Author Topic: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance - VICTORY!  (Read 290829 times)

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
Re: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance
« Reply #450 on: February 09, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »
IF YOU LIVE IN VIRGINIA (or know someone who does, or might know someone who knows someone who does)

Please send them here: http://bluevirginia.us/2017/02/need-democratic-recruits-virginia-need-now

And here: https://www.runforsomething.net/

You can share on other sites with "Action alert: Read and forward to anyone you know in Virginia. They desperately need candidates to win easy seats in the state legislature. Seats that Hillary Clinton carried but have Republicans running unopposed!"

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #451 on: February 09, 2017, 11:29:35 PM »
Once again, I'm sorry but this is not an actionable post. However, this is an important read for all of us. It's about the mining of data and how it (probably almost certainly) helped elect Trump. Hive mind, what shall we do to counteract this type of thing in the future?

It's also MMM relevant because the same stuff could be used for targeted ads which, apparently, have huge returns for the marketers. So there's that. The more you know?

To (hopefully) make up for my lack of anything concrete and actionable, here's your daily dose of inspiration:

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »
Sent an email responding to a political article in a national news source... have been invited by the author to be interviewed for a followup article!  Not sure I should take the opportunity... what kind of protections are there on my privacy? If they say they won't print my full name, do they have to keep their promise??
« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 12:43:42 PM by Poundwise »

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #453 on: February 10, 2017, 12:26:44 PM »
This may be the wrong thread to ask this question, but who would investigate Michael Flynn for violating the Logan Act as well as his initial denials that he never discussed sanctions with Russia in December?  Would it be the OGE?  Trying to figure out my Monday roster of calls/emails. 

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2017, 12:46:14 PM »
Sent an email to the author, responding to a political article in a national news source... have been invited to be interviewed for a followup article!  Not sure I should take the opportunity... what kind of protections are there on my privacy? If they say they won't print my full name, do they have to keep their promise??

I wouldn't do it unless it was a publication I trusted.

The only time I did a newspaper interview, they did the interview via e-mail (so everything was in writing) and then they deliberately changed the words I sent them so that what I "said" was wrong, made no sense, and made me appear to be an absolute idiot. With my full name and photo attached, and the name of the company I worked for. :-( It was not a top-tier newspaper but it is a major city daily with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, so I'd assumed they would at least be professional.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #455 on: February 10, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
This is a top-tier publication, but I'm not sure about the author. Have been speed reading her articles trying to get a handle on how she will spin what I say.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #456 on: February 10, 2017, 02:24:02 PM »
Thanks for the info on Indivisible. We have a local group so I signed up.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #457 on: February 11, 2017, 09:17:12 AM »
The only time I did a newspaper interview, they did the interview via e-mail (so everything was in writing) and then they deliberately changed the words I sent them so that what I "said" was wrong, made no sense, and made me appear to be an absolute idiot. With my full name and photo attached, and the name of the company I worked for. :-( It was not a top-tier newspaper but it is a major city daily with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, so I'd assumed they would at least be professional.

I've had that kind of experience too, multiple times. There seems to be no requirement for papers to quote a person accurately, never mind to hold things in context, etc. After several such experiences, I stopped participating and have taken every news article since with a grain of salt. ("This person may or may not have said this.") I only trust first-person accounts now (opinion pieces, books, etc), and only if I'm fairly confident the author had an editor they trust. There was one article, though, that was spot on and that I learned a lot about me from. That was really cool. I think that journalist was highly skilled. But, it was a one-off.

I would do the article, Poundwise, only if you (a) really trust the journalist and publisher after your speed read and (b) are willing for there to be some errors about you.

I've had the same experience, three times. (Once via email and twice with a face-to-face interview that was recorded.)

