Author Topic: New sub-forum request  (Read 2329 times)

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
New sub-forum request
« on: January 10, 2018, 05:34:58 PM »
Times change, and I think the MMM forum is showing its age. Can we add a new "I bought a new car" sub-forum?

I'd also like to propose some new ettiquette rules:
  • Responses should begin with "Congratulations!"
  • Bodily contact should be restricted to pats on the back only (facial blows are strictly verbotten).
  • Thread participants should be encouraged to offer constructive feedback, such as:
    • "Did you consider financing that?"
    • "Did you go for the leather seats? It's a little more, but you're totally worth it."
Finally, please no sarcastic, passive-aggressive posts.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
Re: New sub-forum request
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 06:10:22 PM »
Yeah, for some reason gear-heads seem to get more of a pass on this forum.  I can't imagine being passionate about cars, so it's doubly baffling to me.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:25:25 PM »
A simple car forum would be nice. Yes, biking is the official mode of transportation in the cult of Mustachianism, but damn it'd be nice to bounce car ideas off the board for some feedback without any "be a badass with a bike" or posters suggesting equally irrelevant and useless things like train or bus.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03:37 AM »
Should the forum topic be stretched to include other forms of transportation? Boats? Planes? Hoverboards?

Barbaebigode

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:54:39 AM »
Helicopters certainly. But not your own because that would be un-mustachian. I mean those "ubers" for helicopters that really are a bang for the buck.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:03:14 AM by Barbaebigode »

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »
Perhaps in Off Topic?

I see what you're going for here but at some point it's got almost nothing to do with the blog.

Also your etiquette requests are a bit much.
1. Congratulations? Even if they bought a brand new escalade? I've heard others on here suggest that even the purchase of a cheap, reliable used car should be met with "I'm sorry for your loss" - of stache.
2. If you don't like the term face punches that's fine but it sounds like you asking that people only encourage spending money and never question use of funds. on MMM.
3. Wait. Is this sarcasm? You suggest financing and use the phrase "you're totally worth it" back to back.

You got me.

Johnez

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 12:37:13 PM »
Oh I see. Damn, totally missed the sarcasm. And it was dripping.

Another pointless thread...

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 04:14:32 AM »
If somebody wants to start a car thread then just do so. Maybe " Lets talk about cars here" and put in your op what it is , rules etc.. you would like to try to adhere to. If owning a nice car is your thing so be it. People that arent interested probably wont be on it so try it and see.

The other stuff, it is what it is. Talk and treat people the way you feel good about yourself and ignore the noise of people that bother you. That's the real world.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 12:24:24 PM »
Lolz! Funny stuff, you big ol' softy.

Optimiser

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 01:06:23 PM »
Thanks for the laugh!