Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779252 times)

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5350 on: November 06, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »
So this is what it will be like when Trump is gone? We can go back to talking about how we like our beets?

I'm looking forward to this.

Oh, and pickled, slightly sweet. Brussels sprouts are best with a lot of fat and a bit of char - fried, roasted, and grilled are all good.

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5351 on: November 06, 2020, 10:58:18 PM »
I prefer my Brussels sprouts covered in foam.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5352 on: November 07, 2020, 12:35:39 AM »
If I would be a bible-devout christian, I would think that compelling evidence shows we have found the antichrist.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5353 on: November 07, 2020, 01:59:04 AM »
So this is what it will be like when Trump is gone? We can go back to talking about how we like our beets?

Oh, and pickled, slightly sweet. Brussels sprouts are best with a lot of fat and a bit of char - fried, roasted, and grilled are all good.

Fun fact re: Brussels sprouts.  The varieties widely available today taste completely different from those available just 20 years ago.  Realizing that most people back then found Brussels sprouts to be bitter and pugnant, Dutch scientists cross-bred a number of varieties in the 1990s to remove the bitter compounds.  The resulting sprout started appearing in our food chain supply roughly a decade ago.

So:  if you hated Brussels sprouts as a kid, you might want to revisit them now, as they are actually different.  And of course, cook them properly.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/30/773457637/from-culinary-dud-to-stud-how-dutch-plant-breeders-built-our-brussels-sprouts-bo

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5354 on: November 07, 2020, 05:59:19 AM »
If I would be a bible-devout christian, I would think that compelling evidence shows we have found the antichrist.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/
.  Wow. I don't go into interpreting revelations because it seems like horoscopes. But that is creepy.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5355 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:52 AM »

.  Wow. I don't go into interpreting revelations because it seems like horoscopes. But that is creepy.
Human nature hasn't changed in 3,000 years, so the signs of a would-be autocrat and dictator then are the same as the signs of a would-be autocrat and dictator now.

The seven named towers bit was seriously spooky, though.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5356 on: November 07, 2020, 06:29:56 AM »

Definitely creepy.
If I  were American and knew religious Trumpers I would be sending them that link.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5357 on: November 07, 2020, 06:43:46 AM »

Definitely creepy.
If I  were American and knew religious Trumpers I would be sending them that link.

As with many other things, it may be a feature rather than a bug. Some American evangelicals think that the faster they can push the timeline along and make the prophecies come true, the faster Jesus will come back, rapture them, and smite the rest of us.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5358 on: November 07, 2020, 07:57:17 AM »

Fun fact re: Brussels sprouts.  The varieties widely available today taste completely different from those available just 20 years ago.  Realizing that most people back then found Brussels sprouts to be bitter and pugnant, Dutch scientists cross-bred a number of varieties in the 1990s to remove the bitter compounds.  The resulting sprout started appearing in our food chain supply roughly a decade ago.

So:  if you hated Brussels sprouts as a kid, you might want to revisit them now, as they are actually different.  And of course, cook them properly.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2019/10/30/773457637/from-culinary-dud-to-stud-how-dutch-plant-breeders-built-our-brussels-sprouts-bo

Weird, really? I have always liked them/eaten them, even as a kid, and I haven’t noticed that the taste has changed.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5359 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:32 AM »
You're all arguing that beets and brussel sprouts are delicious if you absolutely smother them in other foods and spices. How are they without all that stuff?

I think both are great roasted with just a little olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Is that too much “stuff” for you?  I also like both raw in salads.  Home-pickled beets ... yum. 

I need to add beets to my shopping list for next week.

Now I'm really sorry I didn't ask my husband to grab brussel sprouts when he went to the store yesterday. Time for a roast!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5360 on: November 07, 2020, 09:16:44 AM »

Definitely creepy.

As with many other things, it may be a feature rather than a bug. Some American evangelicals think that the faster they can push the timeline along and make the prophecies come true, the faster Jesus will come back, rapture them, and smite the rest of us.

That is truly scary thinking, since the rest of us that will get smited is the vast majority of humanity.  So much for a loving god.  Or compassionate people.  Certainly not the Christian attitude I grew up with.

