Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779204 times)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #7200 on: January 20, 2021, 06:55:34 AM »
Elliot Broidy is an interesting name on the pardons list - former Republican Party Finance chair and client of Michael Cohen who helped him pay off a woman he allegedly had an affair with, also someone who may have been helping the FBI with their enquiries into Trump.

There are quite a few names who look as though they are corrupt businessmen cronies of the Republican Party, but others who look like traditional and righteous cases for pardon.

Revoked his ethics EO last night which means his administration can go back to a two year waiting period to be lobbyists instead of the five years the EO stipulated. He was highly critical of Clinton when he revoked his own ethics order and pointed out how much more righteous his was compared to Obama's.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #7201 on: January 20, 2021, 06:59:28 AM »
Soon we can replace our "doom-scrolling" with "glee-freshing".

I've said it before, but my biggest hope is that the incoming and future administrations are predictable, stable and boring. I don't want to read about the President's latest tweet-storm nor do I really want the WH press secretary or chief of staff to be newsworthy themselves.  When the President goes abroad I don't want to worry his/her conduct will spark an international outrage, and I want his trips summarized in the news in 2-3 sentences, max. 

Above all I want the executive branch to be run by career workers who are competent, dedicated to its mission and are given the leeway to run their department as they see fit. I don't want a micro-managing chief executive that fires via tweet and installs "acting heads" who have neither the experience nor good will of the employees they oversee. 

To that end I think Biden is doing everything right with setting up his administration.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7202 on: January 20, 2021, 07:06:55 AM »
Trump has left the White House on Marine One - perhaps for the last time ever.

This has been a very long four years.
Amen. And much as I love and admire our very own @arebelspy, I am so relieved his very early prediction of a second term did not come to pass. I have been background stressing about that since the first election. I am positive I could not have stood the shitshow that constantly surrounded the last administration for a second term. I hope I can stop holding my breath now. Everything cross-able is crossed for an uneventful transition today,
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 04:10:01 AM by Dicey »

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7203 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:47 AM »
Does anybody know where Barron is? Is it an outrage not to bring your youngest child with you?

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #7204 on: January 20, 2021, 07:43:44 AM »
Does anybody know where Barron is? Is it an outrage not to bring your youngest child with you?

If I had spent years whipping up an angry mob and then let them down, I would probably send my offspring ahead.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7205 on: January 20, 2021, 07:49:15 AM »

Barron was standing there next to all the other (adult) Trump children during his send-off speech.  The cameras showed a brief segment of him spinning around while a staffer attempted to pull him back in line.  No idea who he left with - probably his security detail and one of his siblings. He wasn't shown getting on Marine One (though to be fair it seems an unnecessary risk to put a child on board for what was probably a very short flight to Andrews AFB)

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7206 on: January 20, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »
Soon we can replace our "doom-scrolling" with "glee-freshing".

I've said it before, but my biggest hope is that the incoming and future administrations are predictable, stable and boring. I don't want to read about the President's latest tweet-storm nor do I really want the WH press secretary or chief of staff to be newsworthy themselves.  When the President goes abroad I don't want to worry his/her conduct will spark an international outrage, and I want his trips summarized in the news in 2-3 sentences, max. 

Above all I want the executive branch to be run by career workers who are competent, dedicated to its mission and are given the leeway to run their department as they see fit. I don't want a micro-managing chief executive that fires via tweet and installs "acting heads" who have neither the experience nor good will of the employees they oversee. 

To that end I think Biden is doing everything right with setting up his administration.

Hear, hear for boring.  Maria Butina's boyfriend Paul Erickson was also pardoned, I wonder if his and the Briody pardon are related to Trump's money & banking troubles.
I hope some state AG (or multiple) bring state charges against Bannon, the pardon was only for fed charges.   

rab-bit

• Bristles
« Reply #7207 on: January 20, 2021, 09:53:06 AM »
No offense to anyone here, but with Biden having just been sworn in, I'm looking forward to ignoring this thread from now on.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7208 on: January 20, 2021, 09:57:57 AM »
No offense to anyone here, but with Biden having just been sworn in, I'm looking forward to ignoring this thread from now on.

now on to the 'biden outrage of the day' thread

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7209 on: January 20, 2021, 10:07:28 AM »
If he puts on a tan suit I'm fully prepared to fly to DC and join the protests. 

centwise

• Stubble
« Reply #7210 on: January 20, 2021, 10:10:54 AM »

Hear, hear! I'm so looking forward to Trump's outrages sliding into the background and becoming irrelevant. I hope that's not just wishful thinking, given that he has received 100's of millions of dollars in donations supporting his bid for the Imperium.

