Author Topic: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...  (Read 1309414 times)

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
Re: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...
« Reply #2600 on: July 05, 2018, 02:43:42 PM »
This is what is frustrating. I expect something like this thread on reddit or elsewhere but not the mustache forums. People here are typically thoughtful and logical. Give one or two sensible, cited, arguments why Trump or the GOP(it is ok to criticize the Dems too) is doing something foolish. Make your case plainly, in unbiased terms, why you think it is detrimental to the country. Done.

We should make a new thread, 'Sensible Criticisms of President Trump.'
I thought the color of the imperial guards matched MAGA hats, quite well.
As others have pointed out above, the obsequience of Trump to Putin over the course of his campaign and presidency has been flabbergasting. Does *anyone* actually expect Trump to take a hard line on Putin at this meeting? Does anyone even know what the stated intent of hte meeting is? Best I've heard is that Trump would like to deliver a better leader to leader relationship with Russia. Setting aside how good relations are good in a general sense, what specific American interests are served by this, while he simultaneously turns staunch allies into frenemies. Was the picture juvenlie? yes. But, if the theme of this thread is speculation on the future of a Trump presidency, I think the image was absolutely spot on.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2601 on: July 05, 2018, 03:08:11 PM »
Did Scott Pruitt just resign as head of the EPA?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2602 on: July 05, 2018, 03:17:33 PM »
Yep. I don't expect his replacement to be any better on policy issues, but hopefully he/she will be less smarmy, corrupt, and self-dealing.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2603 on: July 05, 2018, 04:03:43 PM »
Yep. I don't expect his replacement to be any better on policy issues, but hopefully he/she will be less smarmy, corrupt, and self-dealing.

Ahh yes... sorry, only now just read the posts three screens up. Blame the mobile.

So it seems the sound proof booth did not help him get away with doing all those shady things he's accused of...

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2604 on: July 05, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »

If you really want to vomit read his resignation letter... is that a resignation letter or a letter to his god (or both)?

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2605 on: July 05, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »

If you really want to vomit read his resignation letter... is that a resignation letter or a letter to his god (or both)?

Indeed. There is a lot of religion in there for a letter in any way related to a position supposedly based on implementation of policy based on science. I know many serious scientists who also have a religious/spiritual life and this would pass muster with none of them. Gag.

Alternate interpretation: "I'd really like Jeff Sessions's job when you eventually can him."

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #2606 on: July 05, 2018, 07:29:04 PM »
in case anyone wanted to read Pruitt's resignation letter for themselves:

Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2607 on: July 05, 2018, 09:15:58 PM »

Mr. President, it has been an honor to serve you in the Cabinet as Administrator of the EPA. Truly, your confidence in me has blessed me personally and enabled me to advance your agenda beyond what anyone anticipated at the beginning of your Administration. Your courage, steadfastness and resolute commitment to get results for the American people, both with regard to improved environmental outcomes as well as historical regulatory reform, is in fact occurring at an unprecedented pace and I thank you for the opportunity to serve you and the American people in helping achieve those ends.

That is why it is hard for me to advise you I am stepping down as Administrator of the EPA effective as of July 6. It is extremely difficult for me to cease serving you in this role first because I count it a blessing to be serving you in any capacity, but also, because of the transformative work that is occurring. However, the unrelenting attacks on me personally, my family, are unprecedented and have taken a sizable toll on all of us.

My desire in service to you has always been to bless you as you make important decisions for the American people. I believe you are serving as President today because of God’s providence. I believe that same providence brought me into your service. I pray as I have served you that I have blessed you and enabled you to effectively lead the American people. Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and I wish you Godspeed in all that you put your hand to.

GAGGGGG MEEEEEE!!!!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2608 on: July 06, 2018, 03:41:52 AM »

And we're supposed to bow down to these people?

