Author Topic: NFL 2012-13 Season  (Read 25139 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
NFL 2012-13 Season
« on: August 17, 2012, 02:40:08 PM »
(This thread in honor of grantmeaname)

So the next football season is nearly upon us, with the preseason in full swing.

I'm not a huge football buff, but I've started to enjoy the game, especially over the past few years.  I was born and raised in Seattle, so I'll be a Seahawk and Mariner's fan for life (R.I.P. Sonics).

So what are the top stories for this season?

Quarterbacks are big, obviously:
Payton Manning will be interesting to see how he's recovered.  Tebow possibly taking over for the Jets.  Cam Newton starting his second season.  Seeing if Vick can get back to 2010 form.  Then of course the rookies, Luck and RG3.

What are you guys looking forward to watching this season?
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

ShavenLlama

• Stubble
Re: NFL 2012-13 Season
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »
Go Packers.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 03:16:09 PM »
er... this could be the year the Yankees finally beat the Senators?

But seriously, I've been to enough football games in school (all of them before I got to OSU and season tickets were $300) that I'm happy to just drop in and out on the home team as the season goes on. If the Bengals and the Buckeyes both make it through the year without egregious ethical lapses, I'll call it a victory. It hasn't happened yet, and some years both teams are in the news the wrong way (cf. 2011).

carolinakaren

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 07:08:37 AM »
We went out to see the Panthers/Dolphins game last night.  Even though we aren't into football that much it's still fun to go to a game at least once each season.  I think the refs were rookies last night !!!!  We had a great time and the weather in Charlotte was perfect.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 10:00:25 AM »
We went out to see the Panthers/Dolphins game last night. 

That's awesome!

I think the refs were rookies last night !!!! 

Yup.  The refs are locked out right now in a contract dispute, so it's a bunch of temps. Looks like it might even go into the season this way.
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

strider3700

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 01:33:30 PM »
A long suffering Raiders fan here.   At least they're not the bottom of the pack anymore. I'd love to see at least getting to the playoffs this year.

tooqk4u22

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
I think the refs were rookies last night !!!! 

Yup.  The refs are locked out right now in a contract dispute, so it's a bunch of temps. Looks like it might even go into the season this way.

The replacement refs are terrible but they are just finding their way.  Seriously, an NFL ref makes about $100K. They complain that they don't make as much as other sports but correct me if I am wrong there are 16 NFL games and far more in other sports where the season runs longer and all week.  I have seen at times those day in the life clips on the various NFL shows and they fly in the night before, do the game, recap with the other refs after the game then fly out.....that and they only have to do this for 20 weeks or so....not a bad deal. 

Other than that I can't wait for NFL to be back (I don't count preseason).  Go GIANTS!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 06:09:21 PM »
A long suffering Raiders fan here.   At least they're not the bottom of the pack anymore. I'd love to see at least getting to the playoffs this year.

Most Raider fans I know would not be Mustachians (and not just due to their spending).

strider3700

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »
It takes all sorts ;)

darkelenchus

• Bristles
  • True wealth comes from good health and wise ways.
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 07:00:35 AM »
What are you guys looking forward to watching this season?

Long suffering Browns fan. I just can't look forward to the season any longer.

TLV

• Bristles
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:48 PM »
If I were to watch any NFL team, it would be the Eagles because I know a guy who got drafted by them last year. But I most likely won't watch anything, and I'll surprised again when the super bowl comes around. (Already? Didn't they just have one last year?)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »
If I were to watch any NFL team, it would be the Eagles because I know a guy who got drafted by them last year. But I most likely won't watch anything, and I'll surprised again when the super bowl comes around. (Already? Didn't they just have one last year?)

You're having another birthday?  Didn't you have one last year?  ;)

Happy birthday!  :D

TLV

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »
Thanks. How did you know? I notice my age is updated on my posts, but I didn't see any other sign. Super mod powers?

Best part of turning 25 so far: Our car insurance premium is dropping 25%. Oh, and cake. Cake is good.

Taylor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »
As a Denver resident (and Broncos fan), I'm looking forward to see how Manning will do working with the offensive line. I was sort of nuetral about Tebow. I'm glad he is in a position to learn more and develop as a QB, since I think he's a tremendous athlete and has a lot of potential. I wish that the Broncos could have kept him AND gotten Manning to mentor him.

