Author Topic: Who will be our second walrus?  (Read 145379 times)

Paul der Krake

• Walrus Stache
Re: Who will be our second walrus?
« Reply #500 on: February 02, 2022, 08:47:44 AM »
I didn't know that there were secret levels. I also don't know how many posts I have, so let me post this and find out!

Edit: Someone's gonna have to show me the secret sub-forums, cause I missed them.
We specifically black-balled you at the last Council of Super Walruses, so you won't see them.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #501 on: February 02, 2022, 09:07:27 AM »
I didn't know that there were secret levels. I also don't know how many posts I have, so let me post this and find out!

Edit: Someone's gonna have to show me the secret sub-forums, cause I missed them.
We specifically black-balled you at the last Council of Super Walruses, so you won't see them.
Who told you about the Council when you haven't qualified for it yet?

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #502 on: February 02, 2022, 09:08:06 AM »

Who told you about the Council when you haven't qualified yet?

Leave it to the British to reproduce the Star Chamber.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #503 on: February 02, 2022, 02:20:47 PM »

What'd I do?!? boo hoo

:)

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2022, 01:59:39 AM »

Who told you about the Council when you haven't qualified for it yet?

You are on the council but we do not grant you the rank of super walrus

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #505 on: February 03, 2022, 06:27:57 AM »
Grant do not we you the rank of super walrus

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2022, 09:13:03 AM »
Grant do not we you the rank of super walrus

Grant we you do gift the of obfuscatory syntax.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #507 on: February 03, 2022, 03:40:04 PM »
Who let Yoda in?

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #508 on: February 03, 2022, 04:57:51 PM »
I can't find the Star Chamber either. Does it have any actual stars?

seattlecyclone

• Walrus Stache
    • My blog
« Reply #509 on: February 03, 2022, 06:13:50 PM »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #510 on: September 23, 2022, 05:21:45 PM »
Meanwhile… while absolutely no one was paying attention…
@Malcat, @LifeHappens and @mm1970 somehow snuck by as new ‘Senior Mustachians’

Quite a few new walruses too… @waltworks, @Another Reader , @OtherJen @talltexan , @Villanelle @Rural @frugalnacho and @dandarc have all made this ignoble milestone

Congrats! (…or something)

FUN FACT!  @Rural has taken the longest of any poster to reach the 5,000 post threshold… So there’s something to be said about persistence…?

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #511 on: September 23, 2022, 07:27:07 PM »
Do I out myself as an ignoble walrus??? It happened a year ago, I never got my key. This is like that time my boss approved me for a raise, but her boss overlooked approving it and HR didn't catch it until another year had gone by and I was granted a second raise...

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #512 on: September 23, 2022, 08:31:25 PM »
Do I out myself as an ignoble walrus??? It happened a year ago, I never got my key. This is like that time my boss approved me for a raise, but her boss overlooked approving it and HR didn't catch it until another year had gone by and I was granted a second raise...

I guess that means you get a 2nd walrus! 

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #513 on: September 23, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »
Hey @grantmeaname, how did you do that?

Congratulations to everyone who has reached new milestones. If you're attending the Moab Meetup, there will be extra servings of S'mores.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #514 on: September 23, 2022, 10:15:49 PM »
what did I do?

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #515 on: September 23, 2022, 10:34:48 PM »

Quite a few new walruses too… @waltworks, @Another Reader , @OtherJen @talltexan , @Villanelle @Rural @frugalnacho and @dandarc have all made this ignoble milestone

FUN FACT!  @Rural has taken the longest of any poster to reach the 5,000 post threshold… So there’s something to be said about persistence…?

I feel like I should have a lot more posts than I do.

...oh wait, I did. I had thousands of my early posts deleted after a cyber stalker incident.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #516 on: September 23, 2022, 10:44:00 PM »

I guess that means you get a 2nd walrus!

Oh, sweet 😁

Now I have a hedge against walrus inflation.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #517 on: September 24, 2022, 03:37:21 AM »

...oh wait, I did. I had thousands of my early posts deleted after a cyber stalker incident.

Yeah, one can go backwards in posts.  I think Snacky caused a few people to drop back on more than one occasion with the deletion of a journal.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2022, 11:50:51 AM »

Huh. Look at that. Think it's been several months since I made walrus? Maybe a year? Not sure.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #519 on: September 25, 2022, 12:21:22 PM »

Yeah, one can go backwards in posts.  I think Snacky caused a few people to drop back on more than one occasion with the deletion of a journal.
I did not know that. In the olden days, when reaching a certain post count mattered to past me, I paid attention. Post-FIRE, I'm amused at how a career in sales conditioned me to strive for a goal, any goal, every goal.