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #458 on: February 11, 2017, 09:54:18 AM »
Hmm. Thanks for your input, Joon, Kris, and Dollar Slice! I think I may pass on this... I was tempted because I thought I might get my words out there, but really I would just be used to color somebody else's agenda.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2017, 10:20:13 AM »
On the daily acts, today I hope to attend my first-ever event held by a state senator.  I am not sure what to do when I am there, will just go and watch and see what issues are brought up.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2017, 03:58:23 PM »
Anyone in NYC who wants to do something resistance-y and arty on Monday: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/resistance-soup-tickets-31934138869

Event calendar of NYC protests, political actions, demonstrations, workshops, organizing trainings, and planning meetings. Attend, act, and create social change! http://takeactionnyc.com/nyc-protest-event-calendar/

If anyone knows of similar calendars for states or cities, please let me know.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »
On the daily acts, today I hope to attend my first-ever event held by a state senator.  I am not sure what to do when I am there, will just go and watch and see what issues are brought up.

That's great.  Being present, holding witness.  Agree/disagree as you see fit.  At the very least, you're showing that people are paying attention, and that might impact their future decisions.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #462 on: February 12, 2017, 01:24:25 PM »
Well, I went and listened for a while (mostly questions/complaints about highway conditions, school taxes, etc. some of which should properly have gone to the county) and then I raised my hand and by way of introduction said, "I'm with Indivisible." At which point, there was kind of a collective gasp and murmur.   I asked a question regarding reproductive rights, which was answered to my satisfaction. After the event, I was contacted by several other women, who turned out to belong to an Indivisible group in a neighboring town, and we were able to spread the word to some other women who came up to us!!

So that was a productive hour, I think.

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #463 on: February 12, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »
My political action yesterday was to remove a political sign  from my yard, a sign someone had placed there without my permission. It was a "Lyda Krewson for Mayor " sign. And while I had considered voting for Lyda, when I heard her support for the ridiculous "sanctuary city for reproductive rights" bill that recently passed here, I discounted her as losing any common sense she might have had.

One can be supportive of all forms of reproductive rights and still deny validity to this silly, convoluted ordance. Several sensible aldermen turned it down on the premise it was  illegal, impossible to carry out,  and just plain goofy.

But in Aldermanic circus of St. louis, it is important to shout loudly about "rights" and such, to mimic the national temperature. I guess they think it makes them appear to be doing  something against Trump! This is an election year for them.

My next political action today will be to email my own alderman to chide him for voting for this albatross.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »
Swing Left National Campaign Kickoff Call happening in 30 minutes: https://www.webcaster4.com/Webcast/Page/1632/19781

"The campaign to win back the House in 2018 starts NOW. Join our kickoff call to hear our plan and find out how to get started—no matter where you live. Enter your information to register for the call, and you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to join the call on Sunday."

I will not be calling in. If anyone does, please take notes and share!

Awesome, Poundwise! Next time get photos and videos. :)

I went to a planning session for NYC Indivisible today and volunteered for a few things:

The Media Relations team
The Voter Outreach team (I will be a liaison to a red district in our state)
The Feb 22 Town Hall

That last one is gonna be crazy. We're trying to find a venue that holds 1,000+ people, coordinate branding, speakers, security, A/V, media outreach, etc. In ONE WEEK. Whew.

Please contact me if you:

Have experience coordinating town halls or other large events and can give us some advice
Know the people who organized the Chaffetz town hall in Utah
Know of a venue in NYC (Manhattan ideal, Brooklyn okay) that can hold 1,000+ people

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:49:03 PM by MonkeyJenga »

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #465 on: February 13, 2017, 01:05:10 AM »
The Feb 22 Town Hall

That last one is gonna be crazy. We're trying to find a venue that holds 1,000+ people, coordinate branding, speakers, security, A/V, media outreach, etc. In ONE WEEK. Whew.

Please contact me if you:

Have experience coordinating town halls or other large events and can give us some advice
Know the people who organized the Chaffetz town hall in Utah
Know of a venue in NYC (Manhattan ideal, Brooklyn okay) that can hold 1,000+ people

Thank you!
That's spectacular. Good luck!

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #466 on: February 13, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »
Thanks Metric Mouse!

BREAKING NEWS: Michael Flynn resigned.