JetBlast

• Bristles
« Reply #7211 on: January 20, 2021, 10:12:39 AM »

Don’t even get me started if Biden uses Dijon mustard! 

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7212 on: January 20, 2021, 10:17:35 AM »
Today is my birthday.  I can't think of anything I wanted more than a new president.  I have taken a half day and will be leaving work shortly, and will be celebrating heavily.  Cheers America.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7213 on: January 20, 2021, 10:25:51 AM »

God help us if he likes arugula.

jambongris

• Bristles
« Reply #7214 on: January 20, 2021, 10:31:22 AM »

Biden has a Peloton bike. That raises issues at the White House.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7215 on: January 20, 2021, 10:48:46 AM »

Hear, hear! I'm so looking forward to Trump's outrages sliding into the background and becoming irrelevant. I hope that's not just wishful thinking, given that he has received 100's of millions of dollars in donations supporting his bid for the Imperium.

Y'all have an optimism I don't possess. 
I'd bet money that we're not past Trump doing something outrageous, and probably on fairly frequent basis.  He's still got hold of the conservative and right-wing media, he's got millions of rabid followers and - oh right! - an impeachment trial in the coming days.

Plus, now that he's "Private Citizen Trump" we'll be getting a steady drip-drip-drip of revelations from at least four major lawsuits which can now proceed.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #7216 on: January 20, 2021, 10:51:16 AM »

Well, Obama had his Blackbarry: https://www.electrospaces.net/2013/04/how-obamas-blackberry-got-secured.html

Wonder what Trump had that the whitehouse didn't like? Oh yeah, Twitter...

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7217 on: January 20, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »

I have confidence the NSA can find a solution.  Making the WH Gym a "non-secure" area where there is no classified material sounds like an obvious strategy (i.e. "sandboxing").

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7218 on: January 20, 2021, 11:12:06 AM »

I have confidence the NSA can find a solution.  Making the WH Gym a "non-secure" area where there is no classified material sounds like an obvious strategy (i.e. "sandboxing").

Michelle Obama had a custom made Peloton in the residence with the same concerns in mind.  A pair of wire cutters can fix that security issue.  I'll be happy if he sticks to the bike. I'm tired about hearing about golfing presidents. There are other sports out there and ways to exercise.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #7219 on: January 20, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »
Today is my birthday.  I can't think of anything I wanted more than a new president.  I have taken a half day and will be leaving work shortly, and will be celebrating heavily.  Cheers America.

Happy birthday! 

I'm exhausted in that good, "I just ran my first marathon" way.  Except that all I've done today is cry and drink cheap prosecco from Trader Joe's.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7220 on: January 20, 2021, 11:16:09 AM »

Y'all have an optimism I don't possess. 
I'd bet money that we're not past Trump doing something outrageous, and probably on fairly frequent basis.  He's still got hold of the conservative and right-wing media, he's got millions of rabid followers and - oh right! - an impeachment trial in the coming days.

Plus, now that he's "Private Citizen Trump" we'll be getting a steady drip-drip-drip of revelations from at least four major lawsuits which can now proceed.

I'm not an optimist, but I'd like to see this thread turn into the "Trump justice of the day."  The NY AG office is going to be on his and his friends' asses for the rest of the year not to mention GA and a number of private lawsuits.

DW's birthday today as well.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7221 on: January 20, 2021, 11:21:17 AM »

Happy birthday! Can't think of a better way to celebrate. If I didn't have an early work meeting tomorrow (I'm the only American on the team), I'd also be celebrating heavily.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7222 on: January 20, 2021, 11:23:51 AM »
OP Here.

