Author Topic: Things you hate  (Read 4434 times)

Linda_Norway

• Magnum Stache
Re: Things you hate
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2018, 01:10:55 AM »
Hardware of software not working as expected. Like things that worked the day or the week before that now don't, for whatever reason. Happens frequently at work, but occasionally also at home.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2018, 05:25:28 AM »
Hardware of software not working as expected. Like things that worked the day or the week before that now don't, for whatever reason. Happens frequently at work, but occasionally also at home.
This is why I have a job! :D

FamilyGuy

• Stubble
  • I'm changing things
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2018, 09:14:14 PM »
Hate to waste food. Because of my unpredictable room mate, significant amounts of cooked food ends up in fridge and I had to eat it out. Rather Id cook and eat something fresh.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 10:37:34 AM by FamilyGuy »

talltexan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #103 on: October 12, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
I was at Half-Priced books a few years ago and bought a Leonard Cohen album I'd never heard of before called "Death of A Salesman."

It is truly awful. We're talking 1970's film project music awful. I considered trying to make back the money I spent by wager other people that they would be unable to listen to it without using the FF button at least once.

FamilyGuy

• Stubble
  • I'm changing things
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »
One way and if someone is way below the speed limit. I am okay if they are old people. But not the ones talking on mobile phones. It often happens at my commute.

Dollar Slice

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2018, 09:51:56 PM »
I was at Half-Priced books a few years ago and bought a Leonard Cohen album I'd never heard of before called "Death of A Salesman."

It is truly awful. We're talking 1970's film project music awful. I considered trying to make back the money I spent by wager other people that they would be unable to listen to it without using the FF button at least once.

Maybe you got a bootleg or something, because I'm pretty sure no Leonard Cohen album by that name exists...

Johnez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2018, 11:18:52 PM »
^Perhaps it was Death of a Ladies Man.

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2018, 12:17:04 PM »
Death of a Ladies' Man is probably his worst album

Johnez

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2018, 12:36:59 PM »
MLMs. I know there's a thread where everyone bashes these things, but now I hate em. I contacted a former supervisor of mine to see if he'd be willing to be listed as a reference in my job search, he said yep and would help me out with my resume if needed. Well, that was great then he invited me to his office. I had a sneaking feeling he was into MLM BS because he once told me he was into sales but wouldn't say what he was selling. Go there, and was pitched by him and his "boss" or whatever they call him. Thankfully I was able to stop em and end it before it took too much of my time... No help on the resume and now he and his boss have my info. Ack!

Linda_Norway

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »
Having to drive the long way to work, because the short road is closed. And on the long way they are also doing roadworks and today I had to wait for 15! minutes before my direction was prioritized on the one way stretch.

Roadrunner53

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »
My town has one main bridge which is the closest for me to cross over the river. It is a two lane old bridge from the 1950's. It is a huge bottle neck and even if we had 4 lanes (2 coming and 2 going) the traffic is so heavy there still would be no where to go. We have two other bridges and they are also two lane bridges but the traffic is much less. However, they are both out of the way in both directions. I hate traffic.

FamilyGuy

• Stubble
  • I'm changing things
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
Having to drive the long way to work, because the short road is closed. And on the long way they are also doing roadworks and today I had to wait for 15! minutes before my direction was prioritized on the one way stretch.

I have the same issue. My commute is already long enough with a school on the way. Now there is a road construction going on and it is one-way. They had to manually stop one lane and let another. This has been going for a while now.