Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 780897 times)

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #800 on: March 10, 2017, 02:35:10 PM »
Anyone play Puerto Rico or Power Grid or Imperial on BrettspielWelt?

Up for a game?  I am Jfet on there.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #801 on: March 10, 2017, 07:29:01 PM »
Just picked up Far Cry 4 today. Cheap. Got to be worth the few dollars I paid for it. Really like #3, and this seemed to be at least as good, though the opening seems a bit forced.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #802 on: March 10, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
Just picked up Far Cry 4 today. Cheap. Got to be worth the few dollars I paid for it. Really like #3, and this seemed to be at least as good, though the opening seems a bit forced.

The story is a bit weaker but the overall gameplay is better than Far Cry 3.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #803 on: March 11, 2017, 04:23:08 AM »

That was kind of my impression in the half-hour I spent on it yesterday. Should be worth the $8 I spent on it, I guess.

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #804 on: March 11, 2017, 11:57:37 AM »

I love the far cry games.  The mini-choppers in FarCry 4 are great.  I also love the dynamic fire!

frugalwitch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #805 on: March 12, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
I have a 110 guardian druid in legion (Silverhand) at ilvl 882 or something.  I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks but played the game heavily from around October to January.

Vanilla sounds interesting.   I played WoW in 2004 even in beta and really remember the vanilla experience fondly.  I wonder if it would be fun to go back and try it.

If you get the urge, start a toon on Tichondrius and we can do some questing or dungeons.  I'm lvl 21 Goblin Warrior named Gumbythumbs :)

I think we can now play with friends that aren't on our server ? If so, I'm leveling up one toon in each faction so If you ever need help with your goblin feel free to ask :). I have a priest lvl 82 and a 100 sham on horde.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #806 on: March 13, 2017, 06:20:54 AM »
I have a 110 guardian druid in legion (Silverhand) at ilvl 882 or something.  I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks but played the game heavily from around October to January.

Vanilla sounds interesting.   I played WoW in 2004 even in beta and really remember the vanilla experience fondly.  I wonder if it would be fun to go back and try it.

If you get the urge, start a toon on Tichondrius and we can do some questing or dungeons.  I'm lvl 21 Goblin Warrior named Gumbythumbs :)

I think we can now play with friends that aren't on our server ? If so, I'm leveling up one toon in each faction so If you ever need help with your goblin feel free to ask :). I have a priest lvl 82 and a 100 sham on horde.

Oh, that'd be fun!

I have the Goblin Warrior at 37, but started an Orc Monk this weekend to try healing as Monk.  He's currently level 22.  I'm really enjoying it, and will probably stick to the Monk.  Name of the Monk is Gravitythief if you want to add him.

If/when I buy Legion, I'll have a free 100, but will likely use it on a BE Paladin, since that's what I had on my previous account.  I don't like the idea of instant leveling a character to 100 that I have no experience with.  I'd rather play it up and learn it well, so it'll be a few weeks until I get the Monk high enough to team with you.

zoltani

« Reply #807 on: March 13, 2017, 10:04:07 AM »
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a really fun game. It beautifully blends open world RPG elements with stealth and combat. So far it has enough action to not get boring like witcher 3 did. We will see if that is the case as the game continues.

Fred2004

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #808 on: March 13, 2017, 10:59:42 AM »
if your looking for a super frustrating game.  check out Trials Fusion.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #809 on: March 13, 2017, 04:41:52 PM »
Horizon: Zero Dawn is a really fun game.
That game looks awesome! Pity it's a PS4-only title :(

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #810 on: March 14, 2017, 12:47:02 PM »
Started playing Fallout 4 again...I got burned out on it a while back and never finished the main story or did any of the DLC.