GO BRONCS!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
Thanks. How did you know?

On someone's birthday, the forum puts a little picture of a cake next to their age.  I happened to notice it yesterday.

As a Denver resident (and Broncos fan), I'm looking forward to see how Manning will do working with the offensive line. I was sort of nuetral about Tebow. I'm glad he is in a position to learn more and develop as a QB, since I think he's a tremendous athlete and has a lot of potential. I wish that the Broncos could have kept him AND gotten Manning to mentor him.

GO BRONCS!

Yeah, I agree that would have been cool, because I think he needs some development, and he won't get that in NY when fan begin to call for him to start over Sanchez.  But I understand why they needed to move him.. fans calling for him to start if Payton is shaking at first while he gets back in the groove wouldn't be good for team chemistry.

Taylor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »

On someone's birthday, the forum puts a little picture of a cake next to their age.  I happened to notice it yesterday.

GO BRONCS!

Yeah, I agree that would have been cool, because I think he needs some development, and he won't get that in NY when fan begin to call for him to start over Sanchez.  But I understand why they needed to move him.. fans calling for him to start if Payton is shaking at first while he gets back in the groove wouldn't be good for team chemistry.

I agree it would not be good for the team overall, but I think the fans calling for Tebow is a fad, and will fade if the coaches ignore it for a few games. The Broncos gave in to it, feeding the Tebow-fire, and it wasn't good for team unity.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:13:38 AM »
I agree it would not be good for the team overall, but I think the fans calling for Tebow is a fad, and will fade if the coaches ignore it for a few games. The Broncos gave in to it, feeding the Tebow-fire, and it wasn't good for team unity.

Yeah, but once they've given in once, the fans would become louder next time, thinking it'll work again.

Now it's NY's problem, and we all know how fickle and tough NY sports fans can be.

Taylor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 10:13:11 AM »

Yeah, but once they've given in once, the fans would become louder next time, thinking it'll work again.

Now it's NY's problem, and we all know how fickle and tough NY sports fans can be.

Very True. I saw the tail-end of the Jets-Panthers game last night, and  it seemed that the NY coach was forcing Tebow to practice staying in the pocket and passing, versus running in the ball. He still looks stressed in the pocket, and made some really back throws. Jets lost, but good for the coach to get Tebow practicing his weak points.

jpo

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 12:12:51 PM »
Wasn't pretty, but how 'bout them Lions? Megatron is going to break the Madden NFL cover curse!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 03:02:07 PM »
Wasn't pretty, but how 'bout them Lions? Megatron is going to break the Madden NFL cover curse!

Yeah, they looked pretty bad, but a win is a win.

I was crushed my Seahawks lost to Arizona, especially given that we had about twenty thousand chances at the end to win (it seemed like) and just couldn't hold on to a pass.

Manning surprised me, I underestimate him coming off the injury.  Green Bay losing surprised me.  Patriots seem like the only consistent team year in and year out (the Yankees of Football).

strider3700

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »
4 games in and I already want to write the season off and start over. ugg the raiders are aweful this year.  Worse then last year even...

Guitarist

• Stubble
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 01:26:11 PM »
This has to be the worst Steeler defense I have seen in my life. Simply awful.

At least I will be less inclined to check the game, thus freeing my time.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
If the Bengals and the Buckeyes both make it through the year without egregious ethical lapses, I'll call it a victory. It hasn't happened yet, and some years both teams are in the news the wrong way (cf. 2011).

Ahem: "Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS," It's not an egregious ethical lapse, but still. What a dumbass!

(The Buckeyes teams in most sports are among the best students, the studying kind, in our conference.)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
GO HAWKS!

keith

• Bristles
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 06:35:56 PM »
GO HAWKS!

I only caught the last quarter... but when I tuned in that was one pleasant surprise to see the score.