Action item: I guess... call your senators and thank them for putting pressure? Or tell them they should have put pressure? I don't know. There will hopefully be a call script tomorrow in one of these places:

https://thesixtyfive.org/home
https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/2/6/scripts

Okay, let's go with: Keep investigating Trump's ties with Russia. Keep (or start) putting pressure. Yeah. Do that.

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #467 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:39 AM »
Thanks Metric Mouse!

Action item: I guess... call your senators and thank them for putting pressure? Or tell them they should have put pressure? I don't know. There will hopefully be a call script tomorrow in one of these places:

Okay, let's go with: Keep investigating Trump's ties with Russia. Keep (or start) putting pressure. Yeah. Do that.

Yes, I'll be calling my representative today about this.

meerkat

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #468 on: February 14, 2017, 05:57:17 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you for pointing me in the direction of Indivisible. I don't really go to the Facebook page much but I'm liking their daily emails because they're a lot easier to digest than attempting to watch the news and figure it out for myself. I also really like that mine has state and local issues as well.

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #469 on: February 14, 2017, 06:46:15 AM »
Thanks Metric Mouse!

Yes, I'll be calling my representative today about this.

Same here.  This is ridiculous.  This goes far beyond Benghazi and if there was a Democrat in the White House, a bipartisan investigation would already be underway amid cries of treason and yelling about the National Security lapses of the last week.  Sadly, the GOP is silent on all of it. 

CanuckExpat

• Magnum Stache
    • Freedom35
« Reply #470 on: February 14, 2017, 08:19:53 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you for pointing me in the direction of Indivisible. I don't really go to the Facebook page

Anyone can also check for a local meetup group if it is more your style: https://www.meetup.com/pro/resist/

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #471 on: February 15, 2017, 05:38:54 AM »
Small Action: Wednesday Feb 15

Tom Price's seat in Georgia's sixth district is open. Today's action is to sign up to help flip that seat blue.

And as always, remember to share this with your own networks. Even if you think nobody will care. I shared similar info about Delaware's special election on Facebook and a guy I met once thanked me. Turns out he's from Delaware, so he donated and told all his friends to vote.

Sign up: http://dailykos.com/story/2017/02/11/1632687/-Here-s-how-you-can-volunteer-to-help-Jon-Ossoff-win-the-special-election-for-Tom-Price-s-House-seat

Background on why this is important: http://www.nationalmemo.com/its-time-to-grab-the-gop-by-tom-prices-seat/

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #472 on: February 15, 2017, 11:50:07 AM »
I called Cory Gardner's office today and a staffer called me back! I pushed on 3 issues:

- someone who has repeated labor and immigration violations against them should not be the Labor Secretary unless the goal is to dismantle all the protections that department provides

- when are we getting a town hall (no answer on this) and why does Sen Gardner keep dismissing us as paid out of state protesters? Staffer directed me to an interview on Channel 7 last night where the senator addressed this and supposedly acknowledged that lots of us are legit. I asked him if the senator apologized, he said he did not (I watched the interview afterwards, Senator lied about how Trump administration has the biggest delay in confirmations since George Washington. Sigh.)

- I asked Sen Gardner's position on investigating the administration's ties to Russia, and why so few in Republican leadership seem willing to participate. Staffer told me there are investigations going on all over Washington, I countered with the statements from Chaffetz and Ryan that it didn't make sense for Republicans to investigate their own side. He claimed to be unaware of these statements and said that he didn't know the Senator's position. I said that it is absolutely unacceptable for the Sen to be silent on this wildly important issue

Interesting that I got a personal call back, but I wasn't at all impressed with the content of the answers. I shared this with the staffer as well.

Also, someone tried to schedule a work call for Monday when we are supposed to have the day off. I declined and asked for it to be rescheduled. *Very* small act of resistance against corporate rule but no one else in my company seems to even push back a little.

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #473 on: February 15, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »
If you are in Florida - Trump tweeted this a few hours ago.  Seems like a good opportunity to have a protest that might or might not get mistaken for supporters. 

