Author Topic: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...  (Read 1309304 times)

Cool Friend

• Pencil Stache
Re: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...
« Reply #7100 on: May 08, 2019, 12:49:13 PM »
And here's Trump's tweeted response:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1126078423816921092?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1126078423816921092&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalkingpointsmemo.com%2Fnews%2Ftrump-insists-wanted-show-business-losses-calls-sport

Real estate developers in the 1980’s & 1990’s, more than 30 years ago, were entitled to massive write offs and depreciation which would, if one was actively building, show losses and tax losses in almost all cases. Much was non monetary. Sometimes considered “tax shelter,” ......
....you would get it by building, or even buying. You always wanted to show losses for tax purposes....almost all real estate developers did - and often re-negotiate with banks, it was sport. Additionally, the very old information put out is a highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!

In short: he did everything he could to make losses look big to avoid paying taxes. It was a game for him. "Sport". However, the lossess look pretty real when his projects were actually failing. I'd say the tax benefit of that is not the lede.

But also, it's fake news and didn't happen.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7101 on: May 08, 2019, 01:21:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1126078423816921092?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1126078423816921092&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftalkingpointsmemo.com%2Fnews%2Ftrump-insists-wanted-show-business-losses-calls-sport

Real estate developers in the 1980’s & 1990’s, more than 30 years ago, were entitled to massive write offs and depreciation which would, if one was actively building, show losses and tax losses in almost all cases. Much was non monetary. Sometimes considered “tax shelter,” ......
....you would get it by building, or even buying. You always wanted to show losses for tax purposes....almost all real estate developers did - and often re-negotiate with banks, it was sport. Additionally, the very old information put out is a highly inaccurate Fake News hit job!

In short: he did everything he could to make losses look big to avoid paying taxes. It was a game for him. "Sport". However, the lossess look pretty real when his projects were actually failing. I'd say the tax benefit of that is not the lede.

But he could have done it if he wanted to, because it is totally legal and even impressive to win such a game!

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7102 on: May 08, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »

But he could have done it if he wanted to, because it is totally legal and even impressive to win such a game!
Fox news can't seem to see a downside to losing like that.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fox-and-friends-trump-tax-losses

Maybe so much winning is just so much losing?

By the River

• Bristles
« Reply #7103 on: May 09, 2019, 06:52:34 AM »
Sincere question:

If Trump wins re-election in 2020, why don't you expect that Bernie supporters would riot like we're describing?

Because Bernie doesn't have a long and documented habit of endorsing/condoning/suggesting violence on the campaign trail and in his tweets?

Yet, it was a Bernie Bro that shot Representative Scalise and other republicans and police officers at the baseball practice.  Remember that attempted political assassination less than 2 years ago?

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7104 on: May 09, 2019, 07:27:32 AM »
Sincere question:

If Trump wins re-election in 2020, why don't you expect that Bernie supporters would riot like we're describing?

Because Bernie doesn't have a long and documented habit of endorsing/condoning/suggesting violence on the campaign trail and in his tweets?

Yet, it was a Bernie Bro that shot Representative Scalise and other republicans and police officers at the baseball practice.  Remember that attempted political assassination less than 2 years ago?

Yes. Does that contradict Kris's statement?

To clarify how this is different than with Trump, I don't think anyone is suggesting that a few extremists who attacked someone is proof that Trump has encouraged violence, we're suggesting that Trump has encouraged violence and the attacks are a consequence.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7105 on: May 09, 2019, 07:29:17 AM »
I decided to go full-on liberal for my news reading this morning, and it was disappointing:

https://slate.com/business/2019/05/trumps-1-billion-losses-new-york-times-taxes-democrats-troll-him.html
It would have been nice to have this clarity about Trump's skill as a business man before he was President. Now, his supporters have his actions as President to reassure them that they continue to want him as President.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/trust-pelosi.html
This article repeats the same refrains about tacking to the middle that caused Obama to ultimately lose to McConnell.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7106 on: May 09, 2019, 07:30:16 AM »
Sincere question:

You didn't actually engage what Kris was talking about. Try again.

PathtoFIRE

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7107 on: May 09, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »

So then we agree in at least a 2-prong approach
1) stop supporting politicians, media figures, etc. who promote violence
2) severely limit access to guns and other killing weapons

*waits for agreement*

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7108 on: May 09, 2019, 03:23:33 PM »
Sincere question:

Remember when everyone (Repubs and Dems) strongly condemned the shooting? I do. Remember when Trump condemned violence at his rallies? Yeah me neither.

