Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 780894 times)

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #950 on: November 06, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »
Dropping in to say I enjoyed Destiny 2 for quite a while when my friends and I were playing it.  I haven't been playing so much recently though.

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #951 on: November 06, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »
Downloading the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC and eagerly awaiting midnight. Taking tomorrow off to play. Not the most Mustachian, but my account had a $10 credit for some reason, so only paid half price. If it's as good as the base game, I'll get lots of hours of play out of it.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #952 on: November 06, 2017, 10:31:11 PM »
I'm playing DOS 2. Very engrossing and definitely the spiritual successor to NWN and Baldur's Gate.

Torment 2 was...so-so. The plot just didn't work and the point recovery system wasn't well considered.

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #953 on: November 07, 2017, 08:05:23 AM »
I have Dragon Age: Inquisition, that I've been rocking since August. 45 hours in. Think maybe I'm in Act 3? can't be sure!

Gondolin

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #954 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »
Torment 2 was...so-so. The plot just didn't work and the point recovery system wasn't well considered.

Agreed. I backed the game and boy did they screw up the project management. It really shows in the final product.

Right now I'm mainlining Stellaris while waiting for POE2 to drop.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #955 on: November 07, 2017, 02:20:57 PM »
I have Dragon Age: Inquisition, that I've been rocking since August. 45 hours in. Think maybe I'm in Act 3? can't be sure!

I'm adding it to my list. I enjoyed DA and DA 2.

Right now I'm mainlining Stellaris while waiting for POE2 to drop.

Stellaris also looks fun. When I finish Divinity, and then Wasteland 2, I'll look into Stellaris.

POE2 looks like it'll be a grade A game. They really pushed "fishing" in the funding, which is kinda weird, but the other funding upgrades are solid.

(Being RE is awesome. I'm playing catch up with all the games I've missed.)

thedigitalone

• Stubble
« Reply #956 on: November 07, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
I found a Steam coupon code for the new Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus game for $37 vs. the regular $59.95 price.

I'm getting slower with age so I'll get plenty of playtime out of it.  Reminds me of my C64 days so many years ago!

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #957 on: November 07, 2017, 04:04:51 PM »
Played World of Warcraft like it was a part time job from 2005 to 2010. Reduced my game time to a few hours a month from 2014-2016.  Haven't played in over six months.  My 7 year old pretty much took over my account.  I taught him how to play Command & Conquer 3 last year and we did team and vs matches almost daily for most of 2016.  I also play Empire: Total War quite frequently.  I saw an advertisement for Civilization 6 on Steam and decided to spend the $5 and reacquire Civilization 3.  I've been playing that non stop for a week.  I absolutely loved that game when it came out and my nostalgia has completely kicked back into gear and I will probably play it for the next year.  Basically I don't play new games.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #958 on: November 07, 2017, 04:43:16 PM »
I finished Uncharted 3 (the last of the Uncharted Collection I have)...if anybody wants to swap me for another PS4 game, I'm happy to trade.

Vertical Mode

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #959 on: November 08, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
Played World of Warcraft like it was a part time job from 2005 to 2010. Reduced my game time to a few hours a month from 2014-2016.  Haven't played in over six months.  My 7 year old pretty much took over my account.  I taught him how to play Command & Conquer 3 last year and we did team and vs matches almost daily for most of 2016.  I also play Empire: Total War quite frequently.  I saw an advertisement for Civilization 6 on Steam and decided to spend the $5 and reacquire Civilization 3.  I've been playing that non stop for a week.  I absolutely loved that game when it came out and my nostalgia has completely kicked back into gear and I will probably play it for the next year.  Basically I don't play new games.

Haha, me either. Still love Civ 3, thought the notion of culture/territory was a great addition.

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #960 on: November 09, 2017, 09:15:41 AM »

Picked up a game called ELEX.  At first glance, it isn't very impressive....because reviewers said 'combat is too hard', etc...

With that being said, if you are fan of 'old school' RPGs that don't hold your hand...this game is for you.  It is by the Piranha Bytes team ( Gothic series, Risen series, etc.. ) so by definition the game has it's quirks. 

However, what drew me to the game is the uniqueness of it.  It really is a neat combination of fantasy (Skyrim), post-apocalyptic (Fallout), and futuristic (mass Effect).  I've never played anything like it.  The world they built rewards exploration and is extremely well done.   The writing and quests are rather impressive too.  Kudos to the dev team for ambition!  Due to the early-game difficulty, you do have to give the game a few hours to 'get going' though.  However, the difficulty really gives you a great sense of satisfaction as you progress.

Anyway, the reason I posted about it here is because I'd expect the price to drop on it very fast due to the mediocre initial reviews.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2017, 10:08:23 AM »
Is there anything out there currently (legal) that is similar to the WoW classic vanilla experience?   I am crushed after reading it might not be released for 2 years.  I was ready to roll my priest or warlock and grind my way up to running the original Scholomance.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #962 on: November 09, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »
Is there anything out there currently (legal) that is similar to the WoW classic vanilla experience?   I am crushed after reading it might not be released for 2 years.  I was ready to roll my priest or warlock and grind my way up to running the original Scholomance.