Join me in Florida this Saturday at 5pm for a rally at the Orlando-Melbourne International Airport!
Tickets: http://bit.ly/2lQarqaFLORIDA

ETA - Tickets are free. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:01:47 PM by Unique User »

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #474 on: February 15, 2017, 04:33:16 PM »
Madgey: for local Indivisible guide on handling missing members of Congress: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/2/12/missing-members-of-congress-action-plan

Puzder withdrew from consideration as labor secretary!

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #475 on: February 15, 2017, 04:56:29 PM »
Madgey: for local Indivisible guide on handling missing members of Congress: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resources-2/2017/2/12/missing-members-of-congress-action-plan

Puzder withdrew from consideration as labor secretary!

He's such a missing person that our group is hosting a Town Hall for him, the event is called "With or Without You." 😂 A bunch of people are going down to his office to present a huge invitation with media attention (hopefully). I love my local Indivisible group so much!

Metta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #476 on: February 15, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »
I went to my rep's Townhall meeting this weekend. I mostly sat quietly and listened but took a moment to thank my representative and the ACLU for their efforts on the behalf of refugees.

If I go to another townhall meeting with a rep or senator I will be sure to wear a bra without underwires. I kept setting off the metal detector and having to go back through the machine. Also they searched my purse so next time I will carry a smaller purse or no purse to avoid this hassle. (The men walked right in after a quick metal detector trip.) In the future I will wear my airport security garb to speed my way to my seat.

(Couldn't one of you here have mentioned proper clothing for townhalls? I had no idea they were so high security.)

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #477 on: February 15, 2017, 09:42:05 PM »
https://medium.com/join-scout/the-rise-of-the-weaponized-ai-propaganda-machine-86dac61668b

My latest act of political resistance was to like stuff I actually dislike on FB - to confuse the bots. You know,  Nascar, military gun ammo, etc. I couldn't bring myself to like MRA / red pill stuff tho. Just couldn't do it.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #478 on: February 17, 2017, 10:09:01 AM »
Woke up this morning to the news that Nordstrom has dropped Ivanka Trump's fashion line from their clothing options available for sale. Hard to know whether the reason for the decision is fact or alternative fact - poor sales, poor sales as a result of boycotts, or if it is just a crap product.

And - all of the Ivanka Trump goods I've seen were made in China. I don't see how Trump can preach about American jobs and Chinese competition while he and his family are having their products manufactured in China!

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #479 on: February 18, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »
If you'd like to fill out an impressively biased survey on media bias sent out by the Trump camp:

Welcome to the Media Accountability Survey

Please DO NOT TAKE THIS SURVEY and similar ones that will pop up in the future. Their only purpose is to build their email list, which they can sell down the road.

http://www.avclub.com/article/second-thought-maybe-stop-taking-donald-trumps-med-250586?

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2017, 07:12:07 AM »
A small group from the Indivisible group Pooperman started is meeting with an aide to our Congressman on Wednesday.  Congressman refuses to meet with anyone and won't hold a town hall.  Our first question will be when is he going to have town halls again.  I spoke with a reporter at the Raleigh news paper about the issue of our absent Congressman.  Story ran today and I didn't get misquoted!

iris lily

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #481 on: February 18, 2017, 07:29:25 AM »
A small group from the Indivisible group Pooperman started is meeting with an aide to our Congressman on Wednesday.  Congressman refuses to meet with anyone and won't hold a town hall.  Our first question will be when is he going to have town halls again.  I spoke with a reporter at the Raleigh news paper about the issue of our absent Congressman.  Story ran today and I didn't get misquoted!
Good for you!
Edited to make sens, I really did NOT mean "goof for you." Doh.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 11:01:18 AM by iris lily »

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #482 on: February 18, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »
I hope this moronic survey is beingn blown uphttps://gop.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/

It's a tiny thing, but it's pissing me off, so I took it last night, and my dog took it this morning.