If you play any of the DLCs..play Far Harbor.   They elaborate on some of the factions that didn't get nearly enough time in the original game..namely the "children of the atom".  Very moody and atmospheric too.  Make sure your character is fairly high level though..the enemies seem to be leveled much higher than in the base game.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:39:36 AM by farmecologist »

lemonlyman

• Bristles
« Reply #811 on: March 15, 2017, 05:58:17 AM »
I'm also playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. I don't imagine I'll play much else this year after I beat it because the game play and story are so satisfying. I didn't play much after The Last of Us either. When a game is so good, nothing else seems that interesting for a while.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #812 on: March 15, 2017, 07:26:44 AM »
I'm also playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. I don't imagine I'll play much else this year after I beat it because the game play and story are so satisfying. I didn't play much after The Last of Us either. When a game is so good, nothing else seems that interesting for a while.

It's that good? I was considering getting a copy.

zoltani

« Reply #813 on: March 15, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
Horizon is a really fun game. What I like is that there isn't as much "busywork" like in other RPGs I have played, mainly Witcher 3. There is a good mixture of stealth, combat, and action that makes in fun and engaging. I also like the story of a tribal people that exist far after we have died out, only leaving our machines behind. The people in the world of Horizon seem to not know where these machines came from, only that they must fight against them. There's more to it, but I don't want to spoil anything.

It will be GOTY I think. 

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #814 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:47 PM »
I picked up Blueprint Tycoon during a Steam sale - forget how much I paid then, but it's $3 now. Definitely worth $3! I played for quite a few hours yesterday (hello snow day!) and will be playing some more later. It starts of simple, almost too easy, but all of a sudden you have dozens of moving parts to watch. You have to manage supply and demand, figure out the best spots for resources, make sure your transportation working (remembering to create all chains of the routes is the key). The graphics are super simplistic but cute. Tons of fun!

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2017, 09:00:57 AM »
Started playing Fallout 4 again...I got burned out on it a while back and never finished the main story or did any of the DLC.

If you play any of the DLCs..play Far Harbor.   They elaborate on some of the factions that didn't get nearly enough time in the original game..namely the "children of the atom".  Very moody and atmospheric too.  Make sure your character is fairly high level though..the enemies seem to be leveled much higher than in the base game.

I got burnt out on the DLC, I may have to go back and play some more. I think I was 1/2 through Far Harbor

GrumpyPenguin

• Bristles
« Reply #816 on: March 28, 2017, 08:50:59 AM »
Last weekend I got to play a number of HTC Vive games over at a friends place.  Wow... I really really want to get one now.  It was amazing.  I'm so torn... the price is just a bit too high to make it an easy buy, and you just know that the next version to come out should dramatically improve resolution/latency/maybe wireless... but dang, it was so awesome.

Anyone here get one and think it was worthwhile?

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #817 on: March 28, 2017, 02:06:43 PM »
Anyone thinking of getting Persona 5? I've never played any in the series, but I have some friends who are crazy over those games.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #818 on: March 28, 2017, 02:20:48 PM »
Curious if I'm the only one:

I can't seem to justify buying any more games for at least the next few years.  Between the games I've accumulated in sales over the past few years as well as offers for free (older) games that come up on steam/origin/slickdeals I won't have time to play all of them.  This doesn't even include free indie games.

I honestly haven't even gone through that many last gen games.  I don't think I'll ever get to the current gen ones.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #819 on: March 28, 2017, 02:34:51 PM »

I can't seem to justify buying any more games for at least the next few years.  Between the games I've accumulated in sales over the past few years as well as offers for free (older) games that come up on steam/origin/slickdeals I won't have time to play all of them.  This doesn't even include free indie games.

I honestly haven't even gone through that many last gen games.  I don't think I'll ever get to the current gen ones.

Agreed. The amount of play time I've gotten out of just 2 games far exceeds what I'd be able play on for a brand new game.

I've also realized I'm in a "phase" where I can't justify playing any games, at all. This has been going on for the past 5 weeks. A little strange and almost worrisome, so much of my nostalgic feels are wrapped around gaming. Anyone else hit these phases?

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #820 on: March 28, 2017, 02:51:28 PM »

I've gotten to the point where almost all games get added to price watches and not bought till they drop below $20. It means I can't play them right away, but I have a backlog so unless it is something I simply feel like I want to play immediately it can wait. I could get them every cheaper getting them used, but I do like feeling like at least some of my money is going to support the developers of games I love even if it isn't the amount that would if I bought them right at release. I just can't justify spending $60 on almost any game when I have a backlog that is growing.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #821 on: March 28, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »
I've also realized I'm in a "phase" where I can't justify playing any games, at all. This has been going on for the past 5 weeks. A little strange and almost worrisome, so much of my nostalgic feels are wrapped around gaming. Anyone else hit these phases?

