Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779006 times)

Kris

• Walrus Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6700 on: January 08, 2021, 01:20:17 PM »
I feel like I'm derailing the discussion, though at this point it's not really moving in a straight line, but have any of you heard the newest nutcase conspiracy theory that they are hashtagging "Italy did it"? Apparently, the Trump cult has convinced itself that Obama colluded with the PM of Italy to interfere with the 2020 US elections. They  think the CIA, MI6, and Italian intelligence used an algorithm to switch votes from Trump to Biden. Oh, brother... 🤣

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6701 on: January 08, 2021, 01:23:29 PM »
I feel like I'm derailing the discussion, though at this point it's not really moving in a straight line, but have any of you heard the newest nutcase conspiracy theory that they are hashtagging "Italy did it"? Apparently, the Trump cult has convinced itself that Obama colluded with the PM of Italy to interfere with the 2020 US elections. They  think the CIA, MI6, and Italian intelligence used an algorithm to switch votes from Trump to Biden. Oh, brother... 🤣

WTF did Italy do to us since Mussolini?? I mean, sure, a lot of our original COVID cases came from there, but it was mostly returning American tourists and students... Wait, are they blaming Italy because I once sarcastically thanked Italy for sacrificing so many of its citizens to this anti Trump hoax we call COVID????

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6702 on: January 08, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »

Italygate!

I just want to know if it was Italy that bought the fraudulent ballots from North Korea that were delivered by boat. Pakistani intelligence is also somehow involved, too.

It's almost like a Dan Brown novel.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6703 on: January 08, 2021, 01:28:37 PM »
the mafia are italian. trump probably owes money to the mafia. the pieces are falling into place.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6704 on: January 08, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »
I'm unsure if that's more or less plausible than the one I read about Trump being a democrat plant the whole time.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6705 on: January 08, 2021, 01:29:18 PM »
They think the CIA, MI6, and Italian intelligence used an algorithm to switch votes from Trump to Biden. Oh, brother... 🤣

I haven't heard all the details, but this is just part of the larger bone I have with them about the Dominion stuff. So they claim that the tabulators are untrustworthy and that people used the adjudication process to flip votes, or the Dominon software was flipping a certain percentage of votes, or now Itally somehow. Okay... THEY'VE DONE HAND RECOUNTS AND AUDITS!!! Georgia has hand-recounted every single ballot in the state. Antrim County which is where that "report" on the Dominion machines came from did a hand-recount. I believe every state in question had done hand audits of some form.

If the tabulators were flipping votes, one way or another, or people were feeding stacks of ballots through machines multiple times or whatever, wouldn't the HAND RECOUNT find these problems? Of course they would, and of course the Trumpers still believe it anyway. You really cannot underestimate how stupid these people are.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6706 on: January 08, 2021, 01:33:41 PM »

WTF did Italy do to us since Mussolini?? I mean, sure, a lot of our original COVID cases came from there, but it was mostly returning American tourists and students... Wait, are they blaming Italy because I once sarcastically thanked Italy for sacrificing so many of its citizens to this anti Trump hoax we call COVID????

C'mon sheeple.

Italy has been playing the long game.  First they introduced pizza, spaghetti, cannelloni  . . . then they waited for Americans to overeat carbs.  Then they infected themselves with the covid virus - knowing that it would spread to unfit Americans and do more damage.  Something something 5 G something satan worshipping pedophiles something BENGHAZI!

It's all right there for anyone to see.  Wake up!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6707 on: January 08, 2021, 01:34:47 PM »

C'mon sheeple.

Italy has been playing the long game.  First they introduced pizza, spaghetti, cannelloni  . . . then they waited for Americans to overeat carbs.  Then they infected themselves with the covid virus - knowing that it would spread to unfit Americans and do more damage.  Something something 5 G something satan worshipping pedophiles something BENGHAZI!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPMS6tGOACo

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6708 on: January 08, 2021, 02:47:30 PM »

C'mon sheeple.

Pizzagate should have tipped us off.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6709 on: January 08, 2021, 02:48:34 PM »

C'mon sheeple.

Pizzagate should have tipped us off.