Plus since I think they are wrong, that means they are trying to drag us someplace horrible for no reason.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5361 on: November 07, 2020, 09:26:33 AM »
CNN just announced Joe Biden is President Elect!!!!

WOO HOO!!!

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5362 on: November 07, 2020, 09:43:25 AM »
Our five year nightmare is ending.  Go Joe!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5363 on: November 07, 2020, 09:49:03 AM »
Go Joe and go Kamala!

This is a new beginning and did this country ever need one!

They said Trump was playing golf. I hope they called him and told him, YOU'RE FIRED!!! Hahahahahaha!

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5364 on: November 07, 2020, 10:14:24 AM »
So happy. So relieved.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5365 on: November 07, 2020, 11:14:48 AM »
I can hear car honking and whooping. Its a beautiful day.

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5366 on: November 07, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
Let me then repeat that in the Swedish language, "trumpen" is an adjective meaning bitter and grumpy, often due to a perceived injustice.  :)

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5367 on: November 07, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »
Let me then repeat that in the Swedish language, "trumpen" is an adjective meaning bitter and grumpy, often due to a perceived injustice.  :)

LOL.  I wonder if "drumpf" (i think that was the original family name spelling?) has a meaning in German?

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5368 on: November 07, 2020, 01:54:27 PM »
They said Trump was playing golf. I hope they called him and told him, YOU'RE FIRED!!! Hahahahahaha!

The alt-right thinks Trump is out golfing because he knows he's going to win.

That’s not the actions of a guy that’s worried about losing an election

It’s going to be so sweet to watch the libs come down so hard from their high

Bizarro world. They are seriously in fantasy land.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5369 on: November 07, 2020, 02:06:01 PM »

LOL.  I wonder if "drumpf" (i think that was the original family name spelling?) has a meaning in German?
"Trumpf" is a special card/color in card games that is "stronger" than all others. Aside of that I can't think of any meaning. But a lot of words have changed in meaning or writing or have gone extinct during the centuries.

blue_green_sparks

• Bristles
  • FIRE'd 2018
« Reply #5370 on: November 07, 2020, 04:56:45 PM »
So happy. So relieved.
Yes. And I certainly feel better about our health insurance costs and coverage.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #5371 on: November 07, 2020, 10:27:07 PM »
What exactly is Trump doing?  All I have are these two tweets...

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5372 on: November 07, 2020, 11:15:11 PM »
Apparently he is golfing.

Nothing is ever his fault. He is always the victim. He demands loyalty but offers none in return. He is incapable of empathy. Everything is about him. He can’t fathom the idea that 74 million people voted for Biden, and when you count other candidates, even more voted against him. And then, when it became apparent that Biden won, millions of people spilled into the streets to celebrate.

45 is a deeply flawed human being. He’s not thinking, and he doesn’t have the emotional maturity to examine his flawed emotional reactions and react for the good of the country.

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5373 on: November 07, 2020, 11:22:29 PM »
I'm just hoping that Trump is so busy fuming, flailing around, tweeting, recounting and fighting his "legal" battles for the next 2 and a half months that he won't have time to do much damage or sabotage the country before January 21.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5374 on: November 07, 2020, 11:41:53 PM »
What exactly is Trump doing?  All I have are these two tweets...

Deny reality and claim victory. Same strategy as with the coronavirus.

He has dozens more tweets just as outrageous.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5375 on: November 07, 2020, 11:59:06 PM »
I'm just hoping that Trump is so busy fuming, flailing around, tweeting, recounting and fighting his "legal" battles for the next 2 and a half months that he won't have time to do much damage or sabotage the country before January 21.

I'm also curious if the Georgia runoffs will keep the rest of the GOP from doing anything particularly egregious (or supporting Trump doing the same) that you would otherwise see in a lame duck session.

Alfred J Quack

• Bristles
« Reply #5376 on: November 08, 2020, 01:32:37 AM »
You're all arguing that beets and brussel sprouts are delicious if you absolutely smother them in other foods and spices. How are they without all that stuff?
Don't know about beets but brussel sprouts are really nice steamed, both by themselfves or mixed with carrots and bell peppers.

