Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 779334 times)

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #4750 on: October 12, 2020, 12:55:17 PM »
He's made comments def not only is he entitled to a 2nd term, but maybe more than that.

9/13/20 "And 52 days from now we're going to win Nevada, and we're going to win four more years in the White House," Trump told the mostly maskless, non-socially-distant crowd of his supporters on Saturday. "And then after that, we'll negotiate, right? Because we're probably — based on the way we were treated — we are probably entitled to another four after that."

8/2020 "We are going to win four more years," Trump said at a rally in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on Monday. "And then after that, we'll go for another four years because they spied on my campaign. We should get a redo of four years."

In addition to saying he likes the ring of "president for life" and that he will be in office 10-14 years, that he's due an extra 2 years because of "distractions from the Mueller investigation" etc

https://theweek.com/speedreads/852099/trump-just-joked-about-being-president-life--6th-time

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4751 on: October 12, 2020, 02:39:23 PM »
In early 2017 I was making the prediction that Trump would try for and be elected to a third term. Not because I liked that he was President, but because I sensed within him a willingness to shatter norms and legal precedents when he felt they were impairing his goals.

OzzieandHarriet

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4752 on: October 12, 2020, 05:02:57 PM »
In early 2017 I was making the prediction that Trump would try for and be elected to a third term. Not because I liked that he was President, but because I sensed within him a willingness to shatter norms and legal precedents when he felt they were impairing his goals.

His goals being .... to rake in cash and stay out of prison?

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4753 on: October 12, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
Anyone following the NYT series on Trump’s finances? This all sounds shady as hell. Also clear that he has not been rich in quite a while.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/09/us/donald-trump-taxes-las-vegas.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

If it weren't for Covid, the SCOTUS vacancy, the attempted kidnapping of Gov. Whitmer, another hurricane striking Louisianna and the unprecedented scope of this year's wildfires - I think these latest developments about Trump's finances would be getting a ton more airtime.

In the last few weeks we've learned Trump
  • Got a $21MM tax break based on a highly questionable assessment of his VA property by a private company with close ties to the Trump Organization
  • Paid just $750 in taxes in '16 and '17
  • Paid zero taxes in 10 of the last 15 years
  • Has almost $300MM in unsecured loans coming due in the next few years
  • Is under investigation for a $72.9MM tax refund
  • His marque properties in Doral,FL, Turnberry, SCotland and Washington DC are all running deeply in the red, each to the tune of tens of million$

Struggling despite his insistence that the USSS and the campaign stay there as often as possible. There are countless examples of the past three years of Trump using the taxpayer and his reelection campaign to subsidize his businesses.

Latest installment: you want a job or political favor, drop some money on the golf course.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #4754 on: October 12, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
Holy cow, took a small gander at Trump's Florida rally and it was a stadium packed with people shoulder to shoulder, not wearing masks, and cheering/chanting/yelling!  SNL said it best, Trump can survive a near-death experience and learn nothing from it - it's like watching someone smoke through the hole in their throat... 

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4755 on: October 12, 2020, 10:11:01 PM »
^Lol, yep.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4756 on: October 13, 2020, 02:40:59 AM »
Holy cow, took a small gander at Trump's Florida rally and it was a stadium packed with people shoulder to shoulder, not wearing masks, and cheering/chanting/yelling!  SNL said it best, Trump can survive a near-death experience and learn nothing from it - it's like watching someone smoke through the hole in their throat...

He didn't survive it. He clearly beat it, stomped it, and proved how biologically gifted and awesome he is. He'll tell you all about it.

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4757 on: October 13, 2020, 03:55:44 AM »
? What?? He did learn! That Corona cannot kill him!