I definitely have phases.  I think it's cyclical.

I play a game super passionately for several months, then just drop everything completely for a month or so, then I pick up a few games for a few weeks each.  Then, I slow down on the odd games, and start to look for a serious game.  Then I find that game and dive in.  Repeat.

Currently about 1 month into the high-frequency portion of the cycle.  Got back into WoW.  I hadn't played it since 2009, so there is so much content to catch up on.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #822 on: March 29, 2017, 08:06:24 AM »

I definitely have phases.  I think it's cyclical.

Yup. I'll do this with specific games and video games in general.

I'm also bummed... I just bought a Steam Link on ebay, thinking I could just hook it up and play with my wireless 360 controller. After a good hour of pulling my hair out trying to make it work, I discovered it doesn't just magically work with the 360 controller (which, in retrospect, makes sense). I either need an adapter, a wired controller, or the Steam controller, which I'm finding are all about the same price, which is still more money than I wanted to spend. Sigh... do your research before you buy, kids.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #823 on: March 29, 2017, 09:19:56 AM »
I'm wrapping up Shadows of Mordor - it's getting repetitive now, but it was well worth the $4 I paid.

ElGrillo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #824 on: March 29, 2017, 06:33:34 PM »
I'm wrapping up Shadows of Mordor - it's getting repetitive now, but it was well worth the $4 I paid.

I loved that game, but yeah it does get repetitive. I never beat the whole thing, but there are other story lines aside from the main one, so I might go back to it sometime

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #825 on: March 30, 2017, 06:37:51 AM »
I'm somewhat considering picking up a PS4 this weekend... they'll be on sale for $290 Canadian, no tax, for the 500Gb version.

I'm mostly into RPGs. I'd probably pick up Final Fantasy XV and perhaps XIV; then the VII remake when it comes out. Are there lots of other good RPGs to get (also noting that I skipped the PS3, so any PS3 games I can get through the online store... Ni No Kuni perhaps?).

Do you have to buy the bullshit subscription to just use the thing? I'm not into that at all.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #826 on: March 30, 2017, 07:32:50 AM »
I'm somewhat considering picking up a PS4 this weekend... they'll be on sale for $290 Canadian, no tax, for the 500Gb version.

I'm mostly into RPGs. I'd probably pick up Final Fantasy XV and perhaps XIV; then the VII remake when it comes out. Are there lots of other good RPGs to get (also noting that I skipped the PS3, so any PS3 games I can get through the online store... Ni No Kuni perhaps?).

Do you have to buy the bullshit subscription to just use the thing? I'm not into that at all.

I bought a PS4 Slim last year when they went on sale. I primarily bought it for playing JRPGs.

Games I've played so far:
  • Uncharted 4 - Bundled with the console. I enjoyed it a lot, though the protagonist sure murders a lot (430 kill count in my play through)...
  • Disgaea 5 - Excellent quirky strategy RPG. I've played Disgaea 4 and D2 so it was exactly what I expected.
  • Final Fantasy XV - Big disappointment. Pretty game with nice animations, but the story was bland and I had a lot of user control complaints. I haven't finished it yet, but I'll probably go back eventually.
  • Atelier Sophie - A little more bland than previous Atelier games (I've played the Arland trilogy), but still entertaining and relaxing.
  • Megadimension Neptunia VII - Surprisingly good. I've played the previous three main games and was expecting more jokes to be reused. Lots of video game references and fourth wall breaking. This is certainly not a game for everyone.

I plan on getting Tales of Berseria. I've played a few other Tales games (Vesperia, Graces f, Xillia/Xillia 2) and have really enjoyed them. I'll probably also pick up Persona 5 (though I've never played one before) and Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age (remastered). The HD remaster of Final Fantasy X/X-2 is also available on the PS4, though I already have it on the PS3. I highly recommend picking that up.

