Author Topic: Trump outrage of the day  (Read 449234 times)

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Trump outrage of the day
« Reply #5150 on: November 01, 2020, 03:39:48 AM »
Slowing the bus down, maybe trying to push the bus from the road?

I guess an appropriate response would have been to open fire with semi-automatic guns.
As minimum they all should lose their driver's license since they are apparently unfit for driving safely, if you build a blockade on a highway.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5151 on: November 01, 2020, 04:48:19 AM »
It is domestic terrorism, using forceful means to interfere in the election.  Nazi brownshirts of 2020.

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5152 on: November 01, 2020, 06:11:08 AM »
It is domestic terrorism, using forceful means to interfere in the election.  Nazi brownshirts of 2020.

And yet, Iím pretty sure nothing happened to them. And it wonít because theyíre Trump supporters in Texas, which is still tightly controlled by the GOP (who are also seeking to invalidate 100,000 ballots).. Imagine if staffers on Bidenís bus had opened fire. Or if the situation were reversed and a bunch of terrorists flying Biden-Harris flags had tried to run a bus off the road.

Iím starting to wonder if we should take down our Biden sign. Our neighbors down the street did yesterday. A couple more Trump signs have gone up, and I canít assume that those neighbors arenít in favor of partisan violence. Their cult leader is literally encouraging it. The sign is definitely coming down when I leave for the polls early Tuesday morning. Weíre four blocks from a polling place and I donít want any of Trumpís armed ďpoll watchersĒ deciding to retaliate while driving through the neighborhood.

Wolfpack Mustachian

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5153 on: November 01, 2020, 06:26:31 AM »
Thanks for the explanation and link. It was an interesting read. I do very much agree that when people become the swing vote, they tend to weigh their decisions differently, and I could definitely see Gorsuch being that new swing vote at times.
Or to put it another way, when they believe they can somewhat abrogate personal responsibility for their decision by being simply one in many, they disregard the Constitution and decide an issue based on the way they personally want the world to be.  When they feel they can not do so, they more carefully consider what the Constitution means and how it actually applies to real people.

An interesting situation for a country to be in when 9 people hold such power over the lives of 300 odd million.

And this is why consensus will never be achieved. Everyone is not only convinced that they are right from a moral standpoint (this is to be expected - we all probably feel this way) but that they and they alone have the Rosetta Stone through which to decipher exactly what the Constitution really means. So they get to win doubly. They're not just looking out for people, they're also 100% right on their interpretation of the Constitution.

No, I'm pretty sure these justices aren't shoving down inside themselves this view of how they just know the Constitution should be interpreted until they become the swing vote, and then they let it out. Instead, it makes a lot more sense to me that they, like most people, are worried about their legacy, and when they realize they can have a disproportionate impact by being the swing vote or when they feel like they're on the wrong side of history because they have been interpreting the Constitution a certain way, they change their vote because they are concerned about people's perception of them.

Wolfpack Mustachian

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5154 on: November 01, 2020, 06:30:37 AM »

And yet, Iím pretty sure nothing happened to them. And it wonít because theyíre Trump supporters in Texas, which is still tightly controlled by the GOP (who are also seeking to invalidate 100,000 ballots).. Imagine if staffers on Bidenís bus had opened fire. Or if the situation were reversed and a bunch of terrorists flying Biden-Harris flags had tried to run a bus off the road.

Iím starting to wonder if we should take down our Biden sign. Our neighbors down the street did yesterday. A couple more Trump signs have gone up, and I canít assume that those neighbors arenít in favor of partisan violence. Their cult leader is literally encouraging it. The sign is definitely coming down when I leave for the polls early Tuesday morning. Weíre four blocks from a polling place and I donít want any of Trumpís armed ďpoll watchersĒ deciding to retaliate while driving through the neighborhood.

I have never put up any sign and probably never will for this very reason - but from either side. I've never myself or a friend of mine have had this happen, but I have had a close friend have property damage because of it, and it wasn't conservatives who did it. It's just not worth it to put a sign out. I'll vote for who I vote for, and I'm good with that.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5155 on: November 01, 2020, 07:29:46 AM »
To get back on topic ... this is pretty fucking outrageous, both the incident itself and even more Trumpís obvious approval.

