Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779016 times)

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #7400 on: February 07, 2021, 06:10:07 PM »

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7401 on: February 08, 2021, 04:33:45 AM »

ROFL

I wonder how many of those QAnons would actually try this.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7402 on: February 13, 2021, 06:08:16 AM »
One of the more appalling things I've read about the insurrection and attempted violent coup by Trump supporters on January 6.

“I Don’t Trust the People Above Me”: Riot Squad Cops Open Up About Disastrous Response to Capitol Insurrection (Propublica)

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7403 on: February 13, 2021, 07:17:05 AM »
One of the more appalling things I've read about the insurrection and attempted violent coup by Trump supporters on January 6.

“I Don’t Trust the People Above Me”: Riot Squad Cops Open Up About Disastrous Response to Capitol Insurrection (Propublica)

Thanks for posting.  For myself, I realized that the video coverage I'd seen on the news did not have much audio, if any.  Also camera angles were limited and didn't show the full scope.  But finally seeing more extensive video with audio and hearing what was being shouted it all becomes even uglier and more frightening. 

Now I'm really wondering what the punishment is going to be for those rioters who have been arrested - that part definitely needs to be kept in the news cycle.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7404 on: February 13, 2021, 08:17:02 AM »
looks like dems are calling for witnesses, finally

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7405 on: February 13, 2021, 08:25:02 AM »

Thanks for posting.  For myself, I realized that the video coverage I'd seen on the news did not have much audio, if any.  Also camera angles were limited and didn't show the full scope.  But finally seeing more extensive video with audio and hearing what was being shouted it all becomes even uglier and more frightening. 

Now I'm really wondering what the punishment is going to be for those rioters who have been arrested - that part definitely needs to be kept in the news cycle.

Well, at least one of them will be allowed to travel to Mexico.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7406 on: February 13, 2021, 09:05:20 AM »

I'm a little at a loss after reading the article.  It raises so many questions in my mind.

- It seems like most at the top who could be held accountable have now resigned.  Does this protect them from any responsibility for their actions?
- Why didn't officers open fire when their own lives were at risk?
- How does this story square away with pictures of officers taking selfies with rioters?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7407 on: February 13, 2021, 11:12:33 AM »

I'm a little at a loss after reading the article.  It raises so many questions in my mind.

- It seems like most at the top who could be held accountable have now resigned.  Does this protect them from any responsibility for their actions?
- How does this story square away with pictures of officers taking selfies with rioters?

It was allowed to happen on some levels.

“The entire intelligence community seems to have missed this.”

Seriously? It was all over the Trump cultist boards in the weeks prior. They were discussing taking over the pedestrian tunnels with guns.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7408 on: February 13, 2021, 12:48:05 PM »

and just like that they caved and showed they are weak. I am so mad at this yet not shocked

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7409 on: February 13, 2021, 12:49:46 PM »

and just like that they caved and showed they are weak. I am so mad at this yet not shocked

The NYT push notification I got said the House Impeachment Mgrs and Trump's lawyers "struck a deal" not to have witnesses.  Usually deals involve both sides getting something, but yeah, looks like the deal actually was "how about we give you your way and we get nothing in return?"  Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as usual.

shuffler

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7410 on: February 13, 2021, 01:38:25 PM »
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory as usual.
Unfortunately, I don't think "jaws of victory" was an apt description at any point.  Not with the Repubs in the Senate.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7411 on: February 13, 2021, 01:38:32 PM »
As Graham said, if the Democrats call witnesses, the Republicans would too.  He said it before, and tweeted today “If you want a delay, it will be a long one with many, many witnesses”.

They will allow a statement from Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler into the record.  Nothing will change their minds, so why drag it on and delay progress on other work.

It's sickening, really.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7412 on: February 13, 2021, 01:48:09 PM »
Someone on the Democrat side presenting evidence said that the world is watching.  The world is watching.  I guess the Senate Republicans don't care that the world is seeing a democracy in failure.  Last I looked the US was 27th (? from memory).  I'm sure this is giving warm fuzzy feelings to autocratic governments world wide.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7413 on: February 13, 2021, 02:02:45 PM »
Unfortunately, I don't think "jaws of victory" was an apt description at any point.  Not with the Repubs in the Senate.

