Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 778942 times)

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #4850 on: October 20, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
Heard Trump just walked off the 60 Minutes interview.  Will be fun to see how they edit and include things.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4851 on: October 20, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
Heard Trump just walked off the 60 Minutes interview.  Will be fun to see how they edit and include things.

And then tweeted about Lesley Stahl not wearing a mask in the White House...but I thought he didn't want people to wear masks in his house?

I hope they air the unedited mess in its entirety.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4852 on: October 20, 2020, 03:48:22 PM »
No.  He gets a pension of $219,200 per year for life.  Isn't that great for 4 years of work?

Won’t matter what his pension is when he’s earning 0.86 cents a day in the Big House.

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4853 on: October 20, 2020, 05:07:56 PM »
In 2017, Donald Trump and Wisconsin's governor, Scott Walker, announced tax incentives for Foxconn to open an LCD factory in Wisconsin.      This factory was to employ 30,000 workers and cost 10B USD to construct.   

Today, 2% of the 20,000,000 sq ft factory has been completed and they are employing 281 people.   They don't have real work to do, so they spend their time watching Netflix.

Last month, Donald Trump appeared on Wisconsin TV news stating that Foxconn had built “one of the most incredible plants I’ve ever seen,” and that if he is re-elected he will make it come good. “If we win the election, Foxconn is going to come into our country with money like no other company has come into our country.”

Source:   https://www.theregister.com/2020/10/20/wisconsin_foxconn_factory/

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4854 on: October 20, 2020, 05:13:47 PM »
A minor thing perhaps with how low Trump has brought our expectations of the presidency, but yesterday he was bragging to his supporters about how he could illegally bribe energy executives into donating to his campaign "if he wanted to".

All I have to do is call up the head of every Wall Street firm, head of every major company, the head of every major energy company, ‘Do me a favor, send me $10 million for my campaign.’ ‘Yes, sir.’ They say the only thing is, ‘Why didn't you ask for more, sir?’

Don't forget, I'm not bad at that stuff anyway, and I'm president. So I call some guy, the head of Exxon. I call the head of Exxon. I don't know. 'How are you doing? How’s energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits?' When I call the head of Exxon I say, ‘You know, I'd love [for you] to send me $25 million for the campaign.’ ‘Absolutely sir.’ I will hit a home run every single call. I would raise a billion dollars in one day if I wanted to. I don't want to do that.

Leaving aside just how utterly pathetic Trump's head conversations are, let's not forget that this is literally what he was impeached for doing to the Ukraine. But the Senate Republicans decided to acquit him without hearing evidence. And how he's bragging about how he could do it again if he wanted to, to the adoring cheers of his fans of course.
I wonder if the CEOs of Exxons etc. are now required by law to an official announcement that they did (not) do this. There is a lot of stuff listed companies have to do. (btw. I love the word "profit warning".)

Actually, Exxon just made an announcement that they didn't actually have this conversation with him.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4855 on: October 20, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
In 2017, Donald Trump and Wisconsin's governor, Scott Walker, announced tax incentives for Foxconn to open an LCD factory in Wisconsin.      This factory was to employ 30,000 workers and cost 10B USD to construct.   

Today, 2% of the 20,000,000 sq ft factory has been completed and they are employing 281 people.   They don't have real work to do, so they spend their time watching Netflix.

Last month, Donald Trump appeared on Wisconsin TV news stating that Foxconn had built “one of the most incredible plants I’ve ever seen,” and that if he is re-elected he will make it come good. “If we win the election, Foxconn is going to come into our country with money like no other company has come into our country.”

Source:   https://www.theregister.com/2020/10/20/wisconsin_foxconn_factory/

<deadpan> Wow, I am so surprised that Foxconn can build products cheaper in China. </deadpan>

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4856 on: October 21, 2020, 03:25:44 AM »
A minor thing perhaps with how low Trump has brought our expectations of the presidency, but yesterday he was bragging to his supporters about how he could illegally bribe energy executives into donating to his campaign "if he wanted to".

