Author Topic: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance - VICTORY!  (Read 293391 times)

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Small Daily Acts of Political Resistance
« Reply #1100 on: August 30, 2019, 07:38:09 PM »
I reserved a seat on a bus going to the We The People March on Sept 21 in Washington, D.C. 

It will be the first march on D.C. that I have attended.  It will be inconvenient. I will be tired. But it is necessary.
 https://wethepeoplemarch.org/

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1101 on: August 31, 2019, 05:24:28 PM »
I reserved a seat on a bus going to the We The People March on Sept 21 in Washington, D.C. 

It will be the first march on D.C. that I have attended.  It will be inconvenient. I will be tired. But it is necessary.
 https://wethepeoplemarch.org/

Nice!  I hope a little part of you also gets to enjoy it!

My local group has been doing a lot of fundraising events under the theme "The Resistance is delicious!" with tastings of chocolate, olive oil, cooking tamales, dim sum, etc. and local experts leading them.  They are pretty popular.  I am going to try to go to the chocolate-tasting one next weekend.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1102 on: September 05, 2019, 06:55:29 AM »
We actually have a Congressional election coming up in my district in North Carolina next week. I made a donation to the Dan McCready campaign. It's a Ruby Red district, but there are reasons to think he can win.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1103 on: September 05, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »
We actually have a Congressional election coming up in my district in North Carolina next week. I made a donation to the Dan McCready campaign. It's a Ruby Red district, but there are reasons to think he can win.

Thanks for reminding me. 

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1104 on: September 05, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »
Nice going everyone! I took a long break after the midterms, but I'm getting back into things. Went to my first Indivisible rally in my new city, made my first call to my new senator, dropped off my voter reg form, set up coffee with a Swing Left organizer, and signed up for a postcard writing party.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
  • Older than the internet, but not wiser... yet
« Reply #1105 on: September 05, 2019, 05:53:10 PM »
Lobbied 2 legislators' offices at the state level for climate change legislation. Represented citizen group representing perhaps 16,000 people. Moderate progress... conversations started, 3 new contact people identified, some education completed in both directions. Multiple proposals submitted; technically in time for relevant steps in the normal legislative process.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1106 on: September 05, 2019, 05:54:04 PM »
Nice going everyone! I took a long break after the midterms, but I'm getting back into things. Went to my first Indivisible rally in my new city, made my first call to my new senator, dropped off my voter reg form, set up coffee with a Swing Left organizer, and signed up for a postcard writing party.

Welcome back, OP

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1107 on: September 05, 2019, 10:37:57 PM »
Thanks B! How did the lobbying feel? You took a little break too right?

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1108 on: September 06, 2019, 02:09:00 PM »
My life is a break :)

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1109 on: September 06, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
Thanks B! How did the lobbying feel? You took a little break too right?

Quips aside, this climate sequence marks my return to some sort of activism after 5 years or so. Prior to that was a roughly 6 year streak of modest volunteering in a gallant small nonprofit. Prior to that, a break that followed the big 8 year wave of heavy volunteering/activist-ing. Compared to the original wave, the current bit is a light jog. Which feels right for now.

The lobbying felt...pretty good. My bigger feeling wasn't about the lobbying itself, it was relief that we'd started lobbying after saying we were going to do it and then pausing to do nothing for a while (I gutlessly didn't push; Official Leader focused on other paths and went on vacation). I think I'll feel that way each time until we finish visiting the people on our list.

One of the two people we visited was informative if not super hopeful. We are technically in time to influence the upcoming 2 year process that generates statutes in our state. Our Daily Acts have put our desires into the mix. Will we overcome steep odds and succeed in this quest? Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 03:24:05 PM by BicycleB »

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1110 on: September 06, 2019, 07:55:08 PM »
I recently took another leadership role in my local League of Women Voters. Per our bylaws, I cannot take sides in partisan politics or campaign for candidates. Still, I’ve already had a productive meeting with one city clerk and look forward to educating voters on all the new changes to voter rights and access in our state (2018 Proposal 3, Promote the Vote). I should have local voter guides ready by National Voter Registration Day (Sept. 24).

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1111 on: September 06, 2019, 09:19:07 PM »
I recently took another leadership role in my local League of Women Voters. Per our bylaws, I cannot take sides in partisan politics or campaign for candidates. Still, I’ve already had a productive meeting with one city clerk and look forward to educating voters on all the new changes to voter rights and access in our state (2018 Proposal 3, Promote the Vote). I should have local voter guides ready by National Voter Registration Day (Sept. 24).