Hats off to everyone in this thread who is doing so much more.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #483 on: February 18, 2017, 08:07:10 AM »

High five!

horsepoor:

If you'd like to fill out an impressively biased survey on media bias sent out by the Trump camp:

Please DO NOT TAKE THIS SURVEY and similar ones that will pop up in the future. Their only purpose is to build their email list, which they can sell down the road.

http://www.avclub.com/article/second-thought-maybe-stop-taking-donald-trumps-med-250586?

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #484 on: February 18, 2017, 08:54:36 AM »

I'm totally fine with him getting an email list full of addresses like impeachhim@fucktrump.com
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:56:08 AM by Kris »

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #485 on: February 18, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »

I'm totally fine with him getting an email list full of addresses like impeachhim@fucktrump.com

I filled it out with yourmom@wasafuckingimmigrant.com

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #486 on: February 18, 2017, 01:55:56 PM »
I'm always baffled how people can't tell the difference between opposing illegal and opposing legal immigration. Hint: were only opposed to the illegal one.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #487 on: February 18, 2017, 02:03:37 PM »
Who is "we"? If you mean Trump supporters, I find it hard to reconcile both supporting the EO and supporting legal immigration. I have many other things I could say on this topic, but please start a new thread if you want to continue debating immigration.

Thank you.

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #488 on: February 18, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »
Who is "we"? If you mean Trump supporters, I find it hard to reconcile both supporting the EO and supporting legal immigration. I have many other things I could say on this topic, but please start a new thread if you want to continue debating immigration.

Thank you.

Rational conservatives, is the we.

Save your sanctimony for whoever it was that derailed to simplistic platitudes about immigraton in the first place. I won't persist with it any more in this thread if it's left alone.

MOD EDIT: Stop.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 01:53:51 AM by arebelspy »

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
There's no need to be rude.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2017, 03:12:18 PM »

Meh. Think of how embarrassing it would be renting out the list and having some big wig going through half of the emails being along the lines of fartsandbeans@trump.ru lol.

Also, I love this at the end:

But now President Trump is asking you to go the extra mile and make a contribution to help defend our movement from the outrageous attacks from the media coming our way.

Contribute now to help us fight back against the media’s attacks and deceptions

I thought the billionaire didn't need to beg for money...

Sockigal

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2017, 03:51:23 PM »
Here is a really easy action item. I just did this and left a message. I wish I would have added why I oppose Steve Bannon. Maybe one of you can add a sentence or two to help sum up the reasons why he should not be on the NSC.
Super-Easy Action Item:
Help block Steve Bannon in 15 seconds or less. The Senate Committee on Homeland Security is inviting comment and COUNTING calls before deciding whether or not to approve Steve Bannon's appointment to the National Security Council.
Call and leave a message at: 202-224-4751.
Message: "My name is ______. I am from the state of ____ and am an American citizen. I oppose Steve Bannon being confirmed to sit on our National Security Council."
I just did this -- voicemail box was NOT full.

greengardens

• Stubble
« Reply #492 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
Writing my weekly letters to my elected officials. Which topic should I write to them this week? Last week was reiterating my concern about 45's conflicts of interests. Along those same lines I was thinking this week to ask for an investigation into his Russian ties. Anyone else have suggestions?

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #493 on: February 19, 2017, 12:25:51 PM »
Writing my weekly letters to my elected officials. Which topic should I write to them this week? Last week was reiterating my concern about 45's conflicts of interests. Along those same lines I was thinking this week to ask for an investigation into his Russian ties. Anyone else have suggestions?
If you're worried about Trump's Russian connections, you could also write about an independent investigation into Flynn's contact with the Russians. 

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2017, 12:29:15 PM »
If you want a script on Russia, you can go here: https://thesixtyfive.org/weeklyCTA

Hi, I'm [NAME], a constituent.