Conviction may not have ever been in the cards, but calling witnesses would have for sure been a victory. And with the assurance that any witness needed a majority vote to proceed, the Dems could have easily avoided the threat of "100 witnesses" by Trump's lawyers.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7414 on: February 13, 2021, 02:28:53 PM »
democracy was on life support, someone just pulled the plug... there's still time to plug it back in, but I'm not hopeful.  this country is fucked

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7415 on: February 13, 2021, 06:02:16 PM »
Will Georgia and New York now go after Trump for election tampering and tax evasion?    Or is he now in the clear and free to continue on his mission of whatever it is he's doing?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7416 on: February 13, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »
Will Georgia and New York now go after Trump for election tampering and tax evasion?    Or is he now in the clear and free to continue on his mission of whatever it is he's doing?

Who knows? He seems to be impervious to legal consequences.

gentmach

• Bristles
« Reply #7417 on: February 13, 2021, 06:14:55 PM »

Seriously? It was all over the Trump cultist boards in the weeks prior. They were discussing taking over the pedestrian tunnels with guns.

We live in a post-9/11, post-Boston Bombing, post-Las Vegas shooting America. We still take off our shoes at airport because someone tried to blow a plane in France back in 2001 using his shoes. This nations approach can be summed up as "better safe than sorry."

To that goal, we have spent millions on preparation drills, command centers, equipment and training for such an occasion. Washington DC is a "no fly zone" that has F-16 fighter jets enforcing it. (https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2006/january/pilot/flight-of-mistakes)

Yet on the most contentious day in modern American Politics, the cops were "understaffed", the FBI just kind of shrugged (https://www.npr.org/2021/01/13/956359496/why-didnt-the-fbi-and-dhs-produce-a-threat-report-ahead-of-the-capitol-insurrect) and the National Guard refused to deploy, (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sund-riot-national-guard/2021/01/10/fc2ce7d4-5384-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html) thus leaving the capital vulnerable to being overrun by hill folk.

Yes. I would agree that it was allowed to happen.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7418 on: February 13, 2021, 08:06:30 PM »

We live in a post-9/11, post-Boston Bombing, post-Las Vegas shooting America. We still take off our shoes at airport because someone tried to blow a plane in France back in 2001 using his shoes. This nations approach can be summed up as "better safe than sorry."

To that goal, we have spent millions on preparation drills, command centers, equipment and training for such an occasion. Washington DC is a "no fly zone" that has F-16 fighter jets enforcing it. (https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2006/january/pilot/flight-of-mistakes)

Yet on the most contentious day in modern American Politics, the cops were "understaffed", the FBI just kind of shrugged (https://www.npr.org/2021/01/13/956359496/why-didnt-the-fbi-and-dhs-produce-a-threat-report-ahead-of-the-capitol-insurrect) and the National Guard refused to deploy, (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sund-riot-national-guard/2021/01/10/fc2ce7d4-5384-11eb-a817-e5e7f8a406d6_story.html) thus leaving the capital vulnerable to being overrun by hill folk.

Yes. I would agree that it was allowed to happen.

The most important thing is that nobody who orchestrated it is going to be held accountable. . . that way no lessons can be learned and it can happen again.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7419 on: February 13, 2021, 08:34:32 PM »

Conviction may not have ever been in the cards, but calling witnesses would have for sure been a victory. And with the assurance that any witness needed a majority vote to proceed, the Dems could have easily avoided the threat of "100 witnesses" by Trump's lawyers.

The Republicans who want to see the world burn threatened to drag this out for weeks which would mean Biden wouldn't get much accomplished until next year. They could also shout from the rooftops anytime the Democrats voted down a witness. "See, they're railroading us!"

And from my favorite Senator in whole side world Mitch McConnell:

"Vote your conscience."

"Trump was morally responsible for the riot."

Votes not to convict.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 08:37:08 PM by Travis »

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7420 on: February 14, 2021, 05:33:59 AM »

The Republicans who want to see the world burn threatened to drag this out for weeks which would mean Biden wouldn't get much accomplished until next year. They could also shout from the rooftops anytime the Democrats voted down a witness. "See, they're railroading us!"

"Vote your conscience."

Votes not to convict.

Mitch McConnell is an amoral, power-greedy opportunist. He will never do the right thing unless he perceives that it will have significant benefit to him.

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7421 on: February 14, 2021, 06:17:25 AM »

"Vote your conscience."

Votes not to convict.

Mitch McConnell is an amoral, power-greedy opportunist. He will never do the right thing unless he perceives that it will have significant benefit to him.

which begs the question imagine being as old as that guy and not needing the money, yet still doing the job. It truly is stunning how evil some people can be

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7422 on: February 14, 2021, 01:54:57 PM »

I never expected the Senate to convict Trump.

Do we know how many Republican senators applied strict construction to support their vote against conviction?

