Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 500979 times)

partgypsy

• Magnum Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5950 on: December 07, 2020, 02:57:11 PM »
Will he go through with this or is he just yanking our chains (yet again)?

https://www.axios.com/trump-biden-inauguration-florida-rally-78b56134-54ae-4113-ad0a-ae29cd5c7be1.html

what an amazing BABY he is. Wah wah no one is paying attention to me

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #5951 on: December 07, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
And some of those donors want their money back, after they realized the money is not going towards what they thought it was going towards. Um, good luck with that?

https://www.wral.com/nc-businessman-wants-his-money-back-after-donating-millions-to-pro-trump-group-to-investigate-voter-fraud/19408939/
Boy, that was an expensive lesson in how to identify fraud.

scottish

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5952 on: December 07, 2020, 05:16:22 PM »
Lesson #1 in business.

Never give a Trump money up front.

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5953 on: December 07, 2020, 05:43:12 PM »
Lesson #1 in business.

Never give a Trump money up front.
Corellary: if you are doing business with a Trump, demand your payment, in full, up front

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5955 on: December 07, 2020, 09:59:18 PM »

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5956 on: December 08, 2020, 07:02:43 AM »
The thing with Trump is...it will never stop.

Even after the electoral college votes, he'll still be filing lawsuits, holding rallies, tweeting. He's going to take a position as a "shadow President", threatening to unleash his influence against any Republicans who make a move to compromise with Pres. Biden, holding the conservative line against any meaningful progress that could be made in the public sector. And all of these moves will generate additional fund-raising. You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5957 on: December 08, 2020, 07:28:01 AM »
The thing with Trump is...it will never stop.

Even after the electoral college votes, he'll still be filing lawsuits, holding rallies, tweeting. He's going to take a position as a "shadow President", threatening to unleash his influence against any Republicans who make a move to compromise with Pres. Biden, holding the conservative line against any meaningful progress that could be made in the public sector. And all of these moves will generate additional fund-raising. You cannot put the toothpaste back in the tube.

He spends most of his speeches talking about himself. It doesn't matter the topic. He gave a Presidential Medal of Freedom to a famous athlete today and in talking about the guy's wrestling record, threw in a quip about his "wins." His Georgia rally was supposed to be to help the two Senate candidates. Most of it was him talking about his lawsuits.  Moderate Republicans won't want to be associated with him, but if he's intent on becoming some new standard-bearer for the party, then he'll be backing the Qanon types and probably do well getting them elected.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5958 on: December 08, 2020, 09:52:22 AM »
Do you think Donald could keep keep his mouth shut if this was true?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-135211193.html

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5959 on: December 08, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
Do you think Donald could keep keep his mouth shut if this was true?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-israeli-space-security-chief-135211193.html

While probably a bad fit for this thread, this is such a crazy thing that I just don't even know where to begin. Obviously Trump would not keep his mouth shut about something like that. It's also obviously just plain bonkers to start with. But it's also weird that someone this bonkers managed to make it to the rank of Generals and head up a space agency. If he's not bonkers, what's the angle? I guess getting paid to speak at conspiracy-theorist conventions is one way to spend a retirement...

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5960 on: December 08, 2020, 11:34:34 AM »
Contact from extra-terrestrial beings represents the sort of massive threat that Trump could downplay quickly and easily. Source: winter 2019-2020 re: the corona virus.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5961 on: December 08, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
You guys say there is no way he could keep something like that secret, but he is the president and is privy to a ton of classified information, and to my knowledge I'm not aware of massive leaks of this classified information. 

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5962 on: December 08, 2020, 11:44:54 AM »
You guys say there is no way he could keep something like that secret, but he is the president and is privy to a ton of classified information, and to my knowledge I'm not aware of massive leaks of this classified information.

Can you imagine being the president who announces the existence of extraterrestrial life? And not just microbial life, but the existence of some grand interstellar Federation, that are present here in the solar system? That one thing would single-handedly rewrite Trump's page in the history books, along with altering everything that comes after. There's no way he would turn that down.

Also, ha ha, very funny.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 11:49:08 AM by sherr »

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5963 on: December 08, 2020, 11:50:21 AM »
no?  I mean, it was pretty public when he leaked a bunch of classified information to a Russian foreign minister.
Or that time when he talked about classified info to Abe in earshot of a bunch of other diners at Lago?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5964 on: December 08, 2020, 11:57:37 AM »
I wonder if the extraterrestrial beings wrote beautiful love letters to Trump?

What nicknames has he given them? 

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5965 on: December 08, 2020, 11:58:18 AM »
Alright I guess he does leak classified information, and it just got lost in the mix of the terrible things he's done.  Shame on me for giving him the benefit of the doubt.  You'd think I'd have learned how deplorable he is by now. 