I'm calling to urge the [Senator/Representative's NAME] to support [H.Con.Res. 24], and demand full transparency about Michael Flynn's communication with Russia in the months prior to Donald Trump's inauguration. Although Flynn has resigned, there are still serious unanswered questions about the extent of the President's involvement. The American people deserve to know what President Trump knew and when he knew it. Tell the [Senator/Representative's NAME] that I want them to condemn Flynn's actions in the strongest possible terms, and continue to push for an exhaustive investigation into the entire adminstration's communications with Russia both during the election and in the months after.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2017, 12:34:32 PM »
Town halls this coming week. Unlikely for MOCs to come, but we'll be hosting anyway!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:03:59 PM by Pooperman »

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #496 on: February 20, 2017, 07:29:01 AM »

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #497 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »
From Indivisible Facebook:

MONDAY 2/20/17 ACTIONS, NATIONAL: INVESTIGATE TRUMP TEAM'S RUSSIA TIES! Please copy & paste.

There's obviously a lot going on out there. No harm in calling about anything else that concerns you. But for today, I'm recommending hammering the Russia ties again (see linked article for the latest development). I believe the administration is vulnerable there, and we need to keep the pressure on from our legislators.

The Republicans are trying to sweep the Trump administration's potentially treasonous ties to Russia under the rug. We can't let them do that, and we can't let this story die. This is not just about Michael Flynn; it goes much deeper than that. Today, let's make a bicameral sweep of calls to demand a real investigation.

SENATE ACTION: Call your Senator.
If you're in Minnesota, these are your Senators' numbers:

Senator Al Franken: (202) 224-5641 / 651-221-1016. Thank him for cosponsoring SB 27.
Senator Amy Klobuchar: (202) 224-3244 / 612-727-5220 Thank her for cosponsoring SB 27.

Script: "Hello. My name is _______. My zip code is _____. I don't need a personal response. I'm calling for the Senator to support S.B. 27, which calls for independent investigations of the Trump administration's ties to the Russian government. We need an independent investigation of a compromised government. If you could pass my concerns along, I'd appreciate it." Be sure to thank the staffer for their time.

= = = = =

HOUSE ACTION: Expose Trump's Russia ties and conflicts of interest.
"On Feb 9th Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) filed a 'resolution of inquiry', a relatively obscure parliamentary tactic used to force presidents and executive-branch agencies to share records with Congress. Under House practice, such a resolution must be debated and acted upon in committee or else it can be discharged to the House floor for consideration." —Washington Post

1A. WHAT TO DO: Call the House Judiciary Committee at 202.225.3951.
Script: "Hello. I'm calling to support Jerrold Nadler's resolution of inquiry to shed light on the President's conflicts of interests and ties to Russian intelligence. I urge the Committee to debate and act on this matter at once. Thank you for your time." (If your representative serves on the Committee, make sure to mention that: here's a list of committee members: https://judiciary.house.gov/…/115th-Full-Committee-020917-u…)

1B. Call your member of the US House of Representatives and urge them to support the inquiry as well— especially if they serve on the House Judiciary Committee! Use the above script again.
If you're in Minneapolis, call Congressman Keith Ellison: (202) 225-4755 / 612-522-1212
If you're in St Paul, contact Congresswoman Betty McCollum: (202) 225-6631/ (651) 224-9191

BONUS ROUND: Looking for more action items? This lady is not messing around: http://roganslist.blogspot.com/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/19/us/politics/donald-trump-ukraine-russia.html

jrhampt

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #498 on: February 20, 2017, 10:56:20 AM »
Last week I went to the local indivisible meeting.  This week I submitted testimony to support a bill requiring presidential candidates to release tax returns in order to qualify to appear on the state ballot in Connecticut. Since trump has already kicked off his 2020 campaign, I'm glad to see this bill being introduced.  Tomorrow evening I attend a town hall held by one of our senators.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #499 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »

I filled it out with yourmom@wasafuckingimmigrant.com

Obviously I need to fill it out properly next time

Luckily for you, you have another chance. Poor little SCROTUS didn't like the way Democrats rained on his last survey, so they changed the URL and sent it out again to the true believers.

Here it is. They didn't even bother to change the shitty, awkward-as-hell sentence structure of the last one:

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/mainstream-media-accountability-survey/