All I have to do is call up the head of every Wall Street firm, head of every major company, the head of every major energy company, ‘Do me a favor, send me $10 million for my campaign.’ ‘Yes, sir.’ They say the only thing is, ‘Why didn't you ask for more, sir?’

Don't forget, I'm not bad at that stuff anyway, and I'm president. So I call some guy, the head of Exxon. I call the head of Exxon. I don't know. 'How are you doing? How’s energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits?' When I call the head of Exxon I say, ‘You know, I'd love [for you] to send me $25 million for the campaign.’ ‘Absolutely sir.’ I will hit a home run every single call. I would raise a billion dollars in one day if I wanted to. I don't want to do that.

Leaving aside just how utterly pathetic Trump's head conversations are, let's not forget that this is literally what he was impeached for doing to the Ukraine. But the Senate Republicans decided to acquit him without hearing evidence. And how he's bragging about how he could do it again if he wanted to, to the adoring cheers of his fans of course.
I wonder if the CEOs of Exxons etc. are now required by law to an official announcement that they did (not) do this. There is a lot of stuff listed companies have to do. (btw. I love the word "profit warning".)

Actually, Exxon just made an announcement that they didn't actually have this conversation with him.
Thought so. But the real question now is if the stock price has gone up or down after this? I am not sure about the timing, but it looks like it dropped after Trump but nothing happened with the announcement, means everyone knows it is meaningless.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4857 on: October 21, 2020, 06:21:22 AM »
For all the crap Carter had to put up from the Republicans - the Carters have been really good people all these years.

I was raised by committed Democrats in the 1980s, and even they taught me that Carter was a bad President. A lot of Democrats were slow to forgive him for failing to keep Reagan out of the WH.

I think with the passage of time we came to appreciate that he was handed a set of insoluble challenges and that he was a principled man truly motivated by a calling to serve. That latter thing may have been a liability when he assumed the better of others too often, for example when dealing with Iran, or trying to motivate people to wear sweaters inside during winter.

But I will confess my eyes were opened by the scene in the movie "Miracle" that includes a speech by him. It was the first time I'd ever heard him be truly motivational and inspiring. Part of me would like to have that in the White House again. The other part of me realizes that I am mature enough to recognize that politicians will probably all disappoint me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:30:05 AM by talltexan »

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4858 on: October 21, 2020, 06:50:42 AM »
If anyone has done absentee ballots and wants to check to make sure your ballot was received, go to this website and put in your information. I just checked mine and the Hubs and was received the day I put them in the box in front of our town hall.

https://www.betterknowaballot.com/

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4859 on: October 21, 2020, 07:15:26 AM »
For all the crap Carter had to put up from the Republicans - the Carters have been really good people all these years.

I was raised by committed Democrats in the 1980s, and even they taught me that Carter was a bad President. A lot of Democrats were slow to forgive him for failing to keep Reagan out of the WH.

I think with the passage of time we came to appreciate that he was handed a set of insoluble challenges and that he was a principled man truly motivated by a calling to serve. That latter thing may have been a liability when he assumed the better of others too often, for example when dealing with Iran, or trying to motivate people to wear sweaters inside during winter.

But I will confess my eyes were opened by the scene in the movie "Miracle" that includes a speech by him. It was the first time I'd ever heard him be truly motivational and inspiring. Part of me would like to have that in the White House again. The other part of me realizes that I am mature enough to recognize that politicians will probably all disappoint me.

Carter's biggest failing was in asking Americans to band together to become stronger as a country and to face huge problems that were coming in the future.  America never forgave him that transgression.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4860 on: October 21, 2020, 07:21:26 AM »

Carter's biggest failing was in asking Americans to band together to become stronger as a country and to face huge problems that were coming in the future.  America never forgave him that transgression.

