Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 778946 times)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6250 on: January 05, 2021, 03:22:08 AM »
Democrats ask FBI Director Wray to open criminal probe into Trump after leaked phone call (NBC News)

A pair of House Democrats are asking FBI Director Christopher Wray to open a criminal probe into President Donald Trump after a leaked phone call showed him pleading with Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn his state's election.

"As members of Congress and former prosecutors, we believe Donald Trump engaged in solicitation of, or conspiracy to commit, a number of election crimes," Reps. Ted Lieu, D-Calif., and Kathleen Rice, D-N.Y., wrote in a letter to Wray on Monday. "We ask you to open an immediate criminal investigation into the president."

We'd never get to an impeachment trial in the Senate, but there's no reason why the House couldn't vote to impeach a second time in the next 2 weeks. Approval of the articles of impeachment would only require a simple majority in the House. I fully support such an approach. He wants to be the biggest, the most. Let's make him the most impeached president in history.

But the recording of his conversation with Raffensperger has led to a more severe response from Trump's Democratic opponents. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said Sunday that the president's conduct was "impeachable," while Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said it "merits nothing less than a criminal investigation."

In April 1970 House minority leader Gerald Ford urged the impeachment of Justice Douglas.

Ford declared  “An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history.”

Democrats, who hold a majority in the House of Representatives, have power  to impeach Trump again without any agreement from their Republican colleagues.

In an extraordinary, expedited, emergency session that sidesteps traditional impeachment procedures, which are not constitutionally  commanded, the Democrats could draft a single, simple, article of impeachment and within the next 24 hours impeach Trump for importuning Georgia's secretary of state "to find 11,780 votes."

The object of impeachment is not necessarily conviction and removal from high office.  Impeachment alone is an historic,  indelible stamp of gravest disapproval on the high official's record so it doesn't matter if there's insufficient time for the Senate to try another impeachment of Trump.

The problem with this is that it gives the asshole another opportunity to hold up a newspaper with the “Acquitted” headline on it.

Better to deny him that publicity. If you’re going to impeach, make damn sure there actually will be follow on consequences for the bastard.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6251 on: January 05, 2021, 07:41:16 AM »
The 'power' of impeachment without control of the senate has proven to be just a mild public shaming.  As we've now seen, if the person you're impeaching (and the party that supports him) is shameless impeachment is about as useful and effective as wagging your finger at an axe murderer.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6252 on: January 05, 2021, 08:09:13 AM »
The 'power' of impeachment without control of the senate has proven to be just a mild public shaming.  As we've now seen, if the person you're impeaching (and the party that supports him) is shameless impeachment is about as useful and effective as wagging your finger at an axe murderer.

His narcissism has been proven right in one regard. As a candidate he made the quip that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue in NYC in broad daylight and get away with it. He's been attempting a coup for the last two months and the Republican members of Congress coming to his defense has only increased with every act of election tampering, this phone call to Georgia included.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #6253 on: January 05, 2021, 09:03:42 AM »
Sorry, I guess this is old news from June that I had not seen.

Is this the first time someone has attempted to issue an international arrest warrant for the President of the United States?

Iran has issued an arrest warrant for President Trump and 35 other people it says were involved in a drone strike that killed a top Iranian general in Baghdad this year and has asked for international help in detaining them, according to Iranian news reports.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/29/world/middleeast/iran-trump-arrest-warrant-interpol.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 09:58:01 AM by the_fixer »

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6254 on: January 05, 2021, 09:35:10 AM »
Is this the first time someone has attempted to issue an international arrest warrant for the President of the United States?

Surely Iraq issued a warrant for George H. W. after the 1990-91 Gulf War?