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5966 on: December 08, 2020, 12:01:58 PM »
Alright I guess he does leak classified information, and it just got lost in the mix of the terrible things he's done.  Shame on me for giving him the benefit of the doubt.  You'd think I'd have learned how deplorable he is by now.

I was more worried about your assumption that he reads most of the classified information that crosses his desk.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5967 on: December 08, 2020, 12:10:55 PM »
Not all, but he's immersed in it all day.  Even my 3 year old is picking up a lot of information from the ambient noise around him. 

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5968 on: December 08, 2020, 12:43:39 PM »
Not all, but he's immersed in it all day.  Even my 3 year old is picking up a lot of information from the ambient noise around him.

That's why I I don't like to when people compare Trump to a toddler. Toddlers are learning constantly.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • Target FI date 2027 (maybe?)
« Reply #5969 on: December 08, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
Well, he may have started Space FOrce to prevent illegal alien immigration.

scottish

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5970 on: December 08, 2020, 03:37:15 PM »
So...   how many more years will this thread continue?

I was hoping Trump would be consumed by his personal and business debt next year, but it seems Muricans have sent him 200M to do with as he wishes.   Maybe the state of New York will have something to say about this.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5971 on: December 08, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »

I was hoping Trump would be consumed by his personal and business debt next year, but it seems Muricans have sent him 200M to do with as he wishes.   Maybe the state of New York will have something to say about this.

Maybe we're seeing light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully not an oncoming train)?

U.S. Supreme Court rejects Republican challenge to Biden's Pennsylvania win (Reuters)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday handed a defeat to Republicans seeking to throw out up to 2.5 million mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania as they try to undo President Donald Trump’s election loss, with the justices refusing to block the state from formalizing President-elect Joe Biden’s victory there.

---

There were no noted dissents from any of the justices on the court, which has a 6-3 conservative majority including three Trump appointees. Trump had urged the Republican-led Senate to confirm his most recent nominee, Justice Amy Coney Barrett, before Election Day so she could participate in any election-related cases.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
    • The Best Is Yet To Come
« Reply #5972 on: December 08, 2020, 03:57:47 PM »

Can he really use these donations for his personal gain? Despite all of the flagrant law breaking that would still surprise me.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5973 on: December 08, 2020, 04:08:43 PM »

Can he really use these donations for his personal gain? Despite all of the flagrant law breaking that would still surprise me.

He never gave much money to his own campaign, he loaned money to his campaign fund. Up until that is paid back, donations have a high potential of ending up back in his pocket.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5974 on: December 08, 2020, 04:18:41 PM »

He never gave much money to his own campaign, he loaned money to his campaign fund. Up until that is paid back, donations have a high potential of ending up back in his pocket.

Hopefully the cities still waiting to be paid for his rallies will start filing suits.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5975 on: December 08, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »

If we limit it to DJT Sr.  I’d say 2024 at the earliest, unless he dies first. If we include his progeny this threat could potentially persist for decades (or whenever online forums go the way of the dinosaur).

Hey @talltexan - you have the potential of being the creator of the all-time longest thread if this keeps up for a few More months. Congratulations... or something.

Pizzabrewer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5976 on: December 08, 2020, 05:49:07 PM »

Yes. The fine print states that the first $7000 or so of each contribution goes to Trump’s newly-created super-PAC. He has unlimited control over how that money is spent.

Sounds corrupt but it’s legal under current law.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5977 on: December 08, 2020, 06:32:44 PM »

Yes. The fine print states that the first $7000 or so of each contribution goes to Trump’s newly-created super-PAC. He has unlimited control over how that money is spent.

Sounds corrupt but it’s legal under current law.

He also used the Secret Service, the RNC, and his campaign to keep his hotel afloat by forcing them to use it.  He billed the campaign to pay a lot of his other bills as well throughout the year, so this is nothing new to him.  He'll just claim expenses and tap the fund for reimbursement.

scottish

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5978 on: December 08, 2020, 07:47:58 PM »

If we limit it to DJT Sr.  I’d say 2024 at the earliest, unless he dies first. If we include his progeny this threat could potentially persist for decades (or whenever online forums go the way of the dinosaur).

Hey @talltexan - you have the potential of being the creator of the all-time longest thread if this keeps up for a few More months. Congratulations... or something.

His progeny, however, don't have 45 years of experience in the confidence game.    If you read about his scams, it's quite the story.    For example, he talked a bank into a multi-hundred million dollar loan a few years after defaulting on a loan from the same bank.      There's no way the mini-Trumps have that level of expertise.

