Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779209 times)

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #7450 on: February 16, 2021, 11:28:00 PM »
Trump did not have "70+ million votes", he had votes of the Republican Party, a minority of whom are Trump cultists.
It was my understanding the position of President is held by an individual not a Party.  That is to say, once the President is elected, the Party they align with can not simply choose to change who the President is.

Trump as an individual, who nominally agreed to align with the GOP, gained 70+ million votes during the last Presidential election.

It's about time those voters, each and every one of them, accept the reality of the fact that they chose to vote for Trump, not for the GOP, and stop trying to make rationalisations and excuses for their decision.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7451 on: February 17, 2021, 04:13:32 AM »
What do you have against the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, @LennStar?
Nothing that works harhar

i wrote about what the nuts believe, not what I think. (I admit I don't agree on some things the foundation does.)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #7452 on: February 17, 2021, 05:10:39 AM »
What do you have against the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, @LennStar?
Nothing that works harhar

i wrote about what the nuts believe, not what I think. (I admit I don't agree on some things the foundation does.)

It was the preamble to that, where you referred to him by one of the derogatory nickname his detractors use. It was unclear whether you were belittling the person, or simply repeating others (and if so, why?)

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7453 on: February 17, 2021, 06:13:11 AM »
So apparently QAnon is now expecting Biden to be arrested and Trump sworn into office on March 4 as that is the "historic" date of inauguration.

Crazy right? these people are lost souls
Humans believe all kinds of crazy shit. Just think of how many people send money to televangelists. I'm not sure believing Trump is any crazier than believing Joel Osteen. Both see the true believers as marks.

I hear ya, but at least Joel largely preaches positive messages. Shit, as much of an atheist as I am, give me POTUS Joel 100x out of 100 over Trump lol.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7454 on: February 17, 2021, 06:32:08 AM »
Trump did not have "70+ million votes", he had votes of the Republican Party, a minority of whom are Trump cultists.
It was my understanding the position of President is held by an individual not a Party.  That is to say, once the President is elected, the Party they align with can not simply choose to change who the President is.

Trump as an individual, who nominally agreed to align with the GOP, gained 70+ million votes during the last Presidential election.

It's about time those voters, each and every one of them, accept the reality of the fact that they chose to vote for Trump, not for the GOP, and stop trying to make rationalisations and excuses for their decision.

Republicans could have changed who the President was in the Impeachment trial of January/February 2020. They thought that sticking with Trump would increase the odds of keeping the White House. Given the information that was available at the time, I'm not sure they were wrong.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7455 on: February 17, 2021, 10:35:54 AM »

Republicans could have changed who the President was in the Impeachment trial of January/February 2020. They thought that sticking with Trump would increase the odds of keeping the White House. Given the information that was available at the time, I'm not sure they were wrong.
This is entirely true. It was in the hands of Republicans to either censure and dump Trump, or be loyal to Trump (over the country's best interests). They chose Trump. We should never forget this.

the_gastropod

• Bristles
« Reply #7456 on: February 17, 2021, 01:58:24 PM »

While that may be true, it's such a sad testament to where we're at—caring only about maintaining/expanding power, and not about doing what's right. You see that with the censuring of Senator Cheney, Senator Toomey, etc., who dared to speak out against Trump.

Maybe I'm a blind partisan hack, but I don't see Democrats behaving this way. You need not look any further than Al Franken or Katie Hill to see evidence of this.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7457 on: February 17, 2021, 02:54:12 PM »
Winning power affects which ideas get a seat at the table. Winning power reflects the will of the people and winning power enables the movement of policy that will ultimately affect quality of life.

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7458 on: February 17, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »

Well yes, but I was referring to the election process.

And after the impeachment trial in 2020 the nomination for President during the 2020 election was Trump specifically - not a vote for the GOP in general to choose whoever they wanted to be President after the election.  Trump got 70+ million votes.  Not the Republican Party.  Those 70+ million people voted for Trump and it's time they owned that decision.  No amount of obfuscating about actually really truly only voting for the GOP and not really wanting Trump at all changes that fact.

the_gastropod

• Bristles
« Reply #7459 on: February 17, 2021, 04:07:53 PM »
Winning power affects which ideas get a seat at the table. Winning power reflects the will of the people and winning power enables the movement of policy that will ultimately affect quality of life.

