Author Topic: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...  (Read 1308814 times)

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
Re: So Let's Speculate about the Future of a Full Trump Presidency...
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2017, 01:02:54 PM »
Liberals are always looking for the negative, and never give credit for the positive things.

Listen, I agree with you that the 24 hour news cycle requires mountains to be made out of every molehill. Tons of inconsequential actions are now repackaged as major crisises. It's pathetic and makes it hard to tell when major events are actually happening (i could rant about this at length).

But! I'm here. I'm a liberal (mostly). I'm trying to give the trump administration credit for the positive things they've done. Please, what are the specific good things the administration has accomplished that you feel have been underreported or undervalued?

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2017, 01:08:38 PM »
Several hundred or even thousand people on twitter

Ugh +1000. Buzz feed has made an entire new cottage industry of finding 10 people on Twitter with a dumb opinion and presenting it as representative of something.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »
Only 1 million?  I thought he was "really rich". 
Whenever he pledges something they find out later he didn't actually deliver.

If his "net worth" is actually anywhere near accurate (and it's debatable that it is), $1 million represents 0.029% of his net worth.

I challenge everyone to take the Trump Challenge and donate 0.029% of your net worth to Harvey relief efforts.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2017, 01:33:21 PM »
Literally all that Trump supporters care about is pissing off liberals. Trump could completely destroy the country, and they'd be fine with it as long as liberals were angry about it.

That's all anyone needs to know to understand a Trump supporter anymore. I wish I was exaggerating.

I'm hearing the exact opposite.  The liberals gloat about anything negative as an excuse to criticize President Trump.  I remember during the election how giddy the liberals were getting when early indications were the stock market was going to drop - blaming it on Trump.  Then suddenly, the stock market takes off on a bull run, but they don't give him credit for that, only anything negative they can spin up.  Trump denounced racism and white supremacists, but most liberals just filtered that out of their minds as if they never heard it, and instead, twisted other comments he made.  Liberals are always looking for the negative, and never give credit for the positive things.  If something terrible happens, the liberals will be all too happy as they will have a chance to blame something else on President Trump.

Trump has a 36% approval rating. The fact that you blame everything "anti-Trump" on liberals shows profound ignorance. Unless you think 64% of the country are liberals. The stock market was already on a bull run. Trying to attribute it's rise to a newly elected President is disingenuous. What policies did he enact within hours of becoming President that had  a direct impact on the market? The answer is none. And none sense. Looking at history markets tend to fall during election years. I would have expected it to fall (perhaps not as bad) if Clinton were elected.

As far as denouncing white supremacist, no, Trump did no such thing on his own accord. When left to speak for himself, he called white supremacist/Neo-Nazis "good people." Anyone that isn't racist (Dems and Repubs alike) denounced it in full force. Oh, but he read a pre-made statement in between. That didn't mean jack shit because he followed that up defending his original statement. 

You should stop trying to defend the indefensible. And blaming every bad thing Trump says or does on liberals "just not finding the positive." 

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2017, 02:10:51 PM »

If his "net worth" is actually anywhere near accurate (and it's debatable that it is), $1 million represents 0.029% of his net worth.

I challenge everyone to take the Trump Challenge and donate 0.029% of your net worth to Harvey relief efforts.

A true Trump challenge would only involve pledging to donate 0.029%.  You don't actually have to give over the money.

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2017, 02:19:07 PM »

Done, but I did round up, I hope that is ok. ;)

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »

A true Trump challenge would only involve pledging to donate 0.029%.  You don't actually have to give over the money.

True, true.  Just make a big public statement about pledging to give 0.029% of your net worth and then the actual donating part is kind of up to you.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »

True, true.  Just make a big public statement about pledging to give 0.029% of your net worth and then the actual donating part is kind of up to you.

I totally pledge this, too.