My wife also stir fries them with different vegetables where they aren't fully cooked. But her not-fully cooked and mine are quite different. ;)

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5377 on: November 08, 2020, 02:31:00 AM »

I'm also curious if the Georgia runoffs will keep the rest of the GOP from doing anything particularly egregious (or supporting Trump doing the same) that you would otherwise see in a lame duck session.

Trump just fired the heads of USAID, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and the national nuclear security administration. I haven't seen any justification other than for USAID, a Trump acting appointee had to step aside a while ago because the law says you can only be "acting" for so long. He's now back in the seat.

Regarding the GOP's plans for the next month, Graham is calling Pennsylvania a bunch of lying snakes and saying he likes Biden and will work with him.  He also said "everything should be on the table" regarding the vote counting to include armed intervention by the Justice Department.  He criticizes Trump one day, and is kissing his ass the next. I wonder if he can keep track who he's supporting one day to the next. McConnell seems to be getting his pieces on the board in preparation for Biden's cabinet appointments.  We all know he's certainly capable of ramming through unpopular legislation when it suits him.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5378 on: November 09, 2020, 06:36:22 AM »

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5379 on: November 09, 2020, 07:25:14 AM »
Also, liberal opinion site Slate.com has a nice series of pieces recording--one final time--the most egregious characters who were part of the Trump administration:

https://slate.com/tag/goodbye-trump-admin

Some notes:

• Eric Trump did not merit his own piece
  • People who left early don't seem to be in this list (I'm looking at you, Jeff Sessions)
  • Far and away the DeVos piece is the one I've seen shared the most on social media, but--frankly--department of education is a lot less important than other parts of the cabinet. Replacing DeVos with someone of genuine expertise will be emotionally satisfying for teachers, but replacing Bill Barr with someone who does not believe in the unitary executive (and who is not named Rod Rosenstein) will be fantastic.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5380 on: November 09, 2020, 07:39:19 AM »
How do you all think this transition is going to pan out. Trump seems to be unhinged, more than normal. Will he have any success fighting this election in the courts. It seems like a witch hunt and there is nothing to find. I wish Biden could kick Trump to the curb and start working. I am thrilled with how he is already putting together a team to battle the Corona Virus! This is what should have been done way back in the beginning of the year!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5381 on: November 09, 2020, 07:41:09 AM »
I saw that Trump's team is raising money for legal defense of their election. Except they aren't. In the fine print you are paying down his election debt. Only then does the money shift to his legal defense fund...

Maybe that is how Trump will get past his $400M of debt - he'll squeeze his supporters.

A friend of a friend passed along a story. Someone in their family was a contractor from NY and did work for Trump. Everything went smoothly until payment was due. Then suddenly the job was shabby and substandard. Contractor took Trump to court and fought until he couldn't afford to fight any more. Trump walked away with a free project. Contractor lost his business and his home. Of course I can't vouch for the quality of his work but Trump's part sounds about right... 

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5382 on: November 09, 2020, 07:42:39 AM »
I fear Trump will take this as far as he can and then he'll make a "suggestion" that his supporters need to get involved - and then someone will get hurt or killed.

His inner circle is telling Trump that he needs to hold more rallies.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5383 on: November 09, 2020, 07:51:08 AM »
How do you all think this transition is going to pan out. Trump seems to be unhinged, more than normal. Will he have any success fighting this election in the courts. It seems like a witch hunt and there is nothing to find. I wish Biden could kick Trump to the curb and start working. I am thrilled with how he is already putting together a team to battle the Corona Virus! This is what should have been done way back in the beginning of the year!
I think his Republican allies are all going to abandon him. Even a partisan Supreme Court isn't going to overturn the results of a democratic election without a valid reason, which there doesn't seem to be.