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7423 on: February 14, 2021, 02:54:34 PM »
What should happen now is barring Trump from any future office through the 14th amendment.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7424 on: February 14, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »

I never expected the Senate to convict Trump.

Do we know how many Republican senators applied strict construction to support their vote against conviction?

Probably a similar number to "I have the right to oppose the elector certification" even though there isn't a single phrase of such in the Constitution either.

six-car-habit

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7425 on: February 15, 2021, 02:07:58 AM »

I've been wondering why he doesn't just buy 1000 acres somewhere, put a great personal house for himself in the middle, and then build nice 3/2 single family homes all around it for his true followers to buy and move into- he could get it its own zip code - and anytime he left for a few days there could be sorrow and wailing processioners in the streets.
   But when he returned from fighting the steal, vanquishing democrats, golfing with bolsonaro, giving depositions in court cases, etc.  there could be ticker tape parades to celebrate the aura of peace and goodwill, + law and order that surely surrounds him, and will shine upon the inhabitants....

My guess is that he runs for Govenor of Florida,  once Desantis' term is over.  I'm pretty sure he's not moving to the west coast states, and for that am gratefull.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7426 on: February 15, 2021, 04:44:36 AM »

which begs the question imagine being as old as that guy and not needing the money, yet still doing the job. It truly is stunning how evil some people can be

Power not only currupts, it's also a powerful drug.
Why do you imagine do all the dictators cling to their very often deadly position instead of taking a long distance flight once their swiss bank account has topped 10 million?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7427 on: February 15, 2021, 08:07:16 AM »

Why do you imagine do all the dictators cling to their very often deadly position instead of taking a long distance flight once their swiss bank account has topped 10 million?

When you have enough money to enable an opulent life--I have in mind an income roughly fifteen times the median income--then you start to wonder what luxuries you can buy with that money, and power looks pretty damn intoxicating.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7428 on: February 15, 2021, 12:08:45 PM »

When you have enough money to enable an opulent life--I have in mind an income roughly fifteen times the median income--then you start to wonder what luxuries you can buy with that money, and power looks pretty damn intoxicating.

In the arena of politics access to  enormous sums of money and the legitimate power to allocate them  (steer them) invites rife corruption that is infrequently  indictable.

As a body of insiders Congress enjoys this lucrative, dual advantage which is irresistible to avaricious careerists.

Consider all the members of Congress who retired as multimillionaires though they didn't have much money when first elected.

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible."  Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7429 on: February 15, 2021, 01:16:57 PM »

In the arena of politics access to  enormous sums of money and the legitimate power to allocate them  (steer them) invites rife corruption that is infrequently  indictable.

As a body of insiders Congress enjoys this lucrative, dual advantage which is irresistible to avaricious careerists.

Consider all the members of Congress who retired as multimillionaires though they didn't have much money when first elected.

"All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible."  Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune

I think you need a bit more than just "multi-millionaire".

Any member of congress that has been on the job for >20-30 years should be a multi-millionaire. They are paid 175k a year. Even a conservative investment of 10-15% of income invested over 30 years will make any member of congress a "multi-millionaire".

The issue has been with people who are already worth >50MM buying their way into congress to cement their status as part of the upper class.

Regular members of congress working for 20-30 years in service to the country making it to a comfortable retirement is not a concern I have of any politician.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7430 on: February 15, 2021, 01:49:47 PM »
So apparently QAnon is now expecting Biden to be arrested and Trump sworn into office on March 4 as that is the "historic" date of inauguration. 

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #7431 on: February 15, 2021, 02:17:37 PM »
So apparently QAnon is now expecting Biden to be arrested and Trump sworn into office on March 4 as that is the "historic" date of inauguration.

The Alt-Right spent years predicting that Hillary would be arrested "any day now" for crimes that were self-evident to true believers that they were rarely explained ("because she's crooked!!".  Now Biden is the one "about to be arrested" for no apparent reason, besides a similar dubious belief that he's "the deep state!"

It's exhausting trying to follow their logic-train.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7432 on: February 15, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

That's my understanding of the situation.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7433 on: February 15, 2021, 03:00:25 PM »

Do you think the Capitol police are aware of this, or should we send them a heads up??

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7434 on: February 15, 2021, 03:15:10 PM »

Do you think the Capitol police are aware of this, or should we send them a heads up??
To do what, exactly?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7435 on: February 15, 2021, 05:12:47 PM »

To do what, exactly?

To be on the lookout for traitors who, when it doesn't happen, will attempt to storm the capital.

