Author Topic: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance  (Read 131910 times)

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
Re: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance
« Reply #950 on: May 13, 2018, 08:32:33 AM »
I voted in my primary on Tuesday.

nice!

I voted in my primary - mailed in my ballot last week.

Yeah us!
Last one to panic wins!

Outlaw political corruption:  Join or start a represent.us chapter

My Rohingya Refugee Charity (It's Tax Exempt!)

Privately funded political systems are just WRONG.

LifeHappens

• Magnum Stache
  • Downshifting from 5th to 3rd Gear
« Reply #951 on: May 15, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
I wrote my Senators in support of Net Neutrality yesterday and today. The Senate is scheduled to vote on restoring Net Neutrality rules tomorrow. Several Senators have not publicized their choice of vote. The vote is expected to be very, very close and will impact freedom of information on the 'net for years to come.

For more information, the Electronic Frontier Foundation is the go-to source.

Philociraptor

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE Deadline: May 2029
« Reply #952 on: May 15, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
Hrmmmm. PTF.

meerkat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #953 on: Today at 05:53:31 AM »
The grocery store chain Publix has for supporting a Republican candidate Adam Putnam for Florida governor. They clarified that they did not financially support the NRA, but Putnam has tweeted that he's a [url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-reg-adam-putnam-governor-forum-club-20180427-story.html]"proud NRA sellout".

This past weekend we got our groceries somewhere else. Normally we're at a Publix three times a week since they're also a convenient lunch option. It's going to be awkward for a bit while we figure out shopping at a new grocery store and what other easy lunch options we can do, but all well. I don't have Twitter so I may look for a phone number later to call Publix to let them know they've lost a decades-long customer.
meer journal for a meerkat

Will this matter in ten years?

Malaysia41

• Magnum Stache
    • My mmm journal
« Reply #954 on: Today at 02:43:49 PM »
The grocery store chain Publix has for supporting a Republican candidate Adam Putnam for Florida governor. They clarified that they did not financially support the NRA, but Putnam has tweeted that he's a [url=http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-reg-adam-putnam-governor-forum-club-20180427-story.html]"proud NRA sellout".

This past weekend we got our groceries somewhere else. Normally we're at a Publix three times a week since they're also a convenient lunch option. It's going to be awkward for a bit while we figure out shopping at a new grocery store and what other easy lunch options we can do, but all well. I don't have Twitter so I may look for a phone number later to call Publix to let them know they've lost a decades-long customer.

well done. yeah - i'd call them. Let them know they've lost a 3x per week decades-long customer.
Last one to panic wins!

Outlaw political corruption:  Join or start a represent.us chapter

My Rohingya Refugee Charity (It's Tax Exempt!)

Privately funded political systems are just WRONG.