Lets hope they can actually make it far in the playoffs this year.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
Yeah, we'll have to do a few road games, but we're coming together at the right time.  Exciting season, and next few years,

Will

• Pencil Stache
  • What the deuce?!?!?
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2012, 09:06:54 AM »
After managing to win my 3rd place game, I'm left wondering if there might be enough people here to start a mustachian fantasy football league?

keith

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 03:48:12 PM »
Ugh. That seahawks game was heartbreaking :(

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »
Ugh. That seahawks game was heartbreaking :(

Agreed.  What a disappointing end to the season.  Left with only the hollow "there's always next year."

The Bearded Bank Builder

• Stubble
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2013, 10:50:21 AM »
<----Smug 49ers fan :)

But you Seahawks fans should still be pretty happy. How many of you expected Russel Wilson to be so good so quickly and not only lead the team to the playoffs but win a playoff game? And even in the loss he played great! I've been saying all season "damn it, I think the Seahawks are going to be good for the next 10 years"

After managing to win my 3rd place game, I'm left wondering if there might be enough people here to start a mustachian fantasy football league?

And to Will: Count me in for the MFFL!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 10:59:15 AM »
I don't do the fantasy football thing; following individual players beyond my team is too much time/work.

I was very happy with our season.  Just disappointed with the last 30 seconds.

49ers-Seahawks will be an awesome rivalry.

Your guys' quarterback is amazing as well, we both have several good years of hard hitting defense, fun to watch scrambling QBs, and a pounding running game.  Game on.

The_Dude

• Stubble
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 06:33:34 PM »
Go Niners!!!

I think I've only watched 2, maybe 3 super bowls since the last time the Niners played.  For this first time in a looong time I looking forward to the super bowl again :)

NWstubble

• Stubble
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 11:51:54 PM »
Go Niners!!!

I think I've only watched 2, maybe 3 super bowls since the last time the Niners played.  For this first time in a looong time I looking forward to the super bowl again :)

+1 for the SF 49ers! Wife is a ravens fan.....this could get interesting.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »
GO HAWKS!

So apparently I posted this after the last blowout we did of our rivals.  Seems appropriate to bump now.  Go Hawks!

Some fun surprises this season.  KC, Philly, Steelers, Giants.

Crossing my fingers for no injuries and some good football this season.

Sorry to Jaguar fans.  I'm rooting for you guys (besides next Sunday).

NWstubble

• Stubble
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »
GO HAWKS!

So apparently I posted this after the last blowout we did of our rivals.  Seems appropriate to bump now.  Go Hawks!

Some fun surprises this season.  KC, Philly, Steelers, Giants.

Crossing my fingers for no injuries and some good football this season.

Sorry to Jaguar fans.  I'm rooting for you guys (besides next Sunday).

Boo that man, boo him.

Hawks defense and run game looked good, should be an exciting year. 49ers just can't win in Seattle. December 8th, redemption.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 11:57:05 PM »
Hawks defense and run game looked good, should be an exciting year. 49ers just can't win in Seattle. December 8th, redemption.

Yeah, I'm really excited for that game, it'll show how legit we are heading into the playoffs.  I think you guys hold serve at home, though I hope we can squeak it out.

Hawks at home though are insane.  Football outsiders is ridiculously high on us based on DVOA.

If we can win the division and get a home game in the playoffs (let alone #1 seed and multiple home games) I think we cruise to the Superb Owl, even if we do lose in Candlestick in December.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2013, 05:19:10 AM »
My 'Skins are off to a rough start this year... RGIII isn't moving around, they can't get a run game going, secondary is atrocious, special teams are horrible, no one can even make a damn tackle!!  A few individual players are doing their part, but top to bottom it looks baaaaad right now.

Only silver lining is that the rest of the NFC East looks like trash too, so my playoff hopes aren't dead, hah!!  They may be able to turn it around yet (it's easy to forget they started 3-6 last year and were holding up against Seahawks in the playoffs until RGIIIs knee went for good), but I must say they are having problems at a very basic level right now and it's not looking good.  I'm picking us to lose against the lions this week. :/

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2013, 07:45:33 AM »
Ugh. I feel for the 'skins.  RGIII should still be sitting and Cousins should be playing (from game 1 onward).

Adrian Peterson set the bar too high on ACL returns - people should remember it used to take you out for a year+ (and before that it was career ending), and RGIII had the surgery only 7 months ago or so.

