Black bean and rolled oats burger made from scratch. I added ground flax seeds, jalapeños, grated ginger root, grated turmeric root, salt and black pepper.
That sounds delicious rpr!
Chippewa -- Thanks. Easy to make if you have a food processor.
1 cup rolled oats
1 can black beans
2-3 pickled jalapeños
1 inch ginger root grated (or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder)
1 inch fresh turmeric root grated (or 1/4 tsp turmeric powder)
pinch black pepper (helps in turmeric curcumin absorption)
1 tbsp ground flax seed
pinch salt (optional/to taste)
1. Add ground flax seed to 2 tbsp water and let sit for 10 min.
2. Add oats to food processor and grind coarsely (use pulse for a 15-30 seconds)
3. Add beans, jalapeños, ginger, turmeric, black pepper, flax mixture, salt and again grind coarsely
4. Makes 4 medium sized patties
5. Heat on skillet or grill depending on your preference with oil or without.