Muppet.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2609 on: July 06, 2018, 05:56:31 AM »
Am I the only one suspicious that DJT didn't write Pruitt's resignation letter himself?  It sounds an awful lot like his 'medical evaluation' letter which he dictated during the primaries.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2610 on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:43 AM »
What is with Donny calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again? It is summer so I guess it is time for reruns. What an embarrassment he is.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2611 on: July 06, 2018, 07:44:05 AM »
What is with Donny calling Elizabeth Warren Pocahontas again? It is summer so I guess it is time for reruns. What an embarrassment he is.

He’s scared she’s gonna run against him in 2020, so he has to keep this slur active in everyone’s minds.

You know, because he can’t actually debate policy, or anything.

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #2612 on: July 06, 2018, 07:55:45 AM »

And we're supposed to bow down to these people?

Muppet.

You are Australian, so no. In fact, no one should 'bow' to them.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2613 on: July 06, 2018, 08:02:11 AM »
Am I the only one suspicious that DJT didn't write Pruitt's resignation letter himself?  It sounds an awful lot like his 'medical evaluation' letter which he dictated during the primaries.

I assume you mean, is anyone suspicious that Trump DID write Pruitt's letter?  I'm not, it's way too creepy-religious, and Pruitt's well-known to be that.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2614 on: July 06, 2018, 08:14:31 AM »

Not enough spelling errors or poor punctuation. He might have dictated it or had it ghostwritten, though.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2615 on: July 06, 2018, 08:18:34 AM »
Can you imagine how much conservatives would lose their shit if similar religious language from a muslim congressmen made it's way out?  Like if Keith Ellison wrote:

Obama, my desire in service to you has always been to bless you as a servant of the Prophet as you make important decisions for the American people.  I believe you are serving as President today because of Allah's providence.  The same providence brought me as a devout Muslim into your service.  I pray as always that the Koran and hand of Muhammad continues to guide you to effectively lead the American people.  Thank you again Mr. President for the honor of serving you and salaam alaikum.

We would hear no end of the dangers of Muslims, the danger of the Muslim religion in government, the need to keep religion and politics seperate, the ongoing war on Christianity, etc.  But the same language from a Christian?  Nah.  Not a peep.  Nothing wrong or odd here.  Perfectly normal that a high ranking government official is proselytizing his religion.

FrugalToque

• Global Moderator
  • Pencil Stache
« Reply #2616 on: July 06, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »

Not enough spelling errors or poor punctuation. He might have dictated it or had it ghostwritten, though.

Did it mention his amazing electoral college victory, that no one even thought was possible?  His inauguration crowd size?

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #2617 on: July 06, 2018, 08:42:48 AM »
This is what I am talking about. Nonsense, conspiracy theory stuff that has no bearing on policy. So what if he did, I am sure all Presidents do. Probably a lot of CEOs and other executives craft resignation letters for well known employees.

Here is one; lets talk about post tariff inflation.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trade-wars-trump-loads-first-volley-against-china-165021914.html

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2618 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:55 AM »

Did it mention his amazing electoral college victory, that no one even thought was possible?  His inauguration crowd size?
See above if you want to read the full text.
What makes me think this wasn't written by Pruitt at all is how many times the letter praised Donald Trump and how little it mentioned Pruitt himself.  In three paragraphs there was literally one single line about Pruitt's experience and reason for leaving ("...the unrelenting attacks on me personally, and on my family..."

At the same time the letter praises Trump's courage, steadfastness, resolute commitment and leadership. It mentions what an honor it was to serve Trump  no fewer than 3 times.  Interestingly, not once in Pruitt's resignation letter did it mention what an honor it was to serve America  or the EPA - only that the honor was in serving Trump in those capacities.

In three occasions the letter details how 'successful' Trump has been - beyond what anyone could have imagined (could this by Trump's signature hyperbole at play?).