You owner needs to get FedEx field fixed, that field is a piece of crap.  Seahawks are still missing Clemons (our best pass rusher), who also tore an ACL in the same playoff game (had surgery a bit after RGIII, and is about ready to go, but the coaches are delaying to make sure).  That field is soup.

At least Morris bounced back in game 2.

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
  • A hybrid of MMM and thoughtful consumer.
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2013, 08:35:21 AM »
It's a good time to be a Seahawks fan right now.  Has to be the best home field advantage in all of football (a decibel level that can literally make the earth move, and weather conditions that often favor the home team).  Wilson came from Richmond VA (Benedictine High School) so there are a lot of folks in my area interested in the Seahawks these days.

Especially, um, with the Redskins looking just so very bad.  Disagree on not playing RG3 however.  He is rusty.  the only way to shake the rust is to play him.  And besides, while he has not played very well it is the defense that is the biggest problem, not the offense.  They were run off the field in two straight games, 1,023 yards of offense allowed, and it would have been even worse were it not for a pair of fluke turnovers near the goal line in both games.  Until the Skins can keep a team from scoring 30 points or so in the first half, the offense cannot save them.

My only solace is that the NY Football Giants looked equally putrid on defense after two games the year they beat the Pats the first time around.  The season is still young, the defense can mature over time, RG3 should get better, etc.  Optimism, right!  ;-)

Regardless, a must win against Detroit this week.  If they go 0-3, that optimism will go poof.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
Ugh. I feel for the 'skins.  RGIII should still be sitting and Cousins should be playing (from game 1 onward).

Adrian Peterson set the bar too high on ACL returns - people should remember it used to take you out for a year+ (and before that it was career ending), and RGIII had the surgery only 7 months ago or so.

You owner needs to get FedEx field fixed, that field is a piece of crap.  Seahawks are still missing Clemons (our best pass rusher), who also tore an ACL in the same playoff game (had surgery a bit after RGIII, and is about ready to go, but the coaches are delaying to make sure).  That field is soup.

At least Morris bounced back in game 2.

Totally disagree on Cousins for several reasons:
- physically, doctors say RGIII's knee is healed
- mentally, RGIII isn't there yet, but how can he trust his knee if they don't let him play
- there may be other factors like the wishes of RGIII and his dad as to why they are not running him.  Washingtons failure to run RGIII is affecting the entire offense.  Without the threat of RGIII running, Morris can't be effective either.  Additionally, offensive line has several noticeable weaknesses that are exposed when RGIII doesn't run.  He's not protected long enough to get off the throws that the coaches are calling.  So why they aren't running him is an unknown that still needs to be resolved and if he's not going to run then play calling needs to be adjusted short term and long term they need to get some different o-line guys in there to give the protection griff would need to succeed as pocket passer.  But the only way to resolve that possible unknown is to keep him in and try some different things and figure out what works for everyone.
- perhaps most importantly... There's a strong possibility that cousins doesn't even give the skins a better chance at winning!  Lets remember that the game cousins won last season was against the dreadful BROWNS.  I doubt he still looks like Tom Brady against a good team like the packers.

So basically, if they play cousins, the deprive their franchise guy of the chance to get the in field work the skins need for griffin to show the mental improvement that he needs to start playing more like himself, and they might not even have a better shot at winning.  Playing cousins instead of griffin keeps the skins playing like garbage even longer!

People forget that AP didn't look stellar his first few games either.  Or Tom Brady for that matter.  All the sudden when RGIII starts to look like the star he is again everyone's going to forget about this rough patch.

Supposedly some improvements are going to be made in maintaining FedEx field this season, but I'm dubious.  Last year it was a mud pit and you have to think that playing on slippery mud is dangerous for a guy with a bad knee.  Why they don't switch to nice, safe turf is a mystery to me...

If Skins go 2-2 into the bye they still are okay to look at the possibility of taking NFC east again... A little more iffy at 1-3, but as RGIII shakes the rust, the current issues they're having suddenly become non-issues again like they were last year.  Even if this season is a bust while RGIII heals, the long-term prospects for the team I feel are good because they will be free soon from the salary cap penalty and they'll start getting their first round draft picks again after they finish paying off the picks they traded to draft griffin.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:32:41 AM by Evakatharina »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
I'm not saying sit RGIII now.  It's too late for that.