I am just not sure if I should call this confirmation bias or survivor bias or surviver confirmation bias.

economista

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4758 on: October 13, 2020, 06:33:29 AM »

Yes, but he only cares about himself - not about his constituents. He has been told that he is immune so therefore there is no reason for any precautions at his events. He even made a big deal of it during his speech at the rally and he said he would walk through the crowd and kiss all the people, because covid can't hurt him anymore.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4759 on: October 13, 2020, 08:16:29 AM »
We already tried having a President who'd kiss all sorts of people...it didn't end so well! (except for briefly balancing the budget)

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #4760 on: October 13, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
We already tried having a President who'd kiss all sorts of people...it didn't end so well! (except for briefly balancing the budget)

What do you mean by "it didn't end so well"?  Are you referring to what happened to him, personally? Or how the policies impacted the US?

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4761 on: October 13, 2020, 09:33:57 AM »
Trump was right! There will be voting frauds everywhere! It's already starting, just look, here:

https://www.ocregister.com/2020/10/11/unofficial-ballot-drop-boxes-popping-up-throughout-the-state-worry-elections-officials/
In a photo posted to social media last week, a young man wearing a mask with Orange County congressional candidate Michelle Steel’s name on it is holding a mail ballot and giving a thumbs up next to a box about the size of a file cabinet labeled “Official ballot drop off box.”

The post, from Jordan Tygh, a regional field director for the California Republican Party, encouraged people to message him for “convenient locations” to drop their own ballots.

The problem is the drop box in the photo is not official – and it could be against the law.

The California Secretary of State has received reports in recent days about possible unauthorized ballot drop boxes in Fresno, Los Angeles and Orange counties, agency spokesman Sam Mahood said Sunday evening. Reports place such boxes at local political party offices, candidate headquarters and churches.

Also, not surprisingly:

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4762 on: October 13, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »

Yes, but he only cares about himself - not about his constituents. He has been told that he is immune so therefore there is no reason for any precautions at his events. He even made a big deal of it during his speech at the rally and he said he would walk through the crowd and kiss all the people, because covid can't hurt him anymore.

You would think he needs all the voters he can get. It is not a good idea to make your voters sick or dead.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4763 on: October 13, 2020, 10:27:44 AM »

You would think he needs all the voters he can get. It is not a good idea to make your voters sick or dead.
According to Vanity Fair, Trump didn't bother with a plan to deal with the virus because Jared Kushner thought it would only affect democratic party voters.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4764 on: October 13, 2020, 11:10:03 AM »

Lots of Darwin Award contenders in that crowd.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4765 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »

Hmmm.   https://news.yahoo.com/woman-89-becomes-first-die-104948585.html

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #4766 on: October 13, 2020, 11:24:48 AM »

Maybe he just wants them to receive the same blessing from God that he received.

What a thoughtful caring person.

/endsnark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4767 on: October 13, 2020, 11:33:50 AM »

What do you mean by "it didn't end so well"?  Are you referring to what happened to him, personally? Or how the policies impacted the US?

I'm sure it's possible to build a list of good things that came out of the Clinton Era and place that list right alongside the bad. The Lewinsky affair was a needless risk to his Presidency and a taint on the Office. No one could say they hadn't been warned that he was capable of that sort of thing.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4768 on: October 14, 2020, 03:04:52 PM »
Won't it be great if there is no Trump outrage of the day? He moves on, he goes to jail for tax fraud or simply he fades into the background b/c nobody cares anymore. I can be hopeful.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4769 on: October 14, 2020, 03:06:48 PM »
Won't it be great if there is no Trump outrage of the day? He moves on, he goes to jail for tax fraud or simply he fades into the background b/c nobody cares anymore. I can be hopeful.
Vote for Biden and encourage everyone you can to do the same - make it happen.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4770 on: October 14, 2020, 04:43:44 PM »

Yes, yes indeed! To listen to a leader who is coherent and works with/for the people and not against would be awesome! To listen to a president that doesn't hurl insults and derogatory nicknames for his opponents would be so refreshing! To get rid of a wanna be reality tv star clown would be a win win!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4771 on: October 14, 2020, 05:00:42 PM »

Yes, yes indeed! To listen to a leader who is coherent and works with/for the people and not against would be awesome! To listen to a president that doesn't hurl insults and derogatory nicknames for his opponents would be so refreshing! To get rid of a wanna be reality tv star clown would be a win win!

