Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779139 times)

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5200 on: November 02, 2020, 03:41:22 PM »
I had a MAGAtard caravan roll through my street today, about 6 or 7 pickups with flags honking horns and they circled a few times.  Of course I went out and flipped them off.  Then it started to rain, on their parade, LOL.
I don't live where such a thing accurs.
I always have wanted to blast the Star Wars Imperial March at the neonazi "concerned citizens" when they march down a street.

In case you are not sure what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Gr7IFfoqI

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5201 on: November 02, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »

lol are you seriously chasing people throughout various threads accusing them of gaslighting based on a post three weeks ago?

It might be time to take a vacation.

Simply asking he do the decent thing.

Are you from the same mountain as me?

On the mountain I am from, if you tell someone they are off by nearly two orders of magnitude, a reputable person would have no problem demonstrating why, or admitting error.  You tell me if we’re on the same mountain

I was just wondering because it reminds me of how people from my mountain would follow cars home if they flipped them off on the highway.

Put yourself in my shoes.  You put out a number, someone says with a ton of snark you are way off, you double check your math, seems to check out, and post asking for clarification, and it goes completely ignored.  Would you not feel aggrieved?

Given that a huge problem of the political climate is an orange clown in the White House who has no respect for the facts, I would think his most ardent opponents would not deliberately leave their own falsehoods lying around without clarification

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5202 on: November 02, 2020, 04:04:31 PM »

lol are you seriously chasing people throughout various threads accusing them of gaslighting based on a post three weeks ago?

On the mountain I am from, if you tell someone they are off by nearly two orders of magnitude, a reputable person would have no problem demonstrating why, or admitting error.  You tell me if we’re on the same mountain

I was just wondering because it reminds me of how people from my mountain would follow cars home if they flipped them off on the highway.

Put yourself in my shoes.  You put out a number, someone says with a ton of snark you are way off, you double check your math, seems to check out, and post asking for clarification, and it goes completely ignored.  Would you not feel aggrieved?

Given that a huge problem of the political climate is an orange clown in the White House who has no respect for the facts, I would think his most ardent opponents would not deliberately leave their own falsehoods lying around without clarification

...is this your first time on the internet?

If you get this worked up every time you feel offended, you are going to lead an incredibly stressful life.

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5203 on: November 02, 2020, 04:10:07 PM »

If you get this worked up every time you feel offended, you are going to lead an incredibly stressful life.

Just to clarify, you are okay with hurtful lies being spread?

And no, I am going about the rest of my life as normal, not crying myself to sleep. 

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5204 on: November 02, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

And no, I am going about the rest of my life as normal, not crying myself to sleep.

Is that what I said?

I see why you are on people's ignore lists. Welcome to mine!

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5205 on: November 02, 2020, 04:15:10 PM »

Is that what I said?

Well it says a lot about you that if someone is defamed your first reaction is to call them overly sensitive
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 04:22:21 PM by Montecarlo »

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5206 on: November 02, 2020, 04:20:37 PM »

Well it says a lot about you that if someone is defamed your first reaction is to call them overly sensitive

Is that what I said?

That was a hurtful lie? Someone criticized your math, not your mom or your spouse or your kid.

I doubt you're going to get much satisfaction if your nemesis is ignoring you.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5207 on: November 02, 2020, 05:12:27 PM »
I...what? I think I agree with the blogger Gin and Tacos: at this point, POTUS is spraying verbal diarrhea to see what sticks.

Joe Biden is promising to delay the vaccine and turn America into a prison state—locking you in your home while letting far-left rioters roam free. The Biden Lockdown will mean no school, no graduations, no weddings, no Thanksgiving, no Christmas, no Fourth of July, and...

...no future for America’s youth. A vote for Biden is a vote for Lockdowns, Layoffs and Misery. Get out and VOTE tomorrow!