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5979 on: December 09, 2020, 04:43:49 AM »

I was more worried about your assumption that he reads most of the classified information that crosses his desk.
LOL my thought exactly. It's hard work to get him to read the stuff he has to read. Even more?

For example, he talked a bank into a multi-hundred million dollar loan a few years after defaulting on a loan from the same bank.
That might actually make sense depending on circumstances.
Imagine Tesla/Musk defaulting 3 years ago and saying he needed just a few millions more? A bit more time to make Tesla profitable?

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5980 on: December 09, 2020, 07:00:21 AM »

If this thread becomes that, then it's all the more a sign of what an indispensable part of history this man is. Which--given his character and abilities--I have trouble finding anything other than disgusting. He deserves to be remembered as one of history's great villains.

It also means I probably could have joined in the grift somehow, probably kickstarter'd a book project in which I would have explained to all my Trump-supporting friends how he would become the Republican FDR, winning term after term while the progressive movement fell into disunity and a political desert. In fact, my co-workers all acknowledge that long ago I was predicting Trump would run and win in 2024.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5981 on: December 09, 2020, 08:14:53 AM »
Does anyone else think it odd how so many trump supporters thought Biden was “too old” to be president in 2020 but seem to have no qualms about trump running in 2024? In 2024 Trump will be almost exactly the same age that Biden is now...

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #5982 on: December 09, 2020, 08:18:42 AM »
It's so difficult to compare because usually the loser of the election typically seems to go into hiding for at least 6 months. I remember McCain still made a few headlines even afterwards, but after a few months everyone stops paying attention.

Then again, what other loser is still recognized as the "leader of the party"? Usually losing means you're not good enough to lead the party. I guess after Carter lost, it took a long time for the Dems to find their foothold again. Both Reagan and HW had to deal with a divided government their entire presidencies, perhaps we're looking at a strong possibility of a Dem Presidency and a Dem/R or R/R Legislature for the next decade or more. The only thing that I could see that might change that is if Dems are able to push through a DC statehood with a 50/50 senate, then maybe Biden will be able to hold onto a Dem majority for the first year.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5983 on: December 09, 2020, 08:51:49 AM »
Does anyone else think it odd how so many trump supporters thought Biden was “too old” to be president in 2020 but seem to have no qualms about trump running in 2024? In 2024 Trump will be almost exactly the same age that Biden is now...

Consistency is, shall we say, not their strong point.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5984 on: December 09, 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
It's so difficult to compare because usually the loser of the election typically seems to go into hiding for at least 6 months. I remember McCain still made a few headlines even afterwards, but after a few months everyone stops paying attention.

Then again, what other loser is still recognized as the "leader of the party"? Usually losing means you're not good enough to lead the party. I guess after Carter lost, it took a long time for the Dems to find their foothold again. Both Reagan and HW had to deal with a divided government their entire presidencies, perhaps we're looking at a strong possibility of a Dem Presidency and a Dem/R or R/R Legislature for the next decade or more. The only thing that I could see that might change that is if Dems are able to push through a DC statehood with a 50/50 senate, then maybe Biden will be able to hold onto a Dem majority for the first year.

The GOP will be defending twice as many seats in 2022 senate races. Should make it interesting.

Just Joe

• Magnum Stache
  • Here to learn.
« Reply #5985 on: December 09, 2020, 11:08:39 AM »

And remember Obama was unsuitable as President b/c he did not have enough experience...

Trump did?

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5986 on: December 09, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Stop applying logic and reasoning to them.  None of those arguments were ever made in good faith, and they didn't arrive at them from sound reasoning.  They didn't reason themselves into those views, so you can't expect to reason them out of them.  The issue isn't that Biden is too old, it's just that they don't like Biden, and no amount of facts or logical inconsistencies is going to change the fact that they don't like Biden.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5987 on: December 09, 2020, 11:37:49 AM »
Stop applying logic and reasoning to them.  None of those arguments were ever made in good faith, and they didn't arrive at them from sound reasoning.  They didn't reason themselves into those views, so you can't expect to reason them out of them.  The issue isn't that Biden is too old, it's just that they don't like Biden, and no amount of facts or logical inconsistencies is going to change the fact that they don't like Biden.
Good point, though I wonder if they ever really disliked Biden, but rather simply don’t like not holding the WH.  Despite four decades in Washington, Biden never seemed to evoke the level of hatred that HRC, Sanders or Warren got.  Their attacks kind of reflected that (the biggest ones being “he’s too old” and “he must be senile - see how he stuttered!?”) - and tellingly they didn’t get much traction beyond their base. Efforts to paint Biden as a liberal failed (because he’s so clearly not) so they tried to make him a “puppet of the left wing” (which has also struggled to take root).

But your broader point that you won’t logic your way towards acceptance is well taken.