Really worrisome where all this could be heading.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/biden-bus-2020-campaign-texas-trump-supporters/index.html

To show approval and support, Trump tweets 'I love Texas' along with video of the incident.  The president is now openly condoning terrorist attacks against political rivals.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #5156 on: November 01, 2020, 07:47:49 AM »
To get back on topic ... this is pretty fucking outrageous, both the incident itself and even more Trumpís obvious approval.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/biden-bus-2020-campaign-texas-trump-supporters/index.html

To show approval and support, Trump tweets 'I love Texas' along with video of the incident.  The president is now openly condoning terrorist attacks against political rivals.

Sadly, this plays well to his base and encourages more of the same behavior.  Glad my Honda Fit doesn't have a Biden sticker on it...

I'm praying that this is shrinking Trump's base and some of the less fanatical see that this is not something that they want to be part of...

partgypsy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5157 on: November 01, 2020, 07:53:12 AM »
The same Trump Train people brought a casket holding a black haired dummy to a Biden event. How is that not communicating threats/intimidation? https://www.fox26houston.com/news/trump-supporters-apologize-for-bringing-casket-to-biden-rally.    And in my state in Alamance county a peaceful March to the polls that was all ages and included kids, got pepper sprayed because they kneeled at the square. According to police "kneeling" was a prohibited activity...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 02:05:34 PM by partgypsy »

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5158 on: November 01, 2020, 08:31:56 AM »

Law and Order!
LAW AND ORDER!

I am readying my thoughts and prayers, just saying...

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5159 on: November 01, 2020, 08:37:30 AM »

Yep. If by some miracle the mass voter suppression and cheating efforts fail and he doesn't win, I want to see him spend the rest of his small, miserable life in jail for his absolute dereliction of duty to his country, mockery of the Constitution, and incitement of violence against the people he is supposed to serve. Ditto for his sociopathic adult children.

rantk81

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5160 on: November 01, 2020, 01:44:17 PM »
Between the large cult following behind the egotistical narcist monster, the likely coming assault on women's rights and marriage equality, and the potential disappearance of protections under the ACA -- I am really starting to investigate Canada Express Entry immigration process.  Biden will probably win. But even if Biden wins, I'm getting more and more fed up with the bullshit.  The sheer number of Trump cult followers who will excuse ANYTHING is appalling, and makes me feel like I'd be better off elsewhere.  I'm ready to be done with this shit.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5161 on: November 01, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »

Yep. If by some miracle the mass voter suppression and cheating efforts fail and he doesn't win, I want to see him spend the rest of his small, miserable life in jail for his absolute dereliction of duty to his country, mockery of the Constitution, and incitement of violence against the people he is supposed to serve. Ditto for his sociopathic adult children.

Ditto, ditto, ditto! Would love to seem him marched out of the White House into a paddy wagon straight to the slammer. Would be a beautiful sight!

partgypsy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5162 on: November 01, 2020, 02:46:34 PM »
Its hard to keep up but it sounds like trump is planning to clear house at cia, fbi, doj if he wins. Apparently they are not working fast enough to lock up his political opponents.
 https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.axios.com/trump-firing-wray-haspel-esper-088cbd70-3524-4625-91f1-dbc985767c71.html

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #5163 on: November 01, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
The Trump shitstorm is raging these days.  Trump has turned on Dr. Fauci in favor of Dr. Atlas, who had to apologize today for taking an interview with RT (formerly known as Russia Today), a registered foreign agent.

A senior White House official told CNN Sunday that Atlas did not have clearance from the Trump administration for his interview with RT. The official said Atlas "did it on his own without approval by the White House." Senior aides raised concerns internally after Atlas appeared on RT, the source said. RT said the interview was done from the White House property.
In October, Twitter removed a tweet from Atlas that sought to undermine the importance of wearing a face mask, because Atlas' tweet was in violation of the its Covid-19 Misleading Information Policy, a spokesman for the company told CNN. The tweet said, "Masks work? NO" followed by a series of falsehoods about the science behind the effectiveness of masks in combating the pandemic.