Their intelligence department apparently doesn't monitor the alt-right.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7436 on: February 15, 2021, 06:15:18 PM »

To do what, exactly?

To be on the lookout for traitors who, when it doesn't happen, will attempt to storm the capital.

They’re white, nominally “Christian,” and vote Republican. Of course they only have the nation’s best interests at heart. They could never possibly be criminals. /sarcasm

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7437 on: February 15, 2021, 06:17:36 PM »

To do what, exactly?

They’re white, nominally “Christian,” and vote Republican. Of course they only have the nation’s best interests at heart. They could never possibly be criminals. /sarcasm

Yeah, agree it's not so much them *knowing* so much as taking it seriously.

OTOH, I was really worried about the inauguration and that worked out, so maybe they learned their lesson at least a little bit?

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #7438 on: February 15, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
I figured this is why they are keeping at least some of the national guard troops on well into March.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7439 on: February 15, 2021, 08:25:33 PM »
The 10 to 15 times median income is shooting wayyy too low. I’m middle aged or so and have about 35 times the median income (actually DW have... so count me at 17.5 times), and I feel like there’s lots of upside on the money front before seeking absolute power. Then again, when DW and I discuss what we would do with all that money, we talk about how we would pursue more power to straighten up all that is wrong with the world.  So maybe you have a persuasive argument.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7440 on: February 16, 2021, 05:21:56 AM »
Just for reality's sake: It is scientifically proven (psycological experiments) that power does do corrupt.
Both things are true ;)

Yesterday I watched a comedian video, and laughed my ass off here:

https://youtu.be/zUi1YjYc7hg?t=839

Then again, when DW and I discuss what we would do with all that money, we talk about how we would pursue more power to straighten up all that is wrong with the world.
Yeah, that is power too. The raod to hell...

Just look at Billy the money Gate.
He just wanted to help people, but since he is a billionaire, he has so much power (including with his help projects) that he can go against governments, and millions of people seem to think he only wants to enslave him by hiding a invisible chip in a vaccine.
(btw. I wonder why I haven't seen so far that this is the reason why car manufacturers and CPU makers like AMD can't get enough chips. I guess this sounds too logical - it has a connection to reality.)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7441 on: February 16, 2021, 05:59:17 AM »
What do you have against the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, @LennStar?

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7442 on: February 16, 2021, 06:15:07 AM »
The 10 to 15 times median income is shooting wayyy too low. I’m middle aged or so and have about 35 times the median income (actually DW have... so count me at 17.5 times), and I feel like there’s lots of upside on the money front before seeking absolute power. Then again, when DW and I discuss what we would do with all that money, we talk about how we would pursue more power to straighten up all that is wrong with the world.  So maybe you have a persuasive argument.

Before we go too far in the wrong direction, when I was describing an opulent lifestyle, I had in mind a lifestyle with income at fifteen times the median, i.e. about $825,000 annually. The congressional salary is only twenty percent of this, but many in Congress have income from other sources. By rule of 4%, only perhaps two dozen would be able to generate this passively.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7443 on: February 16, 2021, 08:45:46 AM »
He just wanted to help people, but since he is a billionaire, he has so much power (including with his help projects) that he can go against governments, and millions of people seem to think he only wants to enslave him by hiding a invisible chip in a vaccine.
(btw. I wonder why I haven't seen so far that this is the reason why car manufacturers and CPU makers like AMD can't get enough chips. I guess this sounds too logical - it has a connection to reality.)

And you actually believe that idiotic conspiracy-theory bullshit? I thought that was the exclusive domain of QAnon types. Let me put your mind at ease: vaccines do not contain tiny microchips that track you or mind control you or whatever, and 5G towers do not cause COVID. That's not how any of this works.

Bill Gates was not exactly a nice guy when he was in the business of raising Microsoft to the dominant position it's in now, but I have no problem with anything the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has done. He seems to be legitimately trying to help make the world a better place. Or you know, buy his place in history as a philanthropist, same as the Rockefeller and Carnegie and similar did. The practical effect either way is the same.

Oops, you guys are right, I hear it now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 04:53:15 PM by sherr »

jehovasfitness23

• Bristles
« Reply #7444 on: February 16, 2021, 10:13:46 AM »

Crazy right? these people are lost souls

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7445 on: February 16, 2021, 10:52:18 AM »

Crazy right? these people are lost souls
Humans believe all kinds of crazy shit. Just think of how many people send money to televangelists. I'm not sure believing Trump is any crazier than believing Joel Osteen. Both see the true believers as marks.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7446 on: February 16, 2021, 12:21:48 PM »

And you actually believe that idiotic conspiracy-theory bullshit? I thought that was the exclusive domain of QAnon types. Let me put your mind at ease: vaccines do not contain tiny microchips that track you or mind control you or whatever, and 5G towers do not cause COVID. That's not how any of this works.