I bet it was all in those missing emails.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6710 on: January 08, 2021, 02:53:40 PM »
Impeachment proceedings have begun!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6711 on: January 08, 2021, 03:01:36 PM »

What's the point of impeaching Trump again?  If it passes the house, McConnell's just going to ignore the whole thing until Trump's out of office and it no longer matters.  If democrats impeach Trump after he has left office they're entering completely unknown territory . . . and really, for what?  They will be accused of wasting time rather than handling real issues.

MilesTeg

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6712 on: January 08, 2021, 03:04:17 PM »

What's the point of impeaching Trump again?  If it passes the house, McConnell's just going to ignore the whole thing until Trump's out of office and it no longer matters.  If democrats impeach Trump after he has left office they're entering completely unknown territory . . . and really, for what?  They will be accused of wasting time rather than handling real issues.

Being impeached twice makes it that much harder for him to retain any credibility or chance at another run.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6713 on: January 08, 2021, 03:06:30 PM »

Source, please?

Last I heard was Monday.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #6714 on: January 08, 2021, 03:07:35 PM »

Being impeached twice makes it that much harder for him to retain any credibility or chance at another run.
and if impeached in the Senate will actually be prohibited from holding any other public office. He would not be able to be voted in as a dog catcher. It is a powerful antidote to 2024. It is also the right thing to do in the face of a president actually participating in sedition.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6715 on: January 08, 2021, 03:13:06 PM »

Source, please?

Last I heard was Monday.

Yes, you’re right.  I got that info from CBC, which did not mention that it would not occur until Monday.  Apologies.

Wolfpack Mustachian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6716 on: January 08, 2021, 03:29:47 PM »
Maybe I'm a bit fired up.  I'm so sick of the bullshit and what they are allowed to get away with.  The law should have been enforced years ago to peacefully remove that monster before it escalated to this.  Consequences should be severe.

After a mild slap on the wrist he has his twitter back.

Quote from: Trump on Twitter
The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!

Sounds like he totally learned his lesson and is trying to heal the nation.

I get the frustration. I wish there was a logical way of dealing with it. I see it as more frustrating because I don't think there's an easy answer to fixing it - even jailing him. At this point, there are so many people who have bought the narrative hard core to the point violence must be the answer that I don't see a way for this to improve.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6717 on: January 08, 2021, 03:30:00 PM »

It sets a precedent.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6718 on: January 08, 2021, 03:31:19 PM »

It also prevents him from being pardoned for anything related to the impeachment while the impeachment proceedings are underway. It also forces the Republicans to go on record for how they really feel about this whole thing, which I'd say their constituents have a right to know one way or another. It's also, you know, the right thing to do.

Edit: I might have been wrong about the 48 hours to start the Senate trial? I removed that bit.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:42:10 PM by sherr »

Wolfpack Mustachian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6719 on: January 08, 2021, 03:36:18 PM »
Let's barricade Tucker in a room with a crowd screaming for his head outside the room and see how radical he thinks they might look...that women was very radical by all accounts. Even most of her family says she was a patriot, buy she was bizarrely obsessed with Trump and Qanon.

I mean, to me, her radicalization is not even worth a mention. She tried to break into the capital. You do that on the best of days much less as a part of a mob of people with weapons, you take your life into your own hands. I mean, where are the "if she just followed the police officer's instructions" people on this one...

That is what I meant by the first part of my statement. I probably should have left the second half out as irrelevant to the officer that shot her.

Most of her family is like "Tragedy...she was a bit obsessed" so far, only her husband has said "She was just trying to express her opinion." Wonder what he would do if someone broke into his house to express their opinion.

I AM NOT ACTUALLY ADVOCATING THAT WE BARRICADE TUCKER OR THAT SOMEONE ATTACK THE GRIEVING WIDOWER. Just in case that needs to be said.

I gotcha. I mean, I can't say what I would say if it was my family member -personal bias plays into us all. I don't see how anyone who is remotely impartial could call what happened unjust. I just can't fathom how you could expect any other result.

rab-bit

• Bristles
« Reply #6720 on: January 08, 2021, 03:39:05 PM »

and if impeached in the Senate will actually be prohibited from holding any other public office. He would not be able to be voted in as a dog catcher. It is a powerful antidote to 2024. It is also the right thing to do in the face of a president actually participating in sedition.

That would be the appeal for Republicans. If he can't run again, then they don't need to worry about him for a potential Republican or third-party run.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6721 on: January 08, 2021, 03:39:34 PM »
Why did the Arizonan riot leader wearing horns and fur have a big black dick tattooed on the side of his stomach?