C-note

• Stubble
« Reply #7109 on: May 09, 2019, 04:35:19 PM »
“At the end of the testimony: no collusion and essentially no obstruction,” Trump said.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/09/trump-mueller-testify-congress-1314257 

Well that certainly clears everything up.  No longer "No collusion.  No obstruction" but "essentially no obstruction."

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7110 on: May 09, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »
“At the end of the testimony: no collusion and essentially no obstruction,” Trump said.
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/09/trump-mueller-testify-congress-1314257 

Well that certainly clears everything up.  No longer "No collusion.  No obstruction" but "essentially no obstruction."

That's his line, but the report itself is more clear. 

What the Mueller report actually says is that collusion definitely happened, but they couldn't prove criminal intent.  Rather it just looked like generic incompetence.  And then the second part says he definitely obstructed justice, but that that the special counsel lacked the authority to prosecute so Congress would have to do it.

Trump somehow took this as a win.  Part A says "you're a bad president and a terrible human being, but more of an idiot than a criminal mastermind."  Part B says "you're guilty, but I can't do anything about it except refer the case to Congress."  Trump responded to both of these clear condemnations with "Total exoneration!  It's over!"

scottish

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7111 on: May 09, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »
I decided to go full-on liberal for my news reading this morning, and it was disappointing:

https://slate.com/business/2019/05/trumps-1-billion-losses-new-york-times-taxes-democrats-troll-him.html
It would have been nice to have this clarity about Trump's skill as a business man before he was President.

it wasn't exactly a secret...

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7112 on: May 10, 2019, 07:29:27 AM »
There were some questions I was asking people in 2016:

• How come Trump hasn't served on the board of any major company?
  • How come all the debt on Trump real estate is held by foreign lenders?
  • How come Trump properties very suddenly switched to all-cash deals in the mid-2000's?
  • How come there aren't stories about Trump being wicked-smart from people who work for him behind-the-scenes (as there are about almost every other major political figure)?

I can appreciate why people were willing to roll the dice on "Not-Clinton" once.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
    • Here's how you can support science today:
« Reply #7113 on: May 10, 2019, 12:46:38 PM »
There were some questions I was asking people in 2016:

• How come Trump hasn't served on the board of any major company?
  • How come all the debt on Trump real estate is held by foreign lenders?
  • How come Trump properties very suddenly switched to all-cash deals in the mid-2000's?
  • How come there aren't stories about Trump being wicked-smart from people who work for him behind-the-scenes (as there are about almost every other major political figure)?

5. Why do the people who say they want a successful businessman running the country often not care that Trump and his organization have resisted making public the same kind of information that public companies and virtually every government official is required to provide?

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7114 on: May 10, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
6. How many successful businessmen have multiple bankruptcies and hundreds thousands of court cases against them for not paying contractors?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 02:52:17 PM by Omy »

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7115 on: May 10, 2019, 01:13:43 PM »
6. How many successful businessmen have multiple bankruptcies and hundreds of court cases against them for not paying contractors?

you missed a digit, the lawsuits are in the thousands. If he was a business he would get a failing grade/do not use recommendation from the BBB.

https://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/trump-lawsuits/

PathtoFIRE

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7116 on: May 10, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
I don't disagree one bit with what y'all are saying regarding Trump's history as a businessman, but you are asking (some) people to weigh facts, history, detailed financial analyses, numerous anecdotal statements, etc. against their OWN EYES:

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7117 on: May 11, 2019, 06:05:12 AM »
I don't disagree one bit with what y'all are saying regarding Trump's history as a businessman, but you are asking (some) people to weigh facts, history, detailed financial analyses, numerous anecdotal statements, etc. against their OWN EYES:

+1 Appearance is everything to some. Facts be damned! Reminds me a little of the Ted Bundy documentary I watched recently. In the middle of his grizzly murder trial women were still swooning over him because he looked "dreamy" and was a sweet talker.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7118 on: May 11, 2019, 06:44:43 AM »
Agreed a lot of it is about appearances.  Which is one of the reasons I think Mayor Pete might have a decent chance against Trump: he is Trump's polar opposite in almost every way from the military service onwards and hard for Trump to attack personally.  Trump's "sleepy, creepy" jibe against Bidon, rightly or wrongly, would worry me.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7119 on: May 11, 2019, 10:11:52 AM »
Or to put it another way - many people would rather act rich than be rich.
For many living a lavish lifestyle - even if its on the edge of bankruptcy - holds more appeal than having seven figures in the bank.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7120 on: May 13, 2019, 07:34:56 AM »
Here we go: China to impose tariffs on U.S. goods despite Trump warning

From the repeatedly failed businessman himself:

Trump warned China not to intensify the trade dispute and urged its leaders, including President Xi Jinping, to continue to work to reach a deal. “China should not retaliate-will only get worse,” he said on Twitter.