I'm guessing Lennstar was being ironic.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7447 on: February 16, 2021, 02:01:59 PM »

I'm guessing Lennstar was being ironic.
yes I was going to say this. Or sarcastic.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7448 on: February 16, 2021, 04:55:24 PM »
The convoluted logic of this just leaves one's head spinning:

Trump, a one-term president, called McConnell (the longest-serving senate party leader in person) an "unsmiling political hack and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again" in a statement released today.   Further, he said McConnell has "no credibility on China" because his wife - who was Trump's own cabinet secretary for Transportation and immigrated from Taiwain - has family financial holdings in China. For his part, as recently as 2016 Trump outlined plans to open Trump-branded hotels in as many as 30 Chinese cities.

markbike528CBX

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7449 on: February 16, 2021, 06:11:36 PM »
The convoluted logic of this just leaves one's head spinning:

Trump, a one-term president, called McConnell (the longest-serving senate party leader in person) an "unsmiling political hack and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again" in a statement released today.   Further, he said McConnell has "no credibility on China" because his wife - who was Trump's own cabinet secretary for Transportation and immigrated from Taiwain - has family financial holdings in China. For his part, as recently as 2016 Trump outlined plans to open Trump-branded hotels in as many as 30 Chinese cities.

McConnell can't say I didn't warn him:  email to his account at senate.gov on February 1, 2021

Senator Mitch McConnell                                  Markbike528
317 Russell Senate Office Building                  actual address redacted for this post.
Washington DC 20510                        

Senator McConnell: 

If you care about the United States Constitution, then you will take the opportunity to remove the cancer of Trump-ism from the body politic, by affirming measures to censure and remove Donald Trump from any public office or position of influence.  This action is on the grounds of insurrection against the United States of America.

Failure to censure Trump will result in _you_ being remembered in the same vein as Paul Hindenburg in 1933, as tired old men who gave up after being badgered by a demagogue.
Donald Trump uses intimidation, humiliation and lies to gain and keep power.

Lies as modus operandi for Trump

Trump: "Ted Cruz is a total hypocrite and, until recently, a Canadian citizen who may not even have a legal right to run for president."1

Self projection as modus operandi for Trump

Trump: "He'll [Senator Cruz] say whatever he wants to say. I actually think he's a very unstable person. I really believe that. I think he's a very unstable person. But I've never had somebody take something that you believe in and just say the exact opposite."1

Donald Trump has infected the Republican Party with Stockholm Syndrome. As noted previously, vile attacks on others result in the victim being devoted to the person of Donald Trump.

Those quotes from Trump are about someone who actually did his bidding on that awful January 6th2. Does anyone truly believe that Trump’s opinion of these useful tools have changed? Does anyone believe their loyalty would be reciprocated by Donald Trump?  --- added bold for this post.

Donald Trump wields a stick of bluster and intimidation, but no carrot for the Republican Party.

The mid-term elections under Trump in 2018 resulted in 41 extra Democrats being seated in the House.  The gubernatorial elections resulted in a 7 extra Democrats gaining seats.  The Senate was the only Republican gain of 2 seats. 

The 2020 elections resulted in a gain for Republicans  of 13 seats, which did not make up for the losses of 2018.  The Senate lost 3 Republican seats, losing the majority control.

If all you care about is the Republican Party, or if you care at all for the Republican Party, then you will take the opportunity to remove the cancer of Trump-ism from the Republican Party, by affirming measures to censure and remove Donald Trump from any public office or position of influence.

Sincerely Yours in hope for the United States and its Constitution,

markbike528..... redacted actual name.
Registered Voter in "The Everbrown section of the Evergreen State" --- city redacted for post.

Sources:

1)  https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-cruz-feud-history-worst-attacks-2016-9
2) Congressional Record --- Senate January 6, 2021 pages S31, S32 and S38.

Added thoughts not in the letter:
To be a Republican, one must stand separate from the cult of Trump. 
Despite what Trump and Democrats may say, there is no equivalence between a Trump cultist and a member of the  Republican Party.
Trump did not have "70+ million votes", he had votes of the Republican Party, a minority of whom are Trump cultists.

Tl;Dr   If I was a trump supporter, I'd be on the lookout for rogue buses, because tRUMP has not and will not hesitate to throw anyone under the bus.