I plan to ignore this forum, and I invite you to join me.

Part of how we cleanse ourselves of our former-President is to be very disciplined in not clicking on links with his name. That is how media--who print the name because it used to attract eye-balls--will get the signal to move on.

And a "Trump Justice and lawsuit" thread would be totally welcome, although I do not plan to start one.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7223 on: January 20, 2021, 11:26:13 AM »

holy crap!  Your birthday wish made this happen!
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7224 on: January 20, 2021, 11:30:38 AM »
I am very happy to say this is my last on this thread.  I look forward to a Trump on Trial thread or whatever y'all call it.  Thanks for all the great information and reading!

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7225 on: January 20, 2021, 11:41:42 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread. It was something that at least for me, helped have as an outlet, and sanity check.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7226 on: January 20, 2021, 11:45:41 AM »
Thank you for starting this thread. It was something that at least for me, helped have as an outlet, and sanity check.

+1

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #7227 on: January 20, 2021, 11:54:35 AM »
+1 for the reasons Megaschnauzer said.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7228 on: January 20, 2021, 11:59:33 AM »
This is officially the last time I will visit this thread.  It's been a ride.  I am purposefully avoiding it because Trump should have nothing to do with my daily life or concerns ever again.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7229 on: January 20, 2021, 12:49:37 PM »
This thread has been a welcome zone of sanity about the insanity of tRump. I especially appreciated how even when y’all disagreed on some things, you generally weren’t disagreeable. Looking forward to discovering the new Trump Justice of the Day thread.  ¡Adios!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7230 on: January 20, 2021, 01:17:56 PM »

+1

+2. I have to remain publicly nonpartisan, and that's been really f-ing hard to do lately. So thank you for this outlet.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7231 on: January 20, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
I have a beautiful dinner planned and a bottle of champagne chilling to celebrate!

This was one of the best days ever! Not seeing Trump's ugly mug at the inauguration was definitely a plus! Thanks Donnie for NOT showing up! The event was first class and most of all, Presidential! Thank you Joe Biden and Kamala Harris! Hopefully, we are on the road to recovery in more ways than one!

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7232 on: January 20, 2021, 02:03:55 PM »
Like many others, the pressures of pandemic-motivated quarantine mean almost all of my time is spent around my in-laws, who are lifelong conservatives and failed to see the deficiencies in our forty-fifth President until the horrific sacking of the Capitol on Jan. 6.

I haven't wanted to vent about the President around them because--frankly--I needed their labor far too much to want to do anything other than accept the help politely. You guys have performed a great service for me.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #7233 on: January 20, 2021, 04:36:44 PM »
Can we call the top on the Trump outrage of the day thread :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7234 on: January 20, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »
I have a beautiful dinner planned and a bottle of champagne chilling to celebrate!

This was one of the best days ever! Not seeing Trump's ugly mug at the inauguration was definitely a plus! Thanks Donnie for NOT showing up! The event was first class and most of all, Presidential! Thank you Joe Biden and Kamala Harris! Hopefully, we are on the road to recovery in more ways than one!

I was just remarking to my spouse a few moments ago: "I wish we weren't doing 'Dry January', because after the events of the day, I really feel like going out and buying a bottle of champagne."

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7235 on: January 20, 2021, 05:57:45 PM »

Nope. Because there will be more fireworks coming from Mar-a-Lago. Or orange floating turds of ridiculousness.

Just wait when SDNY goes for his jugular...

My tinfoil hat says he'll be 6 feet under in the next 2 years. Death by Big Mac, accelerated by COVID-19.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7236 on: January 20, 2021, 06:35:12 PM »

Yes please. I look forward to not having to hear about him every day.