(Sources: Twitter part 1, Twitter part 2)

As usual he's doing a great job of projecting here.  All of these are happening right now.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5208 on: November 02, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »

This is a common reaction to this sort of situation where I'm from. That's why my first thought was that this is kindred.

rocketpj

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5209 on: November 02, 2020, 08:24:52 PM »

Sealion

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5210 on: November 03, 2020, 01:52:21 AM »
Curious what you mean when you say that the TPP (Trans-Pacific Partnership) failed because of EU street resistence.  To my knowledge it never included any EU nations
Sorry, Brainfuck. TTIP.
All those abbreviations...

Feivel2000

• Bristles
« Reply #5211 on: November 03, 2020, 03:45:18 AM »
Mind you... I am personally against all of these in some way, and I don't think they benefit our country in the manner that his supporters suppose they do (in particular things like ending the TPP/JCPOA and tariffs... but his supporters frequently point to these as way our country is "better" than it was in 2015.
Just want to point out that TPP failed because of EU street resistance, and it certainly was not good for the US - if by good you mean for the economy.

btw. just now the 3rd low flying plane in an hour just crossed above my head (old German-German border is used because low density of people), and I wonder if they train for something after your election...

I am pretty sure that TTIP didn't fail because of EU street resistance. Yes, there were huge protests against it (in Germany), but they would have pushed it through.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5212 on: November 03, 2020, 07:23:30 AM »
I was recalling four years ago when Donald Trump suddenly went silent on Twitter for more than a day before the election.

Why isn't he doing so this time? Last time, the silence was taken as a sign that he would lay aside his TV persona and become serious about living up to the office. I think it was a significant tie-breaker for many undecided voters (although I have never seen any polling to back up this belief).

Today, we know what we're getting. We know what he is. We know if that is acceptable to us.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5213 on: November 03, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »

https://www.signnow.com/fill-and-sign-pdf-form/30007-butthurt-report-pdf-form

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5214 on: November 03, 2020, 09:00:08 AM »
Apparently the nastiness has extended to the dead.

After a Trump Rally in Ann Arbor, Michian, graffiti was found on six headstones in a Jewish cemetery, including "TRUMP!" and "MAGA!"

What kind of person decides to deface headstones?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-maga-graffiti-defaces-jewish-cemetery-michigan-n1245930

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5215 on: November 03, 2020, 09:08:22 AM »

After a Trump Rally in Ann Arbor, Michian, graffiti was found on six headstones in a Jewish cemetery, including "TRUMP!" and "MAGA!"

Kids or adults acting like kids.

The cruelty is the point.

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5216 on: November 03, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »

21st century brown shirts.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #5217 on: November 03, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-maga-graffiti-defaces-jewish-cemetery-michigan-n1245930

This has been going on for the last four years.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5218 on: November 03, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »

Or white supremacist Trump supporters who found an easy way to kill two birds with one stone - praise Trump AND piss off Jewish people.

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5219 on: November 03, 2020, 10:12:32 AM »

Or white supremacist Trump supporters who found an easy way to kill two birds with one stone - praise Trump AND piss off Jewish people.

Oh, believe me, we're already pissed off. But we won't be intimidated. For many Jews, like any other group in America, this is our home and we won't let some half-cocked wannabe Nazis chase us out. The spray paint will be washed off and these goons will be forgotten by history.

John Galt incarnate!

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5220 on: November 03, 2020, 11:15:19 AM »

'Like local terrorism': Trump caravan roars into Marin City ...

sfchronicle

2 days ago

A caravan of flag-fluttering Trump partisans motored into a shopping mall parking lot in Marin City on Sunday morning. ... Marin City has had a strong African American presence since World War II, ...

Reportedly, some  of the Trump supporters called Marin City's Blacks  "nixxers."

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5221 on: November 03, 2020, 11:25:32 AM »

Oh, believe me, we're already pissed off. But we won't be intimidated. For many Jews, like any other group in America, this is our home and we won't let some half-cocked wannabe Nazis chase us out. The spray paint will be washed off and these goons will be forgotten by history.

I find the casual antisemitism on the internet these days to be really disturbing. I've never encountered this kind of behavior from Americans before. I bet Jewish Americans are really concerned by it right now.