Oh good, I've been wondering about that.  I know Proposal 2 (the anti-gerrymandering one, which I did some supportive work on from afar) has been subject to various legal challenges by Republicans, and I was wondering if they were undermining Proposal 3 as well.  I hope they both get implemented as envisioned at the time they were presented to the MI voters!

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1112 on: September 07, 2019, 07:08:40 AM »

Oh good, I've been wondering about that.  I know Proposal 2 (the anti-gerrymandering one, which I did some supportive work on from afar) has been subject to various legal challenges by Republicans, and I was wondering if they were undermining Proposal 3 as well.  I hope they both get implemented as envisioned at the time they were presented to the MI voters!

Prop 3 seems to be rolling out fairly smoothly, given the limitations of the Secretary of State office; the new Secretary is working hard to implement badly needed updates so we don't know when we'll get online voter registration. If last month's local primary election was any indicator, people LOVE the new option of any-reason absentee voting. Right now, the ACLU-MI, LVW-MI, Voters Not Politicians (group behind Prop. 2), Engage, and other orgs are working on educational campaigns about the new voter rights and voter services for both local clerks and voters ahead of the 2020 elections.

DavidAnnArbor

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1113 on: September 07, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
I sure hope we can undo the Republican extreme gerrymandering in Michigan.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1114 on: October 30, 2019, 01:13:55 PM »
Just started text banking in support of Ranked Choice Voting in NYC. I'm volunteering through RepresentUS, which is a non-partisan anti-corruption group. This is my first time doing this type of texting and it's super easy. I sent out an initial message to 500 people in less than 20 minutes.

https://volunteer.represent.us/gotv_texting_nyc

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1115 on: November 07, 2019, 07:04:00 AM »
I heard that ranked-choice voting thing in NYC passed. Nicely done!

Here in NC, I offered to pick up my son from the baby-sitter so my wife could vote.

Then, I got home, and she fed the kids dinner while I went and cancelled out that vote.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1116 on: November 07, 2019, 08:14:39 AM »
I sent round an email to my friends on Monday urging to vote in our town elections, and I was a poll worker all day on Tuesday. I was tired all Wed, but it was fun to see so many people I know.  I was the youngest poll worker by at least 15 years. The Democrats swept our little town; my neighborhood went blue for the first time in decades.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1117 on: November 07, 2019, 09:09:02 AM »
I still recall being out with my dad (I was in Junior high) on an election day, and we ran into one of the candidates for a place on city council. He asked if my dad voted, and--when my dad said "yes"--replied, "Thank you for your vote."

When we got back to our house, I realized that my parents had a sign for the opposing candidate in their front yard. And this candidate would have certainly known that since he lived on our block. He thanked my dad anyway because the vote itself is valuable. That is what we want to build, a society in which everyone votes and we are grateful for it.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1118 on: November 07, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »
I still recall being out with my dad (I was in Junior high) on an election day, and we ran into one of the candidates for a place on city council. He asked if my dad voted, and--when my dad said "yes"--replied, "Thank you for your vote."

When we got back to our house, I realized that my parents had a sign for the opposing candidate in their front yard. And this candidate would have certainly known that since he lived on our block. He thanked my dad anyway because the vote itself is valuable. That is what we want to build, a society in which everyone votes and we are grateful for it.

That's my favoritie story I've heard in a while. Thanks, @talltexan!

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1119 on: November 07, 2019, 09:49:14 PM »
Greta Thunberg is going to be in Charlotte tomorrow.  I'm planning to go & show my support for the environment. 

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1120 on: November 08, 2019, 07:40:47 AM »
Greta Thunberg is going to be in Charlotte tomorrow.  I'm planning to go & show my support for the environment.

Wish I could be there. She is an amazing person!

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1121 on: June 02, 2020, 10:56:13 AM »
It's been a while. How are people donating/acting lately? I've donated to The Bail Project (national) and Women for Political Change (Minneapolis-specific).

Also looking at Reclaim the Block (Mpls), Campaign Zero (national), and other actions that aren't financial, like calling reps.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1122 on: June 02, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »
I am writing get-out-the-vote letters for Vote Forward. I've done some text banking for Represent.us. Donations are going to a few key races locally and couple nationally.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1123 on: June 02, 2020, 11:05:47 AM »
Donated to some bail funds, ordered a few things from black owned business instead of box stores, did some first aid at the local protests.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1124 on: June 02, 2020, 11:11:05 AM »
Donated some money to orgs fighting for political change, spent some money supporting black-owned businesses, gone to rallies as much as social distancing will allow, made a point of signal boosting BIPOC, done some reading on black history and the history of black protest, checked in on black friends who are struggling right now.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1125 on: June 02, 2020, 11:14:07 AM »
Donated to some bail funds, ordered a few things from black owned business instead of box stores, did some first aid at the local protests.