My wife has also started playing Valkyria Chronicles Remastered. It looks good, but she isn't far enough into it for me to properly evaluate yet.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #827 on: March 30, 2017, 08:29:11 AM »

Lots of good RPGs on the PS4, with more coming. Horizon Zero Dawn was well received, Persona 5 is coming out (you don't have to play the other Persona games to know what's going on), Kingdom Hearts coming, Ni No Kuni is great.

You only need to buy a subscription if you're going to be playing online.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #828 on: March 30, 2017, 09:31:42 AM »

Lots of good RPGs on the PS4, with more coming. Horizon Zero Dawn was well received, Persona 5 is coming out (you don't have to play the other Persona games to know what's going on), Kingdom Hearts coming, Ni No Kuni is great.

You only need to buy a subscription if you're going to be playing online.

Thanks. I got a certain way through Persona 3 on the PSP, and less far through P4 on the PS2 (?). Not quite my cup of tea.

Can you get a decent version of Final Fantasy Tactics WotL? I know the PSP version had framerate issues. I still love the original, which I occasionaly replay on emulator.

jalich

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #829 on: March 30, 2017, 11:07:09 AM »
Anyone here get one

Yes! They are mind blowingly awesome. The sense of immersion is hard to describe to someone who hasn't tried it. You are THERE in-game.

and think it was worthwhile?

No! The experiences that I've tried have not had much replay value. Before you toss cash at one, go back to your friend's place and try the same games again. The novelty factor is high. The replay factor is low. Your mileage may vary.

If they were $150, it would be worth it. However, they are much more than that. If you aren't rocking a GTX1070 or better, you'll want a better video card as well.

I can see them having a large impact on visual based businesses... I have walked around "inside" of Sketchup drawings of a house that I designed. There's no comparison of how much better the visualization is inside of VR. I immediately changed the size of a few rooms, and validated a few lingering questions I had about ceiling height and spacings. That's very powerful to be able to do this before you have even lifted a hammer. If I were an architect I would be all over this. The difference between seeing it on a set of plans and then seeing it in VR is as big as the difference between 2-D and 3-D games.

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #830 on: March 30, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »
Anyone here get one

Yes! They are mind blowingly awesome. The sense of immersion is hard to describe to someone who hasn't tried it. You are THERE in-game.

and think it was worthwhile?

No! The experiences that I've tried have not had much replay value. Before you toss cash at one, go back to your friend's place and try the same games again. The novelty factor is high. The replay factor is low. Your mileage may vary.

If they were $150, it would be worth it. However, they are much more than that. If you aren't rocking a GTX1070 or better, you'll want a better video card as well.

I can see them having a large impact on visual based businesses... I have walked around "inside" of Sketchup drawings of a house that I designed. There's no comparison of how much better the visualization is inside of VR. I immediately changed the size of a few rooms, and validated a few lingering questions I had about ceiling height and spacings. That's very powerful to be able to do this before you have even lifted a hammer. If I were an architect I would be all over this. The difference between seeing it on a set of plans and then seeing it in VR is as big as the difference between 2-D and 3-D games.

I got the PSVR and have loved it, the feeling of immersion is completely different. It is however not fully worked out yet. There are of course the minor things such as improving the fidelity both in output of the machines running the VR.

Since 2 viewpoints have to be generated the actual amount of detail you can put out on the same machine in both non-VR and VR are vastly different. Even more so you can get away with 30fps in non-VR, yet VR really needs 90fps or more to not make it very uncomfortable and this again requires you scale back the detail in what your machine can display. An example with PSVR is that though non-VR games on PS4 look much better than PS3 when the effort is put in to get the most out of it, however VR games have trouble even matching PS3 levels of visual detail. Also 1080p when on the TV on your wall from a distance looks very crisp, but when strapped directly to your face this is nowhere near as sharp. These are just the visual aspects that definitely could use some maturing.

There are also things such as that moving around in a virtual world is still not completely figured out without most people getting sick and not using a massive and expensive rig such as the  Virtuix Omni or the HTC Vive Roomscale setup.