Man, look how much we're getting done! #maga

lost_in_the_endless_aisle

« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »
Several hundred or even thousand people on twitter

Ugh +1000. Buzz feed has made an entire new cottage industry of finding 10 people on Twitter with a dumb opinion and presenting it as representative of something.
+$1,000,000

I've also seen anal sex advertised on the walls of several hundred men's rooms, which are higher quality news sources than Twitter. I suppose one good thing about Trump is he's moved the Overton Window into a bathroom stall, situated approximately at crotch-level. Make America Gloryhole Again.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2017, 03:32:02 AM »
Have you guys bombed North Korea yet?

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2017, 07:00:35 AM »
Have you guys bombed North Korea yet?

Personally I think it's more likely the Chinese are going to Pyongyang than we are.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2017, 07:11:12 AM »
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-walks-back-trumps-promise-to-give-1-million-of-his-personal-money-to-harvey-victims-4691cf5e6dd6/

Lolololol

24 hours after pledging $1m of his own personal money, the White House is walking back that part of the pledge, leaving open the option the donation comes from the Trump Foundation.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2017, 07:27:41 AM »
off topic comments about Obama, digressions about how Antifa is "just as bad"
Yeah, we just had two more of those off topic comments about Obama's birth certificate which have nothing to do with Trump donating $1,000,000 of his personal money to help Harvey victims.   That's probably about 1,000,000 times what those whiners are donating.

Trump does have a long history of lying about charitable donations:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-promised-millions-to-charity-we-found-less-than-10000-over-7-years/2016/06/28/cbab5d1a-37dd-11e6-8f7c-d4c723a2becb_story.html?utm_term=.4a17ddbd14c6 .  Given his history, is it reasonable to expect people to believe him this time?

If only Trump's supporters could have predicted that he would lie about this charity as he has done so many times in the past.  Good thing this was completely unforeseeable, otherwise they might have come off looking like idiots.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »
https://thinkprogress.org/white-house-walks-back-trumps-promise-to-give-1-million-of-his-personal-money-to-harvey-victims-4691cf5e6dd6/

Lolololol

24 hours after pledging $1m of his own personal money, the White House is walking back that part of the pledge, leaving open the option the donation comes from the Trump Foundation.

Fucking slimeball!!

paddedhat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2017, 04:57:14 PM »

Lolololol

Fucking slimeball!!

Oh, this episode is nothing compared to his infamous crashing of the HIV daycare center fundraiser event. Definitely a top ten on the  "Is there a more fucked up, egotistical scumbag on the planet?" list of Trump buffoonery.

https://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/308289/trump-crashed-aids-charity-macarena/

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/904080965059870720

What. The. ****.  First off, why compare the Coast Guard to the media? Secondly, the media was on the ground reporting and many media members helped to save lives.

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/904049309850710016

This man has a mental illness.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2017, 09:17:47 PM »
Literally all that Trump supporters care about is pissing off liberals. Trump could completely destroy the country, and they'd be fine with it as long as liberals were angry about it.

That's all anyone needs to know to understand a Trump supporter anymore. I wish I was exaggerating.

I'm hearing the exact opposite.  The liberals gloat about anything negative as an excuse to criticize President Trump.  I remember during the election how giddy the liberals were getting when early indications were the stock market was going to drop - blaming it on Trump.  Then suddenly, the stock market takes off on a bull run, but they don't give him credit for that, only anything negative they can spin up.  Trump denounced racism and white supremacists, but most liberals just filtered that out of their minds as if they never heard it, and instead, twisted other comments he made.  Liberals are always looking for the negative, and never give credit for the positive things.  If something terrible happens, the liberals will be all too happy as they will have a chance to blame something else on President Trump.

Trump has a 36% approval rating. The fact that you blame everything "anti-Trump" on liberals shows profound ignorance. Unless you think 64% of the country are liberals.