With all due respect, this feels pretty hand-wavy, and ignores several things:

1. "The will of the people" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. That 43 Senators (who represent a hell of a lot fewer Americans than the other 57) can block the actual will of the people to hold a former president to account for inciting an insurrection seems to be reflecting a dangerous minority's will.
2. The bi-directionality of influence is ignored. Trump supporters didn't just come up with this "stolen election" idea on their own—Trump told them this lie, and whipped them into a fury. The Republican party largely supported this. How is (attempting to) win by enabling blatant and dangerous lies good for anyone? And isn't it troubling to you that Republicans apparently have decided abandoning reality is their best path forward?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7460 on: February 17, 2021, 04:22:09 PM »

1. "The will of the people" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. That 43 Senators (who represent a hell of a lot fewer Americans than the other 57) can block the actual will of the people to hold a former president to account for inciting an insurrection seems to be reflecting a dangerous minority's will.
2. The bi-directionality of influence is ignored. Trump supporters didn't just come up with this "stolen election" idea on their own—Trump told them this lie, and whipped them into a fury. The Republican party largely supported this. How is (attempting to) win by enabling blatant and dangerous lies good for anyone? And isn't it troubling to you that Republicans apparently have decided abandoning reality is their best path forward?

Republicans have firmly entrenched policy approaches that run counter-majority.  Their supporters expect this entrenchment of policy and will viciously punish any Republican who tries to change them to a more popular path.  That has forced the party into a situation where they're losing in popularity - slowly but steadily.

The party has been grasping at straws to maintain a level of power disproportionate to the will of the people for quite a while now.  Their senate power is a legal example of this.  Their blatant race based voter suppression is an illegal example of this.  But they need to grasp at every straw, and we will see this behavior only worsening in the future (Trump's reality denying lies are just another example of this straw grasping).  Otherwise they'll fade into irrelevance.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7461 on: February 17, 2021, 07:27:45 PM »

Republicans have firmly entrenched policy approaches that run counter-majority.  Their supporters expect this entrenchment of policy and will viciously punish any Republican who tries to change them to a more popular path.  That has forced the party into a situation where they're losing in popularity - slowly but steadily.

The party has been grasping at straws to maintain a level of power disproportionate to the will of the people for quite a while now.  Their senate power is a legal example of this.  Their blatant race based voter suppression is an illegal example of this.  But they need to grasp at every straw, and we will see this behavior only worsening in the future (Trump's reality denying lies are just another example of this straw grasping).  Otherwise they'll fade into irrelevance.

It's unfortunate that the US system basically enforces a 2 party system.  There is room for a more rational conservative party there.

Of course I say this when we have the same gap.  Where is my financially conservative socially progressive Canadian party?  Non-existent. :-(

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #7462 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »
Because that's a fantasy. You really can't separate social from financial at a national level without hand waving over a lot of historic and current systemic issues that are far too serious to ignore.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #7463 on: February 17, 2021, 08:16:07 PM »

Of course I say this when we have the same gap.  Where is my financially conservative socially progressive Canadian party?  Non-existent. :-(

The Greens fit your bill strangely enough. They aim for fiscal responsibility while switching to greener choices.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7464 on: February 18, 2021, 04:08:12 AM »
Slight but important correction:

Winning power reflects the will of the people that count.

And that is not nitpicking, that is the explanation of why the democracy in the US is in such a bad state. (For the rest read the book in my signature)

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7465 on: February 18, 2021, 05:52:30 AM »
I accept the corrections.

The Republican party has indeed shown that their path toward power has very little to do with persuading the other side, and quite a bit to do with simply keeping the other side from exercising their vote.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7466 on: February 18, 2021, 06:30:37 AM »

The Greens fit your bill strangely enough. They aim for fiscal responsibility while switching to greener choices.

I know they do, I wrote that very thing on a thread here a few years ago.  But someone mentioned a few iffy things in their platform, I need to see if they have been improved.  And seriously, where I live I am throwing my vote away if I vote Green.  Last election I voted strategically, like a lot of my friends did.  This means I voted Liberal to be sure our Conservative candidate didn't get in.  I didn't want the Liberals and NDP to split the liberal vote. Seriously, the Conservatives are still mostly Reform.  And let's remember that a PC government closed Connaught lab, so now we have to import vaccines.
Rant over.   ;-)

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7467 on: February 18, 2021, 07:22:33 AM »
Wait, political parties still have platforms? This is 2020 2021!

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7468 on: February 18, 2021, 10:48:34 AM »

In 2016 I was struck by the number of times I heard that HRC had “no policies” when she had some of the most wonkish and detailed ever put forth.  I didn’t agree with all of them, but they were there and they were highly detailed. Trump’s platform read much like his speeches: filled with superlative language but lacking in substance.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7469 on: February 18, 2021, 11:13:54 AM »

In 2016 I was struck by the number of times I heard that HRC had “no policies” when she had some of the most wonkish and detailed ever put forth.  I didn’t agree with all of them, but they were there and they were highly detailed. Trump’s platform read much like his speeches: filled with superlative language but lacking in substance.

