Author Topic: What movies have you been watching?  (Read 14773 times)

Noodle

• Pencil Stache
Re: What movies have you been watching?
« Reply #200 on: July 01, 2018, 04:11:02 PM »
Watched Baby Driver last night, which concerns a young man who works as a getaway driver for various robberies. I'm not much of a crime-movie person, but I found it interesting to watch because the action scenes are choreographed and cut to match the beat of the music playing over them. This is an example: https://youtu.be/7ARFyrM6gVs Apparently it's been very influential and you see this technique in a lot of trailers, especially. The stunt drivers on the movie must have had an absolute whale of a time, because the driving scenes are pretty amazing.

HiddenSp0t

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2018, 03:19:34 AM »
I watched Stay movie

lizzzi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #202 on: July 03, 2018, 05:43:23 AM »
Still watching some family movies just for fun. Watched Paddington 2 on my Amazon Prime. Funny, sweet, touching, heartfelt, but not at all syrupy. I am starting to love this bear--definitely recommend Paddington and Paddington 2 for family viewing. The villain this time is Hugh Grant--camp to end all campiness and completely over the top. As I said upthread regarding a completely different performance of his--boy, can that guy act.

OurTown

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2018, 09:45:53 AM »
We watched "Logan's Run" from the mid 70s.  What a blast, and the electronic music soundtrack is awesome.  The we watched "Logan."  A little disappointing, kind of a melodramatic ending.  They did have automated trucks on the freeway in the near-future setting.

OtherJen

• Bristles
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2018, 08:53:28 PM »
We just rewatched Inception for the first time since seeing it in the theater as a new release. Fun movie, it's held up very well.

Noodle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2018, 08:35:44 AM »
Just watched "Early Man" which is a new stop-motion movie by the people who do Wallace and Gromit. It was OK--lots of little visual jokes and the animation was as always amazing--but the plot felt very slight. It concerns a soccer game between"Stone Age" (cavemen) and Bronze Age (sort of medieval) teams. I watch a fair amount of British TV and movies but felt like there was some English humor that was going over my head. Appropriate to watch during the World Cup, though...

SamuelR

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #206 on: Today at 03:27:20 AM »
I am Sam