I think it is supposed to be Mjølnir. And it kind of bothers me that the media talk about him as a "viking". Vikings didn't use horned helmets. They believed strongly in democracy and rule of law, (generally) were not racist or misogynistic, and Thor was the comic side kick, not the hero. Sure, they might have been... bothersome... for the rest of Europe, and there were the murders and wars, but they were generally more adept at those things too than this weird half naked man.

The Mjølnir tattoo might mean he likes to believe he is a strong viking, but I doubt he has reflected on the words of the one eyed one (Hávamál, ca 1000 years ago):
Let no man glory in the greatness of his mind,
but rather keep watch o'er his wits.
Cautious and silent let him enter a dwelling;
to the heedful comes seldom harm,
for none can find a more faithful friend
than the wealth of mother wit.

Let the wary stranger who seeks refreshment
keep silent with sharpened hearing;
with his ears let him listen, and look with his eyes;
thus each wise man spies out the way.

Happy is he who wins for himself
fair fame and kindly words;
but uneasy is that which a man doth own
while it lies in another's breast.

Happy is he who hath in himself
praise and wisdom in life;
for oft doth a man ill counsel get
when 'tis born in another's breast.

A better burden can no man bear
on the way than his mother wit;
'tis the refuge of the poor, and richer it seems
than wealth in a world untried.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #6722 on: January 08, 2021, 03:41:07 PM »
Looks like there is still a fair amount of far right anger looking for an outlet:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/graham-mobbed-maga-fans-not-stealing-election-for-trump

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6723 on: January 08, 2021, 03:45:54 PM »
Dominion is suing for $1.3 billion.  They have been slandered/libeled so much, good for them.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6724 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:15 PM »

It sets a precedent.
Yep. Bernie Sanders said this today on Twitter:

Some people ask: Why would you impeach and convict a president who has only a few days left in office? The answer: Precedent. It must be made clear that no president, now or in the future, can lead an insurrection against the U.S. government.

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6725 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:26 PM »

C'mon sheeple.

I think you should ban pizza, spagetti and cannelloni in the name of national security! After all it is totally unamerican so it would not be patriotic to eat it. :-)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:53:58 PM by Plina »

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6726 on: January 08, 2021, 03:52:25 PM »

C'mon sheeple.

I think you should bann pizza, spagetti and cannelloni in the name of national security! After all it is totally unamerican so it would not be patriotic to eat it. :-)

Silly. You don't need to ban them. You just rename them: Freedom Pie, Freedom Noodles in American Sauce, Freedom sugar tubes...

moneypitfeeder

• Stubble
« Reply #6727 on: January 08, 2021, 03:53:22 PM »
Question...if they do manage to impeach, does he lose his for-life, publicly-funded secret service protection, pension, and medical insurance? I just think if you incite violence to that degree, we shouldn't have to pay for that.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6728 on: January 08, 2021, 03:55:12 PM »
Question...if they do manage to impeach, does he lose his for-life, publicly-funded secret service protection, pension, and medical insurance? I just think if you incite violence to that degree, we shouldn't have to pay for that.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/01/if-trump-is-impeached-and-convicted-hell-lose-his-post-presidency-perks/

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6729 on: January 08, 2021, 03:55:37 PM »

I am actually willing to pay for that because I don't want the consequences if he isn't properly protected.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6730 on: January 08, 2021, 03:56:04 PM »
Looks like there is still a fair amount of far right anger looking for an outlet:
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/graham-mobbed-maga-fans-not-stealing-election-for-trump

I don't like Lindsey Graham at all, but I feel bad for any politician who has to deal with this sort of bullshit for (eventually) admitting that reality is a thing.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6731 on: January 08, 2021, 03:58:13 PM »
I am actually willing to pay for that because I don't want the consequences if he isn't properly protected.