The RNC didn't update their platform last year. It's unclear if this was because it's now the Trump Party or if the establishment conservatives wanted to avoid lunacy (cf, Jewish Space Lasers) in the platform.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7470 on: February 18, 2021, 05:46:51 PM »
I know this is the Trump outrage of the day thread, but is it okay to talk about Ted Cruz?

“It’s too cold.  I’m going to Cancun!”

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #7471 on: February 18, 2021, 06:53:31 PM »
I know this is the Trump outrage of the day thread, but is it okay to talk about Ted Cruz?

“It’s too cold.  I’m going to Cancun!”

The kids wanted to, though!

Uh, and you can't tell your kids "The roads aren't safe," like you just told the rest of the state??

Oh, and evidently, it was the wide coordinating things, not friends of the kids...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:02:29 PM by ixtap »

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7472 on: February 18, 2021, 06:58:49 PM »

It may yet be, if Trump falls out of favor. Remember that he stole this particular crown from Cruz four years ago.

Loved this gem from his rather suspect response: "Of course, I understand why people are upset. Listen, we're in a strange time where Twitter's been going crazy and the media is going crazy and there's a lot of venom and vitriol that I think is unfortunate frankly on both sides," Cruz said. "I think everyone ought to treat each other with respect and decency and try to understand each other more particularly at a time of crisis. I got caught doing something selfish and unleadership-like and I'm going to just blame the media for catching me."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 07:20:35 PM by Travis »

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7473 on: February 18, 2021, 09:49:15 PM »
He should have gone on a holiday to Australia, since Facebook decided to erase us all. He'd be away from social media.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7474 on: February 18, 2021, 10:13:57 PM »
He should have gone on a holiday to Australia, since Facebook decided to erase us all. He'd be away from social media.

We can't do that. To admit Australia exists is to be forced to admit there's more than one season occurring on Earth at the same time that isn't in the United States.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7475 on: February 19, 2021, 02:33:51 AM »

We can't do that. To admit Australia exists is to be forced to admit there's more than one season occurring on Earth at the same time that isn't in the United States.

He'd also have to admit that some countries didn't fuck up their COVID responses as badly as the US did.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7476 on: February 19, 2021, 03:59:59 AM »

He'd also have to admit that some countries didn't fuck up their COVID responses as badly as the US did.
That's unfair. Australia is a single-country continent. No foreigners bringing in the virus and basically no high density areas.
You have to compare it to a country with many multi-million cities and several neignoring countries.
Like China. 

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7477 on: February 19, 2021, 04:21:28 AM »

That's unfair. Australia is a single-country continent. No foreigners bringing in the virus and basically no high density areas.
You have to compare it to a country with many multi-million cities and several neignoring countries.
Like China. 
Australia is one of the most urbanised countries in the world.

There are a number of people bringing in the virus.

At one stage, recently, one of our states had a higher rate of transmission than the UK, but they managed to get it back to zero cases - the only place in the world to do so.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7478 on: February 19, 2021, 06:53:56 AM »
Indeed I have many Texan friends, and they are gloriously piling onto Sen. Cruz. I've even seen reporting that one of his wife's friends showed the text message exchange with Heidi Cruz in which they planned the trip as a spur-of-the-moment thing, giving the lie to the Senator's claims once he was caught.

I don't feel bad for Heidi Cruz: she's a powerhouse in finance and (in her own right) became a partner at Goldman Sachs. She should have the skillset to keep her personal business restricted to trustworthy people. She also is capable of earning $millions in a year, so if she doesn't want to suffer through a week without power, I cannot blame her.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7479 on: February 19, 2021, 06:55:05 AM »
Meanwhile, Beto O'Rourke--who lost the Senate election to Cruz in 2018--has been coordinating a volunteer staff of hundreds of people to bring supplies and comfort to the vulnerable.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7480 on: February 19, 2021, 07:49:49 AM »
Indeed I have many Texan friends, and they are gloriously piling onto Sen. Cruz. I've even seen reporting that one of his wife's friends showed the text message exchange with Heidi Cruz in which they planned the trip as a spur-of-the-moment thing, giving the lie to the Senator's claims once he was caught.

I don't feel bad for Heidi Cruz: she's a powerhouse in finance and (in her own right) became a partner at Goldman Sachs. She should have the skillset to keep her personal business restricted to trustworthy people. She also is capable of earning $millions in a year, so if she doesn't want to suffer through a week without power, I cannot blame her.