While calling me ignorant, you showed true ignorance by engaging in a straw man argument, arguing against a point I never tried to make.  Of course it's easier to argue the straw man than against what I actually stated, so I'm not surprised.  Try going back and re-reading what I posted, and that should be obvious to you.  I never blamed "everything anti-Trump on liberals" nor did I speak to liberals as the only ones who disapprove.  Actually, I didn't even mention his approval rating.  Speaking about liberals always looking for something negative to say is not mutually exclusive to some independents and conservatives who may disapprove of Trump, such as for not passing health care reform or whatever else they are wanting done.  But thanks for the straw man laugh.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2017, 09:29:36 PM »
The stock market was already on a bull run. Trying to attribute it's rise to a newly elected President is disingenuous. What policies did he enact within hours of becoming President that had  a direct impact on the market?

You missed the point on the stock market comment.  I wasn't implying whether he had impacted the market or not.  Re-read.  I said liberals were quick to blame Trump for a drop in the stocks/futures, but they didn't give him credit when stocks went up.  You can't have it both ways, yet that's how the liberals take it.  That was the point.

Also, one doesn't have to actually enact policy the moment of becoming president to impact the market.  It was known that Trump was the candidate the most voters trusted on the economy, who wanted to cut taxes, cut excessive government regulation, repeal Obamacare, create an infrastructure stimulus package, renegotiate trade deals, bring back jobs, etc.  And since most people did not expect him to win, Hillary winning was priced into the market, until Trump won.  So his plans regarding all those items lit a fire under the market before he ever took office.  And the market is still doing well, at near record highs.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
As far as denouncing white supremacist, no, Trump did no such thing on his own accord.

Actually, he spoke on it freely once he had all the facts.  This is the quote:

"Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

It's no surprise that the mainstream media and liberals even complained about that with comments like, "he didn't say it fast enough."

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2017, 09:48:26 PM »

Lolololol

Talk about a misleading headline.  There was no "walking back."  Someone asked the press secretary, and she responded:

“I haven’t had a chance to do that.”

So, she had no information on it, that's NOT walking back, simply because she didn't have an answer, but Trump did say he was personally going to give, which indicates he was going to finance it completely from his personal stach, not foundation money.  If he doesn't come through with his personal money, then I think we will hear about it, and there should be hell to pay.

Also, it looks like Trump is looking to provide nearly 8 BILLION dollars as a down payment in disaster funding for Harvey.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/politics/harvey-funding-white-house-congress/index.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of critical comments on that as well.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 10:00:52 PM by GenXbiker »

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2017, 05:39:45 AM »

I never blamed "everything anti-Trump on liberals" nor did I speak to liberals as the only ones who disapprove.

Um yeah you did. I bolded all groups/people on your post (Notice it's only liberals):

I wasn't implying whether he had impacted the market or not.  Re-read.  I said liberals were quick to blame Trump for a drop in the stocks/futures, but they didn't give him credit when stocks went up.  You can't have it both ways, yet that's how the liberals take it.

LMAO. You weren't implying Trump impacted the market but were blaming liberals for not giving him credit for impacting the market? FYI, there is no new healthcare, no tax reform, etc. There isn't a considerable increase in Trump promised jobs. There are literally no new Trump policies yet the market is doing well. Thanks Obama!

Actually, he spoke on it freely once he had all the facts.

Yes we know. He defended his original comments in which he stated that there were "very fine people on both sides" meaning there were fine counter-protesters and fine Neo-Nazis/White Supremacist. What you quoted was a scripted response handed to him and read by him. It was not a response of his own accord. Why would one need a scripted response when calling out racism? Pretty fucking easy to call out racism. You don't need to wait for facts to do that.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 05:47:13 AM by MasterStache »

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2017, 06:18:58 AM »

Lolololol

Talk about a misleading headline.  There was no "walking back."  Someone asked the press secretary, and she responded:

“I haven’t had a chance to do that.”

So, she had no information on it, that's NOT walking back, simply because she didn't have an answer, but Trump did say he was personally going to give, which indicates he was going to finance it completely from his personal stach, not foundation money.  If he doesn't come through with his personal money, then I think we will hear about it, and there should be hell to pay.