After that...I'm not sure. The best case scenario is that he just spends all his time golfing, and does the bare minimum of Presidential business (including signing a new CR to fund the government - the current one expires in December).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:56:03 AM by nessness »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5384 on: November 09, 2020, 07:56:12 AM »
Also, liberal opinion site Slate.com has a nice series of pieces recording--one final time--the most egregious characters who were part of the Trump administration:

Some notes:

• People who left early don't seem to be in this list (I'm looking at you, Jeff Sessions)
  • Far and away the DeVos piece is the one I've seen shared the most on social media, but--frankly--department of education is a lot less important than other parts of the cabinet. Replacing DeVos with someone of genuine expertise will be emotionally satisfying for teachers, but replacing Bill Barr with someone who does not believe in the unitary executive (and who is not named Rod Rosenstein) will be fantastic.

my guess?  there was a word cap and there were so many egregious characters that ones which would have been top-lines in 'normal' administrations (e.g. Sessions, Eric) didn't even make the first cut.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5385 on: November 09, 2020, 08:22:19 AM »
I think his Republican allies are all going to abandon him. Even a partisan Supreme Court isn't going to overturn the results of a democratic election without a valid reason, which there doesn't seem to be.

After that...I'm not sure. The best case scenario is that he just spends all his time golfing, and does the bare minimum of Presidential business (including signing a new CR to fund the government - the current one expires in December).
At this point, while I do worry about what Trump will try to do in the next two months, I am more worried about what other nations will try and squeeze through. Those who were into election interference will continue to benefit from *anything* that casts doubt on the credibility of the 2020 election. Internal disunity is their goal. Also, this is a narrow window of opportunity for China to exert more overt control in the South China Sea and Hong Kong while Trump will be "low energy" and Americans are distracted. Same goes for the Taliban (whom apparently we are now allies with against ISIS), Russia in Ukraine, etc, etc. The list is long and we will likely have more of a leadership vacuum than normal. Mike Pompeo doesn't really feel like he's going to be a check on those things in any meaningful way unless it impacts economic concerns (as he has pretty much explicitly stated in the past).

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5386 on: November 09, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »

At this point, while I do worry about what Trump will try to do in the next two months, I am more worried about what other nations will try and squeeze through. Those who were into election interference will continue to benefit from *anything* that casts doubt on the credibility of the 2020 election. Internal disunity is their goal. Also, this is a narrow window of opportunity for China to exert more overt control in the South China Sea and Hong Kong while Trump will be "low energy" and Americans are distracted. Same goes for the Taliban (whom apparently we are now allies with against ISIS), Russia in Ukraine, etc, etc. The list is long and we will likely have more of a leadership vacuum than normal. Mike Pompeo doesn't really feel like he's going to be a check on those things in any meaningful way unless it impacts economic concerns (as he has pretty much explicitly stated in the past).

My biggest worry for the next 10 weeks?  The virus.

We're in an exponential growth phase in at least 19 different states. Trump has shown no signs that he's taking it seriously - and his flurry of rallies may well be super-spreader events. It seems likely we'll hit 200k cases/day by the end of this week and 2k deaths/day.  With his defiant supporters (91% of those polled who said the virus was "completely" or "mostly" under control voted for him), no coordinated federal response and quarantine fatigue, December could be the worst month of this pandemic by far.

Nero played his fiddle as Rome burned - Trump seems resigned to let this virus rage while he plays golf.

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5387 on: November 09, 2020, 08:57:35 AM »
A friend of a friend passed along a story. Someone in their family was a contractor from NY and did work for Trump. Everything went smoothly until payment was due. Then suddenly the job was shabby and substandard. Contractor took Trump to court and fought until he couldn't afford to fight any more. Trump walked away with a free project. Contractor lost his business and his home. Of course I can't vouch for the quality of his work but Trump's part sounds about right...

This is why most folks who have actually worked with Trump end up hating him after a while. Come over to Atlantic City and take a poll of the contractors there- you'll hear many similar stories. He isn't a business genius, he's a grifter.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2020/01/24/donald-trump-still-owes-money-to-contractors-who-built-taj-mahal-atlantic-city/4547037002/

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5388 on: November 09, 2020, 09:04:14 AM »

This is why most folks who have actually worked with Trump end up hating him after a while. Come over to Atlantic City and take a poll of the contractors there- you'll hear many similar stories. He isn't a business genius, he's a grifter.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/columnists/mike-kelly/2020/01/24/donald-trump-still-owes-money-to-contractors-who-built-taj-mahal-atlantic-city/4547037002/

Yes. He also owes how many millions of dollars to cities all over the country for his rallies? Not paying his bills is his MO. It amazes me that anyone is willing to do business with him at this point.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5389 on: November 09, 2020, 09:11:44 AM »
Indeed!