“I say openly to President Xi & all of my many friends in China that China will be hurt very badly if you don’t make a deal because companies will be forced to leave China for other countries,” Trump wrote.

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7121 on: May 13, 2019, 07:55:39 AM »
Trade is not supposed to be a zero-sum game.
It seems here that DJT is defining "winning" as "losing less than China" in this trade war.

The current spike in tariffs do not apply to goods already in transit.  Goods shipped by air (not much) are already affected, while shipped cargo will be hit roughly around the end of the month, should a deal not be reached by then.

FIPurpose

• Handlebar Stache
    • FI With Purpose
« Reply #7122 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »
It seems here that DJT is defining "winning" as "losing less than China" in this trade war.

The current spike in tariffs do not apply to goods already in transit.  Goods shipped by air (not much) are already affected, while shipped cargo will be hit roughly around the end of the month, should a deal not be reached by then.

Accidental solution to global warming?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7123 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »
I am going to be buying a toolbox as soon as I close on my house...I should probably look into whether or not its price is going to skyrocket.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7124 on: May 13, 2019, 08:55:48 AM »
Here we go: China to impose tariffs on U.S. goods despite Trump warning

From the repeatedly failed businessman himself:

Trump warned China not to intensify the trade dispute and urged its leaders, including President Xi Jinping, to continue to work to reach a deal. “China should not retaliate-will only get worse,” he said on Twitter.

“I say openly to President Xi & all of my many friends in China that China will be hurt very badly if you don’t make a deal because companies will be forced to leave China for other countries,” Trump wrote.

This is great... lets see how this will impact US economy, and how many people end up losing their job because of this.

He must be surprised that China is not listening to his tweet... omg!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7125 on: May 13, 2019, 09:23:21 AM »
Is the 25% tariff on automobiles too? So, a $40,000 car would have a $10,000 tariff?

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7126 on: May 13, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »
Is the 25% tariff on automobiles too? So, a $40,000 car would have a $10,000 tariff?

Markets down over 2% this morning based on Trump's tweets.

Conspiracy theory:  Donald Trump hates being President and desperately wants to lose the 2020 election without looking like a loser, so he's deliberately tanking the economy in the hopes of losing voters while still maintaining the "I'm the best businessman" facade.  That way he can blame factors "totally beyond anyone's control" for his loss, and live out his last year or two of life giving speeches to adoring crowds while criticizing the next administration for it's terrible handling of the economic crisis. 

nereo

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7127 on: May 13, 2019, 09:36:00 AM »

Here's the list of tariffs
https://www.scribd.com/document/388885888/US-China-Tariff-List-09-17-18#from_embed?campaign=SkimbitLtd&ad_group=35871X943606X85e5b88f3e29793b9aedfe3fe1152ced&keyword=660149026&source=hp_affiliate&medium=affiliate

Mostly it is on raw goods, including lots of animal products and foodstuffs (particularly seafood and veggies), and ore & refined metals - plus some fully manufactured products like refrigerators, engines and air conditioners.

Even if it applied to automobiles (it doesn't seem to, directly?) very few chinese cars are sold in the US.  What's more likely to happen is much of the raw materials and electronics that go into cars will be hit by this tariff.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7128 on: May 13, 2019, 09:46:32 AM »

Conspiracy theory:  Donald Trump hates being President and desperately wants to lose the 2020 election without looking like a loser, so he's deliberately tanking the economy in the hopes of losing voters while still maintaining the "I'm the best businessman" facade.  That way he can blame factors "totally beyond anyone's control" for his loss, and live out his last year or two of life giving speeches to adoring crowds while criticizing the next administration for it's terrible handling of the economic crisis.

Or he sells a whole bunch of stock, then goes on a Twitter rampage and buys it all back 2 days later at a discount..