I'm saying he should not have started the season.  Chris Clemons, the Seahawks pass rusher who tore his ACL same game as RGIII, was also cleared to play in game one.  He sat. He was good to play in game 2.  He sat.

More recovery time isn't a bad thing, even if you've just hit the cusp of "well it's probably okay."

At this point, you go with RGIII because pulling him sends a bad message.  But he should have been given more practice reps, more recovery time, and Cousins should have played game 1 and 2.

And yes, you still would have lost, due to your defense.  But at least RGIII wouldn't be looking terrible, which is potentially damaging.

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2013, 12:17:06 PM »
I mean... The fact is he's not going to start looking better until he plays in some real games.  Even if he sits for 2 years... His first few games back he's still not going to play well just because he hasn't been playing.  Playing cousins is just a waste when you know you have your franchise guy.  Give griff the reps.  Basically I see it as a choice between crappy games now at the beginning of the season with RGIII with a chance to improve, or crappy games now with cousins followed by more crappy games with RGIII in the middle of the season.  In scenario 1 you can still pull off a decent season as RGIII improves.  In scenario 2, the season is a definite bust.

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2013, 12:26:37 PM »
I like Arebelspy's points, but I'm with Eva here.  If the knee is truly healed (that's an assumption, I know) then the only way he gets better is to play.  The Skins were going to lose those first two games with Tom Brady at the helm.  So may as well get RG3 ready for the time when the defense is better, right?

Orrrrrr......  RG3 isn't really ready to come back yet.  And that's a very real possibility.  If that is the case then the doctors have put him on the field twice now when he should not be there (the first time when they did not yank him after the first quarter of our final playoff game).  He's a fanatastic athlete, and the Skins really oughta treat him like the franchise player he is, menaing make sure he is healthy for ten years, not two.

(Note to self, stay optimistic, stay optimistic...  oh my god we suck..... stay optimistic....)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:38:51 PM by hybrid »

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2013, 02:03:38 PM »
Fair enough.  I just don't think he is ready, and I think there is value in resting him, and I don't think it's just rust.

But all of this is armchair doctoring, so who knows.

Also, FWIW, Brady wouldn't have lost both those.  Even if his defense let up 50.  ;)

EK

• Pencil Stache
    • Happily Enough
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2013, 02:34:40 PM »
Well Tom was always a pocket passer :P

From my armchair perspective, one thing is for sure- right now it's way better to be a Seahawks than Redskins fan.  ;)

Luck better Skill

• Bristles
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »
  All smiles here as a Denver fan.  Could not believe we got Wes Walker in the off season.  The new TE Julius Thomas, sweet.  Only concern is we lost left Tackle Ryan Clady.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »
  All smiles here as a Denver fan.  Could not believe we got Wes Walker in the off season.  The new TE Julius Thomas, sweet.  Only concern is we lost left Tackle Ryan Clady.

Yeah, you guys are amazing.  And when Von Miller comes back from his suspension.. Wow.

That's the toughest game left on the Seahawks' schedule: facing the Broncos in NY.

;)

hybrid

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2013, 09:28:26 PM »
Well Tom was always a pocket passer :P

From my armchair perspective, one thing is for sure- right now it's way better to be a Seahawks than Redskins fan.  ;)

This would be the same Tom that has won two games against the (ahem) Bills and Jets by less than a TD total, right?  ;-)

Maybe 2003-2011 Tom with the 2003-2011 Patriots, but I dunno about the 2013 version....  The man has almost no one left to throw to.

I like Seattle and Denver in NY.  They sure look heads and shoulders above the rest early on.  Then again I liked Denver when all they had to do was keep Flacco from throwing over their head with less than a minute left!

kkbmustang

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:34 PM »

Can someone have a birthday, please, so I can see the little cake?

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:17 PM »

Can someone have a birthday, please, so I can see the little cake?

Happens a lot, you've never noticed it?

If you don't want to scour around for one, go to your forum profile, set your bday as today, then go look at one of your posts (then change your bday to whatever).