Author Topic: What Vegetarian/Vegan food are you Eating Right Now?  (Read 122312 times)

Will

• Pencil Stache
  • What the deuce?!?!?
Re: What Vegetarian/Vegan food are you Eating Right Now?
« Reply #700 on: August 14, 2018, 06:04:58 PM »
I'm just waiting on the slow release of my Instant Pot so I can eat the soup I just made.  Lentils, potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, onion, garlic, various spices, and some veggie broth.  So good (even in hot weather).

clarkai

• Stubble
« Reply #701 on: August 14, 2018, 06:41:31 PM »
Oooh, I really am thinking about getting an instant pot. It seems like it would be a big time saver for me, because we eat so many beans. What are your favorite things to make in it?

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #702 on: August 14, 2018, 09:18:36 PM »
Instant pit is perfect for stock, soup and beans. I also like it for hard boiled eggs, caramelized onions, making yogurt, rice, quinoa, congee, and slow-cooked dishes like pulled pork. Love it for ribs (I pressure cook and then broil in oven / grill on BBQ or fire). Also good for cheesecake.

It's a tool like anything else. It's faster for things that should be cooked low and slow but not good for things you want to monitor closely and check continuously.  Slower for cooking vegetables and simple-to-heat foods.

We love ours and use it all the time. Partly because it replaced my nonstick rice cooker with a gorgeous stainless steel pot that does the exact same thing.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Will

• Pencil Stache
  • What the deuce?!?!?
« Reply #703 on: August 15, 2018, 12:47:04 AM »
Oooh, I really am thinking about getting an instant pot. It seems like it would be a big time saver for me, because we eat so many beans. What are your favorite things to make in it?

I use my Instant Pot almost every day.  I like to use it for soups, chili, "burrito bowls" of rice and beans, quinoa, some pasta dishes (a delicious vegan tofu bolognese), marinara sauce.  I think my favorite thing though is the crusty artisan bread!  Delicious, and my friends ask me to make it over and over and want the recipe.

I saw today that Costco carries Instant Pots, but I found a better deal on eBay.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #704 on: August 15, 2018, 07:41:37 AM »
We made some grilled portabello mushroom burgers last night with some gouda cheese melted on top and a thick slice of tomato on a bun.  They were pretty awesome.

clarkai

• Stubble
« Reply #705 on: August 15, 2018, 08:14:12 AM »

I use my Instant Pot almost every day.  I like to use it for soups, chili, "burrito bowls" of rice and beans, quinoa, some pasta dishes (a delicious vegan tofu bolognese), marinara sauce.  I think my favorite thing though is the crusty artisan bread!  Delicious, and my friends ask me to make it over and over and want the recipe.

I saw today that Costco carries Instant Pots, but I found a better deal on eBay.

Can I get the bread recipe? That sounds really interesting!

Will

• Pencil Stache
  • What the deuce?!?!?
« Reply #706 on: August 15, 2018, 10:08:16 AM »

Can I get the bread recipe? That sounds really interesting!

I use this one as the "basic outline" recipe, since I use whatever I happen to have (or add in things like chopped jalapenos!):

https://tidbits-marci.com/instant-pot-whole-wheat-crusty-bread/

clarkai

• Stubble
« Reply #707 on: August 15, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »
Just made a really tasty adzuki bean and greens dish. It's really very good. http://www.eatori.com/2012/06/adzuki-beans-with-miso-and-greens.html

elaine amj

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #708 on: August 17, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »
Tonight is Zoodles Lo Mein, with tofu instead of chicken. One of my very favorite low-cal, filling, yet mostly veggie dishes :)

https://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-zoodle-lo-mein-for-two/

---------------------

Camp Mustache Toronto (Sep 21-23) is where all the cool Mustachians will be gathering for meatball parties,  karaoke in the bell tower and VolleyHockeyBall!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #709 on: August 17, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
Breakfast of champions for two hearty eaters (or three ordinary mortals, or one very hungry hippo):

Take one can of coconut milk, mix with two cups of oatmeal, two heaping teaspoons of chocolate powder, and one large scoop of your favorite chocolate flavored protein powder.  Add in a tablespoon full of honey.  Heat and mix together over the stove on medium heat for about five minutes.  Stick into two bowls and top with grated chocolate chips and grated coconut.

PDXTabs

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #710 on: August 17, 2018, 04:35:51 PM »
Things made with canned black eyed peas.