Well then, Biden's campaign is probably fucked. That's the theme of his new ad. https://youtu.be/n2Xufahbaq4
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 07:31:27 AM by OtherJen »

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4861 on: October 21, 2020, 07:25:28 AM »

Well then, Biden's campaign is probably fucked. That's the theme of his new ad. https://youtu.be/n2Xufahbaq4

Key difference is that Carter was serious.  Biden is a centrist who dislikes change.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4862 on: October 21, 2020, 07:31:04 AM »

Key difference is that Carter was serious.  Biden is a centrist who dislikes change.

Carter also refused to participate in the first 1980 presidential debate and made a poor showing in the second. That certainly didn't help him. Forty years ago, the debates weren't competing with hundreds of other channels or media options for eyeballs.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4863 on: October 21, 2020, 07:35:46 AM »
Trump did poorly in his debates against Sec. Clinton and still won the election.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #4864 on: October 21, 2020, 07:37:36 AM »

The more I think about it, the more Trump really lines up with Jimmy Carter on a lot of things.

They both were "outsiders" in their respective primaries.
They both won their presidencies by about 3 states. (Carter won by a 2 state margin OH and WI with a margin of about 46k votes total)
Carter won back the South for the democrats one last time before they shifted back to being straight GOP states.
They both really had no idea how Washington worked or how to get things done.
They both refused to engage with the legislature.

They both got little to nothing done in their 4 years.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4865 on: October 21, 2020, 07:39:00 AM »
Trump did poorly in his debates against Sec. Clinton and still won the election.

I'm well aware. I watched all three of them in 2016. It's why I don't understand why so many people are predicting that Biden will win. I fully expect Trump to eke out another victory. I'm doing everything I can to avoid that outcome, but I expect another 4 years (and then a pitched battle to prevent a third term, assuming that he survives another 4 years on his poor diet and health).

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4866 on: October 21, 2020, 07:41:28 AM »
If anyone has done absentee ballots and wants to check to make sure your ballot was received, go to this website and put in your information. I just checked mine and the Hubs and was received the day I put them in the box in front of our town hall.

https://www.betterknowaballot.com/

Wow I had heard colbert pumping his site on his show, but I hadn't visited it until now.  They did a great job.  I just checked and me and my wife's ballots were received by my local clerk. 

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4867 on: October 21, 2020, 07:43:18 AM »

Yep. If you want to know what he's either actually doing or wants to do, listen to what he accuses others of doing. He always, always projects his less savory thoughts and actions.

Absolutely true.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4868 on: October 21, 2020, 08:09:33 AM »
From the Associated Press:
How Trump plowed through $1 billion, losing cash advantage

Such a very stable genius. A few gems of campaign spending:

Other questionable expenditures by Trump and the RNC that are included in campaign finance disclosures:

— Nearly $100,000 spent on copies of Donald Trump Jr.’s book “Triggered,” which helped propel it to the top of the New York Times bestsellers list.

— Over $7.4 million spent at Trump-branded properties since 2017.

— At least $35.9 million spent on Trump merchandise.

— $39 million in legal and “compliance” fees. In addition to tapping the RNC and his campaign to pay legal costs during his impeachment proceedings, Trump has also relied on his political operation to cover legal costs for some aides.

— At least $15.1 million spent on the Republican National Convention. The event was supposed to be in Charlotte, North Carolina, but Trump relocated it to Jacksonville, Florida, after a dispute with North Carolina’s Democratic governor over coronavirus safety measures. The Florida event was ultimately canceled, with a mostly online convention taking its place. Disclosures show the RNC still spent $1 million at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island, near Jacksonville.

— $912,000 spent on ads that ran on the personal Facebook pages of Parscale and Trump spokesperson Katrina Pierson.

— A $250,000 ad run during Game 7 of the 2019 World Series, which came after Trump was booed by spectators when he attended Game 5.

— At least $218,000 for Trump surrogates to travel aboard private jets provided by campaign donors.

— $1.6 million on TV ads in the Washington, D.C., media market, an overwhelmingly Democratic area where Trump has little chance of winning but where he is a regular TV watcher.

He's such a savvy businessman. He hires the best people.