Yes. One of Heidi Cruz's friends released the private group text to the media and outed Ted's lies. https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/539528-heidi-cruz-says-family-went-to-cancun-because-of-freezing-house-in-texts-nyt

Do we seriously think that anything will happen to Fled Cruz? It seems that all he will need to do is rant about socialism, say "Don't Mess with Texas" a bunch of times, bitch about liberals, and fire up a new batch of exceptionalist/secessionist/libertarian/bootstrap rhetoric. It seems to be working for Gov. Abbott. Their constituents are literally freezing to death and running out of water, but I suspect this will roll right off of them. They're Republicans in Texas. Memories are short, and this will be forgotten by the 2022 election (when presumably Abbott will be on the ballot) if they complain enough about voter fraud.

(I'm very cynical and disgusted by Republicans today and am incapable of being objective.)

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7481 on: February 19, 2021, 07:58:27 AM »
I've read this satire article 3 times and it's still cracking me up:

Ted Cruz Honestly Surprised So Many People Want Him Around

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/18/ted-cruz-cancun-surprised-texas-wants-him-back/

It's hard to understand how he ever got elected.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7482 on: February 19, 2021, 07:59:03 AM »
Meanwhile, Beto O'Rourke--who lost the Senate election to Cruz in 2018--has been coordinating a volunteer staff of hundreds of people to bring supplies and comfort to the vulnerable.

And that NY librul AOC raised $1M in 4 hours for Texas.

Darn Dems helping people in need... while the R's slither and hide.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7483 on: February 19, 2021, 08:00:13 AM »
I've read this satire article 3 times and it's still cracking me up:

Ted Cruz Honestly Surprised So Many People Want Him Around

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/02/18/ted-cruz-cancun-surprised-texas-wants-him-back/

It's hard to understand how he ever got elected.

Petri's columns make the WaPo a worthwhile subscription (in addition to a lot of other content). Sarcastic AF

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7484 on: February 19, 2021, 08:26:51 AM »
The thing about Texas is that Republican power is so secure that Abbott is constantly having to protect himself from the right flank. If he wants to continue as governor after 2022, he's got to worry about guys like Dan Patrick who have more credibility with evangelical Christians. Ted Cruz--who won't be up until 2024--has more to worry about from an up-and-coming congressman like Dan Crenshaw than from any Democrat.

And that Colorado City mayor may be in the mix as well, he sounds dang committed to the cause of liberty.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7485 on: February 19, 2021, 08:37:59 AM »
The thing about Texas is that Republican power is so secure that Abbott is constantly having to protect himself from the right flank. If he wants to continue as governor after 2022, he's got to worry about guys like Dan Patrick who have more credibility with evangelical Christians. Ted Cruz--who won't be up until 2024--has more to worry about from an up-and-coming congressman like Dan Crenshaw than from any Democrat.

And that Colorado City mayor may be in the mix as well, he sounds dang committed to the cause of liberty.

He'll probably get an award from the Texas Republican Party.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7486 on: February 19, 2021, 09:15:45 AM »
I'm frustrated that voters' seldom remember what a politician did more than 6 months before an election, which allows and even promotes such antics during non-election years. 
Lindsay Graham's early comments about Cruz and Trump (like choosing between being poisoned or shot) are largely forgotten, as have Cruz's numerous grandstanding and political quackery (shutting down the government, calling into question the election, opposition to same-sex marriage)

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7487 on: February 19, 2021, 09:28:38 AM »

Yes. One of Heidi Cruz's friends released the private group text to the media and outed Ted's lies. https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/539528-heidi-cruz-says-family-went-to-cancun-because-of-freezing-house-in-texts-nyt

Do we seriously think that anything will happen to Fled Cruz? It seems that all he will need to do is rant about socialism, say "Don't Mess with Texas" a bunch of times, bitch about liberals, and fire up a new batch of exceptionalist/secessionist/libertarian/bootstrap rhetoric. It seems to be working for Gov. Abbott. Their constituents are literally freezing to death and running out of water, but I suspect this will roll right off of them. They're Republicans in Texas. Memories are short, and this will be forgotten by the 2022 election (when presumably Abbott will be on the ballot) if they complain enough about voter fraud.

(I'm very cynical and disgusted by Republicans today and am incapable of being objective.)

I feel you.  Unfortunately, I think the people that are (most) freezing/without water/power are not the same ones that will decide if there are any consequences for him before his next election, and maybe not then either. 