He also encouraged officials to limit Covid-19 testing mainly to people experiencing symptoms. And on August 31, Atlas and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis urged public health officials in several Florida cities to focus less on universal testing and more on opening the economy and schools.

Trump has relied on Atlas for advice on handling the coronavirus. But Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's leading infectious disease expert, has criticized Atlas, a neuroradiologist and Trump's hand-picked coronavirus adviser, for his lack of expertise.

"I have real problems with that guy," Fauci said in an interview with the Washington Post Friday. "He's a smart guy who's talking about things that I believe he doesn't have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn't make any sense."

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5164 on: November 01, 2020, 04:48:56 PM »
The Trump shitstorm is raging these days.  Trump has turned on Dr. Fauci in favor of Dr. Atlas, who had to apologize today for taking an interview with RT (formerly known as Russia Today), a registered foreign agent.

A senior White House official told CNN Sunday that Atlas did not have clearance from the Trump administration for his interview with RT. The official said Atlas "did it on his own without approval by the White House." Senior aides raised concerns internally after Atlas appeared on RT, the source said. RT said the interview was done from the White House property.
In October, Twitter removed a tweet from Atlas that sought to undermine the importance of wearing a face mask, because Atlas' tweet was in violation of the its Covid-19 Misleading Information Policy, a spokesman for the company told CNN. The tweet said, "Masks work? NO" followed by a series of falsehoods about the science behind the effectiveness of masks in combating the pandemic.

He also encouraged officials to limit Covid-19 testing mainly to people experiencing symptoms. And on August 31, Atlas and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis urged public health officials in several Florida cities to focus less on universal testing and more on opening the economy and schools.

Trump has relied on Atlas for advice on handling the coronavirus. But Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's leading infectious disease expert, has criticized Atlas, a neuroradiologist and Trump's hand-picked coronavirus adviser, for his lack of expertise.

"I have real problems with that guy," Fauci said in an interview with the Washington Post Friday. "He's a smart guy who's talking about things that I believe he doesn't have any real insight or knowledge or experience in. He keeps talking about things that when you dissect it out and parse it out, it doesn't make any sense."

Well, to his credit, DeSantis' strategy is paying off- his state has risen to #4 in total deaths, #4 in cases per 1m people, and #3 in total cases! With that kind of hard work and determination, he might hit #1 eventually.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5165 on: November 01, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »
The Texas SC, to its credit, is the usual pro-business, conservative, courtroom. It hasn't been taken over by complete ideologues.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/01/politics/harris-county-texas-drive-thru-voting/index.html

The Texas Supreme Court denied a petition Sunday by a group of Republicans seeking to invalidate nearly 127,000 drive-thru votes in Harris County [Democrat-heavy Houston], while a similar case awaits a decision in federal court just two days before Election Day.

It's not the security of the vote that's the problem.

The (federal) complaint? Drive-thru voting violates the Equal Protection Clause because "the county is adopting a manner of voting that has not been adopted by other Texas counties." That is weak.

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5166 on: November 01, 2020, 05:50:18 PM »
Thanks for the explanation and link. It was an interesting read. I do very much agree that when people become the swing vote, they tend to weigh their decisions differently, and I could definitely see Gorsuch being that new swing vote at times.
Or to put it another way, when they believe they can somewhat abrogate personal responsibility for their decision by being simply one in many, they disregard the Constitution and decide an issue based on the way they personally want the world to be.  When they feel they can not do so, they more carefully consider what the Constitution means and how it actually applies to real people.

An interesting situation for a country to be in when 9 people hold such power over the lives of 300 odd million.

And this is why consensus will never be achieved. Everyone is not only convinced that they are right from a moral standpoint (this is to be expected - we all probably feel this way) but that they and they alone have the Rosetta Stone through which to decipher exactly what the Constitution really means. So they get to win doubly. They're not just looking out for people, they're also 100% right on their interpretation of the Constitution.

No, I'm pretty sure these justices aren't shoving down inside themselves this view of how they just know the Constitution should be interpreted until they become the swing vote, and then they let it out. Instead, it makes a lot more sense to me that they, like most people, are worried about their legacy, and when they realize they can have a disproportionate impact by being the swing vote or when they feel like they're on the wrong side of history because they have been interpreting the Constitution a certain way, they change their vote because they are concerned about people's perception of them.
I make no pretensions to having the one and only true way to interpret the Constitution.  I'm not even questioning the interpretation of any decisions being made by others.  So long as those interpretations are being made consistently.