I would so enjoy not being embarrassed by our president's abysmally immature, narcissistic, and cruel behavior. It's been almost 4 years and I've nearly forgotten what it was like not to be ashamed of our federal leadership.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #4772 on: October 14, 2020, 05:12:07 PM »

I would so enjoy not being embarrassed by our president's abysmally immature, narcissistic, and cruel behavior. It's been almost 4 years and I've nearly forgotten what it was like not to be ashamed of our federal leadership.

And no more Tweets!  Twitter is bad enough when celebrities implode, but a Twitter-happy President has been terrifying.  Tweeting to “little rocket man” that his Nuke button is bigger and ‘actually works’ has to be rock bottom for the US.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4773 on: October 14, 2020, 05:37:27 PM »

They all sound more professional than Trump - every last one of them.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4774 on: October 14, 2020, 07:45:32 PM »
I caught a bit of Fox news walking down the hall today and it sounded like "Biden Jr and a laptop repair shop, something with Ukraine, and none of it is confirmed, but we're going to talk about this for an hour." 

Whatever this is, it is courtesy of Pompeo since Barr is no longer the favored attack dog.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4775 on: October 14, 2020, 08:23:53 PM »
I caught a bit of Fox news walking down the hall today and it sounded like "Biden Jr and a laptop repair shop, something with Ukraine, and none of it is confirmed, but we're going to talk about this for an hour." 

Whatever this is, it is courtesy of Pompeo since Barr is no longer the favored attack dog.

It's probably as legit as the unmasking "scandal."

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #4776 on: October 14, 2020, 09:06:47 PM »
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/10/white-house-informally-endorses-letting-pandemic-spread-unchecked/

Someone points out in the comments that COVID affects minorities more severely. How convenient for a president who apparently prefers to be surrounded by Caucasian peoples.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #4777 on: October 14, 2020, 11:33:51 PM »
Having a President that encourages conspiracy theories, the rise of QAnon is especially troubling - QAnon is Tearing Families Apart

After watching Netflix's 'The Social Dilemma', it is yet another strike against this administration.  Humanity needs to truly evaluate our issues like addiction to electronics and despoiling our natural environment, but instead we are doubling down by turning a blind eye to companies benefiting from social media addiction and environmental deregulation (yay, $1 per share extra profit at the expense of no drinkable water).  This future is bleak, and yet we stumble toward it like zombies...

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4778 on: October 15, 2020, 03:22:52 AM »
Talk about wrapping things up in a nice bow. Trump gets sick, but gets over it in 3 days (and you can too if only the FDA would stop stonewalling his miracle drugs). Melania gets sick, but gets over it in a week with diet and exercise (because fuck you medical science), Barron gets sick, but barely felt it because kids are immunity factories (so why are school districts needlessly ruining our children?) The First Family's response to COVID scores a full BINGO card of everything he's been shouting about the virus. It's too good to be true.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4779 on: October 15, 2020, 06:25:26 AM »

And no more Tweets!  Twitter is bad enough when celebrities implode, but a Twitter-happy President has been terrifying.  Tweeting to “little rocket man” that his Nuke button is bigger and ‘actually works’ has to be rock bottom for the US.

OP here. Indeed many of the outrages that have been featured in the year of this thread (has it already been a year? Felt like six) are tweets of the President.

What made them outrageous wasn't that they were tweeted. It was the content of the statements, and what they reflected about the beliefs of the person who issued them.

I think we're stuck with twitter. We need to improve the temperament of the President who is using it.

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4780 on: October 15, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »
Talk about wrapping things up in a nice bow. Trump gets sick, but gets over it in 3 days (and you can too if only the FDA would stop stonewalling his miracle drugs). Melania gets sick, but gets over it in a week with diet and exercise (because fuck you medical science), Barron gets sick, but barely felt it because kids are immunity factories (so why are school districts needlessly ruining our children?) The First Family's response to COVID scores a full BINGO card of everything he's been shouting about the virus. It's too good to be true.