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6255 on: January 05, 2021, 09:41:51 AM »
This whole situation is so embarrassing. Trump didn’t just lose. He was basically blown out in this election. And now he’s crying over and over and threatening everybody because he can’t face the reality that he’s a loser. And his followers are also losers and they don’t like being reminded of it. It’s really sad.

rab-bit

• Bristles
« Reply #6256 on: January 05, 2021, 09:57:37 AM »
He just keeps repeating that he got "over 70 million votes". Yeah, but:
a) The popular vote doesn't matter
b) Even if it did, your opponent got more that 80 million votes.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6257 on: January 05, 2021, 10:02:07 AM »

It wouldn't matter.  The US has never accepted any responsibility for it's many illegal actions on the international stage.  The CIA acted as an international terrorist group for more than half a century, there's the actions of servicemen in Vietnam or the SOP of rape/torture/murder in Iraq (and later in Guantanamo bay) . . . or the full US support of pedophiles in Afghanistan (and punishment of servicemen who complained about the child rape).  More recently there has been the illegal drone bombings of civilians all over the world.  The list is just endless.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6258 on: January 05, 2021, 10:05:16 AM »
I can almost, with a sideways squint, see Trump's point. His whole strategy for reelection was "I will get out all these votes from people who never normally vote and it will be enough for me to get reelected without bothering about independents and people who switch between Republican and Democrat".  The talking heads have been saying for the last four years that it was doomed to failure, but it fact it worked pretty well: Trump got more votes than any previous Presidential candidate in history - the only problem was that Biden got even more votes than Trump.  Any other Democratic candidate and any less a determined effort to get out the vote by Democrats and Trump's strategy would have been a winner.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6259 on: January 05, 2021, 10:06:39 AM »

It wouldn't matter.  The US has never accepted any responsibility for it's many illegal actions on the international stage.  The CIA acted as an international terrorist group for more than half a century, there's the actions of servicemen in Vietnam or the SOP of rape/torture/murder in Iraq (and later in Guantanamo bay) . . . or the full US support of pedophiles in Afghanistan (and punishment of servicemen who complained about the child rape).  More recently there has been the illegal drone bombings of civilians all over the world.  The list is just endless.
Support for the IRA too.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #6260 on: January 05, 2021, 10:20:39 AM »
This whole situation is so embarrassing. Trump didn’t just lose. He was basically blown out in this election. And now he’s crying over and over and threatening everybody because he can’t face the reality that he’s a loser. And his followers are also losers and they don’t like being reminded of it. It’s really sad.

I was discussing this with friends yesterday - if there was one thing I would have liked to have seen, it would be for Biden to have had another 0.4% of the total votes in any of the following - AZ, GA, WI.  That would have meant he won not just a slim plurality of votes, but a definitive majority.  It also would have made Biden's vote lead >50k votes in each of those states - which would have been much harder for detractors to say it was a 'statistical draw' or other such nonsense.

That said, the popular vote was absolutely historic (+4.4%, and an overall majority at 51.3% of all cotes), and the EC victory of 306 is convincing (i.e. Trump would need to overturn at least three states).

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6261 on: January 05, 2021, 10:40:38 AM »

The House's exercise of its impeachment power is highly political.

The Senate's sole power to try all impeachments does not mean that it HAS to do so.

Even if the Senate  directly informs the House that the Senate will not try or will try but lacks the votes to convict, in every  case the House ought to proceed with impeachment if it concludes it is warranted.

Impeachment alone registers grave disapprobation.

An untried impeachment  is not the equivalent of  an  acquittal.

The infamy of impeachment's "I"  will always be  an indelible  mark in  the history  of the impeached high official regardless of the Senate's refusal to try them.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:43:53 PM by John Galt incarnate! »

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6262 on: January 05, 2021, 10:51:29 AM »

I was discussing this with friends yesterday - if there was one thing I would have liked to have seen, it would be for Biden to have had another 0.4% of the total votes in any of the following - AZ, GA, WI.  That would have meant he won not just a slim plurality of votes, but a definitive majority.  It also would have made Biden's vote lead >50k votes in each of those states - which would have been much harder for detractors to say it was a 'statistical draw' or other such nonsense.