Also, it looks like Trump is looking to provide nearly 8 BILLION dollars as a down payment in disaster funding for Harvey.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/01/politics/harvey-funding-white-house-congress/index.html

I'm sure there will be plenty of critical comments on that as well.

1) You have conveniently ignored that $1m represents 0.029% of his net worth. You have also ignored the dozens of "pledges" he's made to charity without ever following through on the donation. One such study found he personally has made one charitable donation since 2008. One.

2) SHS came out and said he's personally give his own money, then the next day she couldn't confirm it.  So either she went out of line on Thursday or Trump walked it back. Pick one.

3) Texas alone needs $125 billion to recover. Trump is also proposing massive cuts to FEMA and federal relief.

4) You cherry picked the one statement Trump made about white supremacists.  His first comment included "many sides" and then in his presser he said "very fine people on both sides." The man is unhined and delusional. It's easy for 60+% of the country to see. Think about that.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2017, 06:32:36 AM »

1) You have conveniently ignored that $1m represents 0.029% of his self-reportednet worth. You have also ignored the dozens of "pledges" he's made to charity without ever following through on the donation. One such study found he personally has made one charitable donation since 2008. One.

BIB: To be fair, if Trump has exaggerated his reported net worth then his $1m pledge could be a higher percentage of the actual net worth, which would make it more praiseworthy.  If and when he comes through with the actual donation, of course.

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #224 on: September 05, 2017, 12:48:43 AM »
Oh thank goodness the next generation has an explanation for what is going on...  makes as much and maybe even more sense than anything I've got - https://youtu.be/dq37f5LUJgc

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2017, 08:35:58 AM »

The man is unhined and delusional. It's easy for 60+% of the country to see. Think about that.

Hope you realize that national political discourse is entirely unhinged and delusional, and has been since at least the 90s.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2017, 08:37:46 AM »

The man is unhined and delusional. It's easy for 60+% of the country to see. Think about that.

Hope you realize that national political discourse is entirely unhinged and delusional, and has been since at least the 90s.

So your plan to fix the problem is to double down?

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #227 on: September 05, 2017, 09:59:44 AM »

I never blamed "everything anti-Trump on liberals" nor did I speak to liberals as the only ones who disapprove.

Um yeah you did. I bolded all groups/people on your post (Notice it's only liberals):

Actually, no I didn't.  You need to re-read my previous statement, because it clearly went over your head.  Speaking about a group of people doesn't mean that another group of people might or might not give Trump a favorable approval rating.  They are NOT mutually exclusive, as I explained before.  I never spoke to approval ratings one way or another in the post that you responded to with the straw man.  I never said that "only liberals" would give Trump an unfavorable rating, let alone anyone else.  That's apples and oranges.  Like I said, straw man argument, because you had no argument for what I actually said is so common among liberals.

You weren't implying Trump impacted the market but were blaming liberals for not giving him credit for impacting the market?

Go back and re-read.  In my original comment, I said liberals can't have it both ways - blaming when the market is headed down while not giving credit when it goes up.   Pretty simple concept.  I like how you spun it around that I was saying he deserve the credit or blame. and totally missed that part where I was talking about the liberals' viewpoints, even though you later put the word in "bold" multiple times.  That looks like a contradiction on your part.  I was talking about liberals (this doesn't necessarily exclude some non-liberals from feeling the same way), which I normally wouldn't have to bother mentioning, but it appears that saying liberals, you always interpret to mean "all and only liberals, with out exception" or you think I'm talking about my own views despite saying liberal.  Welcome to the interwebs.  LOL

FYI, there is no new healthcare, no tax reform, etc.

Your reading comprehension is the worst, or you are playing dumb.  Which is it?  You asked how the stock market could go up so much when Trump was elected and hadn't implemented any policies yet.  I explained why that is the case, simply because of his agenda which was known before he ever got elected, and economic experts have said as much as well.