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5390 on: November 09, 2020, 09:14:03 AM »

Some notes:

Sally Yates is on the Biden Transition Team, so I have high hopes.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5391 on: November 09, 2020, 09:15:07 AM »

Yes. He also owes how many millions of dollars to cities all over the country for his rallies? Not paying his bills is his MO. It amazes me that anyone is willing to do business with him at this point.

Something I learned yesterday;  Trump is soliciting donations for his "legal defense fund" - the reported purpose of said fund is to fight the election results in the four close battleground states (Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Nevada).  However, the fine print shows that up to 60% of donations may be used to pay off debt the Trump campaign incurred in the final weeks of the election.

Yes, you read that right.  Trump is asking his supporters to help pay off his debt while telling them their donations are for fighting a 'rigged' election in the courts.  This, after he promised to use his "vast fortune" of "at least TEN BILLION DOLLARS" to help self-fund his campaign.

He's going to milk his supporters for all he can before he slips out the back door.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5392 on: November 09, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »

Something I learned yesterday;  Trump is soliciting donations for his "legal defense fund" - the reported purpose of said fund is to fight the election results in the four close battleground states (Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Nevada).  However, the fine print shows that up to 60% of donations may be used to pay off debt the Trump campaign incurred in the final weeks of the election.

Yes, you read that right.  Trump is asking his supporters to help pay off his debt while telling them their donations are for fighting a 'rigged' election in the courts.  This, after he promised to use his "vast fortune" of "at least TEN BILLION DOLLARS" to help self-fund his campaign.

He's going to milk his supporters for all he can before he slips out the back door.

It's kind of genius.  His supporters all believe everything he says, and only get their news from sources that wouldn't report this  . . . so he's 100% protected.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5393 on: November 09, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »

This will never happen, but it would be beautiful if his followers saw the light and filed a class action lawsuit against him. I don't even think they would have a solid case, but it would be a beautiful thing to watch unfold.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5394 on: November 09, 2020, 09:23:25 AM »

This will never happen, but it would be beautiful if his followers saw the light and filed a class action lawsuit against him. I don't even think they would have a solid case, but it would be a beautiful thing to watch unfold.

Nope. It would be deemed their fault for not reading the fine print.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5395 on: November 09, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »

Nope. It would be deemed their fault for not reading the fine print.

And his most ardent supporters would praise him for being so ingenious at fundraising

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5396 on: November 09, 2020, 09:38:04 AM »
I'm just surprised he actually plans to pay off campaign debt.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5397 on: November 09, 2020, 09:39:06 AM »
I'm just surprised he actually plans to pay off campaign debt.

To be fair, it says "may be used for" and not "will be used for" :P

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5398 on: November 09, 2020, 10:01:37 AM »
I've been cautiously pleased at the lack of violence related to the election SO FAR, but I think if Trump starts holding rallies again, things could potentially go south in a big hurry. 

Here are some examples of the type of comment sprouting up among his base supporters (in this case, from RedState.com) in the past couple of days, as Trump's attempts to bring lawsuits start to be dismissed:

oldairman2000 • 3 hours ago

I think you hit the nail on the head. For months the opposition has telegraphed their intent. And it was in your face all the way. This election was the line in sand. And if we don't nip this in the bud now, we become the derided 'banana republic' of the many political cartoons l have read in my lifetime. The shear dangerousness of letting this stand by the institutions of our state, which the Founders designed to check usurpation of power, portends a bleak future for our republic. However, I am sad to say; I don't think the people in the Supreme Court, or the Republican dominated legislatures across the country have the strength of character to do the job that is necessary to nip this usurpation in the bud. It will probably take the spilling of blood some day to right course this republic is taking. And it will be ugly.

Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

Excelent article.

let me just say, out loud, what many here are saying, without actually coming out and saying it.