However, if someone changes their interpretation and decision based on being the swing vote and their legacy and how people will perceive them, by definition they are not basing their decision on what they truly believe to be the proper interpretation of the Constitution.  If they are doing that in situations where they believe themselves to be the swing vote, that calls into question the honesty and legitimacy of all their other decisions.

Why would it be ok to decide a case one way based on being the swing vote but decide it another way if they believed their vote was not the swing vote?

OzzieandHarriet

• Bristles
« Reply #5167 on: November 01, 2020, 09:16:45 PM »

And ... theyíre on a roll with this now.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/11/01/us/trump-biden-election?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage#trump-defends-texas-drivers-who-surrounded-biden-bus-while-presidents-supporters-block-traffic-in-new-york-and-new-jersey

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #5168 on: November 01, 2020, 11:22:14 PM »
This is always a good sign for a free, peaceful Democracy - https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/02/politics/white-house-fence-erected-again/index.html
Washington (CNN)Federal authorities are expected to put back into place a "non-scalable" fence around the entire perimeter of the White House on Monday as law enforcement and other agencies prepare for possible protests surrounding the election, a source with knowledge of the matter confirmed to CNN.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5169 on: November 01, 2020, 11:29:49 PM »
I had a MAGAtard caravan roll through my street today, about 6 or 7 pickups with flags honking horns and they circled a few times.  Of course I went out and flipped them off.  Then it started to rain, on their parade, LOL.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5170 on: November 02, 2020, 02:13:06 AM »
I had a MAGAtard caravan roll through my street today, about 6 or 7 pickups with flags honking horns and they circled a few times.  Of course I went out and flipped them off.  Then it started to rain, on their parade, LOL.
(This post also belongs in the Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance thread.)

Thank you for standing up to the bullies.

LennStar

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5171 on: November 02, 2020, 04:31:00 AM »
I don't live where such a thing accurs.
I always have wanted to blast the Star Wars Imperial March at the neonazi "concerned citizens" when they march down a street.

In case you are not sure what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNv5sPu0C1E

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5172 on: November 02, 2020, 04:36:47 AM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/us/elections/trump-defends-texas-drivers-who-surrounded-biden-bus-while-presidents-supporters-block-traffic-in-new-york-and-new-jersey.html

I got lucky yesterday and the Trump train must've turned around, because I was heading north to go buy a used stove and the southbound lane of the bridge was utterly packed with many dozens of Trump-flag-bearing vehicles, numerous vehicles displaying red/blue emergency lights, and fire trucks with flags/etc.

I didn't know it was legal for tax-funded emergency vehicles to be rolling down the highway displaying Trump flags.

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5173 on: November 02, 2020, 05:00:42 AM »
I don't live where such a thing accurs.
Neither do I, my area is NOT Trump country.  They probably got back from blocking the bridge/turnpike and decided to continue it.  The blue line flags are creepy as hell and scream proto-fascist.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 05:44:44 AM by jim555 »

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5174 on: November 02, 2020, 06:48:54 AM »
That Texas bus incident on I-35 was pretty bad, though. I am a registered Republican--who grew up in the county where it happened--and I disavow it.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5175 on: November 02, 2020, 07:06:18 AM »
I didn't know it was legal for tax-funded emergency vehicles to be rolling down the highway displaying Trump flags.

. . . are we still getting upset about the legality of things any more?

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5176 on: November 02, 2020, 07:18:54 AM »

. . . are we still getting upset about the legality of things any more?

Seriously. It's only illegal when the other side does it. If Trump's cult followers do it, it's totally fine in MAGA-land. He's got the full backing of the Fraternal Order of Police.

Gee, I feel safe. Can't wait to fend off armed Trump-bots as a poll worker tomorrow. They're acting under encouragement from their leader.

frugalnacho

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5178 on: November 02, 2020, 07:44:47 AM »
I'm seeing lots of new trump signs go up recently, especially the "Trump 2020.  No more bullshit!"