That said, the popular vote was absolutely historic (+4.4%, and an overall majority at 51.3% of all cotes), and the EC victory of 306 is convincing (i.e. Trump would need to overturn at least three states).

Even that increase in the margin wouldn't have shut him up. Biden won here in Michigan by 154K votes, a nearly 3% margin. I've lost count of how many lawsuits his crackpot attorneys have filed to have our election results invalidated. His supporters here and elsewhere are still squawking about election fraud and invalid votes. A 10% margin wouldn't make a difference. He's screaming because he won Michigan (and the other states in question) 4 years ago and can't stomach the thought of losing. Ergo, it must be fraud.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6263 on: January 05, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »

Even that increase in the margin wouldn't have shut him up. Biden won here in Michigan by 154K votes, a nearly 3% margin. I've lost count of how many lawsuits his crackpot attorneys have filed to have our election results invalidated. His supporters here and elsewhere are still squawking about election fraud and invalid votes. A 10% margin wouldn't make a difference. He's screaming because he won Michigan (and the other states in question) 4 years ago and can't stomach the thought of losing. Ergo, it must be fraud.

Nothing, I suspect, would shut Trump up.  But it's easy to convince people it was a "statistical tie" (a phrase I hate in this context) if the results are within, say, 0.3% (e.g. AZ, GA). It also fuels the sore-loser talk when the winner fails to break 50% (WI).

Bottom line - I wish the margins in those key states were higher.  DJT would still belly-ache, but it would seem even more ridiculous to everyone but the extremists.   

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6264 on: January 05, 2021, 11:10:55 AM »
They're fucking delusional.  There is quite literally no threshold where they would back down and accept defeat.  Even without the extra 0.4% margin or whatever it's absolutely unquestionable that Trump lost.  It could have been 150M Biden to Trump 0 and they wouldn't concede. They don't live in reality.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6265 on: January 05, 2021, 11:16:41 AM »

Nothing, I suspect, would shut Trump up.  But it's easy to convince people it was a "statistical tie" (a phrase I hate in this context) if the results are within, say, 0.3% (e.g. AZ, GA). It also fuels the sore-loser talk when the winner fails to break 50% (WI).

Bottom line - I wish the margins in those key states were higher.  DJT would still belly-ache, but it would seem even more ridiculous to everyone but the extremists.

Nah, there is no limit.  We are far, far beyond the threshold of having reasonable doubt.  It's like people that don't believe in evolution.  Your argument is basically "I just wish we could find a couple more pieces of evidence of evolution, because if this mountain of evidence was just a few feet higher no reasonable person could remain unconvinced".   The reality is that anyone that can be convinced by evidence already believes in evolution, and slightly more, or even significantly more evidence will not change their mind.  If it could, they'd already believe.

rab-bit

• Bristles
« Reply #6267 on: January 05, 2021, 11:28:15 AM »
I can almost, with a sideways squint, see Trump's point. His whole strategy for reelection was "I will get out all these votes from people who never normally vote and it will be enough for me to get reelected without bothering about independents and people who switch between Republican and Democrat".  The talking heads have been saying for the last four years that it was doomed to failure, but it fact it worked pretty well: Trump got more votes than any previous Presidential candidate in history - the only problem was that Biden got even more votes than Trump.  Any other Democratic candidate and any less a determined effort to get out the vote by Democrats and Trump's strategy would have been a winner.

Trump got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to turn out to vote for him, but IMO he also got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to turn out to vote for Biden. And in the end that was his undoing.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 12:22:37 PM by rab-bit »

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6268 on: January 05, 2021, 11:30:08 AM »

It is already clear to everyone but the extremists!

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6269 on: January 05, 2021, 11:36:47 AM »

Trump got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to come out and vote for him, but IMO he also got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to come out and vote for Biden. And in the end that was his undoing.