Fortunately, jobs have been added and the market has gone up ever since he was elected.  Of course, you liberals won't give him credit.  Tax cuts are yet to come, they just might be put off until 2018.  He's already cutting Obama regulations.  He has the authority to make changes - not everything has to be legislation that is signed into law, but I'm sure we'll see more of that happen.  Don't panic - the best days are ahead.  Keep riding the Trump stock market climb for now.

"very fine people on both sides" meaning there were fine counter-protesters and fine Neo-Nazis/White Supremacist.

He was speaking of the non-violent protesters that didn't want to see historical statues removed, who were also there protesting, who were not in the white supremacist or other groups.  When he said that there was blame on both sides, he was referring to the violence, which he actually went into in further detail.  He NEVER condoned racism of any sort.

I disagree about jumping the gun and calling someone racist without knowing the facts.  You shouldn't call someone a racist if you aren't certain of it.  Do you realize that some people were falsely accused as being protesters because someone thought they "looked like" a person photographed?  He and his family were threatened repeatedly. 

These days,  even the term "racist" is so loosely used, that you have to question the facts of the case if used out of context.  For example, some people say that if you want to lower taxes, you're racist.   If you want stronger sentencing for drug crimes, you're racist.  If you want to help your white children with homework, you're a dream hoarder, and that's racist.   It's ridiculous.  True racism should be called out, and it's a shame that so many have hijacked the term to take away the true meaning.  If someone is truly racist, they should keep it to themselves and not act out on it.

Trump indeed called out racism in his official response once he had all the facts.  The fact he condemned violence on both sides doesn't take away that fact that he said:

"Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."

Of course, that doesn't align with the liberals' narrative.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:14:09 AM by GenXbiker »

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #228 on: September 05, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

So your plan to fix the problem is to double down?
I don't have any plans to fix discourse. I vote for a set of likely policy outcomes. My biggest problem is the withdrawal from TPP, but that was fait accompli by March 2016. We'll see what happens with North Korea, which is currently the biggest issue facing the nation, but that's the legacy of multiple Presidents from both parties, NOT Trump.

Really don't care about the income taxes or the donations or what hat he wore or Tayor Swift's dig at Kanye.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2017, 10:12:56 AM »
"very fine people on both sides" meaning there were fine counter-protesters and fine Neo-Nazis/White Supremacist.

He was speaking of the non-violent protesters that didn't want to see historical statues removed, who were also there protesting, who were not in the white supremacist or other groups.

Could you list some of the names of these fine, upstanding non-violent protesters you're referring to who were marching with Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists but weren't part of their groups?

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #230 on: September 05, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
1) You have conveniently ignored that $1m represents 0.029% of his net worth. You have also ignored the dozens of "pledges" he's made to charity without ever following through on the donation.

I didn't ignore that, but most of his net worth is tied up in real estate.  Do you expect him to sell of his business interests just to increase his donation?  He said he's donating $1M of his own money.

It sounds like Sanders didn't want to speak out of line when the question was asked, but she didn't walk it back saying that he was not going to donate his personal money. 

Actually those cuts to FEMA were MUCH smaller, less than 1% of the expected cost of Harvey.   And Trump is pushing for many times that much funding for Harley.

I didn't cherry pick, I posted his official statement once he had all the facts.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #231 on: September 05, 2017, 10:42:59 AM »

He was speaking of the non-violent protesters that didn't want to see historical statues removed, who were also there protesting, who were not in the white supremacist or other groups.

Could you list some of the names of these fine, upstanding non-violent protesters you're referring to who were marching with Neo-Nazis and White Supremacists but weren't part of their groups?

Why do you want their names?  So the far left can threaten them and their families?  And what if you target someone with the same name?  I don't condone that and have no desire to partake in it.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #232 on: September 05, 2017, 10:59:02 AM »

You are cherry picking the one time he condemned white supremacists/neo-Nazis/KKK in a formally written statement.  He contradicted himself a few days later at an informal press conference with no teleprompter.  He did not call out these groups solely the day of the protests, while other GOP members did because...wait for it...denouncing racism and Nazis is about the easiest thing he could possibly do.