Another thing that could immensely improve immersion is more accurate body tracking, being able to track your fingers instead of having to use a controller would be a massive improvement in immersion and the same for accurately tracking the rest of the body. If a machine could be built that works similar to Kinect, but is able to use much higher resolution cameras and track your full body and all joints involved this could be a game changer in that respect. However doing so at this time though feasible technically I believe is still a ways off where it would be affordable enough to be potential consumer tech.

Another thing thing that I think will be necessary in the end is to have some kind of standard for VR. Different VR headset should in the end be no different than different TV models. You should be able to switch to a different VR headset and still play your games/software that worked with the previous set so long as they both meet the minimums required by the standards set. There might be a difference in resolution, more accurate tracking etc and more, but they should be able to support the majority of software with minimal work on the consumer end.

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #831 on: March 30, 2017, 03:54:41 PM »
Finally FINALLY finished FFXV this past weekend, and no spoilers, but I spent the next three days crying after the ending.   I'm still tearing up when I think about certain scenes and listen to some songs.  There were a lot of things (A LOT of things)  about that game that, if I were the director with unlimited resources, I would have changed or tweaked, but there's no denying the emotional impact of the game and its characters, that's for sure.

I kind of want to play something fun and funny to lift up my spirits now... any recommendations for someone with a gaming PC, PS2, PS3, and PS4?

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #832 on: March 30, 2017, 04:05:11 PM »
Finally FINALLY finished FFXV this past weekend, and no spoilers, but I spent the next three days crying after the ending.   I'm still tearing up when I think about certain scenes and listen to some songs.  There were a lot of things (A LOT of things)  about that game that, if I were the director with unlimited resources, I would have changed or tweaked, but there's no denying the emotional impact of the game and its characters, that's for sure.

I kind of want to play something fun and funny to lift up my spirits now... any recommendations for someone with a gaming PC, PS2, PS3, and PS4?

Try Portal 1 or 2! Excellent change of pace and quite humorous.

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #833 on: March 30, 2017, 04:22:51 PM »

Try Portal 1 or 2! Excellent change of pace and quite humorous.

You have excellent taste, and apparently so do I, as I have actually played them both and loved them.  Portal 2, especially, I'm a little shocked they were able to capture so much of the fun from the first game! :3

zoltani

« Reply #834 on: March 31, 2017, 10:30:01 AM »
Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together are pretty fun games. They are pretty difficult and can be quite frustrating though!

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #835 on: March 31, 2017, 12:48:03 PM »
Just ordered Persona 5 based on my buddy's recommendation to try the Persona games. I'm not thrilled with a $48 purchase but I will easily resell the game on Amazon if I don't like it.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #836 on: April 04, 2017, 12:47:09 PM »

Wow ! I have heard it's as good if not better than FF7 but I (for whatever reason) bought it right after it came out. Played it for about 3-4 hrs - did some chocobo racing and basically haven't picked it up since. Being an adult and what not makes it hard to just pick up and play this game...meh maybe I'm just too old for videogames now?!?

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #837 on: April 04, 2017, 12:49:52 PM »

Wow ! I have heard it's as good if not better than FF7 but I (for whatever reason) bought it right after it came out. Played it for about 3-4 hrs - did some chocobo racing and basically haven't picked it up since. Being an adult and what not makes it hard to just pick up and play this game...meh maybe I'm just too old for videogames now?!?

I actually haven't played FFVII, so I can't compare.  I'd say if you like the open world, ramble around, do whatever mechanic, you'll definitely enjoy the first part of the game, and the second part is much more linear and stays strictly on-plot.  That said, the game is best enjoyed having spent a lot of time hanging around and doing whatever in the beginning before proceeding.  It took me nearly 4 months to finish the game too, while I had friends who beat it the weekend they got it... it's been hard making time for games now that I'm an adult and have so many other things to focus on, but I'm glad I made time for this one.

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #838 on: April 04, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
I hadn't played any games in over a year, but I found myself laid up on the couch all weekend with a bum foot, and I was reminded what a pleasant distraction they can be in such situations. As it happens, I had long ago bought the first two Mass Effect games on Steam sale, but never got around to playing them. Given that the new one just came out, I figured it was the perfect time to try the earlier installments!