True, his references to God and divine providence are not typically Trump-speak, but even when praising God the letter goes out of its way to say how God has selected Trump to lead (e.g. divine providence)

To me the whole thing sounds like Trump trying to imitate Pruitt's deep religious faith and tone, but the faith part is all wrong, and he can't resist praising himself above all else. Pruitt here is blessing Trump, and instead of giving reverence to God for everything, he's giving reverence to Trump.  In this letter Trump comes out higher than God.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2619 on: July 06, 2018, 09:04:10 AM »
This is what I am talking about. Nonsense, conspiracy theory stuff that has no bearing on policy. So what if he did, I am sure all Presidents do. Probably a lot of CEOs and other executives craft resignation letters for well known employees.

Well this is an "off-topic" thread to begin with, but I wouldn't say this is conspiracy theory stuff; we already know that Trump dictated his medical exam and then went on to attack HRC's medical fortitude.

The letter might not directly relate to policy, but I do find it offensive on a number of fronts. We have a long and bipartisan tradition in this country of honoring service to the office.  That's changing here every time people pledge fealty to DJT but not to their country or its ideals.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2620 on: July 06, 2018, 09:11:07 AM »

What makes me think this wasn't written by Pruitt at all is how many times the letter praised Donald Trump and how little it mentioned Pruitt himself.  In three paragraphs there was literally one single line about Pruitt's experience and reason for leaving ("...the unrelenting attacks on me personally, and on my family..."

At the same time the letter praises Trump's courage, steadfastness, resolute commitment and leadership. It mentions what an honor it was to serve Trump  no fewer than 3 times.  Interestingly, not once in Pruitt's resignation letter did it mention what an honor it was to serve America  or the EPA - only that the honor was in serving Trump in those capacities.

In three occasions the letter details how 'successful' Trump has been - beyond what anyone could have imagined (could this by Trump's signature hyperbole at play?).

True, his references to God and divine providence are not typically Trump-speak, but even when praising God the letter goes out of its way to say how God has selected Trump to lead (e.g. divine providence)

To me the whole thing sounds like Trump trying to imitate Pruitt's deep religious faith and tone, but the faith part is all wrong, and he can't resist praising himself above all else. Pruitt here is blessing Trump, and instead of giving reverence to God for everything, he's giving reverence to Trump.  In this letter Trump comes out higher than God.
More likely that Pruit thinks he might need a pardon at some stage.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2621 on: July 06, 2018, 10:00:58 AM »

That, and I think he's delusional enough to still hope Trump might kick out Sessions and appoint him AG.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2622 on: July 06, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »

That, and I think he's delusional enough to still hope Trump might kick out Sessions and appoint him AG.

This.  I've read quite a bit of info profiling Pruett's life and career, and he seems somewhat mentally unstable.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2623 on: July 06, 2018, 10:27:38 AM »
Apparently this just broke:

AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

To head off what seems like the inevitable, from the article: "Eligible recruits are required to have legal status in the U.S., such as a student visa, before enlisting."

So much for protecting those who take the legal route.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2624 on: July 06, 2018, 11:26:23 AM »
1.6% GDP growth is real GDP growth rate above and beyond the inflation rate.
 One way to increase GDP growth is to promote immigration into the United States.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2625 on: July 06, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »

i believe excellent writer spell that "pour" punctuation.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2626 on: July 06, 2018, 11:54:08 AM »
Trump during last night’s 2020 campaign rally in Montana. The president, ladies and gentlemen:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

Source: https://newrepublic.com/minutes/149656/donald-trumps-mind-still-elton-john and many other reports.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2627 on: July 06, 2018, 11:54:51 AM »
Having worked for several companies and being high enough up in the organization, no CEOs do not craft resignation letters for their employees.  Is that an absolute?   Of course not, but as a general rule this is a massive stretch.  As such, that's why it would be strange.  Even Lincoln in the middle of the Civil War when was never found to have done such things.  Might not be a "conspiracy" but if Trump drafted a letter it is beyond the pale and not something I'd be happy to have any president do.  You, however, do not seem to have that barrier.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2628 on: July 06, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »

1. Most economists agree that Trump's policies from tariffs to tax breaks are absolutely terrible in the long run, and in some cases the short run. Arguing on the basis of facts and analysis means little to this administration, and we have a president who seems to avoid in depth analysis regardless of context.
2. Nonsense conspiracy stuff seems to fill a significant portion of the administration's content. And, the actual conspiracy stuff just speaks for itself. It is entirely appropriate to (still) be outraged at the behavior of this administration and treat it with disdain. The level of cronyism, outright lying and fabrication, and incompetence is disgraceful. The behavior is not okay and treating it as normal is also not okay.
3. I am happy to discuss policy, and enjoy it quite a bit especially with those with different views. However, I do think that with this administration there are, necessarily, parallel conversations about policy and conduct. Both are important.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2629 on: July 06, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »
Trump during last night’s 2020 campaign rally in Montana. The president, ladies and gentlemen:

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

Source: https://newrepublic.com/minutes/149656/donald-trumps-mind-still-elton-john and many other reports.

Jesus Christ. Someone put this guy in a home, please.

FIRE@50

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2630 on: July 06, 2018, 12:13:08 PM »

The crazy thing is that his supporters love to applaud this nonsense. Literal nonsense.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2631 on: July 06, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »

The crazy thing is that his supporters love to applaud this nonsense. Literal nonsense.

It's hard for me to comprehend that none of the rally attendees were thinking "THIS is our great savior? What the fuck was I thinking?!" Maybe it's an Emperor's New Clothes-type delusion.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2632 on: July 06, 2018, 12:35:02 PM »
In a way I understand the reactions of people in the crowd. People in large groups react to each other, and react to the person with the microphone - it's what makes live concerts a shared fun experience and why people can be induced to shout, jump, clap, or dance in unison when they'd feel uncomfortable doing it alone.
I do wonder how many people reflect back a day or so late and think 'some of that was utter rubbish'.... not many, i'm guessing.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2633 on: July 06, 2018, 12:42:23 PM »
In a way I understand the reactions of people in the crowd. People in large groups react to each other, and react to the person with the microphone - it's what makes live concerts a shared fun experience and why people can be induced to shout, jump, clap, or dance in unison when they'd feel uncomfortable doing it alone.

Yeah...plus, the past 2 years have demonstrated that one does not want to go against the herd in a Trump rally.

I do wonder how many people reflect back a day or so late and think 'some of that was utter rubbish'.... not many, i'm guessing.

Seconded. Although again, I find it hard to comprehend how anyone can read the transcript and consider him a good leader.

caracarn

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2634 on: July 06, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »

It's hard for me to comprehend that none of the rally attendees were thinking "THIS is our great savior? What the fuck was I thinking?!" Maybe it's an Emperor's New Clothes-type delusion.
Sadly, I think it is simpler than that.  I do not think many are intelligent enough to determine that what he says is nonsense.  The average understanding of most citizens is terribly poor.  I just watched a segment of a new program where they asked people what the 4th of July signified.  Out of twenty respondents not a single one got it right.  The general understanding of civics in this country has gotten staggeringly low and I would suggest that as low as you might think it is the reality is several orders of magnitude lower than what you think.  I can count on one hand the people I know who can speak factually and intelligently on these topics and the level of ignorance I see manifested in conversations I have with almost everyone amazes me.

So these attendees will never reflect "what was I thinking".  That's not something that will make sense to them.

FIRE@50

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2635 on: July 06, 2018, 12:47:01 PM »
I have many friends and family members who proudly voted for Trump. I've yet to have one of them tell me that they regret that decision.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2636 on: July 06, 2018, 12:47:39 PM »

Sadly, I think it is simpler than that.  I do not think many are intelligent enough to determine that what he says is nonsense.  The average understanding of most citizens is terribly poor.  I just watched a segment of a new program where they asked people what the 4th of July signified.  Out of twenty respondents not a single one got it right.  The general understanding of civics in this country has gotten staggeringly low and I would suggest that as low as you might think it is the reality is several orders of magnitude lower than what you think.  I can count on one hand the people I know who can speak factually and intelligently on these topics and the level of ignorance I see manifested in conversations I have with almost everyone amazes me.