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7129 on: May 13, 2019, 10:56:44 AM »

Accidental solution to global warming?
Not by far, unfortunately. It might buy us a few more months or even a year if this goes on though.

Glenstache

• Magnum Stache
  • FI(lean) working on the "RE"
« Reply #7130 on: May 14, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
meanwhile in the category of, "easily predictable outcomes of John Bolton", we have the US putting war with Iran back on the table. Remember when Dick Cheney envisioned a neocon wet dream of regimes falling across the middle east and spontaneously flourishing into 'merica-loving democracies. Yep. How's that worked out so far?
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/13/world/middleeast/us-military-plans-iran.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7131 on: May 15, 2019, 05:29:35 AM »

Which really make some sense imo

Maybe he is tired taking hits everywhere (except Fox)
Maybe he realize being President is not as easy as it looks, and even only working 2-3 hr/day (if that), that just 2-3 hr too much
Maybe he rather spend his time cheating as much as he can before he die
Maybe....

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7133 on: May 15, 2019, 07:07:38 AM »

Which really make some sense imo

Maybe he is tired taking hits everywhere (except Fox)
Maybe he realize being President is not as easy as it looks, and even only working 2-3 hr/day (if that), that is just 2-3 hr too much
Maybe he rather spend his time cheating as much as he can before he die
Maybe....

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7134 on: May 15, 2019, 07:11:50 AM »
This is unbelievable!

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-administration-censorship-erasing-affordable-care-act-from-federal-websites_n_5cdb3428e4b0437438c341ed

Less service for more money.  That's the kind of conservatism that the Republican party really stands for today.  Paying IT guys extra money to removing content already created and paid for, hosted on government web sites that are still being paid for, with the goal of making life more difficult for the public.  Zero savings and extra costs in order to short change the public.

The Republican base will lap this up.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 07:13:25 AM by GuitarStv »

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7136 on: May 15, 2019, 10:37:17 AM »
And latest news Trump wants to hijack the 4th of July and make it a psuedo-Trump Rally paid by the American people.

Fireworks over the Washington Mall have worked fine for the past 70 years. What he wants to do (make a speech at the Lincoln Memorial) will both take up a bunch of space that the public used to be able to enjoy while waiting for or watching the fireworks. As well as making a logistical nightmare for anyone traveling to and from that entire area (due to security concerns). Kind of a big middle finger to the American public trying to enjoy the festivities and a day off.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/05/13/trumps-fourth-july-plans-include-presidential-address-report-says/1186852001/

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:42:08 AM by partgypsy »

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #7137 on: May 15, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »
And latest news Trump wants to hijack the 4th of July and make it a psuedo-Trump Rally paid by the American people.

Fireworks over the Washington Mall have worked fine for the past 70 years. What he wants to do (make a speech at the Lincoln Memorial) will both take up a bunch of space that the public used to be able to enjoy while waiting for or watching the fireworks. As well as making a logistical nightmare for anyone traveling to and from that entire area (due to security concerns). Kind of a big middle finger to the American public trying to enjoy the festivities and a day off.   

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/05/13/trumps-fourth-july-plans-include-presidential-address-report-says/1186852001/
That sounds pretty cool!  The 4th of July is a very patriotic holiday and having the president of the United States participating, instead of just celebrating with his family?  Amazing president, country first and family second.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7138 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:08 PM »

That sounds pretty cool!  The 4th of July is a very patriotic holiday and having the president of the United States participating, instead of just celebrating with his family?  Amazing president, country first and family second.

Replace "country" with "himself" and that would be more accurate.

Cool Friend

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7139 on: May 15, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »
if he's a good boy I bet they'll let him sit in the fire engine again!  all by himself, even!

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7140 on: May 15, 2019, 02:25:14 PM »

The last thing I want is to see a politician giving a speech on the 4th of July, unless they were around during the signing of the Declaration of Independence!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7141 on: May 15, 2019, 02:27:31 PM »

At this point, anyone who can look at Trump’s actions and think he puts country first is engaging in pathological levels of self-delusion.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7142 on: May 15, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »

You can ask anyone who lives in the DC idea if they think this is a "cool" idea rather than self-aggrandizing, partisan, political and actually really disruptive to anyone wanting to celebrate festivities in the Washington Mall area. You would get a resounding answer. It is his obsession with his crowd counts as well as wanting big pomp and circumstance ala Kim Jong and Putin. If he goes through with this, dollars to donuts he will claim anyone who shows up for the festivities was there for HIM.