Luck of the devil, you might say.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4781 on: October 15, 2020, 07:12:28 AM »

If you really want to understand the crazy...
This latest conspiracy theory was front-page news on Murdoch’s New York Post.  Essentially, it claims that a repair show in Delaware recovered deleted emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server.  Some of these emails detailed how Hunter Biden arranged a meeting between his father - Joe Biden - and the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.  The conspiracy goes on to say how it was less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company.

This conspiracy conveniently ignores that the prosecutor was about a corrupt as they come (the reason why the Obama administration pressured for removal as part of their anti-corruption foreign policy), not to mention that by any honest account these alleged emails don’t actually exist nor did such a meeting occur.

Tangentially related to conspiracies re-tweeted by Trump was how (and I am not making this up) - Obama faked the killing of Osama Bin Laden (aided by Iran who provided a body-double to kill... the same country Obama was sanctioning), and killed an entire squad from the elite Seal Team 6 to cover it up.  Tellingly, this was reputed by a pro-Trump member of Seal Team 6 itself. 

Lately these conspiracy theories are so hair-brained and convoluted that it takes an incredibly long time to explain, and requires the audience to accept fantastical coincidences and remarkable covert partnerships (Iran was secretly aiding Obama! A repair shop in Delaware found this trove of emails the FBI could not! Burisma = Russia, even though Ukraine has been in armed conflict during this entire period!)

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4782 on: October 15, 2020, 07:21:49 AM »
Lately these conspiracy theories are so hair-brained and convoluted that it takes an incredibly long time to explain, and requires the audience to accept fantastical coincidences and remarkable covert partnerships (Iran was secretly aiding Obama! A repair shop in Delaware found this trove of emails the FBI could not! Burisma = Russia, even though Ukraine has been in armed conflict during this entire period!)

I think that's the point. They're counting on most people accepting what they're spoon-fed and 1) not bothering to fact-check, 2) not having any working factual knowledge of global politics, and 3) not having a long-term memory beyond which team won the last Superbowl and who won "Masked Singer."

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4783 on: October 15, 2020, 07:26:46 AM »
not to mention that by any honest account these alleged emails don’t actually exist nor did such a meeting occur.

Which is why they only release pictures of the "emails" (easily faked) and not the actual emails themselves, so that you can't use the DKIM authentication in the metadata to confirm if it's real or not. Never mind that the "meeting" doesn't match up with Biden's White House schedule, so we know it didn't happen unless there was some conspiracy throughout the government at the time to cover it up.

Also the story of how they got these emails involves "someone" dropping off a broken laptop at a computer repair shop, except the repair guy has some sort of medical condition so that he can't tell if the person dropping off the laptop is Hunter Biden or not. But he can see the "Beau Biden Foundation" sticker on the bottom, so of course he snoops through the contents of the hard drive and finds these "emails", and makes a copy of the hard drive before the FBI seizes it. And then contacts Rudy Giuliani (the same one who has been cavorting around with a known Russian Agent) about it a few years later.

You literally cannot make up how stupid this shit is. Literal Fake News and conspiracy theories is all they have left.

Sanitary Stache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4784 on: October 15, 2020, 07:42:09 AM »
It occurs to me this morning that I no longer feel outraged by Trumpworld nonsense and lies.  Whatever line I set for conduct when he became President has long since been trampled upon, he was on the wrong side of it before he declared his candidacy by calling all Mexican immigrants rapists (an early example of him projecting his own behavior), and he never attempted to maintain even the lie of respectable conduct.

The Trump outrage of the day is that he is the President.  It is, every single day, the most outrageous thing about the man.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4785 on: October 15, 2020, 08:03:35 AM »

The Trump outrage of the day is that he is the President.  It is, every single day, the most outrageous thing about the man.