Sanitary Stache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4869 on: October 21, 2020, 09:19:43 AM »
How did this not make the list
"Meanwhile, a web of limited liability companies hid more than $356 million in spending from disclosure, records show."

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4870 on: October 21, 2020, 09:29:40 AM »

Kennedy said (going from memory here) "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country".   He was also rumoured to have had a bunch of affairs, just more discrete than Trump.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4871 on: October 21, 2020, 09:36:59 AM »
How did this not make the list
"Meanwhile, a web of limited liability companies hid more than $356 million in spending from disclosure, records show."

*shrugs* I just copied/pasted the handy list of ridiculousness further down the page. I figured that most people would read the first paragraph or two.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4872 on: October 21, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
I couldn't find out whether any of his campaign spending actually involved paying off the debts for his rallies over the last 2 years: Trump campaign hasn't paid $2 million in police bills, report (From August 2020)

Apparently not, since Tucson is still trying to get the Trump campaign to pay up for a rally back in 2016: Tucson Mayor to Trump campaign: You owe us money (article date: October 16, 2020)

Sanitary Stache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4873 on: October 21, 2020, 09:43:56 AM »
@OtherJen I guessed that as I read on and saw the list you posted.  I actually went to read the article because that list didn't add up to most of a billion. I wanted to see where the real money was spent and it looks like it was funneled into the pockets of the Trumps.  I can't wait to see the movie that summarizes this fraud in a thoroughly factual and convincing way.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #4874 on: October 21, 2020, 10:01:42 AM »
One thing that I am surprised did not get much attention in the media was a portion of Trumps Erie PA rally where he said the following.

“But Kamala, Kamala, by the way, she will not be your first woman president. She will not be. Can’t let that happen. There’ll be a woman president. You can not let that happen.”

In the video the way he said it came across more as saying we could not allow a woman to be president VS a dig at Kamala.

Wish I had a video clip to post of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4875 on: October 21, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »
“But Kamala, Kamala, by the way, she will not be your first woman president. She will not be. Can’t let that happen. There’ll be a woman president. You can not let that happen.”

In the video the way he said it came across more as saying we could not allow a woman to be president VS a dig at Kamala.

Eh, that sounds to me like just a dig at Kamela. I don't really expect that a woman can get the Republican nomination, however I won't be too surprised if 2024 is Nikki Haley vs Kamela Harris. I'd say that Trump is just saying that they need the first woman president to be Republican. They'd love to actually have fuel for a "Democrats are the real sexists" talking point, just like they're currently dredging up the Civil War for their "Democrats are the real racists" talking point.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #4876 on: October 21, 2020, 10:11:24 AM »
You are probably right, just seemed like an odd choice of words considering everyone saying he needs the female vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samuel

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4877 on: October 21, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
Yeah, that's not him being anti-woman that's him playing up the idea that Biden is a milquetoast Trojan horse and "radical progressive" Harris will be the real power even before Biden resigns or drops dead and elevates her to the presidency.

Trump would love a female president as long as she's a properly reverential Trumpish Republican and not running against his legacy. And ideally named Ivanka.

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #4878 on: October 21, 2020, 11:07:05 AM »
Trump would love a female president as long as she's a properly reverential Trumpish Republican and not running against his legacy. And ideally named Ivanka.

Yeah, that's definitely Trump's fantasy. I think the rest of the GOP is putting their money on Nikki Haley although she may not be radical enough for a 2024 run.   

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4879 on: October 21, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4880 on: October 21, 2020, 12:51:31 PM »
Why do so many big political names have so much baggage? Is it impossible to be "normal" and a politician at the same time?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4881 on: October 21, 2020, 12:52:22 PM »

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #4882 on: October 21, 2020, 12:58:53 PM »
Why do so many big political names have so much baggage? Is it impossible to be "normal" and a politician at the same time?

Well there's like 550 political officials on the federal level and another 50 governors that can usually make national news as well. (State politicians can make the news, but it has to be realllly juicy.)