Millions of people who don't typically vote came out to vote for both candidates and it's resulted in a whole new portion of the electorate who have no idea how politics work. I've been noticing this when I casually look at social media. New voters don't understand why there were things in the Stimulus Bill that had nothing to do with the stimulus, while veteran voters know it's because congress members needed to do that to gather enough votes to pass both houses of the legislature. New voters also don't understand that the bill only gave a stimulus of $600 because it couldn't pass the Senate with a stimulus of $2000, so they are freaking out on social media about it without understanding that it wasn't a choice between $600 and $2000. It was a choice between $600 and $0.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6270 on: January 05, 2021, 11:38:59 AM »

Trump got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to come out and vote for him, but IMO he also got a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote to come out and vote for Biden. And in the end that was his undoing.

Millions of people who don't typically vote came out to vote for both candidates and it's resulted in a whole new portion of the electorate who have no idea how politics work. I've been noticing this when I casually look at social media. New voters don't understand why there were things in the Stimulus Bill that had nothing to do with the stimulus, while veteran voters know it's because congress members needed to do that to gather enough votes to pass both houses of the legislature. New voters also don't understand that the bill only gave a stimulus of $600 because it couldn't pass the Senate with a stimulus of $2000, so they are freaking out on social media about it without understanding that it wasn't a choice between $600 and $2000. It was a choice between $600 and $0.

I love the "why are we sending stimulus money to foreign countries?!" uh, because it isn't actually a stimulus bill, it is a normal spending bill with some stimulus provisions thrown in.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6271 on: January 05, 2021, 11:40:49 AM »
New voters don't understand why there were things in the Stimulus Bill that had nothing to do with the stimulus, while veteran voters know it's because congress members needed to do that to gather enough votes to pass both houses of the legislature.

It was not the Stimulus Bill, it was the Stimulus and Omnibus Spending Bill. Aka the entire federal government's 2021 budget. One bill. That's why there was so much "unrelated stuff in it".

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6272 on: January 05, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »
New voters don't understand why there were things in the Stimulus Bill that had nothing to do with the stimulus, while veteran voters know it's because congress members needed to do that to gather enough votes to pass both houses of the legislature.

It was not the Stimulus Bill, it was the Stimulus and Omnibus Spending Bill. Aka the entire federal government's 2021 budget. One bill. That's why there was so much "unrelated stuff in it".

"But it has a stimulus in it, it's a Stimulus Bill. You are supposed to have other bills for other things. Durr durr durr..." Completely clueless about how politics work.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6273 on: January 05, 2021, 12:37:20 PM »
Obligatory David Cross stand up bit about regretting voting for Trump...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1wkqZIJOAQ

"This last omnibus spending bill is where I draw the line!"

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6274 on: January 05, 2021, 12:56:42 PM »
Trump warned by Scottish leader to stay away amid reports he might travel to his golf resort to skip inauguration

😂
Trump has a Scottish mother so if he wanted to he could register to become a British citizen.  If we could just convince him to leave for Scotland permanently.  Sorry Scotland!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #6275 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:44 PM »
Have any of you tracked what is going down in PA right now?
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2021/01/05/Pa-Senate-refuses-to-seat-McKeesport-s-Brewster-in-contentious-swearing-in-ceremony/stories/202101050125

Let's hope this is not a preamble to Jan 6 in DC. Regardless, it is some top-shelf scary bullshit. What happens when a legislative body simply stops following their constitution?

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6276 on: January 05, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »
https://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2021/01/05/Pa-Senate-refuses-to-seat-McKeesport-s-Brewster-in-contentious-swearing-in-ceremony/stories/202101050125

Let's hope this is not a preamble to Jan 6 in DC. Regardless, it is some top-shelf scary bullshit. What happens when a legislative body simply stops following their constitution?