I WANT TO KILL THESE PEOPLE AND I WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE PULLING THE TRIGGER AND RISKING MY LIFE TO DO IT. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

zman37 Chuck M Lowe • 13 minutes ago • edited

Dude... you need to exercise a wee bit more discreetness and savvy.

littlehouse18 Chuck M Lowe • 21 minutes ago

Chuck, respectfully, please re-examine what you are saying publicly. You might want modify it.

csg40 Chuck M Lowe • 3 hours ago

I believe they want you to respond with violence and then Joe will send out the national guard and declare Marshall Law because he doesn't have any compunction about NOT following the law. If they let looting, murder, and destruction go on without stopping it, they have a plan for all out revolution. This is right out of the Marxist playbook.

CurtTX53 csg40 • 2 hours ago

But, will that help to wake the rest, our bodies laid out on the mall, the water red with our blood, will that do IT ? Or, will they just choose to not cover it. Whatever it is, it needs to be akin to the “shot heard around the world” ! Our call to action needs to be heard everywhere, world wide, not just heard while wandering here in RS, or in the wilderness.

Garciaszoo • 12 hours ago

Many many Patriots are ready but how to communicate, coordinate? I feel we should give the president into this coming week. I definitely see that Trump has the desire and ability to rain down enough legal hell to at least make sure the legal votes are counted. Past this timeframe, without some kind of definite positive communication from the president I'm not sure America can wait much longer before giving up/being absorbed into the evil. Many of us would rather die than cave but maybe many more will just give up. We don't have the luxury of time.

colonelflagg • 13 hours ago

Starting to run out of available boxes. If "ballot" is gone we only have the hard choice left.

riderdan • 13 hours ago

This article is spot on.

The question I keep repeatedly asking though is: what are we going to do about it? Are we going to trade two years of peace in our time for the death of the republic, or are we going to actually do something. And what might that something be?

One problem is that the citizenry is (possibly) willing to stand up against this blatant theft, but they need a rallying point. I'd be happy to drive to DC (or one of the places where this theft occurred) and stand in solidarity with Trump and Trump supporters. I'd (likely) be willing to show up with the appropriate implements to make our point as sharply as necessary. Indeed, I think it's likely that I'd be illing to put my body between my beloved home and the left's desolation. After all, I'm one of those who wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam for any amount, up to and including my life... though I was younger and more foolish then.

But one guy on the National Mall (or in Pennsylvania or wherever) isn't going to make any difference at all.

My hope is that President Trump is allowing the legal options to play out before calling for the armed citizenry to stand up against tyranny. Because he seems to be the only one with the stature to rally actual Americans to the cause of freedom.

EARNIT riderdan • 12 hours ago

enjoyed your post riderdan and my sentiments exactly...what are we going to do about it? Let’s hope the legal options expose to the nation the insurrection taking place before our very eyes. Otherwise...things will get ugly.

CurtTX53 EARNIT • 3 hours ago

“Otherwise...things will get ugly”

To all things there is a season, it is the ugly season, no doubt. Before the Dark Winter sets in, after all Joe, told us a Dark Winter is coming. But before we do the count and finish it, then expose the frauds, get the attorneys to do there jobs and then, if need be...

We go to those like riverdan and you, and on to the rally point, to be determined and to be announced. By the way, my vehicle is old and won’t make it, but I’m a good navigator and I can still shoot, but I cannot run, duck and roll, I do a pretty good, brief run, duck, drop and splat, as long as nothing breaks still good to go. So please count me in, do not leave me hanging on.

joeyf55 riderdan • 13 hours ago

I'm in. My health ain't great but I'm locked and loaded. Tell me where and when.

Last night there was also a comment (which must have been prudently removed since) listing several kinds of ammo, and noting how pretty the lamp-posts, bridges, and overpasses would look with 'new decorations' hanging from them.

I'm a little concerned, depending on what Trump does in the next month.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5399 on: November 09, 2020, 10:12:12 AM »
This is a great piece from the WaPo, an oral history of the various crises caused by Trump during his administration.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/elections/trump-opposition-oral-history/?itid=hp_dontmiss

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!