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5222 on: November 03, 2020, 12:25:45 PM »

I find the casual antisemitism on the internet these days to be really disturbing. I've never encountered this kind of behavior from Americans before. I bet Jewish Americans are really concerned by it right now.

It's concerning, but unfortunately nothing new.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #5223 on: November 03, 2020, 01:42:08 PM »

'Like local terrorism': Trump caravan roars into Marin City ...

sfchronicle

2 days ago

A caravan of flag-fluttering Trump partisans motored into a shopping mall parking lot in Marin City on Sunday morning. ... Marin City has had a strong African American presence since World War II, ...

Reportedly, some  of the Trump supporters called Marin City's Blacks  "nixxers."

Hey, if they are going to be hateful own it! Might as well let the world know what a piece of crap they are.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5224 on: November 03, 2020, 03:47:17 PM »

Agreed. The threats and acts of vandalism at our Temple have gone up, but they were never zero and we always had police presence there, with big increases during the High Holy Days (and this week actually).

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5225 on: November 03, 2020, 03:57:20 PM »

Agreed. The threats and acts of vandalism at our Temple have gone up, but they were never zero and we always had police presence there, with big increases during the High Holy Days (and this week actually).

Sorry to hear that- and I hope you all stay safe. In high school I worked as a janitor at a nearby temple and security was always top of mind. After one too many threats, they shelled out for traffic barriers, cameras, security guards on High Holy Days... the works. Mind you this was a decade ago, before Trump took office. It's since gotten worse.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5226 on: November 03, 2020, 04:40:30 PM »
Well, here we go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/11/03/election-ballot-delays-usps/

The U.S. Postal Service turned down a federal judge’s order late Tuesday afternoon to sweep mail processing facilities serving 15 states, saying instead it would stick to its own inspection schedule. The court order came after the agency disclosed that more than 300,000 ballots nationwide could not be traced.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5227 on: November 04, 2020, 12:33:22 AM »
For anyone who predicted he'd declare victory and claim fraud at the same time - you win.  We just endured his White House speech here in the office and he's claiming victory in states that have only scratched the surface of vote counting because he doesn't want anything else counted.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5228 on: November 04, 2020, 12:38:05 AM »
For anyone who predicted he'd declare victory and claim fraud at the same time - you win.  We just endured his White House speech here in the office and he's claiming victory in states that have only scratched the surface of vote counting because he doesn't want anything else counted.

Yeah, it's a weird argument.

"We've already won...and we're taking it to the Supreme Court."

Edit: Foxnews (and Pence) didn't sink to Trump's level, thankfully.

Quote from: foxnews
Trump claims victory despite undecided states, hints SCOTUS action
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 12:41:31 AM by bacchi »

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5229 on: November 04, 2020, 12:53:05 AM »

Yeah, it's a weird argument.

"We've already won...and we're taking it to the Supreme Court."

Edit: Foxnews (and Pence) didn't sink to Trump's level, thankfully.

Quote from: foxnews
Trump claims victory despite undecided states, hints SCOTUS action

He'd come off looking strange(r) if he'd spent the last year predicting widespread fraud and it didn't happen. He pretty much has to keep talking about it just to keep the story going.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5230 on: November 04, 2020, 01:57:22 AM »
Mind you... I am personally against all of these in some way, and I don't think they benefit our country in the manner that his supporters suppose they do (in particular things like ending the TPP/JCPOA and tariffs... but his supporters frequently point to these as way our country is "better" than it was in 2015.
Just want to point out that TPP failed because of EU street resistance, and it certainly was not good for the US - if by good you mean for the economy.

btw. just now the 3rd low flying plane in an hour just crossed above my head (old German-German border is used because low density of people), and I wonder if they train for something after your election...