My daily, constant outrage is that Trump has managed to avoid accountability for his actions for essentially his entire life.  He’s skirted creditors and stiffed contractors, and largely gotten away with it through intimidation and legal (bankruptcy) protection.  He’s committed high-profile slander (the ‘Central Park 5’ and leading the Birther movement are two such examples) but leaves just enough wiggle room to slither out of any consequences.  He’s promised to reveal a ‘beautiful healthcare bill’ in the coming weeks no less than 17 times but has released nothing.  He uses the government to enrich his own pockets (and violate the Hatch act) and gets no punishment.  No fewer than two dozen women have accused him of sexual assault and/or rape but has effectively used ND agreements and settlements to avoid criminal prosecution.

The common thread - I realize - is that he keeps avoiding any of the normal consequences that almost anyone else would endure.  Through his privilege of being born rich and white he ‘gets away with it’ when anyone less fortunate, or of color, or a woman, would have been jailed and destitute and reticuled.

My vain, Schadenfreude hope is that his publicity gambit of running for president will ultimately precipitate the consequences he has largely avoided.  No longer can he hope the press will “move on”... presidents are never fully out of the spotlight and dogged reporters will keep digging.  I also think he’s damaged the Trump Corp’s brand irrevocably - once he no longer holds office the lobbyists and foreign governments who cozy up to his properties will have no reason to book rooms, and most corporate events will want to remain a-political and book their events at locales with less baggage. His adult children won’t be given the pass that he got where it was presumed that his fortune was self-made and that they are superior businessmen.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #4786 on: October 15, 2020, 08:26:39 AM »
Trump is claiming at his rallies that the wall is almost done, and Mexico is paying for it.  If only people could question him at his rallies - the stuff he spouts off is offensively untrue.  Add to it the fact that folks are risking getting Covid to hear it ... well, in his own words ... it's SAD.
The Washington Post has obtained detailed U.S. government data about Trump’s border-wall project, its construction progress and contracts for each segment of the structure. The data shows the Trump administration is far from delivering on the president’s promise to finish more than 500 miles of new barriers by early next year. Though Trump had insisted Mexico would pay for the project, it has been funded entirely by the U.S. government, at costs that reach nearly $30 million per mile in southern Texas.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/immigration/border-wall-progress/

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4787 on: October 15, 2020, 08:40:15 AM »
The outrage (just another outrage) is that Trump has so poisoned the well of truth and logic in current affairs that probably 40% of Americans no longer believe the truth if they see it - which they don't, because the only sources of infomration they routinely go to are the ones that propagate the lies, aided and abetted by Trump's "fake news" propaganda.  Logical arguments just don't get through any more, nor does pointing out the ridiculousness of the lies.  I don't see what the way back from this might be, but democracy without agreed facts and truth is a fragile thing.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4788 on: October 15, 2020, 08:48:18 AM »
The outrage (just another outrage) is that Trump has so poisoned the well of truth and logic in current affairs that probably 40% of Americans no longer believe the truth if they see it - which they don't, because the only sources of infomration they routinely go to are the ones that propagate the lies, aided and abetted by Trump's "fake news" propaganda.  Logical arguments just don't get through any more, nor does pointing out the ridiculousness of the lies.  I don't see what the way back from this might be, but democracy without agreed facts and truth is a fragile thing.

We're also fighting the proof of negatives.

My favorite is when a reporter asked a Qanon supporter about the Q tweet concerning the arrest of Hillary in October 2017. The cultist responded, "Can you prove it didn't happen?"

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4789 on: October 15, 2020, 09:12:13 AM »

+1  There's an article in The Atlantic magazine which talks about the critical issue of trust.  Low-trust countries have much rougher societies because they can't believe that others aren't cheating them personally or politically.  The U.S. seems to have sunk to that condition.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4790 on: October 15, 2020, 11:07:35 AM »

If you really want to understand the crazy...
This latest conspiracy theory was front-page news on Murdoch’s New York Post.  Essentially, it claims that a repair show in Delaware recovered deleted emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server.  Some of these emails detailed how Hunter Biden arranged a meeting between his father - Joe Biden - and the Ukrainian energy company Burisma.  The conspiracy goes on to say how it was less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company.