Such an odd slogan for an incumbent.  Come to think of it so is "Make America Great Again!" and "Make America Great Again, Again!"

OtherJen

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5179 on: November 02, 2020, 07:59:50 AM »
I'm seeing lots of new trump signs go up recently, especially the "Trump 2020.  No more bullshit!"

Such an odd slogan for an incumbent.  Come to think of it so is "Make America Great Again!" and "Make America Great Again, Again!"

Yep. Probably also used proudly by the same people who figuratively clutched their pearls, fainted, and blathered about morality when my district's rep swore in public in early 2019.

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5180 on: November 02, 2020, 08:17:40 AM »
I cannot help but feel like Team Trump was trying to time things so that the surge would happen during the weekend and through tomorrow.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #5181 on: November 02, 2020, 08:18:22 AM »
Until the last presidential election, I had never felt that a particular result would fundamentally shift the way people viewed the office of the presidency.  Had McCain, Romney, Gore, Kerry, Dole, Perot or Dukakis won, it never occurred to me that the presidency itself would be much different.  Sure, policies and priorities would shift, but I had no reason to suspect the office would function differently. Even after Bush v Gore I never thought that a candidate would refuse to concede after an obvious defeat.

In 2016 I was nervous about how each State's vote totals would unfold. HRC was ahead in national polling, but the race was close enough in enough states to make me feel uneasy on election night. My fear about a HRC loss was that it would be legitimate, divisive and ultimately put an individual (Trump) who didn't care about the role of the presidency in the White House.  I was certain that Trump would be vindicitive, divisive and

in 2020 (and for the first time ever) I am concerned less with the vote totals and more with people's reactions afterward. I'm skeptical that either side will accept the results as legitimate, and I fear intimidation will continue through January 20th. Should Biden win (which seems likely), I don't think Democrats will avoid the temptation to continue to investigate and prosecute him and his administration as much as their power allows.  That would bust yet another political norm in this country, and make it difficult to move on.  Should Trump win another term I suspect he will be vindictive and leverage the government to do his bidding in ways far beyond what he's already done. His base will feel re-affirmed and conduct like what we've seen above may intensify.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5182 on: November 02, 2020, 08:19:33 AM »
I cannot help but feel like Team Trump was trying to time things so that the surge would happen during the weekend and through tomorrow.

That would require a level of coordination and control over the pandemic that this administration has utterly lacked.
It also disproves his mantra that the virus is "going away" and "almost gone" and that we have "turned the corner".

bbqbonelesswing

• Bristles
« Reply #5183 on: November 02, 2020, 08:26:04 AM »

I saw a "Thank You Trump For Space Force!" sign out in PA a few weeks ago. That might be my favorite so far. Because the Space Force has positively impacted the lives of so many Americans... God bless those brave space cadets!

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5184 on: November 02, 2020, 08:28:04 AM »

I saw a "Thank You Trump For Space Force!" sign out in PA a few weeks ago. That might be my favorite so far. Because the Space Force has positively impacted the lives of so many Americans... God bless those brave space cadets!

"It's great to be black on the moon"

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5185 on: November 02, 2020, 08:29:20 AM »

How many Martian invasions have you had to deal with?  You're welcome. . .

talltexan

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5186 on: November 02, 2020, 09:08:14 AM »

That would require a level of coordination and control over the pandemic that this administration has utterly lacked.
It also disproves his mantra that the virus is "going away" and "almost gone" and that we have "turned the corner".

Apologies for not being clear: I was referring to a "surge" in enthusiasm, not a "surge" in virus spread.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5187 on: November 02, 2020, 09:31:07 AM »

Apologies for not being clear: I was referring to a "surge" in enthusiasm, not a "surge" in virus spread.

Ah, understood.  I was thinking to myself "there's no way this administration is coordinated enough to time a surge in cases to an exact weekend, even if they wanted to!"  [though his rally events might be a good vector for sparking outbreaks]

Yes, given Trump's escallating rhetoric during these last few weeks, it does seem like he's trying to drum up enthusiasm (and intimidation tactics) specifically timed for this particular week.