I never thought something like this could happen in the United States. I thought it was only for the third world banana republics. Wow, was I wrong. What a sad time this is for America.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6277 on: January 05, 2021, 01:24:01 PM »

A judge brings the hammer down?

I wonder if we'll see an attempt to recognize the parking-lot appointed "electors" as a second slate.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6278 on: January 05, 2021, 01:26:01 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we should just wait, and not over-react to stories like this while emotions are running high.

I remember all the way back in 2018 when there was talk of the House just refusing to seat the Republican from NC-9 who got caught committing election fraud (which would have been within the House's power). It didn't actually come to that because the guy eventually conceded after his son testified against him and exposed several of his lies, but if that was actually how it played out then I could see Republicans (incorrectly) taking that very similarly to how Democrats are taking this.

Let the court finish rejecting the fraudulent case, and then bring out the pitchforks if they don't seat him.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6279 on: January 05, 2021, 01:30:07 PM »

I never thought something like this could happen in the United States. I thought it was only for the third world banana republics. Wow, was I wrong. What a sad time this is for America.

Troof.

I always wonder how many of these people are true believers and how many are going for a power grab.

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6280 on: January 05, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »

A judge brings the hammer down?

I wonder if we'll see an attempt to recognize the parking-lot appointed "electors" as a second slate.

Have you seen John Fetterman?  I'm expecting him to just eat the senate republicans in PA. 

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6281 on: January 05, 2021, 05:14:17 PM »
Trump warned by Scottish leader to stay away amid reports he might travel to his golf resort to skip inauguration

😂
Trump has a Scottish mother so if he wanted to he could register to become a British citizen.  If we could just convince him to leave for Scotland permanently.  Sorry Scotland!

Keep yer f*ckin' Trump where he belongs, laddie.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6282 on: January 05, 2021, 06:24:25 PM »

😂

Keep yer f*ckin' Trump where he belongs, laddie.

Can individual states ask for extradition?  I am sure the Scots can handle Trump.  After all they colonized a country (Canada was more a Scottish colony than an English one, when you look at the early British influences).

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6283 on: January 05, 2021, 07:57:19 PM »
Wasserman from Cook Political called it for Warnock. It's early but a lot of Dem votes are left.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6284 on: January 05, 2021, 08:05:38 PM »
I am having trouble predicting (or stomaching the thought of) what a tweet storm tomorrow will be.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #6285 on: January 05, 2021, 08:20:03 PM »
I am having trouble predicting (or stomaching the thought of) what a tweet storm tomorrow will be.

Tweet storms are the least of my worries for tomorrow

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6286 on: January 05, 2021, 08:32:35 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/politics/mike-pence-donald-trump-congress-election/index.html

“I hope Mike Pence comes through for us, I have to tell you," Trump said Monday night during a political rally in Georgia, where his public arm-twisting was met with cheers. "Of course, if he doesn't come through, I won't like him as much."

The self serving greed makes my blood boil!

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6287 on: January 05, 2021, 09:27:22 PM »

DeKalb County votes are rolling in and it looks like Warnock has it. Ossoff is 20k down so it'll be close.

The alt-right sites are mostly discussing the DC protests. That's where the real action is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/01/05/parler-telegram-violence-dc-protests/

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6288 on: January 05, 2021, 09:57:52 PM »

Truth. And the days to follow.

gaja

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6289 on: January 06, 2021, 05:12:12 AM »
I wonder how much of the democratic victory in Georgia is due to republicans losing trust in the system, and how much is due to democrats' mobilizing efforts? I a large part of the population don't believe the elections are fair, you are headed for dangerous waters.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6290 on: January 06, 2021, 05:24:13 AM »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #6291 on: January 06, 2021, 05:27:47 AM »
Happy Congressional Electoral Dispute Day everyone
/s

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6292 on: January 06, 2021, 06:11:22 AM »
I wonder how much of the democratic victory in Georgia is due to republicans losing trust in the system, and how much is due to democrats' mobilizing efforts? I a large part of the population don't believe the elections are fair, you are headed for dangerous waters.