"Waits for all the facts."

LMAO What a crock.  Look up the Central Park 5.  Look up Trump's horrendous response to that.

Trump in the October 9th debate: Now, to solve a problem, you have to be able to state what the problem is or at least say the name."

He still won't call out Nazis/KKK/white supremacy as the problem.

As president, Trump has also jumped the gun on international incidents, like in June when he labeled violence in the Philippines a "terrorist attack" just minutes before officials said it was the result of a suspected robbery.

"We are closely monitoring the situation and I will continue to give updates, anything happens, during this period of time," he said. "But is really pretty sad what is going on throughout the world with terror. Our thoughts and our prayers are with all of those affected."

Trump has also commented on terrorism that never actually happened. Speaking before a Florida crowd in February, Trump stressed the need to keep "our country safe" and, in a pitch about strict immigration policies due to terror concerns, he lamented "what's happening last night in Sweden."

"Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden," he said. "They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible."

There was no terrorist attack in Sweden the night before Trump's speech.

Via - http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/15/politics/trump-delay-charlottesville-statement/index.html

Yes, he really seems like a "wait till we get all the facts" kind of guy.  *Rolls eyes.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #233 on: September 05, 2017, 11:00:05 AM »

Why do you want their names?  So the far left can threaten them and their families?  And what if you target someone with the same name?  I don't condone that and have no desire to partake in it.

I want their names because I don't believe the people you're referring to ever actually existed.  I think that at the first sign of swastikas and Klan hoods at a big rally any fine upstanding non-violent protester will pack up his/her stuff and head home.  By the time that violence broke out, there were no fine upstanding non-violent protesters standing with the group of Nazis and Klan members.  I don't believe that you're stupid . . . so suspect that you must know this too, despite your (and Trump's) professed belief in these peace unicorns.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 05:50:22 PM by GuitarStv »

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #234 on: September 05, 2017, 11:21:46 AM »

Your posts are intensely silly.

golden1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #235 on: September 05, 2017, 11:33:56 AM »
It really is amazing how there is nothing that Trump supporters can’t justify.  It’s like Jonestown on a national scale.  Historians are going to have a field day with this era. 

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #236 on: September 05, 2017, 05:38:11 PM »

I was talking about liberals (this doesn't necessarily exclude some non-liberals from feeling the same way), which I normally wouldn't have to bother mentioning, but it appears that saying liberals, you always interpret to mean "all and only liberals, with out exception" or you think I'm talking about my own views despite saying liberal.

LMAO, yes when one says liberal it typically means liberal. It doesn't mean conservative, clowns or vampires. I see where the confusion is now. When you stated liberal over and over you didn't actually mean liberal. And thus threw a temper tantrum because I didn't understand that liberal doesn't actually mean liberal.

And telling me I should re-read was some sort of clue that what you wrote wasn't what you meant. On the bright side it makes sense why you support Trump now. ( :

Of course, you liberals won't give him credit.

Do ware wolfs count as liberals? Because then I agree with your assessment if they do. 

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #237 on: September 05, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »

I was talking about liberals (this doesn't necessarily exclude some non-liberals from feeling the same way), which I normally wouldn't have to bother mentioning, but it appears that saying liberals, you always interpret to mean "all and only liberals, with out exception" or you think I'm talking about my own views despite saying liberal.

LMAO, yes when one says liberal it typically means liberal. It doesn't mean conservative, clowns or vampires.

LOL!!!  YOU are the one who brought up the point that there are "non-liberals" who disapproved of Trump.   I wasn't even talking about approval ratings!  You came up with that in your straw man argument, where you argued against a point that I never tried to make.  LOL!!!

I see where the confusion is now. When you stated liberal over and over you didn't actually mean liberal. And thus threw a temper tantrum because I didn't understand that liberal doesn't actually mean liberal.