So these attendees will never reflect "what was I thinking".  That's not something that will make sense to them.

Anecdotally, the interactions I have with Trump lovers  in my life support your argument.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2637 on: July 06, 2018, 12:53:22 PM »
Reminds me of a bit Jay Leno did ("Jaywalking" series) where they walked around town and asked a bunhc of people seemingly simple questions.
one time they were in Washington DC asking people who lived in the "big white house at 1600 Pennsylvania ave".  A bunch of nothing.  Then they asked "who lives in a pineapple under the sea?"  100% of people got that second questions right.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2638 on: July 06, 2018, 01:38:39 PM »

Whooooo America! Yeah, best record breaker evar! Hoooodogggie!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2639 on: July 06, 2018, 04:31:48 PM »
Getting back to charities, it appears (based on tax records) that Trump preferentially donated to charities that happened to decide to throw big parties at his Mar a Lago property.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/395848-trump-foundation-donations-went-to-charities-that-held-events-at-mar

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2640 on: July 06, 2018, 05:33:08 PM »
And our DOJ, aka the-department-without-a-heart, was wondering if it could just ignore children with parents that were already deported (!).

In an earlier filing, the government asked the court for clarity about whether officials need to reunite children with with deported parents, noting that the judge's ruling did not specify whether deported parents should be included.

Ya fuckin' kidding me?

[Judge] Sabraw ultimately said parents who were deported are considered members of the class of parents affected.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-immigration-family-reunifications/h_7e4929c189be634aa576d9a0f109ea52

Speculation: When your DOJ acts like flaming assholes, expect it to come back at you during election season.

TrudgingAlong

• Stubble
« Reply #2641 on: July 06, 2018, 07:04:44 PM »
And our DOJ, aka the-department-without-a-heart, was wondering if it could just ignore children with parents that were already deported (!).

In an earlier filing, the government asked the court for clarity about whether officials need to reunite children with with deported parents, noting that the judge's ruling did not specify whether deported parents should be included.

Ya fuckin' kidding me?

[Judge] Sabraw ultimately said parents who were deported are considered members of the class of parents affected.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/us-immigration-family-reunifications/h_7e4929c189be634aa576d9a0f109ea52

Speculation: When your DOJ acts like flaming assholes, expect it to come back at you during election season.

(Edit to fix my terrible autocorrect!)

What in the actual fuck....setting aside the horrifying humanitarian issue, why the hell does an administration that despises immigrants and thinks they cost us so much money, voluntarily put these kids in foster care and try to keep them there?! Now they are assured of costing us money, and they will eventually add to the the current DACA issue. These people can’t even be consistent with their asshole decisions.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:51:26 PM by TrudgingAlong »

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2642 on: July 06, 2018, 07:43:04 PM »

Ya fuckin' kidding me?

What in the actual fuck....setting aside the horrifying humnaitarian issue, why the hell does an administration that despises immigrants and thinks they cost us so much in foster care and trying to keep them there?! Now they are assured of costing us money, and they will eventually add to the the current DACA issue. These people can’t even be money, voluntarily putting their kids consistent with their asshole decisions.

Future illegals to rail against, blame Obama, MAGAAAA!!!

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2643 on: July 06, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Hard to believe we still have a solid year and a half to go before the next election.  Meanwhile, China is going after Trump supporters - https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-tariffs-hit-trump-counties-harder-1530869400

and the immigration fiasco continues to escalate https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration-children/judge-orders-u-s-to-provide-list-of-separated-migrant-children-idUSKBN1JW1W0

The U.S. government must provide a list by Saturday evening of the estimated 100 children under the age of 5 who were separated from their parents when entering the United States, a federal judge ordered on Friday.

How did this world replace the one that I used to live in?  Surely I'm reading some really good new fictional story novelist (akin to Tom Clancy) and I can close the book at the end and everything will go back to normal!