70% are convinced there was something wrong with the election. But not where their candidates won, of course. Not even on the same sheet of paper.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6293 on: January 06, 2021, 06:12:22 AM »
Is anyone in the Trump party willing to take responsibility for their own decisions? It's ironic how much time the "personal responsibility and independence" crowd spends whining about logical consequences of their own actions.

Lawyer on Trump Election Call Quits Firm After Uproar (NY Times)

A lawyer advising President Trump in recent weeks has resigned from her law firm after it was revealed that she participated in the call where Mr. Trump pressured Georgia officials to help him reverse the state’s election results, the firm said in a statement on Tuesday.

The lawyer, Cleta Mitchell, has been advising Mr. Trump despite a policy at her firm, Foley & Lardner, that none of its lawyers should represent clients involved in relitigating the presidential election.
___

In an email to her clients and friends, Ms. Mitchell blamed her departure on “a massive pressure campaign in the last several days mounted by leftist groups via social media and other means against me, my law firm and clients of the law firm.” She vowed to “redouble” her efforts on what she called “election integrity.”

Seriously, Trumpers, you are spoiled children. Quit whining.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6294 on: January 06, 2021, 06:14:03 AM »

70% are convinced there was something wrong with the election. But not where their candidates won, of course. Not even on the same sheet of paper.

Of course not. In Trump-land, only GOP wins are valid. All Democrat wins are fraud. How does one get to this point and not know that one doesn't win everything? Spoiled children.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6295 on: January 06, 2021, 06:19:55 AM »
Is anyone in the Trump party willing to take responsibility for their own decisions? It's ironic how much time the "personal responsibility and independence" crowd spends whining about logical consequences of their own actions.

A lawyer advising President Trump in recent weeks has resigned from her law firm after it was revealed that she participated in the call where Mr. Trump pressured Georgia officials to help him reverse the state’s election results, the firm said in a statement on Tuesday.

The lawyer, Cleta Mitchell, has been advising Mr. Trump despite a policy at her firm, Foley & Lardner, that none of its lawyers should represent clients involved in relitigating the presidential election.
___

In an email to her clients and friends, Ms. Mitchell blamed her departure on “a massive pressure campaign in the last several days mounted by leftist groups via social media and other means against me, my law firm and clients of the law firm.” She vowed to “redouble” her efforts on what she called “election integrity.”

She wasn't fired and she wasn't canceled. She resigned because she got caught. And she's still sticking with Trump rather than what was probably a very well paying and respectable law practice.

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6296 on: January 06, 2021, 08:31:15 AM »

___

She wasn't fired and she wasn't canceled. She resigned because she got caught. And she's still sticking with Trump rather than what was probably a very well paying and respectable law practice.

I would guess that based on those circumstances she had the option to be fired or resign. Most of the people choose to resign to keep up the facade. It helps in finding a new position.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6297 on: January 06, 2021, 09:07:36 AM »

___

I would guess that based on those circumstances she had the option to be fired or resign. Most of the people choose to resign to keep up the facade. It helps in finding a new position.

Well, it helps unless you start projecting blame onto your former employer for your own violation of their policies.

I’m sure Trump will give her plenty of work, at least until he flees the US.

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6298 on: January 06, 2021, 09:24:54 AM »

___

Well, it helps unless you start projecting blame onto your former employer for your own violation of their policies.

It will probably help with the crazy subset with Trumpsters. It might be more problematic with someone more normal.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6299 on: January 06, 2021, 09:47:38 AM »

___

It will probably help with the crazy subset with Trumpsters. It might be more problematic with someone more normal.

How long can the grift continue? With Trump, Powell, Wood, Stone, and likely Mitchell (+ others) all asking for donations to continue the fight, surely the budget of the average MAGA cultist is stretched?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 09:49:50 AM by bacchi »

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!