That's awesome. I'm researching basic protest first aid, because I'm probably headed out tonight. BF and I tried last night, but things had mostly broken up by then. Hopefully things stay peaceful tonight, the police apparently didn't act up last night.

Basic guidelines:  http://www.urban75.org/mayday/safety.html
More advanced street medic guidelines: https://www.paperrevolution.org/street-medic-guide/

I am writing get-out-the-vote letters for Vote Forward. I've done some text banking for Represent.us. Donations are going to a few key races locally and couple nationally.

Nice! I've done some letter writing too, but not for a couple of weeks. Going to start looking more seriously at campaign jobs today as well.

MudPuppy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1126 on: June 02, 2020, 11:18:58 AM »
If you expect chemical use, you can bring a ziploc with several wet bandanas both to use and to share. It helps a lot.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1127 on: June 02, 2020, 11:41:43 AM »
@MudPuppy thanks! Things seem to be calming down here, no tear gas use last night, and no more curfew tonight. But will bring supplies just in case.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1128 on: June 02, 2020, 01:02:03 PM »
Went to a local protest/march last night. Thousands and thousands of people. Cannot even estimate. Lots of families, completely peaceful of course, everyone wore masks. But yeah, could not maintain the 6 feet of distance. Led by black youth at the local high school, very inspiring.

I have a monthly standing donation to the Equal Justice Initiative for a few years now. Posted an invitation on Facebook for my friends to donate and I'd match them each with another $25. I'm up to $700 so far and I let everyone know the offer was open in perpetuity. Also about 8 or 9 people shared my post on their feeds, including some with with a similar challenge, and they had some takers too. So hopefully raised some good awareness and the maybe circa $2000 raised is small beans in some ways, but it was also remarkably easy and was glad to have so many people participate for this really worthwhile organization.

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1129 on: June 02, 2020, 08:04:45 PM »
Donated. Attempted to reason with locals on Facebook. Can't march, nowhere to march anyway, so donated more.

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1130 on: June 02, 2020, 11:07:15 PM »
Wrote what I hope was a verbal lashing to my mayor and city council (Seattle) about the use of police force by SPD during the recent protests, especially regarding macing a 7-year-old girl. Apparently 12,000 of us decided to do so, hooray! Will keep this up, and I definitely have a few words for my representative and senators on national events.

HusbandX and I want to be out protesting, but the worry over the pandemic (and who would watch our kids if we were arrested/injured, etc.) is outweighing that. So we donated to the local bail fund instead. Not quite as good, and I realize this is a privileged position.

Donated also to our local food bank. Might not seem related, but the pandemic and economic effects are hitting POC harder. Food justice is still important.

Last, despite the pandemic we're still working on the school garden at my kid's school (just, separately and without the kids) so that we can donate the food to the food bank and people in the community who need it. No sense letting that space go to waste. If the kids are back in the fall (maybe?) there will be plenty of things like pumpkins for them to explore and learn about. In the meantime, families need to eat.

We were notified earlier that we're under curfew at least until Saturday. Woo-ee. It sure is a time to be alive.

Exflyboy

• Walrus Stache
  • Expat Brit living in the New World..:)
« Reply #1131 on: June 02, 2020, 11:19:56 PM »
There was a large protest (for us) down here in Corvallis. Cops were nowhere to be seen.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1132 on: June 03, 2020, 05:41:00 AM »
If the kids are back in the fall (maybe?) there will be plenty of things like pumpkins for them to explore and learn about. In the meantime, families need to eat.

I cannot imagine what it will do to society to not have the kids go back to school in the fall. For me, it's as acute a choice as choosing between the economy and the public health.

jeninco

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1133 on: June 03, 2020, 09:09:40 AM »
If the kids are back in the fall (maybe?) there will be plenty of things like pumpkins for them to explore and learn about. In the meantime, families need to eat.

I cannot imagine what it will do to society to not have the kids go back to school in the fall. For me, it's as acute a choice as choosing between the economy and the public health.

Yeah, elementary school students in particular. And disadvantaged elementary school students in special particular. We're trying to nudge our school district to re-open.

Yesterday: donated to the local bail fund. Attempted to reason with some neighbors on Nextdoor. Reached out to an old friend who's a POC to see if she's OK and if there's anything I can do to make her life slightly less horrid. Reached out to the student I tutor (as a volunteer)  to see if we should keep going over the summer.  I should follow up with her parents, because last week I reached out to the HS principal about one of the ways his Assistant Principals handled a situation with my student really, really badly. (Student is a POC, so it was an easy pitch.)