GreenEggs

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5188 on: November 02, 2020, 09:38:57 AM »
I wonder how likely the Dems are to getting control of the Senate?  That seems as important as sending Trump packing.  I mean if Mitch still has the Senate & is backed by SCOTUS how much can Biden repair?

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5189 on: November 02, 2020, 09:41:08 AM »

Every time I see a "Keep America Great" sign, I want to ask, "in what way is America greater now than it was 4 years ago?!?!"

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5190 on: November 02, 2020, 09:42:20 AM »

Every time I see a "Keep America Great" sign, I want to ask, "in what way is America greater now than it was 4 years ago?!?!"

We're #1 in covid cases and in flags per capita.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5191 on: November 02, 2020, 09:42:25 AM »
I wonder how likely the Dems are to getting control of the Senate?  That seems as important as sending Trump packing.  I mean if Mitch still has the Senate & is backed by SCOTUS how much can Biden repair?

The answer is 'nothing'.

McConnel has proven that a senate under him will refuse any kind of working together in favour of full obstruction of any policy change until the Democrats are no longer in power.  The Democrats need to win the senate.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5192 on: November 02, 2020, 10:16:25 AM »

[/b]

Living in 'Trump Country' this question has been asked of his supporters many times. 
Common answers include the cutting of regulation (particularly environmental protection), the reduction in [business] taxes, tariffs on foreign goods (note: many agree with putting tariffs on foreign goods but consider tit-for-tat measures by other countries to be 'unfair'), increased support for our soldiers and law enforcement, more conservative judges and an end to 'foreign entanglements' like the TPP, Paris Climate Accord or the JCPOA.

Mind you... I am personally against all of these in some way, and I don't think they benefit our country in the manner that his supporters suppose they do (in particular things like ending the TPP/JCPOA and tariffs... but his supporters frequently point to these as way our country is "better" than it was in 2015.

shuffler

• Bristles
« Reply #5193 on: November 02, 2020, 10:28:16 AM »
I wonder how likely the Dems are to getting control of the Senate?
538 says 75%.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5194 on: November 02, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
538 says 75%.

Colorado and Arizona are safe bets.

Then there's Georgia x2, Maine, Iowa (not looking so good anymore), and North Carolina.

NC looks pretty good and at least one Georgia seat is likely. The GA special will probably head to a runoff.

Multiple paths.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #5195 on: November 02, 2020, 11:00:27 AM »
538 says 75%.

Then there's Georgia x2, Maine, Iowa (not looking so good anymore), and North Carolina.

NC looks pretty good and at least one Georgia seat is likely. The GA special will probably head to a runoff.

Multiple paths.

Here's a fun vignette to the not-so-distant future. 
In 2022 the Class 3 senators up for re-election will include 12 current democrats and 20 current GOP. 

Obviously some may retire and a couple might be replaced (resignation/death) - but just as 2020 requires the GOP to play substantial defense, 2022 is also a very hard map for them.
Of the two who have already announced their retirement, both are GOP senators in purple states (Burr - N.C. and Toomey - PA).

Montecarlo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5196 on: November 02, 2020, 11:06:27 AM »
538 says 75%.

Multiple paths.

In 2022 the Class 3 senators up for re-election will include 12 current democrats and 20 current GOP. 

Obviously some may retire and a couple might be replaced (resignation/death) - but just as 2020 requires the GOP to play substantial defense, 2022 is also a very hard map for them.
Of the two who have already announced their retirement, both are GOP senators in purple states (Burr - N.C. and Toomey - PA).

Wanted to confirm you are still okay gaslighting people with whom you disagree

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5197 on: November 02, 2020, 11:09:31 AM »

Dude, you might be on the block list.

It could be another "I'm just an independent" poster, though. It's hard to remember.

dandarc

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5198 on: November 02, 2020, 11:12:15 AM »

Dude, you might be on the block list.

It could be another "I'm just an independent" poster, though. It's hard to remember.
Reviewed the last few posts from this user, added them to the ignore list. Been a banner year for my ignore list growth. If only the market had done so well.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5199 on: November 02, 2020, 11:27:25 AM »
538 says 75%.

Multiple paths.

lol are you seriously chasing people throughout various threads accusing them of gaslighting based on a post three weeks ago?

It might be time to take a vacation.