During that now-forgotten (mostly) time, I also learned that PM's don't count toward total posts, so I rarely sent them. Nowadays, I don't care. Now I sometimes send more PMs than posts in a day. Since my reason for hanging around is primarily to be useful to others on the FIRE path, either way is fine by me.

Hmmm, does anyone remember Serpentine(NYC), Dagiffy (lived in his Volt) or Joon (who has a lot of screen names, each longer than the last)? Those are just a few others I can think of that would have made a significant dent in my post count when they disappeared. There are a couple of others that had to be deleted for security reasons, so I'm not mentioning them.

Oh, and Congratulations @Rural. Don't be such a stranger, lol.

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »

Hmmm, does anyone remember Serpentine(NYC), Dagiffy (lived in his Volt) or Joon (who has a lot of screen names, each longer than the last)? Those are just a few others I can think of that would have made a significant dent in my post count when they disappeared. There are a couple of others that had to be deleted for security reasons, so I'm not mentioning them.

Do you mean Serpent's Tooth?   I asked about her a year or so, and another member was able to tell us that she is fine and doing well in StoryBookLand.    Dagiffy got banned a couple of times - he came back after changing his profile name, but got into some heated political debates I think so that got him banned.    I miss Jooni too.   Also Second Timer - she was having some health difficulties and just disappeared. 

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #521 on: September 25, 2022, 11:11:58 PM »

Do you mean Serpent's Tooth?   I asked about her a year or so, and another member was able to tell us that she is fine and doing well in StoryBookLand.    Dagiffy got banned a couple of times - he came back after changing his profile name, but got into some heated political debates I think so that got him banned.    I miss Jooni too.   Also Second Timer - she was having some health difficulties and just disappeared.
Yes, Serpentstooth. I think she waded too deep into some political stuff, too. I'm sorry I missed her update. Yeah, I know Dagiffy got himself in trouble a couple of times. He was the first forumite I met IRL. He came over and did his laundry and I fed him tacos. My husband thought I'd lost my mind, but the fact that it turned out okay is what convinced him to agree to the first Moab Meetup. Joon used to have a blog, but stopped updating it about the same time she dropped out here. There are so many more... I love it when people come back with updates. Oh, another I miss, though she still checks in occasionally, and one of her threads is still alive, is @lifejoy.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2022, 06:02:06 AM »
In a moment of financial indulgence, I signed up for the Sirius XM radio so that my (brief and infrequent) car trips can include the Beatles channel on there, and I will think of you guys the next time they play "I am the Walrus".

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2022, 09:48:26 AM »
Is there an easier to way to delete old posts rather than one by one? My perspectives on some things have changed so much since I arrived here. This place has been quite the education (a good one). Still, so much more to learn.

I'd be happy with ~250 posts on my count. And freeze it.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2022, 10:08:51 AM »
I'm not a fan of deleted posts because it removes context and potentially useful info for future readers. Censoring personal information is one thing but a mass-deletion of posts is a loss for the community.

Metalcat

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2022, 11:52:23 AM »
I'm not a fan of deleted posts because it removes context and potentially useful info for future readers. Censoring personal information is one thing but a mass-deletion of posts is a loss for the community.

Sure, but the people who do it often have a good reason.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2022, 12:09:00 PM »
Is there an easier to way to delete old posts rather than one by one? My perspectives on some things have changed so much since I arrived here. This place has been quite the education (a good one). Still, so much more to learn.

I'd be happy with ~250 posts on my count. And freeze it.

Various options - post everything personal in a journal and then delete the journal

Contact a mod (for extreme situations) and they can probably nuke your posts/account

Give me your password and I’ll go through and delete the posts

There’s probably a script or other automation somewhere to do this for you

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2022, 12:23:31 PM »

I assume you need a SSN or CC# too, for verification purposes?

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2022, 12:31:24 PM »

I assume you need a SSN or CC# too, for verification purposes?

Of course, can’t risk deleting someone’s account without verifying their identity

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2022, 12:43:17 PM »

Not the ones I'm thinking of. Mine were more or less dumb questions and thinking out loud rambles.

edit: typo that affected context
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:08:53 AM by Just Joe »

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #530 on: September 28, 2022, 12:52:34 AM »

Sure, but the people who do it often have a good reason.
Agreed, but it's still a loss.

simonsez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #531 on: February 14, 2023, 03:34:55 PM »
Congrats @ChpBstrd !

ChpBstrd

• Walrus Stache
  • Location: A poor and backward Southern state known as minimum wage country
« Reply #532 on: February 15, 2023, 08:12:06 AM »

G-dog