This conspiracy conveniently ignores that the prosecutor was about a corrupt as they come (the reason why the Obama administration pressured for removal as part of their anti-corruption foreign policy), not to mention that by any honest account these alleged emails don’t actually exist nor did such a meeting occur.

Tangentially related to conspiracies re-tweeted by Trump was how (and I am not making this up) - Obama faked the killing of Osama Bin Laden (aided by Iran who provided a body-double to kill... the same country Obama was sanctioning), and killed an entire squad from the elite Seal Team 6 to cover it up.  Tellingly, this was reputed by a pro-Trump member of Seal Team 6 itself. 

Update:  These conspiracy theories have been dubbed so outlandish that Facebook and Twitter have both taken action to limit their spread and label them false. 
Given just how reluctant these companies have been to label demonstrably false statements as such, these actions show just how completely bonkers they are.

...of course the true believers will use this as further proof of the 'Deep State' working together to hurt DJT's re-election campaign.  THey don't want us to know the truth, man!!  /s

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4791 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:25 AM »
Indeed many of my Texan friends are posting that they're sick and tired of conservative opinions being censored by FB. Never felt to me like there was any shortage.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4792 on: October 15, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
Indeed many of my Texan friends are posting that they're sick and tired of conservative opinions being censored by FB. Never felt to me like there was any shortage.

Yeah, I sure see a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth by conservatives yelling that they and their opinions are being censored by FB...

... on FB.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4793 on: October 15, 2020, 01:37:27 PM »
Trump should have been banned a long time ago for violating community rules.  Let him "tweet" from whitehouse.gov.  Troll in Chief.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4794 on: October 15, 2020, 03:30:44 PM »

I have friends who also think it's a scam.  Although Trump was certainly high on something when he did all tjosectweets those tweets.

ETA my fingers and my tablet don't always get along.  Where is auto-carrot when it is needed?.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:08:26 PM by RetiredAt63 »

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4795 on: October 15, 2020, 03:33:28 PM »
3) not having a long-term memory beyond which team won the last Superbowl and who won "Masked Singer."
No idea who won the masked singer but my beloved Kansas City Chiefs won the Superbowl and that will forever rest in my long term memory!

Go you CHIEEEEEEFS!!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled thread now. :-)

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4796 on: October 15, 2020, 04:33:17 PM »

I wondered if it was a fakeout also. Just so he could say "See I told you covid was no big deal". The only thing that really disproves it is all the Whitehouse staff that got it.

I have friends who also think it's a scam.  Although Trump was certainly high on something when he did all tjosectweets.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4797 on: October 15, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »

I have friends who also think it's a scam.  Although Trump was certainly high on something when he did all tjosectweets.
I wondered if it was a fakeout also. Just so he could say "See I told you covid was no big deal". The only thing that really disproves it is all the Whitehouse staff that got it.

There's no doubt that COVID hit the White House in force. 30-some people who were either at the nomination event or had direct contact with Trump that week have come up sick. The question that has yet to be answered is when he got it and started spreading it around. He'd like us to think he got it and got over it in the space of three days.  It's looking more like he was infected before the debate and has been covering up the timeline.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4798 on: October 15, 2020, 07:48:05 PM »
He was definitely fudging the timeline and probably infected a lot more people because he was too pathologically selfish to stay home.

Chris Christie is now claiming that he spent a week in the ICU with COVID-19.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4799 on: October 16, 2020, 06:01:55 AM »
Christie knee-capped Rubio in a debate, then--upon dropping out of the race--gave Trump legitimacy with his endorsement. It should have been obvious to him then what Trump was and what this Presidency would become.

Perhaps this health scare will chasten him?