Fair, but also Trump's a billionaire (theoretically). He's the richest man to ever be president. This ain't Jimmy Carter that we're talking about here.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6732 on: January 08, 2021, 04:08:09 PM »
Besides all the other answers for impeachment at this point I'd add:

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6733 on: January 08, 2021, 04:08:44 PM »
Besides all the other answers for impeachment at this point I'd add:

He has none.

moneypitfeeder

• Stubble
« Reply #6734 on: January 08, 2021, 04:11:13 PM »
Thank you @JLee that was the info I was looking for, I think with all he raised after the election was really "called" he has plenty to pay for those services. <okay that sounded really harsh, I just think a lot of Americans who really can't afford it (esp. during these times) gave him entirely too much $ when we all knew he lost>
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:13:02 PM by moneypitfeeder »

Bloop Bloop Reloaded

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6735 on: January 08, 2021, 04:12:20 PM »
Trump kinda needs the Osama bin Laden treatment at this stage.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6736 on: January 08, 2021, 04:14:31 PM »

I don't like Lindsey Graham at all, but I feel bad for any politician who has to deal with this sort of bullshit for (eventually) admitting that reality is a thing.

...yeah, I can't muster up sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. He's sown a lot of bullshit in support of Trump's delusions.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6737 on: January 08, 2021, 04:15:48 PM »

Fair, but also Trump's a billionaire (theoretically). He's the richest man to ever be president. This ain't Jimmy Carter that we're talking about here.

Yes. His family has grifted the US taxpayers enough. Supposedly they can pay for their own security, and hopefully they'll be forced to do so.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6738 on: January 08, 2021, 04:18:32 PM »

...yeah, I can't muster up sympathy for him. You reap what you sow. He's sown a lot of bullshit in support of Trump's delusions.

I hope the MAGA nutjobs are correct and this IS the rest of Graham's life. He has coddled Trump and coddled his supporters from the get-go.  He knows better, but he did it anyway.   Graham is a gutless, snivelling POS and deserves every bit of misery he has coming to him.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6739 on: January 08, 2021, 04:23:04 PM »

I hope the MAGA nutjobs are correct and this IS the rest of Graham's life. He has coddled Trump and coddled his supporters from the get-go.  He knows better, but he did it anyway.   Graham is a gutless, snivelling POS and deserves every bit of misery he has coming to him.

He is a gutless sniveling piece of shit . . . but he's not going anywhere politically.  Treating him like crap for (finally) doing the right thing is more likely to prevent him from admitting reality in the future than it is to prevent him from denying it in the first place.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6740 on: January 08, 2021, 04:28:06 PM »

He is a gutless sniveling piece of shit . . . but he's not going anywhere politically.  Treating him like crap for (finally) doing the right thing is more likely to prevent him from admitting reality in the future than it is to prevent him from denying it in the first place.

Really struggling with this one, as we all know that he's only doing the right thing because it's politically expedient for him. He threw in his lot with Donald Trump. WTF did he expect would happen?

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 04:56:46 PM by geekette »

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6742 on: January 08, 2021, 04:46:06 PM »
Permanently banned on Twitter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-permanently-bans-president-donald-trump-n1253588

Hrm, if they did that a couple of years ago he might have won the election.

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6743 on: January 08, 2021, 04:58:11 PM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-permanently-bans-president-donald-trump-n1253588

Hrm, if they did that a couple of years ago he might have won the election.

If he hadn’t totally effed the pandemic response, he probably would have.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6744 on: January 08, 2021, 04:59:10 PM »

I don't like Trump and agree that he's a danger . . . but am wondering if the precedent of tech companies (now both twitter and facebook) acting to muzzle the President of the United States is a potential problem for the future.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #6745 on: January 08, 2021, 05:01:10 PM »

I don't like Trump and agree that he's a danger . . . but am wondering if the precedent of tech companies (now both twitter and facebook) acting to muzzle the President of the United States is a potential problem for the future.
wasn't it just his personal account?  They still have the official potus account.

Pushkina2

• Stubble
  • Proud Member of Prozac Nation
« Reply #6746 on: January 08, 2021, 05:04:07 PM »
Isn’t one agreeing to the Terms and Services when using these platforms?

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6747 on: January 08, 2021, 05:08:00 PM »

He’s still welcome to communicate using official channels, but private companies are by no means obligated to provide anyone and platform whatsoever, for any reason.

Abe

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6748 on: January 08, 2021, 05:14:11 PM »

He’s still welcome to communicate using official channels, but private companies are by no means obligated to provide anyone and platform whatsoever, for any reason.

I hear GuitarStv’s concern, but the converse is the government forcing private companies to broadcast propaganda, which would probably be worse than the president not being able to rant off the cuff in his pajamas. 

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6749 on: January 08, 2021, 05:20:08 PM »
As someone who is posting from their pajamas, I feel attacked