LOL!!!   No, you still don't see.   You seriously need to go back and re-read a few more times.  I said liberal, but it was you that brought up non-liberals and approval ratings in your straw man argument.  LOL!!!

Do ware wolfs count as liberals?

"ware?"  LOL!!!   And once again, you are the one who brought up non-liberals.  I was speaking about liberals.  I have to laugh as I see you trying to put that on me!  Talk about a straw man and total twisting things around.   Reading comprehension isn't your strong point.  I think you're just upset that I called you out on your straw man argument.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 06:27:35 PM by GenXbiker »

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #238 on: September 05, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »

You are cherry picking the one time he condemned white supremacists/neo-Nazis/KKK in a formally written statement.  He contradicted himself a few days later at an informal press conference with no teleprompter.

It's not cherry picking to quote his exact verbal statement condemning those groups.  Also, he never stated otherwise.  In fact, people did some digging and found he had called David Duke a biggot well before he ran for president.   Trump condemned violence on both sides, but that's not a contradiction of him condemning Nazi's, KKK, etc., as you are trying to spin it into.

The only time Trump specifically mentioned neo-Nazi's, white supremacists, KKK, was when he was condemning them as noted earlier.  I've never heard him speak favorably of any of them.  So his opinion and feelings on the matter should be clear.

Central Park 5 - Trump wasn't even president back then.  He holds himself to a higher standard now.  I know the left wing-nuts don't get it.

He still won't call out Nazis/KKK/white supremacy as the problem.

Wrong!  He did, and I provided his exact quote earlier in this thread.  I recommend going back and re-reading.

General comments on terrorism by foreign terrorists is not the same as calling out American citizens and groups of Americans by name before you have the facts.  Most people give Trump props for showing restraint from jumping to conclusions the way Obama did, and then making an official statement condemning the groups.  Liberals want to ignore that.

As for your comments on terrorism, are you seriously trying to downplay terrorism and the serious nature and threat it presents both here and abroad?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 07:03:52 PM by GenXbiker »

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #239 on: September 05, 2017, 06:56:31 PM »

I want their names because I don't believe the people you're referring to ever actually existed.

Your posts are intensely silly.

You think?  You must not believe this story, then?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/us/charlottesville-doxxing.html

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2017, 07:06:07 PM »
It really is amazing how there is nothing that Trump supporters can’t justify.  It’s like Jonestown on a national scale.  Historians are going to have a field day with this era.

So, it's better to be anti-American and spew hate about your president, huh?  You're right that history is biased and will be re-written as always.  But that's no excuse for being unpatriotic in the here and now.

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2017, 08:04:06 PM »
But! I'm here. I'm a liberal (mostly). I'm trying to give the trump administration credit for the positive things they've done. Please, what are the specific good things the administration has accomplished that you feel have been underreported or undervalued?

Bueller? Bueller?

Also, criticizing the president is not unpatriotic. Unless you mean to imply that Jefferson was not a patriot because he criticized Washington and Adams? No one is impressed with your dime store chest-thumping.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »
  I said liberal, but it was you that brought up non-liberals

Not according to your original statement.

I'll give you props. You've trolled longer and arguably harder than anyone before you.

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
Also, criticizing the president is not unpatriotic.
Spewing continuous hate is not just criticizing.  You clearly just brushed over my comments without actually reading and comprehending.

No one is impressed with your dime store chest-thumping.

Oh, brilliant words... or NOT.   LOL

GenXbiker

• Bristles
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
  I said liberal, but it was you that brought up non-liberals

Not according to your original statement.