Kyle Schuant

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2644 on: July 07, 2018, 12:53:18 AM »
Getting back to charities, it appears (based on tax records) that Trump preferentially donated to charities that happened to decide to throw big parties at his Mar a Lago property.
WTF, I donated 5% of my income to Effective Altruism last year and they didn't throw a party at my place! Ripped off. Probably commies.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #2645 on: July 07, 2018, 01:45:03 AM »
WTF, I donated 5% of my income to Effective Altruism last year and they didn't throw a party at my place! Ripped off. Probably commies.
Kyle, despite your profile pic showing you as Atlas-in-training, nobody cares what you say on the internet.  That doesn't mean they are communist.  If you actually do something altruistic IRL with a substantive sacrifice, you might be surprised that real people really are affected. 

For instance, we helped out our church this week getting set up for children's ministry and in a couple days.  We will soon see lots of kids entertained by the little bit of work we put in, while getting a wholesome message. 

I can't imagine, if you donate time and resources effectively in something you really believe in, how you can be disappointed.

Kyle Schuant

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2646 on: July 07, 2018, 07:01:51 AM »
Kyle, despite your profile pic showing you as Atlas-in-training, nobody cares what you say on the internet.  That doesn't mean they are communist.
Your inability to detect sarcasm or irony marks you as humourless, most especially lacking any sense of humour about yourself. This is a characteristic Americans share with Germans and Arabs, which is of course why you all keep starting so many wars.

Relax.

For instance, we helped out our church this week getting set up for children's ministry and in a couple days.  We will soon see lots of kids entertained by the little bit of work we put in, while getting a wholesome message. 
But will the little buggers throw you a party? Hmmm?

Howcome Trump gets people throwing parties for him and we don't? It's not fair! I'm oppressed! I'm writing to my MP.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2647 on: July 07, 2018, 07:43:11 AM »
Kyle, despite your profile pic showing you as Atlas-in-training, nobody cares what you say on the internet.  That doesn't mean they are communist.
Your inability to detect sarcasm or irony marks you as humourless, most especially lacking any sense of humour about yourself. This is a characteristic Americans share with Germans and Arabs, which is of course why you all keep starting so many wars.

Relax.

Your sarcasm was clear to me, but I’m not sure I can adequately convey how nasty the the political discourse is in this country right now. It’s understandable how tone could be missed in written text. I’ve been on the receiving end of worse comments that were definitely not sarcasm. I’m dreading my upcoming family reunion because several (the majority, I think) aunts/uncles/cousins think that Dear Leader is doing a fantastic job and people who don’t support him blindly are not really American, and even my sweet elderly uncle thinks that the parents whose kids were stolen from them at the border had it coming to them because they chose to come here. Historically, my family has not been kind to people who don’t fall in line with the group consensus (I’ve called it Borg before).

But will the little buggers throw you a party? Hmmm?

Howcome Trump gets people throwing parties for him and we don't? It's not fair! I'm oppressed! I'm writing to my MP.

Right? The far right wing swore up and down that Soros was going to set me up if I marched and became politically active. Almost 18 months later, I’m still waiting for my protest pay. It’s almost as though Fox, Alex Jones, and Breitbart were (gasp!) lying! Who would have ever suspected it?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2648 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:26 AM »
lacking any sense of humour about yourself. This is a characteristic Americans share with Germans and Arabs, which is of course why you all keep starting so many wars.

Nonsense.  We don't start wars because we are humorless.

We start wars because we hate brown people.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2649 on: July 07, 2018, 12:30:53 PM »
lacking any sense of humour about yourself. This is a characteristic Americans share with Germans and Arabs, which is of course why you all keep starting so many wars.

Nonsense.  We don't start wars because we are humorless.

We start wars because we hate brown people.

Start wars, steal children, abduct/detain/torture innocent people, remote control murder . . . Don't sell yourself short.  There's a lot of hard work that America puts into hating brown people.