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5988 on: December 09, 2020, 11:42:02 AM »
I imagine most people who were republicans during the 2016 election cycle would have opted for Biden over Clinton.

But that's never how the choice was presented to them.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5989 on: December 09, 2020, 11:50:02 AM »
I imagine most people who were republicans during the 2016 election cycle would have opted for Biden over Clinton.

But that's never how the choice was presented to them.
Why?  Almost half of all states - including Texas and a bunch of other ‘red’ states - have open presidential primaries.  It’s completely within their power to vote for who they’d rather have even outside their party.

...of course, some like to play the ‘spoiler’ game and nominate a person they feel would be more easily beaten.  But that seems like a poor decision to me.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5990 on: December 09, 2020, 12:21:57 PM »
Good point, though I wonder if they ever really disliked Biden, but rather simply don’t like not holding the WH.  Despite four decades in Washington, Biden never seemed to evoke the level of hatred that HRC, Sanders or Warren got.  Their attacks kind of reflected that (the biggest ones being “he’s too old” and “he must be senile - see how he stuttered!?”) - and tellingly they didn’t get much traction beyond their base. Efforts to paint Biden as a liberal failed (because he’s so clearly not) so they tried to make him a “puppet of the left wing” (which has also struggled to take root).

But your broader point that you won’t logic your way towards acceptance is well taken.

Biden has been in government for so long that absolutely everybody knows who he is, so the typical “socialist” and “liberal” labels didn’t work on him. He’s also male, so he doesn’t provoke the kinds of misogynistic attacks that were used against HRC. Biden was the perfect Democratic candidate for this election and he won fairly easily.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5991 on: December 09, 2020, 12:25:39 PM »
New Trump Outrage:

Trump has scheduled a rally in Florida on January 20th - exactly during Biden’s scheduled inauguration.

He’s literally trying to cross-program, and presumably this means he will not attend the inauguration during the ceremonial transfer of power as most (all?) recent Presidents have done.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5992 on: December 09, 2020, 12:31:03 PM »
New Trump Outrage:

Trump has scheduled a rally in Florida on January 20th - exactly during Biden’s scheduled inauguration.

He’s literally trying to cross-program, and presumably this means he will not attend the inauguration during the ceremonial transfer of power as most (all?) recent Presidents have done.

Just be happy he's there and not the white house.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5993 on: December 09, 2020, 12:37:15 PM »

I think my favorite is voting for Trump because Biden clearly has dementia...

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5994 on: December 09, 2020, 12:55:16 PM »
New Trump Outrage:

Just be happy he's there and not the white house.

I dunno . . . it would be quite therapeutic for much of the country to see Trump screaming and crying while secret service throws him out on his ass.

six-car-habit

• Bristles
« Reply #5995 on: December 09, 2020, 01:28:20 PM »
New Trump Outrage:

Might be better if trump did not attend the inaguration ? 
  I thought i recall seeing prior outgoing presidents give a short speech at previous inagurations.  There would be indignation among his supporters if he wasn't allowed to make a speech.  Who would get to hold the silence switch on the microphone feed ?   Surely he wouldn't be able to stop himself from venting about the transfer of power and the 'fraud' involved...

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5996 on: December 09, 2020, 02:09:30 PM »
There was an article (in the Atlantic?) that proposed this might happen.

Trump might create a "shadow" government down the street from the WH in his hotel. He'd have his own cabinet and meet with the Republicans in office regularly.

$200M in donations goes a long way and he'd be squeezing his supporters for more.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5997 on: December 09, 2020, 02:56:42 PM »

Trump might create a "shadow" government down the street from the WH in his hotel. He'd have his own cabinet and meet with the Republicans in office regularly.

$200M in donations goes a long way and he'd be squeezing his supporters for more.

I think, more likely, he'll just start his 2024 run and raise money that way. By doing that he'll also control republican primaries.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #5998 on: December 09, 2020, 03:14:49 PM »
Will they give Rudy the monoclonal therapy (like they did for the President)?

Or will they withhold it from him (like they did for Herman Caine)?
News outlets and Rudy are reporting that he was given the monoclonal therapy as well as other treatments.

According to Rudy being a celebrity has it’s benefits.

—Giuliani added that he wasn't aware of the lack of broad availability of his treatment regimen to the public.

"Sometimes, when you're a celebrity, they're worried if something happens to you," Giuliani added. "They're going to examine it more carefully and do everything right."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5999 on: December 09, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »

I think, more likely, he'll just start his 2024 run and raise money that way. By doing that he'll also control republican primaries.

Good point.

From Satan worshiping cabals to boats of ballots from North Korea, can it get worse? Can Trump pull in more true believers?