AFAICT (and please correct me if I'm wrong), neither ME1 or 2 support a game controller on the PC version. Which kind of sucks since for normal (non-gaming) input, I'm rocking a long-range wireless keyboard/trackpad combo (only thing that works well from the couch).

Fortunately these two games are playable with the trackpad (unlike some others where the mouse sensitivity seems to be completely off the charts). ME1 even has a setting to increase the "targetting assist" so that my clumsy swiping gets me close enough to actually hit something!

However, ME2 is a bit more "shooter-y" and requires more precision; so far my "soldier" character is being seriously out-classed in combat by his techy squad-mates. And at least one of the mini-games ("bypass") turns out to be practically un-playable, due to a very short timeout when trying to select a second item. I'm getting by so far, but I may have to see if I still have the older mouse/keyboard setup I used before I moved the the current combo device...

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #839 on: April 14, 2017, 02:50:38 AM »
I finally caved in and bought a PS4 bundle that included Horizon Zero Dawn. The game looks awesome @ 4K and HDR and I'm really enjoying the game play as much as everyone has been raving about.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #840 on: April 14, 2017, 10:11:56 AM »
Have been playing Persona 5 and it's really good. Long game...over 100 hours per play through. It's possible to get into even if you haven't played the other Persona games.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #841 on: April 17, 2017, 08:40:48 PM »
I finished Shadows of Mordor.  I may pick back up on The Last of Us -- I haven't finished it yet and it's been quite a while.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #842 on: April 18, 2017, 01:55:42 PM »
Hitman - ps4 - great game especially for 20 bucks !

Never played any of the other games or watched the movies for that matter.

Seems pretty well thought out though. Not exactly metal gear solid level of stealth type of game fun but still enjoyable.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #843 on: April 20, 2017, 09:33:59 AM »
Playing an old one that I got for free sometime ago (I really have no idea when I got this but it was in my steam account):

Realms of the Haunting

Controls are really wonky as this was a pre WASD and mouse movement first-person game, but it has been pretty fun.  The graphics and FMV/acting are pretty hilarious but there's decent enough atmosphere.

CptCool

• Bristles
« Reply #844 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:03 PM »
In case anyone missed it - starcraft is free. Many, many days were wasted playing this game when I was younger. So much fun in the custom games

https://starcraft.com/en-us/articles/20674424

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #845 on: April 30, 2017, 12:32:56 PM »
Mario Kart for the switch showed up in the mailbox this weekend.

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #846 on: May 01, 2017, 07:01:47 AM »

I'm so jealous.  I need to get a used Wii or something to get my Mario fix.  Not prepared to splurge for a Switch :)

----

In other news, I finally hit 110 in WoW.  It took a while, but I didn't rush through anything.  Now I get to learn end-game content and try to gear up.  Though, the PvP is still fun with crappy gear with the changes they made.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #847 on: May 01, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »

I'm so jealous.  I need to get a used Wii or something to get my Mario fix.  Not prepared to splurge for a Switch :)

When I bought my Wii U in came bundled with Mario Kart 8 and all the DLC. It's a very good game.

garth

• Stubble
« Reply #848 on: May 03, 2017, 08:09:08 AM »
After 200 hours, I think I'm done with Breath of the Wild until the DLC hits. I picked up Snipperclips but didn't love it and have only played an hour or so. Now I'm looking forward to Mario this winter and hopefully some SNES, N64, and Gamecube games in the meantime. I guess it'd be cool if the system got some more 3rd party support, but if I'm being honest, I'm really only interested in Nintendo games.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #849 on: May 03, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
After 200 hours, I think I'm done with Breath of the Wild until the DLC hits. I picked up Snipperclips but didn't love it and have only played an hour or so. Now I'm looking forward to Mario this winter and hopefully some SNES, N64, and Gamecube games in the meantime. I guess it'd be cool if the system got some more 3rd party support, but if I'm being honest, I'm really only interested in Nintendo games.

Woah, 200 hours?? It looks so good! Can't wait to play BoTW.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!