So I guess having 5 or so politicians a year make news for their baggage shouldn't be unexpected. What's surprising is when despite their baggage, they continue to be members of congress or the news cycle for years on end. Usually it seems the D's go into obscurity, but R's seem to hang around a lot longer despite their scandals.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4883 on: October 21, 2020, 02:20:30 PM »
Is it impossible to be "normal" and a politician at the same time?

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy may have captured it best:

The major problem - one of the major problems, for there are several - one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well known fact, that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4884 on: October 21, 2020, 03:59:00 PM »

Other questionable expenditures by Trump and the RNC that are included in campaign finance disclosures:

— Nearly $100,000 spent on copies of Donald Trump Jr.’s book “Triggered,” which helped propel it to the top of the New York Times bestsellers list.

— $39 million in legal and “compliance” fees. In addition to tapping the RNC and his campaign to pay legal costs during his impeachment proceedings, Trump has also relied on his political operation to cover legal costs for some aides.

— At least $15.1 million spent on the Republican National Convention. The event was supposed to be in Charlotte, North Carolina, but Trump relocated it to Jacksonville, Florida, after a dispute with North Carolina’s Democratic governor over coronavirus safety measures. The Florida event was ultimately canceled, with a mostly online convention taking its place. Disclosures show the RNC still spent $1 million at the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island, near Jacksonville.

— $912,000 spent on ads that ran on the personal Facebook pages of Parscale and Trump spokesperson Katrina Pierson.

— A $250,000 ad run during Game 7 of the 2019 World Series, which came after Trump was booed by spectators when he attended Game 5.

— At least $218,000 for Trump surrogates to travel aboard private jets provided by campaign donors.

— $1.6 million on TV ads in the Washington, D.C., media market, an overwhelmingly Democratic area where Trump has little chance of winning but where he is a regular TV watcher.

He's been openly using the RNC as his personal slush fund and keeping his properties afloat since day 1. None of this is new, and nobody in the RNC cares.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #4885 on: October 21, 2020, 04:21:05 PM »

He's been openly using the RNC as his personal slush fund and keeping his properties afloat since day 1. None of this is new, and nobody in the RNC cares.
Michael Steele seemed to care, though he is a few years out of RNC leadership.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-steele-former-rnc-chairman-endorses-joe-biden/

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4886 on: October 21, 2020, 04:40:11 PM »

<snip>

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-steele-former-rnc-chairman-endorses-joe-biden/

Will they they cut him loose in a few months? And will he form a 3rd party based on nationalism and Deep State conspiracies?

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4887 on: October 21, 2020, 06:10:23 PM »

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4888 on: October 21, 2020, 07:04:48 PM »
On my bingo card is trump using the phone/text emergency system for some stupid thing before he leaves office.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4889 on: October 21, 2020, 09:44:24 PM »
He’s still hoping for a Comey-style October surprise. Isn’t this illegal or something?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-wray-biden-barr/2020/10/21/6ce69f02-13b0-11eb-ad6f-36c93e6e94fb_story.html

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4891 on: October 22, 2020, 06:59:34 AM »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #4892 on: October 22, 2020, 07:28:45 AM »

<snip>

Will they they cut him loose in a few months? And will he form a 3rd party based on nationalism and Deep State conspiracies?

The RNC will start caring if/when they lose the Senate and WH. 
Almost everyone within the party has been fine with the Trump show so long as they got their judges and had McConnell as a steadfast fireblock from any Democratic legislation.  If that evaporates in January there's going to be a reckoning within the GOP, and I predict many within the party will turn on Trump, nad lots and lots of dirty laundry will be aired in public.

"Success has many fathers, failure is an orphan"

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4893 on: October 22, 2020, 08:02:32 AM »
What the actual fuck.

Voters In Florida And Alaska Receive Emails Warning 'Vote For Trump Or Else!'

It was Iran! https://www.npr.org/2020/10/21/926445682/u-s-blames-iran-for-threatening-election-emails-says-russia-may-interfere-too

I wonder if Trump gave them something for their support, or if they just see that Trump is destroying America and want to keep the free gift going.