I think there are 3 groups.  Those that aren't suffering as much as others through this and are sticking with their partisan lines (mostly Republicans, because it's TX), those who are suffering and would hold him (and others) accountable but don't hold the political power to do so and those who are suffering but don't care about holding him (and others) accountable, probably for a combination of reasons (because of course, socialism is way worse, lack of trust in democracy - that you get rid of this asshole and just get another asshole and nothing ever changes, etc.). 

If someone could harness the power of the liberal portion of group 1 with group 2 and engage group 3 enough over time, maybe something would change.  And there are groups working on it.  It's probably still years away, like Stacey Abrams' work was a decade in the making.  The Texas Organizing Project, two of the leaders of whom have been compared to Stacey Abrams, is doing good work.  See: https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/texas-georgia-elections-democrats/.  It's a long battle though. 

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7488 on: February 19, 2021, 09:43:56 AM »
Yeah, I don't see Cruz losing his seat next election for him.

Also, I think it's safe to say this is how the rich will handle climate change going forward, hence why many of them really don't care.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7489 on: February 19, 2021, 01:54:45 PM »
The Texas circular firing squad over the clusterf*$% that is the state's response to the weather event has been pretty amazing. It is a small thing, but I'm glad that Ted got called out for throwing his kids under the bus. Given that she had already been thrown under the bus by Ted in 2016, I wonder if Heidi was the one who leaked the text messages about the trip planning to the NYT?

I kind of wish there was some sort of mashup of Cancun Ted and Mittens Bernie.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7490 on: February 19, 2021, 02:33:46 PM »
Ask and you shall receive!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:50:08 PM by Poundwise »

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7491 on: February 19, 2021, 02:37:53 PM »
The Texas circular firing squad over the clusterf*$% that is the state's response to the weather event has been pretty amazing. It is a small thing, but I'm glad that Ted got called out for throwing his kids under the bus. Given that she had already been thrown under the bus by Ted in 2016, I wonder if Heidi was the one who leaked the text messages about the trip planning to the NYT?

Thanks! I knew it had to be out there somewhere.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7492 on: February 19, 2021, 02:43:56 PM »

Thanks! I knew it had to be out there somewhere.
It's a lot funnier when you don't expect it. I was rolling around when I saw it!

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7493 on: February 19, 2021, 03:13:32 PM »
Or:

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7494 on: February 20, 2021, 01:09:52 AM »

I feel you.  Unfortunately, I think the people that are (most) freezing/without water/power are not the same ones that will decide if there are any consequences for him before his next election, and maybe not then either. 

I think there are 3 groups.  Those that aren't suffering as much as others through this and are sticking with their partisan lines (mostly Republicans, because it's TX), those who are suffering and would hold him (and others) accountable but don't hold the political power to do so and those who are suffering but don't care about holding him (and others) accountable, probably for a combination of reasons (because of course, socialism is way worse, lack of trust in democracy - that you get rid of this asshole and just get another asshole and nothing ever changes, etc.). 

If someone could harness the power of the liberal portion of group 1 with group 2 and engage group 3 enough over time, maybe something would change.  And there are groups working on it.  It's probably still years away, like Stacey Abrams' work was a decade in the making.  The Texas Organizing Project, two of the leaders of whom have been compared to Stacey Abrams, is doing good work.  See: https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/texas-georgia-elections-democrats/.  It's a long battle though.

On my local Nextdoor group, people are already rushing to Ted's defense that he was being a good father and doing what we all here in Texas would do for our precious family.  Ugh!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7495 on: February 20, 2021, 07:58:29 AM »

On my local Nextdoor group, people are already rushing to Ted's defense that he was being a good father and doing what we all here in Texas would do for our precious family.  Ugh!

Ugh. The willful gullibility of some people... 😑

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

« Reply #7496 on: February 20, 2021, 06:33:48 PM »
It's a bad look (like Chris Christie's beach day) but what was Cruz supposed to do? Hump a gas valve into an unfrozen state?

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7497 on: February 20, 2021, 07:27:22 PM »
It's a bad look (like Chris Christie's beach day) but what was Cruz supposed to do? Hump a gas valve into an unfrozen state?

I dunno, maybe help organize relief efforts like a real leader would do?

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7498 on: February 20, 2021, 07:28:13 PM »

Or suck it up and freeze along with the rest of his constituents who can't afford to fly to Cancun on a whim.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7499 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:59 PM »

Like the Democrats do.  AOC has raised over $3MM for relief so far, I believe, and she's working with various of her (Dem) colleagues from local communities at food bank shifts in Houston.

But, you know, Democrats are elitist and don't know anything about the working class, so....