My original statement was this one:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/off-topic/so-let's-speculate-about-the-future-of-a-full-trump-presidency/msg1680892/#msg1680892

I clearly stated "liberals" repeatedly, and you even highlighted that in bold later.  Now, you're saying just the opposite, that I was speaking about non-liberals.  You can't even decide which part of the straw man argument that you want to stick with from one post to the next.  LOL

And if you continue down the order of posts from there, you will hit your straw man response here:
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/off-topic/so-let's-speculate-about-the-future-of-a-full-trump-presidency/msg1681039/#msg1681039

That's where you introduced approval ratings of non-liberals, when I had never mentioned non-liberals nor anything about approval ratings, hence, why you were using a straw man argument rather than arguing against what I actually stated.  You took the easy way, but sorry, I couldn't let that pass without calling you out on it.  LOL

I'll give you props. You've trolled longer and arguably harder than anyone before you.

You've been trolling a straw man and won't even admit it.  Pretty sad.  It's pointless to have a discussion with you - I've given you many chances to re-read and understand, but you haven't made any progress.   It's easy for me to continue the discussion because I've got the facts on my side and am not resorting to apples and oranges comparisons as you have.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #245 on: September 06, 2017, 02:01:32 AM »
I'm long FIREd and spend far too long on this forum.  I still value my time too much to bother trying to bring GenXbiker to their senses.

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #246 on: September 06, 2017, 04:42:53 AM »
I clearly stated "liberals" repeatedly

Yes I know. Yet you tried to argue liberals meant something other than liberals. Good job finally admitting it ( :

You've been trolling a straw man and won't even admit it. 

A straw-man would have taken place had I actually claimed you made some sort of statement about approval ratings. I made no such statement (feel free to direct quote me if I did). Approval ratings was brought up, yes by me, as a point to show it isn't only liberals who don't approve of Trump. And now that you have admitted you were only speaking about liberals, it "might" make more sense. I won't hold my breath. Good luck in your fight against liberals.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 04:45:38 AM by MasterStache »

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #247 on: September 06, 2017, 05:12:34 AM »
Oh, brilliant words... or NOT.   LO

I'll ask you one more time if you have any real speculation on the trump administration to share. Ya know, instead of getting into an increasingly shrill and illegible debate over the semantics of past posts.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »

My problem with this assessment is that there are millions of voices out there so who are these "liberals" you speak of? If some people on twitter say something asinine like blaming the president for what happens to the stock market then conservative media points to it and says "Aha!, liberals are wrong again." And yes, even some of the media gets caught up in saying stupid shit like this, but that doesn't mean everyone who has something negative to say about Trump is one of those people.

I do realize it happens on both sides. Trump supporters on Twitter commented "at least Trump went to Texas after the hurricane, where was Obama after Katrina?" A stupid thing to say obviously but who said it? Several hundred or even thousand people on twitter? It's irrelevant but people criticized Trump supporters for saying something stupid even though it was a handful of idiots, not the whole group.

If we point to the worst the other side has to offer like they're a representation of that group, then of course they look like idiots. On the other hand when the president is one of the people participating in this circus, well that means something.

While I largely agree with the general idea behind this (we shouldn't judge entire movements by certain members, and the President should be above this fray), I find great humor in deranged political commentators denouncing the President for being deranged.

I follow Trump on Twitter, and I also have other social media where people share their political beliefs, and I'd categorize the vast majority of anti-Trump commentary as "frothing rage." They aren't any better than Trump. I'd certainly like Trump to be better than them, but "Pot calls kettle black" jokes are always funny, even if it's at national scale.

I am not concerned about Presidential character. It's overrated. Presidents are largely morally inferior people to the average person. They are better politicians and usually better leaders, which are more important attributes. Trump's biggest problem isn't his questionable moral character, it's that he cannot intellectually understand an issue and that he has limited self-control. He can only intuitively "get" an issue, which is tough to do at the Presidential level because every issue is so nuanced.

He obviously listens to his advisors and tries to instinctively path a middle ground, but he doesn't understand political optics very well. 

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »
He obviously listens to his advisors and tries to instinctively path a middle ground, but he doesn't understand political optics very well.

No, he doesn't.  Many wanted him to stay in the Paris Accord (off the record or as "anonymous" sources, of course).

His entire agenda for seven months has been "Did Obama pass it/support it?"  If yes, repeal/end.

That's it.