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1134 on: June 03, 2020, 10:44:43 AM »
I have a monthly standing donation to the Equal Justice Initiative for a few years now. Posted an invitation on Facebook for my friends to donate and I'd match them each with another $25. I'm up to $700 so far and I let everyone know the offer was open in perpetuity. Also about 8 or 9 people shared my post on their feeds, including some with with a similar challenge, and they had some takers too. So hopefully raised some good awareness and the maybe circa $2000 raised is small beans in some ways, but it was also remarkably easy and was glad to have so many people participate for this really worthwhile organization.

I've been an admirer of EJI and Bryan Stevenson for many years.  Did you set up a fundraising page on Facebook or are you just having people send you screenshots?

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1135 on: June 03, 2020, 12:08:52 PM »

I've been an admirer of EJI and Bryan Stevenson for many years.  Did you set up a fundraising page on Facebook or are you just having people send you screenshots?

I actually just told people to let me know they had done it and hoped no one would lie... It was limited to my personal friends and family, so there's some level of trust. And I was hoping that not making them prove or reveal amount of donation would attract more people to do it. Here's how I left it:

My invitation: make a donation to them and send me a note "or post here.  No proof required - I trust you.  Any amount is welcome, but please give as generously as you are able.  For everyone that lets me know they have, I'll match you by giving another $25 on top of my standing monthly donation for May."

Up to $750 now!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1136 on: June 03, 2020, 01:40:09 PM »

I actually just told people to let me know they had done it and hoped no one would lie... It was limited to my personal friends and family, so there's some level of trust. And I was hoping that not making them prove or reveal amount of donation would attract more people to do it. Here's how I left it:

My invitation: make a donation to them and send me a note "or post here.  No proof required - I trust you.  Any amount is welcome, but please give as generously as you are able.  For everyone that lets me know they have, I'll match you by giving another $25 on top of my standing monthly donation for May."

Up to $750 now!

Hey! I just started a fundraiser on FB for them. Donated $100. Thanks for this suggestion!

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1137 on: June 03, 2020, 02:37:59 PM »

Up to $750 now!

Hey! I just started a fundraiser on FB for them. Donated $100. Thanks for this suggestion!

Oh that's great to hear! I'm gonna add a match to my next donation for yours, too!

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1138 on: June 03, 2020, 10:09:34 PM »

Yeah, elementary school students in particular. And disadvantaged elementary school students in special particular. We're trying to nudge our school district to re-open.

The elementary school my kid goes to is a one of the poorest and most diverse schools in the city. At least one kid in each class has experience homelessness. There are refugees. A ridiculous portion of the school gets free breakfast and lunch, and food bags to see families through the weekend. I'm of two minds about reopening because in many ways, these are the kids who need schools the most--for the learning, for the safe place for kids to be during the day, so that parents (who are more likely to be "essential") can work, for all the resources school provides beyond education. On the other hand, there are a ton of kids at our school who live with grandparents or other older relatives. And this virus has been hitting the poor/POC hardest already. Disruptions in the school year are also likely to hit our population super hard. Parents/caretakers will scramble to find alternate care for their kids. The lack of constancy if they have to open and then close on short notice would be its own form of trauma for kids who depend on the structure and routine of school in otherwise chaotic lives. There are no easy answers here.

All I can really do to help is to garden. It feels trifling until I think about the food we'll provide and the solace that nature always provides, regardless of one's socioeconomic status.

There was a large protest (for us) down here in Corvallis. Cops were nowhere to be seen.

OMG. There was a teeny tiny protest just up the street from me at a busy intersection. Maybe 2 dozen people max. AND THERE WERE FRICKIN' COPS ALL OVER THE PLACE. I saw at least three cop cars circling around and around. What the heck?

Another protest planned on Friday and I'm going. Also, have spread the word to interested parties.

I don't usually talk to people IRL about our charitable donations because it feels too much like bragging but I actually mentioned to a friend today that we'd donated to a bail out fund. Hopefully will get other people thinking about it and donating.

BicycleB

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1139 on: June 04, 2020, 01:39:44 AM »
Donated to families of George Floyd and Ahmaud Arbery.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1140 on: June 04, 2020, 09:25:28 AM »
30 years ago when I first was a social worker one of my summer jobs was to make calls and then drive bag lunches between schools because we never knew who was going to show up. Just because a big crowd would show up one day didn’t mean it would on the next. Spent hours doing this. The people most resentful of the free food for poor people were my blue collar friends. When kids are walking long distances for a cold lunch they are hungry.

MonkeyJenga

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1141 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:37 AM »
I have emailed our city commissioner, thanking her for speaking out against police violence. Urged continued action on banning tear gas, removing police from schools, and redirecting police budgets to community programs.

