Author Topic: Who is tired of GS vs CLE?  (Read 828 times)

billybob

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Who is tired of GS vs CLE?
« on: May 19, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »
I kinda of do not want to see golden state and Cleveland in the NBA finals, who else feels this way?

RetiredAt63

• Walrus Stache
Re: Who is tired of GS vs CLE?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
Hockey semi-finals are on. Basketball?? Sorry.
The measure of civilization is how people treat one another.

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/ontario's-own-camp-mustache-2017/ - MEET US THERE!

RetiredAt63

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 07:06:11 PM »
And in international hockey, Canada beat Russia to get to the finals.
The measure of civilization is how people treat one another.

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/meetups-and-social-events/ontario's-own-camp-mustache-2017/ - MEET US THERE!

The Fake Cheap

• Stubble
    • The Fake Cheap
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 10:14:55 AM »
I agree.  Very sick of GS and CLE.  Moreso GS who essentially got a free pass to the finals when Leonard went down. 

craiglepaige

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 09:20:55 PM »
I'm from Cleveland so... But yeah, the lack of competition within the league is discouraging.
-The conqueror will always become a slave to his conquest.
-Don't ever mistake wealth for worth.

Papa bear

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 09:50:04 PM »
I'm just here to say. Go Cavs!!!!  Cleveland! City of Champions!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 10:26:33 PM »
Leonard has landed on/tripped over 4 feet in his last 6 games. He's the greatest two way player right now but needs to learn to better protect himself. SA has nearly the same winning record without Leonard as with so declaring his absence a free passage is hyperbole.

Basketball dynasties have existed for a long time since each individual game (let alone series) is more likely to be won by the better team than is the case in baseball or hockey. GS is perhaps the best team ever and playoff Lebron is ridiculous (except game 3 vs BOS, haha) so even if you don't like the teams, it's hard to argue you're not seeing the game played at an absurdly high level.

There have been a few great games in the playoffs, e.g. game 5 SA vs HOU (go Manu) and the SLC/LA series was good throughout, despite Griffin's annual playoff injury.

The Fake Cheap

• Stubble
    • The Fake Cheap
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 05:33:50 PM »
Leonard has landed on/tripped over 4 feet in his last 6 games. He's the greatest two way player right now but needs to learn to better protect himself. SA has nearly the same winning record without Leonard as with so declaring his absence a free passage is hyperbole.

Basketball dynasties have existed for a long time since each individual game (let alone series) is more likely to be won by the better team than is the case in baseball or hockey. GS is perhaps the best team ever and playoff Lebron is ridiculous (except game 3 vs BOS, haha) so even if you don't like the teams, it's hard to argue you're not seeing the game played at an absurdly high level.

There have been a few great games in the playoffs, e.g. game 5 SA vs HOU (go Manu) and the SLC/LA series was good throughout, despite Griffin's annual playoff injury.

Without Leonard and without Tony Parker, they never had a chance to win 4 games out of 7 against the Warriors, if that makes it any less of a hyperbole for you.

wepner

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:26 PM »
I agree.  Very sick of GS and CLE.  Moreso GS who essentially got a free pass to the finals when Leonard went down.

As opposed to the Cavs who play in the garbage east, playing Boston without IT?

I actually like Lebron alot but how he can take a team consisting of mostly top 5 picks and the highest salary in the NBA and trick people into making his team into underdogs. I halfway think he stunk on purpose against Boston just to avoid both teams going 12-0 and the championship being seen as a clash of the titans. Now that they lost one Lebron gets to go back to leading an outmatched team against the unbeatable warriors.

The Fake Cheap

• Stubble
    • The Fake Cheap
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »

As opposed to the Cavs who play in the garbage east, playing Boston without IT?

I actually like Lebron alot but how he can take a team consisting of mostly top 5 picks and the highest salary in the NBA and trick people into making his team into underdogs. I halfway think he stunk on purpose against Boston just to avoid both teams going 12-0 and the championship being seen as a clash of the titans. Now that they lost one Lebron gets to go back to leading an outmatched team against the unbeatable warriors.

I didn't see the Celtics taking more than 2 games from the Cavs, even with a healthy IT, so I don't quite see it the same way. 
It's not Lebron's fault no one wants to compete with him in the East.

So now that the finals are set, what is everyone thinking?  I think it is going to go 6 or 7 games, Cavs are playing great, but GS has home court.  It could go either way.