I don't understand this, because I cannot see how Trump continuing as President is good for Iran. They liked things better under the JCPOA much more than this shitshow.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4894 on: October 22, 2020, 08:36:13 AM »
I don't understand this, because I cannot see how Trump continuing as President is good for Iran. They liked things better under the JCPOA much more than this shitshow.

I’m not saying what he told me in their briefing, I can tell you that from the briefing I had the strong impression it was much rather to undermine confidence in elections and not aimed at any particular figure, but rather to undermine the very wellspring of our democracy.

That was my strong impression at the meeting. I did not get the impression it was aimed at any political figure, and I’m surprised that DNI Ratcliffe said that at this press conference.

- Chuck Schumer

PathtoFIRE

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4895 on: October 22, 2020, 09:44:36 AM »
His team is still trying to fabricate another He’s still hoping for a Comey-style October surprise. Isn’t this illegal or something?

Remember, the 2016 one was a direct fabrication using a few legitimate data points (a laptop with some archived emails), the lack of transparency about what was actually in those emails or what other info was on the laptop (direct orders from the top to perform a forensic analysis of the laptop were delayed for 3 weeks I believe by local officials), and the relatively rogue NY FBI field office +Giuliani using this info to pressure Comey into getting ahead of the issue by announcing (and quickly "concluding") an investigation. Comey deserves scorn, but he was also being played by Trump operatives, and they've been trying (mostly unsuccessfully so far) to repeat their previous achievement.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4896 on: October 22, 2020, 09:58:21 AM »
His team is still trying to fabricate another He’s still hoping for a Comey-style October surprise. Isn’t this illegal or something?

Remember, the 2016 one was a direct fabrication using a few legitimate data points (a laptop with some archived emails), the lack of transparency about what was actually in those emails or what other info was on the laptop (direct orders from the top to perform a forensic analysis of the laptop were delayed for 3 weeks I believe by local officials), and the relatively rogue NY FBI field office +Giuliani using this info to pressure Comey into getting ahead of the issue by announcing (and quickly "concluding") an investigation. Comey deserves scorn, but he was also being played by Trump operatives, and they've been trying (mostly unsuccessfully so far) to repeat their previous achievement.

Yeah, it's a weak repeat of 2016. Not very creative and the setup feels rushed (although the initial email screenshot/PDF was made in Sept 2019, so there was some planning).

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4897 on: October 22, 2020, 10:11:40 AM »
Haven't watched it, but he followed through on his threat to post his video of the 60 Minutes interview (and apparently broke his agreement with CBS in doing so):

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/522254-trump-posts-full-60-minutes-interview-showing-him-walking-out

Good times. What's the over/under on his participation in the debate tonight? He's still squawking about how tonight's moderator is far worse than Lesley Stahl.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4898 on: October 22, 2020, 10:15:21 AM »
Haven't watched it, but he followed through on his threat to post his video of the 60 Minutes interview (and apparently broke his agreement with CBS in doing so):

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/522254-trump-posts-full-60-minutes-interview-showing-him-walking-out

Good times. What's the over/under on his participation in the debate tonight? He's still squawking about how tonight's moderator is far worse than Lesley Stahl.

Interesting. I just watched the last couple minutes of the video. He sounds really awful (Covid is clearly still affecting his throat), and he looks like a petulant child, of course.

My guess? He'll do the debate tonight but spend a ton of time whining/bitching at/to the moderator about how awful she is, how unfair she is to him, how unfair Leslie Stahl was, "And if you look at the video, and if you look at all the horrible, horrible things, and how unfairly I'm treated by..." etc. etc.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #4899 on: October 22, 2020, 10:19:19 AM »

With Trump, it’s gotten to the point where anytime he spends time calling someone “terrible” or other similar, negative superlative I think to myself: Now that’s someone who’s probably worth paying attention to!

“Insulted by Trump” should be listed on many CVs in the near future.