I then emailed the mayor and yelled at him for doing none of these things while pretending to stand with protesters.

Still need to contact school commissioner, police chief, and research who else in the city has oversight of these matters.

I don't usually talk to people IRL about our charitable donations because it feels too much like bragging but I actually mentioned to a friend today that we'd donated to a bail out fund. Hopefully will get other people thinking about it and donating.

It's not bragging! If you go by the Peter Singer mindset, talking about it more will make other people more likely to donate. It becomes the norm. I mentioned my donations during a weekly zoom call, and one person asked for suggestions on where to donate.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 11:39:44 AM by MonkeyJenga »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #1142 on: June 04, 2020, 09:07:24 PM »
A young man in my neighborhood planned a peaceful protest for tomorrow. I live in a very, very safe & liberal (reasonably diverse) neighborhood. I'm not foolish enough to believe racism doesn't exist here, but I was under the false impression that it was a much less significant problem. He arranged the protest because he was pulled over 17 times from the day he got his license, to when he left for his freshman year of college - just under two years. Each time, he was in his own neighborhood, driving to/from school, his part time job, or soccer practice.

So, tomorrow, I will be joining my first protest. With my 13 year old son.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1143 on: June 06, 2020, 10:32:10 AM »
I need to stay healthy to work my essential job, so I don't plan to go to any protests for the foreseeable future.  What else can folks do that don't require donations of money or physically joining in crowded protests at the moment?  I've been perusing change.org and signing various petitions for my area. 

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1144 on: June 06, 2020, 10:35:06 AM »
I need to stay healthy to work my essential job, so I don't plan to go to any protests for the foreseeable future.  What else can folks do that don't require donations of money or physically joining in crowded protests at the moment?  I've been perusing change.org and signing various petitions for my area.

Make calls and send letters.

Connect with your local Black Lives Matter or similar organization (for example, https://www.showingupforracialjustice.org/ ) and and look at their lists of ways you can help. Do the ones you can.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1145 on: June 06, 2020, 11:53:16 AM »
I went to a local #BLM march yesterday. Attendance was immense, given that it was raining cats and dogs. I even got my husband to come with me.

I also signed a petition to our local electeds and police superintendents, supporting local legislation that will promote greater transparency and accountability for misbehaving law enforcement.

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
« Reply #1146 on: June 06, 2020, 12:15:31 PM »
I went to a local #BLM march yesterday. Attendance was immense, given that it was raining cats and dogs. I even got my husband to come with me.

I also signed a petition to our local electeds and police superintendents, supporting local legislation that will promote greater transparency and accountability for misbehaving law enforcement.

That's great.  I was disturbed to hear that 57 officers stood up *against* accountability of their fellow officers that shoved and harmed that 75 year old man in Buffalo then ignored him bleeding from the ear as they marched on. I am not watching any of these videos of police brutality, but I understand his head cracking against the pavement was audible.  And the report said he tripped and fell.  Yet another example of video evidence being the only way we know the truth and can even begin to hope for justice. We definitely need to insist on accountability and make it a normal thing. 

Also for folks writing in to their cities and counties and wanting specific actions to recommend for police reforms, consider 8 Can't Wait, a collection of 8 evidence-based recommendations with research that shows exactly how much harm reduction they can be expected to achieve in a jurisdiction that implements it.  https://8cantwait.org/

I will follow my own suggestion and make sure my city and county know I'm in support of them.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1147 on: June 06, 2020, 12:38:25 PM »
That's great.  I was disturbed to hear that 57 officers stood up *against* accountability of their fellow officers that shoved and harmed that 75 year old man in Buffalo then ignored him bleeding from the ear as they marched on.

I guess one good thing about the short training period for NYS police is that if the candidates could be found, replacing those guys could be fairly rapid.  And maybe the new batch would have a less toxic culture.

The petition I signed supported most of the following package:
https://www.changethenypd.org/safer-ny

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1148 on: June 06, 2020, 03:34:01 PM »
For those seeking/working to be actively anti-racist, this document might help you along your journey.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PrAq4iBNb4nVIcTsLcNlW8zjaQXBLkWayL8EaPlh0bc/mobilebasic

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1149 on: June 07, 2020, 12:20:30 PM »
Since I’m laying low and avoiding public events to protect a family member’s health, I signed up for a monthly donation to the local Black Lives Matter affiliate. Time to put my money where my mouth is.

I also joined the local chapter of the NAACP. I’m on the board of a political organization that has partnered with them on a few recent events, and I’d love to help them further their cause and ensure that we have their input.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!