear there's a two-story fountain inside...

@RetiredAt63 - how did it feel being a Senior Mustachian, before you reverted back to your Walrus roots?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #336 on: February 28, 2019, 07:43:28 AM »
I hear there's a two-story fountain inside...

Incorrect, there is no fountain.  There does exist an extremely efficient bidet though.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #337 on: February 28, 2019, 08:05:53 AM »

No idea, only a few have ever seen it in person.  Arebelspy designed and built it himself years ago for his own personal forum use.  I hear there's a two-story fountain inside...

@RetiredAt63 - how did it feel being a Senior Mustachian, before you reverted back to your Walrus roots?

I forgot to check out the washroom reserved for senior mustachians, my bad.  So back to Walrus feels the same as ever.  Mind you, I only need 230 more posts to regain my emeritus status.  If I would just post more regularly on my own journal that would be easy.    ;-)

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #338 on: February 28, 2019, 07:01:47 PM »
Is walrus the 5k post one?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #339 on: February 28, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
+1 to this question. Is the order pinned somewhere?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2019, 07:20:17 PM »

+1 to this +1. I've been wondering this for years.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #342 on: February 28, 2019, 09:00:09 PM »

+1 to this +1. I've been wondering this for years.

Don’t get too attached, it changes from time to time.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #343 on: March 01, 2019, 09:06:13 AM »
Until they give us the keys to the senior washroom, it doesn't much matter anyway.  It just shows we spend too much time here.   ;-)

I am beginning to think the senior washroom is hidden at Hogwarts.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #344 on: March 02, 2019, 03:14:29 PM »
CURRENTLY you achieve “Walrus” status at 5,000 posts. 
Senior Mustachian is achieved at 10,000.  No level above Senior Mustachian has yet been achieved or identified.

As mentioned, at least twice post-count has been bumped up, and if you are a frequent poster in someone’s journal who then delete it (cough cough....) you’ll lose those posts as well and ‘regress’.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #345 on: March 02, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »
Senior Mustachian is achieved at 10,000.  No level above Senior Mustachian has yet been achieved or identified.

As mentioned, at least twice post-count has been bumped up, and if you are a frequent poster in someone’s journal who then delete it (cough cough....) you’ll lose those posts as well and ‘regress’.
"The Rebel Spy Stache" level complete with dark sunglasses and fake nose for those above 10k posts.

‘Senior Mustachian’ is at 10k. 
‘Rebel Spy Stache’ has to be much, much higher.  Like maybe 20k.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2019, 09:10:26 AM »

"The Rebel Spy Stache" level complete with dark sunglasses and fake nose for those above 10k posts.

‘Senior Mustachian’ is at 10k. 
‘Rebel Spy Stache’ has to be much, much higher.  Like maybe 20k.
Or 27,300 something. Not that I'm counting ;-).
Good thing. No one can keep up with the great ARS.

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #347 on: November 03, 2019, 02:17:27 PM »

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #348 on: November 03, 2019, 02:37:23 PM »
Congratulations!

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache