Author Topic: Tell us one thing you have done that no one else here has.  (Read 95761 times)

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Tell us one thing you have done that no one else here has.
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2017, 08:58:40 PM »

I used to wade in rivers and lakes and shock fish with car batteries for a living.   (aka USGS fish population/health surveys).   
Amazing what can turn up - anything unusual?
When bob dole was running for president, his VP choice (Kemp) mistook me for a high end call girl and invited me back to his hotel after a debate.  (i didn't go. I'm not a republican)
That is impressive, those who do fish electroshock usually do not look like high class call girls.  More like trailer park girls.
a hummingbird landed on my hand one day when i was walking to work.  I swore i was a lost Disney princess for about a week.
You have amnesia, you are a lost Disney princess.  I once had a kestrel land on my toque (I was wearing it at the time).  Not the same.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2017, 09:06:30 PM »

a hummingbird landed on my hand one day when i was walking to work.  I swore i was a lost disney princess for about a week.

Because you were propositioned or because you don't drive a car to work?

driftwood

• Bristles
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2017, 01:27:31 AM »
Fueled Air Force One - shortly after the President and First Lady got off the plane and onto Marine One for the G7 Summit in Sicily.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2017, 07:24:48 AM »
I worked at a place where on of my primary duties was to daily move millions of moths into a small room, heat the room up until they died, and then shovel their corpses into an incinerator.

I used to wade in rivers and lakes and shock fish with car batteries for a living.   (aka USGS fish population/health surveys). 

When bob dole was running for president, his VP choice (Kemp) mistook me for a high end call girl and invited me back to his hotel after a debate.  (i didn't go. I'm not a republican)

a hummingbird landed on my hand one day when i was walking to work.  I swore i was a lost disney princess for about a week.

This always intrigued us (as terrestrial biologists).  DH got an opportunity to volunteer with a fisheries crew doing this type of survey once, but I still haven't seen this technique done.... maybe someday we'll move somewhere with more water and I'll get my wish.

ETA: DH speculated, would you have gone if it was Clinton/Gore LOL? Also, fun trying to picture a high class call girl shocking fish and then doing the scooping and measuring.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 07:58:11 AM by wenchsenior »

Tass

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »
Fueled Air Force One - shortly after the President and First Lady got off the plane and onto Marine One for the G7 Summit in Sicily.

Is it still technically Air Force One if the president is not currently on the plane?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2017, 04:06:22 PM »
In a universe of infinite possibilities, finding unique experiences is much easier than finding shared ones.  For example, I am the very first person in the history of everything to ever write this exact sentence, including the nonsense SQRT XZ bloonkies.  This is true for most complex sentences, even ones without nonsense in them.

But while we're discussing noteworthy or memorable unique experiences, allow me to offer a slight meta take:  I have been to places that no other human being has ever been within miles of (spoiler: in the more remote parts of Antarctica).  Am I the only person here who has ever had the experience of being the only person to ever be somewhere?  Even the moon has 12 different people's footprints on it.

On a related note, I have had 50 year old whiskey with 500,000 year old ice in it.

The problem with this challenge is that most of the cool stuff sort of outs you, to a forum where we mostly try to conceal our real identities.  If you fess up to having run a four minute mile or stood atop Mt. Everest or played for the Seahawks, then there's a pretty short list of people you might be.  No thanks.

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2017, 04:43:30 PM »
I love this thread. Mine are pretty tame compared to others, but they're among my best memories.

I biked through Siberia (technically the Sakha Republic) with my brother and slept a night by the Lena River in a tent. Yes, there was snow on the ground. The river iced over during the night.

I took my daughter snowmachining, strapped to my chest, when she was just six weeks old. (It's the only way to get to my in-laws' cabin in the winter.)

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I've camped north of the Arctic Circle and waded in the Yukon River.

I've gotten to enjoy a natural hot springs at -40 and with the Northern Lights dancing above.

I biked through the express lanes (closed) of a local freeway.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2017, 05:00:23 PM »
I once played Denzel Washington in a ping pong game.  It was on a cruise to Mexico and it was a tournament... unfortunately, I lost!

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2017, 07:44:47 PM »
I worked at a place where on of my primary duties was to daily move millions of moths into a small room, heat the room up until they died, and then shovel their corpses into an incinerator.

This always intrigued us (as terrestrial biologists).  DH got an opportunity to volunteer with a fisheries crew doing this type of survey once, but I still haven't seen this technique done.... maybe someday we'll move somewhere with more water and I'll get my wish.

ETA: DH speculated, would you have gone if it was Clinton/Gore LOL? Also, fun trying to picture a high class call girl shocking fish and then doing the scooping and measuring.

HAHAHA!

Lol, no, not for clinton/gore either.    But that's more for personal taste reasons than political ;)  Obama maybe???  He at least was pleasant to look at.

Yes, there's nothing classier call-girl style than a girl in full waiters dragging a boat with car batteries in it behind her wading through shallow water picking up cat fish and bottom suckers.  The nicest part was finding baby sturgeon in the delaware river below Philadelphia.   The worst part, was being volunteered to remove all the poison ivy  we came across.    It was a fun project, and nice to see the underside of NJ, NY, PA, DE unused riverways and streams.    I've also done testing in the NJ meadowlands and let me tell you, there are some seriously large blue claw crabs there.  Shame its so polluted.

MrsStubble

• Stubble
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:39 PM »

sturgeon in the polluted delaware river which was a huge exciting find!   Beyond that it was mostly catfish, sunnies, and an occasional bass. 

That is impressive, those who do fish electroshock usually do not look like high class call girls.  More like trailer park girls.

I was my very republican friend's hero for a few weeks there.  For me it was so awkward, i will pick fish electroshocking any day!

a hummingbird landed on my hand one day when i was walking to work.  I swore i was a lost Disney princess for about a week.
You have amnesia, you are a lost Disney princess.  I once had a kestrel land on my toque (I was wearing it at the time).  Not the same.

YES!!!  I knew it!   Now i am going to have to teach birds and squirrels to come to me when i sing :)

A kestral would be equally as awesome, though i suspect i'd be a little more scared than anything else.   Did you get to keep your toque or did your bird friend decide they wanted it.   

Cork

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2017, 10:31:43 PM »
I chased a wild hedgehog while drunk. 

mrmoolaman

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #161 on: October 12, 2017, 12:25:28 AM »
Shook Prince William's hand. This one will definitely be cooler if/when he becomes the king.

Traveled to 14 different countries within a month. Guess that's not too rare, but maybe I'm the only one on these forums.

driftwood

• Bristles
« Reply #162 on: October 12, 2017, 05:46:15 AM »

Is it still technically Air Force One if the president is not currently on the plane?

Oh no! I guess it's not.  In that case we just refueled a random jet and it's partner jet, both really clean and shiny. And then a random set of three pretty helicopters.

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2017, 07:46:37 AM »
Once received 2 full cases of overripe limes for free. Extracted the juice and froze it in ice cube trays(4 gallons of them).

As a civilian, witnessed the refueling of a stealth fighter miles above earth. As a bonus, since I new the boom operator, he allowed me to ride in the cockpit during the landing. There were 20 other civilians on board. It was a PR campaign for teachers. 2 hours of pre-flight training, 90 minutes of flight in a KC-135 to meet up with the fighter, and a 90 minute return flight, all for 90 seconds of watching the touch and go training mission with the fighter pilot about 10 feet from me. 5 hours for 90 seconds. I would have spent 500 hours to get the same experience.

simonsez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #164 on: October 12, 2017, 07:48:30 AM »
-sex *on* Skyline Drive in Shenandoah NP
-had 1000 aces for meld in pinochle

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #165 on: October 12, 2017, 07:59:56 AM »

sturgeon in the polluted delaware river which was a huge exciting find!   Beyond that it was mostly catfish, sunnies, and an occasional bass. 

I was my very republican friend's hero for a few weeks there.  For me it was so awkward, i will pick fish electroshocking any day!

YES!!!  I knew it!   Now i am going to have to teach birds and squirrels to come to me when i sing :)

A kestral would be equally as awesome, though i suspect i'd be a little more scared than anything else.   Did you get to keep your toque or did your bird friend decide they wanted it.

I have long experience with kestrels, and I can assure you they prefer cuticles LOL.  Bitey little buggers.

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #166 on: October 12, 2017, 08:13:43 AM »
I'm very much a boring homebody that does not enjoy much adventure. But I can add this: When I was 14 Iwoke up in the middle of a major abdominal surgery (my scar is about 6 inches long). Yes, it hurt a lot. It was actually many years before I realized what had happened, I originally just thought that I woke up before the painkillers kicked in or something...but it always seemed strange that the recovery room was so bright, so blindingly bright that I couldn't open my eyes. And when I tried to move, someone grabbed my shoulder HARD and said DON'T MOVE, then I was out again. I think I was in my 30's when I read an article about people waking up during surgery and it all clicked immediately. I am lucky that I was able to move so that the doctors knew - some people are aware and can feel pain, but are otherwise paralyzed.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:18:55 AM by MandyM »

Cezil

• Stubble
« Reply #167 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:40 AM »
DMT

Nope, me too :)    Though maybe you did it on purpose. If "DMT on purpose", it's yours.

Me three. :) 2013, medicine men and woman down in Peru/Amazon Jungle, 4 ceremonies.  Glad I'm not the only one here. :)

omachi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #168 on: October 12, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
Slept in a quinzhee of my own making for three nights, during a cold-weather wilderness camping trip.

Or is this something that teenagers do for fun in Canada?

We do it for fun in the northern states. Try again. :)

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #169 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:13 AM »
I'm very much a boring homebody that does not enjoy much adventure. But I can add this: When I was 14 Iwoke up in the middle of a major abdominal surgery (my scar is about 6 inches long). Yes, it hurt a lot. It was actually many years before I realized what had happened, I originally just thought that I woke up before the painkillers kicked in or something...but it always seemed strange that the recovery room was so bright, so blindingly bright that I couldn't open my eyes. And when I tried to move, someone grabbed my shoulder HARD and said DON'T MOVE, then I was out again. I think I was in my 30's when I read an article about people waking up during surgery and it all clicked immediately. I am lucky that I was able to move so that the doctors knew - some people are aware and can feel pain, but are otherwise paralyzed.

I woke up during a medical procedure as well! It was a follow-up procedure to surgery, rather than the actual surgery, but they were poking around inside me via incision with medical equipment, and they caused an unidentified bleed in the process, so I think it counts. It was only for a second or two, and all I remember was this incredibly painful scraping sensation in my midsection, bright lights, and some sort of medical... chart? image? poster? on the wall in front of me (I'm not sure if I was on my side or if my head was just turned toward the wall for some reason?). I think I can add this one to the anti-bucket-list.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #170 on: October 12, 2017, 09:18:37 AM »

I woke up during a medical procedure as well! It was a follow-up procedure to surgery, rather than the actual surgery, but they were poking around inside me via incision with medical equipment, and they caused an unidentified bleed in the process, so I think it counts. It was only for a second or two, and all I remember was this incredibly painful scraping sensation in my midsection, bright lights, and some sort of medical... chart? image? poster? on the wall in front of me (I'm not sure if I was on my side or if my head was just turned toward the wall for some reason?). I think I can add this one to the anti-bucket-list.

Weird. This isn't nearly as crazy, but it happened recently so it's in my mind. I had my first colonoscopy about six weeks ago (yay for being 50!). Everyone told me (including the attending nurses) that I would be awake for the procedure, but I'd be anesthetized and wouldn't remember any of it. And when my husband had his, he ended up not recalling any of it, including my conversation with him when he was in recovery. So I was assuming I wouldn't remember, but in fact I remember all of it. With enough detail that the nurses and my husband confirm that I'm right -- the anesthesia didn't take me down deep enough for me to forget.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #171 on: October 12, 2017, 09:45:24 AM »

Weird. This isn't nearly as crazy, but it happened recently so it's in my mind. I had my first colonoscopy about six weeks ago (yay for being 50!). Everyone told me (including the attending nurses) that I would be awake for the procedure, but I'd be anesthetized and wouldn't remember any of it. And when my husband had his, he ended up not recalling any of it, including my conversation with him when he was in recovery. So I was assuming I wouldn't remember, but in fact I remember all of it. With enough detail that the nurses and my husband confirm that I'm right -- the anesthesia didn't take me down deep enough for me to forget.

I was sedated, drifted in and out for mine, and when I was aware enough I watched the screen.  What pretty pink insides I have.  (yes, biologists are weird).

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #172 on: October 12, 2017, 09:47:34 AM »

I was merely a convenient perching spot.  It landed, sat for a bit, and left.  I was just glad it chose my hat since I would have felt its claws at any other landing site. 

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #173 on: October 12, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »
1. I have been inside the main pyramid at Chichen Itza and was able to stand next to the Jade Jaguar
2. My first job at age 13 was working a month at a time on a long line commercial fishing boat
3. Spent New years eve in a limo with several WWF "superstars"
4. Got paid to hang out backstage at the DNC right behind the blue curtain watching people come and go
5. lived in the Stanley hotel for 6 months

GreenSheep

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
1. I have been inside the main pyramid at Chichen Itza and was able to stand next to the Jade Jaguar
2. My first job at age 13 was working a month at a time on a long line commercial fishing boat
3. Spent New years eve in a limo with several WWF "superstars"
4. Got paid to hang out backstage at the DNC right behind the blue curtain watching people come and go
5. lived in the Stanley hotel for 6 months

The Stanley! Tell us more! I don't believe in haunted places, but I bet 6 months there had to be interesting nonetheless. Beautiful area.

Rubic

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #175 on: October 12, 2017, 12:41:01 PM »
Rode Six Gap on a unicycle.

Luke Warm

• Pencil Stache

Laura33

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #177 on: October 12, 2017, 06:45:57 PM »

Me three! I was 9, and for some reason they needed to stick a tube down my throat to suction out my lungs (I don't know if it was related to my allergies/asthma, or if I had pneumonia or something).  Woke up gagging with the tube still down my throat in a very bright room; I remember the nurse noticing my eyes were open and hearing some panicked voices, and they must have adjusted something, because maybe 15-20 seconds later I was back under.  I mentioned it to my dad after, and the docs and everyone denied that it had happened, said sometimes the drugs give people weird dreams or whatever.  Wasn't until I was reading an article a few years ago about this sort of thing that I realized, yes, it really did happen.

the_fixer

• Handlebar Stache
  • mind on my money money on my mind
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2017, 06:49:16 PM »
The Stanley! Tell us more! I don't believe in haunted places, but I bet 6 months there had to be interesting nonetheless. Beautiful area.

I am sure this will be a letdown but other than it being really creepy feeling in the basement it was just a normal old building. Probably one of the coolest experiences as a kid having the run of the place, playing croquet on the front lawn, climbing on the boulders around the property and hanging out with the cooks in the kitchen while eating lunch.

My mom worked there for years but I do not remember any poltergeist talk / hype back then but i was a little kid so maybe people shielded me from it being a little kid?

We continued to live in Estes for several years and it was a great place to live   
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:51:19 PM by the_fixer »

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
Some fun ones here!

- rode BMX bike off the marina dock in Westlake Village CA
- Backpacked 28days straight in Sierra Nevada Mountains; zero re-supply, zero contact w/outside world
- rode mtb bike up Pikes Peak Barr Trail, the hiking trial. well, mostly pushed.
- Rode mtb back down. had several blowouts on the way down b/c the rim brakes got the rim so hot the tubes melted.
- routinely mowed 45 lawns/wk during Houston summers.
- Mowed 17 laws/day Saturdays, for some weeks after college started and Sat was my only free day to make $$
- tried really hard to open a screw-cap bottle of gin with a bottle opener. I may have been inebriated.
- high centered a rental Jeep in Moab and got lost on the walk back in November at night while on honeymoon
- Identical twin daughters born on the 4th of July
- Drove 1,000 miles in 14hrs in a 500hp Corvette and got 32mpg
- lost my virginity on my wedding night
- Bought a dozen Caped Flying Screaming Monkeys from Amazon because...  self explanatory
- Wore a Utilikilt to an Indian/Cajun wedding/reception
- was mistaken for a homosexual Communist
- Took 24 credit hour load and made 4.0 in 1 semester
- took 6 children + DW camping
- Built an isobaric subwoofer
- built an infinite baffle subwoofer
- removed perfectly functioning AC from vehicles. Twice.
- owned 5 personal vehicles at once, all of which operated perfectly (pre-MMM of course)
- walked 15 miles r/t to work for 3 weeks in 100 degree heat
- was gifted a polished stainless Colt 1911 45ACP for high school graduation.
- ate sushi blindfolded with 85 co-workers in Bolivia

Tomorrow, and most Saturdays:
- take 7 children on an 8 mile walk for breakfast tacos

why the kilt? are you scottish or is that a cajun thing?

editmine; Grew up a few houses from the family home of and am distantly related to the first american miss universe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miriam_Stevenson
with a  ton of work you could probably figure out who I am.

And secondly, ugh so embarrassing. I accidentally, literally, shot myself in the foot. It was only a .22 so I was fine, no long term problems, I run a lot and can run a 6ish mile.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 11:28:02 AM by hoping2retire35 »

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2017, 11:26:49 AM »
OK - I'll play

Spent the night with an American soldier - drinking wine ...:) in the ruins of Frankenstein Castle in Germany.

Miraculously survived a domestic gun assault - he sat beside me and pulled the trigger. The gun did not work, although he fired three shots just minutes before.

Long life, lots of stories to tell, most of them not suitable for forum discussion:), but I'll give you this one:
During a visit to friends in Turkey - Kurdish Freedom Fighters came late one night and removed us to an even more remote location in the mountains. Slept on the floor in a small home with strangers. Woke us up at five am, gave us ice cold well water to wash and drink (the things you remember:) and a hurried breakfast and sent us on our way.
News the next day spoke of terrorist bombings and there were military troops everywhere on that lone mountain road back to the tourist hubs.

Here's a little woo woo experience - eons ago.
Speeding down the Houston freeway in back of an oil tanker - I contemplated suicide, thinking how easy it would be to just run into that tanker and be free from pain and desperation.
I started speeding up even more - when I heard a strong, measured male voice say, "What about your son?"
It startled me. I looked in the backseat - no one there.

Young - daring and incredibly stupid...
Talked a friend into "borrowing" a five ton military truck from the motor pool overnight to move to another town four hours away. Rode along in the truck, wore "borrowed" military fatigues. Pretended to sleep while we fueled up on another base along the way, lest my accent gave me away:)

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #181 on: October 13, 2017, 11:35:31 AM »
I've edited thousand-page books. More than one.

Stash Engineer

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »
You guys and gals have cool and interesting experiences, except you Rosy - those are scary!  I've been sitting above the boom operator while refueling a B1 bomber, so strike that one from the list. 

I scored 97% on the Air Force navigator aptitude test (but was later disqualified due to poor eye sight). 
I've also dislocated my jaw, but it wasn't due to ass strike.
I've eaten honey bee larva.

MM_MG

• Stubble
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2017, 11:30:13 PM »
I'll play.

I am not an first responder, but I have given life saving CPR...twice...to the same person...that I am not related to...on different occasions...that were more than a year apart.

Oh, and I've also woken up during a surgery.  Fun times! 

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #184 on: October 14, 2017, 12:05:54 AM »
Tripped on acid in a cemetery, uh, about 50 times.

Done this in my gothic years.

Still trying to think of something....

shelivesthedream

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #185 on: October 14, 2017, 03:10:17 AM »
Come on, y'all, there are loads of duplicates in this thread! Better up your game! :)

radram

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #186 on: October 14, 2017, 07:40:04 AM »
You guys and gals have cool and interesting experiences, except you Rosy - those are scary!  I've been sitting above the boom operator while refueling a B1 bomber, so strike that one from the list. 

You got me, unless you were not in the cockpit during landing. In that case, I will sheepishly claim no one else has done it. I guess if you say you were in the cock pit on another flight, then I am out :)

It is quite a view from up there isn't it?

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #187 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:54 AM »
I've eaten honey bee larva.

Got you there, I've eaten larva too! Though I'm not sure if the ones I had were bee, hornet or wasp. But any of those are close enough!

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #188 on: October 14, 2017, 08:46:12 AM »
Sticky taped various freshly dissected cockroach parts into a biology workbook. Carried around that same workbook for school for the rest of the semester. I am curious to know if other high schools make their students do this or was mine just particularly gross?

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #189 on: October 14, 2017, 10:08:07 AM »
Got one! Biopsy grossing a severed finger. Work, y'all. Poor dude.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #190 on: October 14, 2017, 11:47:33 AM »

I have been an English speaker for a very long time, but I have no idea what is being said here.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #191 on: October 14, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »

I have been an English speaker for a very long time, but I have no idea what is being said here.

"I have a good story ton contribute to this thread!  I work in a medical facility and one day we removed a finger as part of a procedure.  Working in the medical profession sure is crazy, folks.  I felt really bad for the poor guy with the missing finger."

tthree

• Bristles
« Reply #192 on: October 14, 2017, 06:23:38 PM »
Judged the world's oldest female gymnast in Vault finals at an International Competition.

solon

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #193 on: October 14, 2017, 07:23:01 PM »

"I have a good story ton contribute to this thread!  I work in a medical facility and one day we removed a finger as part of a procedure.  Working in the medical profession sure is crazy, folks.  I felt really bad for the poor guy with the missing finger."

lol sol

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
« Reply #194 on: October 14, 2017, 07:26:29 PM »
Broke up a drug dealing gang

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #195 on: October 14, 2017, 07:50:25 PM »
When I was a child (maybe 8 or 9yo?), I met the Governor General of Australia (link for those who might not know what that role is), Sir Ninian Stephen.

However:
1) I didn't know who he was when he started making polite small talk with me.
2) I was a very shy socially clueless child.
3) (most importantly) I had severe laryngitis at the time and couldn't have spoken even if I'd wanted to.

Context was I was waiting in the foyer for a classical music concert (or something like that) and he just happened to be there too.

anotherAlias

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #196 on: October 14, 2017, 08:28:55 PM »
I love this thread.  My life is pretty boring except for that one time I almost had a car accident with a bathtub.   I was sitting at a red light behind a junk truck.  The truck was heaping with assorted junk and balanced precariously at the top was an old claw foot tub.  When the light turned green and the truck accelerated, the tub started wobbling.  Then as if in slow motion, I watched the tub fall off the truck and land right in front of my car.  Thankfully I waited longer than normal to accelerate or the story wouldn't have been as amusing.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #197 on: October 15, 2017, 12:36:51 AM »
Was reminded of one today... I've been visible in the audience in at least four different concert films/music documentaries. (One of them was never officially released/finished, but I saw an unreleased rough cut, so I'm counting it.) 

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #198 on: October 15, 2017, 12:43:16 AM »
I ate a tarantula in Cambodia.

I was not keen on the juicy cockroach however.

driftwood

• Bristles
« Reply #199 on: October 15, 2017, 02:00:21 AM »

You got me, unless you were not in the cockpit during landing. In that case, I will sheepishly claim no one else has done it. I guess if you say you were in the cock pit on another flight, then I am out :)

It is quite a view from up there isn't it?

I've been both in the back with the boom operator and in the cockpit (entire flight), but those were two separate flights.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!