I am pretty sure that TTIP didn't fail because of EU street resistance. Yes, there were huge protests against it (in Germany), but they would have pushed it through.
Let's just say I have insider information ;) The word used in parliament was "poisened". It was still awfully close, and the funny point is that the pro-TTIP people dug their own grave by continuing to lie. Like saying A won't come when A was clearly written in the documents.
The good old time when clear lies actually made people go against you LOL

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5231 on: November 04, 2020, 04:59:02 AM »
If Trump wins I'm going to scrub my political facebook posts. I'm a federal employee and who knows how deep the political purge will go. Many talented and dedicated people in government are already gone due to lack of "loyalty" to trump. I think if he wins, people will need to hide their political affiliations to keep their career.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 05:00:52 AM by partgypsy »

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5232 on: November 04, 2020, 06:01:02 AM »
I was appalled by Trump in 2015. This right here is the reason I left my Republican registration alone.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5233 on: November 04, 2020, 06:49:36 AM »
If Trump wins I'm going to scrub my political facebook posts. I'm a federal employee and who knows how deep the political purge will go. Many talented and dedicated people in government are already gone due to lack of "loyalty" to trump. I think if he wins, people will need to hide their political affiliations to keep their career.

Unfortunately, I suspect that it's already too late.  I'd be very surprised if detailed records of the personal communications of every US government employee are not already kept on file.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5234 on: November 04, 2020, 07:04:03 AM »

Unfortunately, I suspect that it's already too late.  I'd be very surprised if detailed records of the personal communications of every US government employee are not already kept on file.
And Trump cronies will be in charge of the Attorney General's Office, Homeland Security and the FBI.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5235 on: November 04, 2020, 07:27:58 AM »

And Trump cronies will be in charge of the Attorney General's Office, Homeland Security and the FBI.

But do it anyway. You can always claim that you saw the light.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5236 on: November 04, 2020, 07:36:15 AM »

yep. Democracy. A good experiment.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5237 on: November 04, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »

There . . . are . . . FOUR . . . lights!

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5238 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:30 AM »
Excellent reference

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5239 on: November 04, 2020, 11:22:19 AM »

Wow, so many layers of meaning on this, thank you!

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5240 on: November 04, 2020, 11:31:49 AM »

Seemed apropos when considering what a Republican led 'loyalty/purge' interrogation would be like.

:P

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5241 on: November 04, 2020, 01:28:14 PM »

Seemed apropos when considering what a Republican led 'loyalty/purge' interrogation would be like.

And which answers were true?
Oh, they were all true!
Even the lies?
Especially the lies!

- kudos to Garak, slipperiest tailor of the whole Alpha Quadrant.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #5242 on: November 04, 2020, 02:32:50 PM »

Oh, they were all true!
Even the lies?
Especially the lies!

Holy cow folks, my google engine is overheating trying to figure out what y'all are talking about

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5243 on: November 04, 2020, 02:39:00 PM »

Oh, they were all true!
Even the lies?
Especially the lies!

Holy cow folks, my google engine is overheating trying to figure out what y'all are talking about

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. The most consistently good Trek show (fight me!)

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #5244 on: November 04, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »

Oh, they were all true!
Even the lies?
Especially the lies!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_Command_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Look to the references to four/five lights in the episode synopsis.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5245 on: November 04, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »

Oh, they were all true!
Even the lies?
Especially the lies!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_Command_(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

Look to the references to four/five lights in the episode synopsis.

Both. "Four Lights" is from Chain of Command, Garak is a recurring character in DS9 and that quote is from The Wire.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5246 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:11 PM »
Wait was Picard on ds9? I remember he was being tortured and with the lights question, maybe by cardassians?

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5247 on: November 04, 2020, 03:38:01 PM »
Wait was Picard on ds9? I remember he was being tortured and with the lights question, maybe by cardassians?

There were a few crossover episodes because TNG and DS9 were on-air at the same time. This one was technically on TNG, but yes it was the Cardassians torturing him.

Psychstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5248 on: November 04, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »

There were a few crossover episodes because TNG and DS9 were on-air at the same time. This one was technically on TNG, but yes it was the Cardassians torturing him.

Yes, that's correct. I was referencing the garak attribution for DS9, but chain of command was from TNG.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5249 on: November 04, 2020, 05:40:50 PM »
gotcha. I think all females remember the Picard torture scene.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!