Author Topic: which forums are the snarkiest?  (Read 11783 times)

happy

• Walrus Stache
Re: which forums are the snarkiest?
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2017, 02:03:02 AM »
No 5% here, so I'm obviously too nice too.

Worst forums I've been on were rescue guinea pig forums. So bitchy, cliche and guilt inducing - just about needed therapy by the time I left.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2017, 05:47:02 AM »
Worst forums I've been on were rescue guinea pig forums. So bitchy, cliche and guilt inducing - just about needed therapy by the time I left.

Rescue guinea pig forums....?  Rescuing them from where, people's homes?  Labs?  Pet stores?  ...and why guinea pigs and not cats or dogs or horses?

fluffmuffin

• Bristles
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 05:50:44 AM »

You learn something new every day.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2017, 05:56:31 AM »
Wow, I had no idea % watched were things! Apparently I am entirely too civil =)

I really want to write something abusive in response to this so you can report me and I can see a % thing...

Yessss so awesome! Thanks ARS (I assume).

LOL Looks like I got one too :)

I love how cheerful the PM is about it haha.

It's excellent. I never want to leave the watchlist.

I'm not sure if I should be proud or depressed that no one thinks I'm worthy of being ona  watchlist given the amount of time I've spent here.
HOw long are you "watched" for? 

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2017, 06:08:34 AM »

I'm not sure if I should be proud or depressed that no one thinks I'm worthy of being ona  watchlist given the amount of time I've spent here.
[/quote]

Must be until you grovel to a monitor, begging for forgiveness. Mine has said, "Warning level 5%" for a long time now.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2017, 06:16:12 AM »

Must be until you grovel to a monitor, begging for forgiveness. Mine has said, "Warning level 5%" for a long time now.
[/quote]

Follow up question - does "warning level 5%" mean you have 5% left, or that you have used up 5% of the moderator's tolerance ... in other words, are you closer to being 'ok' or perma-banned right now?

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2017, 06:21:47 AM »

Don't know how mentally healthy all you folks are in Aussie land, but here is the states, bat shit crazy is hardly unusual, and for some reason, a lot of the wacky AF tribe really gravitates toward the dog and cat rescue scene. My SIL is an "emergency dog rescuer" With a dining room stacked full of cages for rescued pit bull mixes, that were pulled off the streets of a nearby ghetto. The house smells like a steaming pile of dog shit, and one day I expect to get a call about how they found her laying face up with her throat torn out by one of the friendly little killers she "saved", because, rescue.....

When it comes to "Guinea Pig rescue"  I have no words. I can only imagine what a beautifully twisted, upside down world that must be, LOL. If you thought being involved with that forum was taking you to the edge, I'm sure it's cause there were lots of Guinea Pig obsessed nut cases luring you there. Does take long till your up at 3AM, wearing your sweater with the knitted image of a Guinea Pig on the front, banging on the keyboard, and bitching about all the "normies" who just don't understand your "piggie love".

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2017, 06:31:34 AM »

Follow up question - does "warning level 5%" mean you have 5% left, or that you have used up 5% of the moderator's tolerance ... in other words, are you closer to being 'ok' or perma-banned right now?

I just laughed like a fool. That question immediately made an image pop in my head. I'm in elementary school, and just got caught pulling another on of my stunts that became a family legend. My father is standing there, so furious that his mustache is shaking, his hand is outstretched toward me, and his thumb is an inch away from his forefinger. (Now put Jack Nicholas in your mind. Officer and a Gentleman. As Jack screams, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH") My dad glares at me as shouts, "you are this close, this FUCKING close!"   

That is my final answer.  oh, and God do I miss you Dad. You were the best.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 06:46:34 AM by paddedhat »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2017, 06:38:45 AM »
...well i hope you don't go anywhere paddedhat.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2017, 02:18:43 AM »

Don't know how mentally healthy all you folks are in Aussie land, but here is the states, bat shit crazy is hardly unusual, and for some reason, a lot of the wacky AF tribe really gravitates toward the dog and cat rescue scene. My SIL is an "emergency dog rescuer" With a dining room stacked full of cages for rescued pit bull mixes, that were pulled off the streets of a nearby ghetto. The house smells like a steaming pile of dog shit, and one day I expect to get a call about how they found her laying face up with her throat torn out by one of the friendly little killers she "saved", because, rescue.....

When it comes to "Guinea Pig rescue"  I have no words. I can only imagine what a beautifully twisted, upside down world that must be, LOL. If you thought being involved with that forum was taking you to the edge, I'm sure it's cause there were lots of Guinea Pig obsessed nut cases luring you there. Does take long till your up at 3AM, wearing your sweater with the knitted image of a Guinea Pig on the front, banging on the keyboard, and bitching about all the "normies" who just don't understand your "piggie love".

You nailed it padded hat. Basically coz DD wanted rescue guinea pigs since she'd heard that was more ideologically sound... and the trap was sprung. In order to qualify one has to prove commitment to the cause etc etc. Photo evidence is required of every statement one might make and even then there constantly remains the possibility you might be one of those scumbag breeders or even worse a BRB (backyard breeder).

Llewellyn2006

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2017, 05:16:21 AM »
Velocipede Salon - if you're not a part of the inner circle then they'll barely even acknowledge your existence. They were too cool for me.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:50 AM »
Seriously guys, no one (and I mean no one) does judgmental snark like vegans. Vegan boards FTW!
except for crossfitting vegans ;-)

I believe that I was told by a crossfitter that there is no such thing as crossfitting vegans because true crossfitters follow a meat-focused paleo diet. So what happens when real, true crossfitters meet real true vegans. Is it like matter and antimatter meeting?
Actually there are a lot of them out there. Ask me how I know. I'll tell you ;-)!

LOL! Maybe in California where vegans rule the waves, but here in conservative Tennessee, cross-fitting vegans are sighted as often as unicorns.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2017, 07:44:13 AM »
Vegans are a pretty small subset of the Californian population, despite the public perception.
Just sayin’

YogiKitti

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »
Get off my internet is pretty snarky. Not to each other, but they snark on popular bloggers who are full of BS. Pretty entertaining.

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2017, 10:12:06 AM »
Vegans are a pretty small subset of the Californian population, despite the public perception.
Just sayin’

Vegans are an even smaller subset of the population of Tennessee. I grew up in Colorado which used to have the highest number of vegans per capita in the US and I really, really noticed the difference when I left.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!