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7237 on: January 20, 2021, 08:14:24 PM »

I was just remarking to my spouse a few moments ago: "I wish we weren't doing 'Dry January', because after the events of the day, I really feel like going out and buying a bottle of champagne."
There's always next January. :-)

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7238 on: January 20, 2021, 08:40:25 PM »
#unsubscribe

Sandi_k

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7239 on: January 20, 2021, 08:51:25 PM »

I have to say, after January 6th, we decided that a dry January was now in abeyance. A dry February is much more reasonable, given the Weds. in January we've had in 2021. ;)

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7240 on: January 21, 2021, 06:04:13 AM »

I have to say, after January 6th, we decided that a dry January was now in abeyance. A dry February is much more reasonable, given the Weds. in January we've had in 2021. ;)

Same here, exactly.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7241 on: January 21, 2021, 06:10:05 AM »

Top was always IN>

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7242 on: January 21, 2021, 06:13:47 AM »

Top was always IN>

Oh no. I’m not falling for this again...

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7243 on: January 21, 2021, 06:38:23 AM »
Personally, I’d love to have this thread stay active for a while (maybe with things that now outrage Trump) just to have a victory lap after all of the distress this thread has captured these last years...  Post each and every Executive Order that favors nature over profits, cheer on legislation aimed at shoring up and making Affordable Care sustainable, and post when nothing is happening and you just feel good that government is boring and the President did not tweet nuclear threats to Iran or North Korea.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7244 on: January 21, 2021, 06:51:52 AM »
@EscapeVelocity2020 , what you're describing sure sounds like the starting point for a "Biden Outrage of the Day" thread. I won't create one, but I'll happily click the "notify" button when someone else does.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7245 on: January 21, 2021, 07:39:59 AM »
@EscapeVelocity2020 , what you're describing sure sounds like the starting point for a "Biden Outrage of the Day" thread. I won't create one, but I'll happily click the "notify" button when someone else does.

Sadly, a title like 'Biden Outrage of the Day' would not garner anywhere near the attention that Trump outrage of the day can.  I  can still doom-scroll through this thread and feel outraged, that's just how effective Trump was at sucking up eyeballs whilst emptying pockets and killing people while making them feel safe.  Biden just doesn't have that special blend of narcissism and wielding of power.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7246 on: January 21, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »
There is still plenty of outage to be found in what Biden's team is finding as they settle in. With 400,000+ Americans dead, this one is pretty outrageous.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/report-biden-admin-discovers-trump-had-zero-plans-for-covid-vaccine-distribution

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7247 on: January 21, 2021, 10:15:56 AM »
I don't even understand.  Trump doesn't even have to sit down and do the plan himself, he merely has to give the go ahead for someone else to make a reasonable plan, and then sit back and take all the credit.

Even after his entire inner and extended circles got infect, he was hospitalized with it, he lost friends to it, it ravaged the economy with shut downs, it brought many hospital systems to their limits, 400k+ deaths and still raging, going on for a year, with multiple vaccines now available his plan was...just wait and see how this pans out?  It sounds like the plan was to intentionally let it rage on and kill people.  Maybe it's killing the right kind of people? Maybe he's just a sadistic fuck?  I can't even comprehend how it's possible without extreme malicious intent. 

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7248 on: January 21, 2021, 10:23:01 AM »
I don't even understand.  Trump doesn't even have to sit down and do the plan himself, he merely has to give the go ahead for someone else to make a reasonable plan, and then sit back and take all the credit.

Even after his entire inner and extended circles got infect, he was hospitalized with it, he lost friends to it, it ravaged the economy with shut downs, it brought many hospital systems to their limits, 400k+ deaths and still raging, going on for a year, with multiple vaccines now available his plan was...just wait and see how this pans out?  It sounds like the plan was to intentionally let it rage on and kill people.  Maybe it's killing the right kind of people? Maybe he's just a sadistic fuck?  I can't even comprehend how it's possible without extreme malicious intent.

What's even more mind-boggling is that the Trump administration inherited a rather detailed pandemic response plan which the Obama administration (and started under 'W') had spent years making after the SARS outbreaks in 2003-2004.  Literally all they had to do was implement the plan, but instead it seems they just tossed it in the proverbial trash bin and said "no one has any idea what to do in a situation like this!"
Thousands of person-hours wasted and tens-of-thousands of lives which could have been saved, because.... why exactly?

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7249 on: January 21, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »

He's definitely a sadistic fuck, just look at how hard his administration worked to kill prisoners on death row in the days before the end of his Presidency, knowing that Biden is against the death penalty.