4th is for ALL of AMERICA. Leave the 4th fricking alone. 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 03:05:33 PM by partgypsy »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7143 on: May 15, 2019, 02:58:40 PM »
In other news, Russia continues to expand its influence over Europe - https://www.ogj.com/articles/2019/05/senators-bill-would-impose-nord-stream-2-sanctions.html?cmpid=&utm_source=enl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ogj_daily_update&utm_content=2019-05-15&eid=288229876&bid=2445581

Shaheen said, “Unfortunately, [Russian Pres. Vladimir Putin] is dangling the prospect of cheap gas in front of some of our closest allies to monopolize the supply of energy in Europe and bring increased instability to the continent.”

She warned, “This pipeline has the tremendous potential to compromise energy security throughout the continent for decades.”

Their action came hours after Tass, Russia’s official news agency, quoted Gazprom Deputy Chairman Vitaly Markelov saying that only 40 km remains to be built of the 800-km Russian portion of the proposed pipeline from Russia beneath the Baltic Sea to Germany.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7144 on: May 16, 2019, 05:28:18 AM »

At this point, anyone who can look at Trump’s actions and think he puts country first is engaging in pathological levels of self-delusion.

This. Why don't we just let him slap up a giant gold "Trump" sign (on the taxpayers' dime, like everything else he does) over Lincoln's face? That would succinctly summarize the state of the nation today.

"Amazing president"...JFC. Do you even hear yourself, give a shit about this country or even know how our government is supposed to work? Clue: not like this. We've allowed ourselves to be hijacked by a power-mad, unpatriotic party and clearly some voters drank the kool-aid.

sherr

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7145 on: May 16, 2019, 07:14:54 AM »

This. Why don't we just let him slap up a giant gold "Trump" sign (on the taxpayers' dime, like everything else he does) over Lincoln's face? That would succinctly summarize the state of the nation today.

"Amazing president"...JFC. Do you even hear yourself, give a shit about this country or even know how our government is supposed to work? Clue: not like this. We've allowed ourselves to be hijacked by a power-mad, unpatriotic party and clearly some voters drank the kool-aid.

No, frankly, they don't. Trumpers don't care about any of those things, and they don't actually believe any of the words coming out of their mouths. They only say things like that because they know they'll get a rise out of people. "Owning the libs" is more important than literally anything else. And by that metric things are going swimmingly for them, hence why they love Trump so much.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7146 on: May 16, 2019, 07:42:41 AM »

No, frankly, they don't. Trumpers don't care about any of those things, and they don't actually believe any of the words coming out of their mouths. They only say things like that because they know they'll get a rise out of people. "Owning the libs" is more important than literally anything else. And by that metric things are going swimmingly for them, hence why they love Trump so much.

Yeah, and then we smack our heads when farmers are like, 'gee whiz, China aren't buying my soybeans' and people are like, 'healthcare is so screwed up, but what can you do?'

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #7147 on: May 16, 2019, 07:44:39 AM »
After spending the last couple days with a raft of Trumpers, they just don't care about facts.  It's a lot easier to just believe what they want than to spend a little effort to learn the truth.  "I don't want to debate it" was also used.  They don't believe in climate change, they don't care about the environment, they don't think Trump lies, and the deficit?  "Well, it doubled under Obama".  So that's that.

I needed a shower and a long nap when I finally got home.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7148 on: May 16, 2019, 07:45:29 AM »
Trade wars are good and easy to win, so I don't know how Trumps actions could have anything to do with trade problems with China.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #7149 on: May 16, 2019, 08:29:19 AM »
After spending the last couple days with a raft of Trumpers, they just don't care about facts.  It's a lot easier to just believe what they want than to spend a little effort to learn the truth.  "I don't want to debate it" was also used.  They don't believe in climate change, they don't care about the environment, they don't think Trump lies, and the deficit?  "Well, it doubled under Obama".  So that's that.

I needed a shower and a long nap when I finally got home.

A lesson that has stuck with me is how, in absence of predators, deer will overpopulate and denude an area, eventually leading to the whole group starving to death.  Humans have seemingly managed to improve on this problem - even a minority of our species can now willingly produce enough climate change (since one guy, the President, says it's OK even though every expert is freaking out) to wipe out all life on the planet!  And even through the final years of crazy weather, rising sea levels, and species collapse, they will probably shrug and say, 'it's the weather, what can you do?'.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!