I believe there is a way to set up private local servers to play Vanilla style. I have no idea how to actually do it though.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #963 on: November 09, 2017, 10:41:29 AM »
check out https://elysium-project.org/. It's had some drama and stability/uptime issues but it's the only one AFAIK with a large enough number of players to find groups and reasonably sustain an economy. I played for a bit but lost interest after the friends I was playing with bailed. It was fun but really drove home the need for a stable platform and a large player base, two things that an official Blizzard-backed version should resolve, albeit a couple years from now.

Although as much as I'd like to see an official Vanilla server, I would **love** a BC or WotLK server even more. Those expansions solved a lot of the early "Quality of Life" issues while still maintaining the playstyle and difficulty of the original game, IMO.

lemonlyman

• Bristles
« Reply #964 on: November 09, 2017, 11:24:28 AM »
I was playing Bloodborne like crazy and then I got stuck on a boss. I'll probably pick up something to play next on a Black Friday sale.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #965 on: November 10, 2017, 11:05:50 AM »
I caved and bought a custom built gaming computer - much cheaper than buying a pre-made gaming computer, but I spent more than some people here might approve of. I don't care - unexpected money came in, I'm already above my savings goal for the year, and my old computer was failing to shit. I have a graphics card that works!!! That's actually really good!!!

I've really been enjoying Cities Skylines, and I picked up Planet Coaster when it was on sale. Beautiful games! And I get lost in them for hours... I think it's been 20 mins and two hours have gone by. Also... Sims 4, which I'm kicking myself for getting back into, but I admit I'm dying for the new Pets expansion pack. I'll wait until it's a bundle deal with something else (that's how I picked up City Living, and how I'm planning on getting Get Together eventually).

Looking through the Steam sale... Layers of Fear is on sale for $5. If you're a horror game person at all, this game looked amazing. There's no way I could ever play it myself, but I watched a play through and... wow. You can get the game and the sequel DLC for $5.74... I didn't quite get the sequel, but I'd still recommend it for only $0.75.

Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale for $7.50 (VI is on sale too but for more than I'm willing to pay). The "complete" bundle is $12.27. I've heard the Civilization games are great - is it worth it?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:31:21 PM by Lis »

ptobest

• Stubble
« Reply #966 on: November 10, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
Sid Meyer's Civilization V is on sale for $7.50 (VI is on sale too but for more than I'm willing to pay). The "complete" bundle is $12.27. I've heard the Civilization games are great - is it worth it?

I have been playing Civ games since Civ 3 came out, have lost more weekends to that game than I can count, all of them very well spent. $12.27 is a great price for the Civ 5 bundle, totally recommend getting it.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #967 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:34 PM »
I played Civilization (the original!) way  more than I care to admit.  It can be very addictive.

Travis

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #968 on: November 11, 2017, 08:12:32 AM »

I have been playing Civ games since Civ 3 came out, have lost more weekends to that game than I can count, all of them very well spent. $12.27 is a great price for the Civ 5 bundle, totally recommend getting it.

"Just one more turn" resulted in going to bed at 1am last night.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #969 on: November 14, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
Downloading the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC and eagerly awaiting midnight. Taking tomorrow off to play. Not the most Mustachian, but my account had a $10 credit for some reason, so only paid half price. If it's as good as the base game, I'll get lots of hours of play out of it.

I just got the main game, pleasantly surprised! It's like Skyrim-light, or some Skyrim/Witcher mix, so if you enjoyed those then you'd likely like this one! How's the DLC? i may be interested in it in about a year when I finish the main bit

Inaya

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #970 on: November 16, 2017, 07:26:59 AM »

I just got the main game, pleasantly surprised! It's like Skyrim-light, or some Skyrim/Witcher mix, so if you enjoyed those then you'd likely like this one! How's the DLC? i may be interested in it in about a year when I finish the main bit
It was very enjoyable. They kept all of the stuff that makes the game great and added some nice new features and challenges. The new machines are nasty though, so you'd need to be fairly high level to tackle it. There wasn't nearly as much world building through data points, but that's understandable given the scope of the DLC. They did answer some of the questions left over at the end of the main game, which was nice. And they very strongly implied that one of my personal theories is correct, which was pretty exciting. Basically, if you like the main game, you'll probably enjoy the DLC.

Oh and they made faces much more expressive and less Uncanny Valley. But for some characters, I think they made them a little too expressive, almost caricature-like. They'll get it right eventually.

aaahhrealmarcus

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Declutter. Decommodify. Denerdify.
    • Minimally Nerdy
« Reply #971 on: December 01, 2017, 12:47:19 PM »
I've been playing the heck out of Sonic Mania lately! I find it's style of retro-ness much more appealing than a lot of other attempts at going back to oldschool roots, for some reason. Like Shovel Knight, it was obviously made by fans as more of a love letter than a cash-grab.

Shaz_Au

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #972 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:32 PM »
Just in case you hadn't seen this elsewhere, Ubishit are giving away the following games on their uPlay platform:

·         World in Conflict (including the expansion Soviet Assault) will be FREE and downloadable for PC from December 4th to December 11th

·         Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag on PC will be available for FREE from December 11th to December 18th

Here's the link ubisoft.com/happyplaydays_pr

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #973 on: December 06, 2017, 07:28:16 AM »

Sounds like many of us like open world RPGs.  If so, please try Assasins Creed Origins when the price drops.  I'm not typically a huge fan of the series but this one has obviously taken inspiration from Witcher 3.   After playing it for around 15 hours, I'm very impressed.  The game is huge and beautiful and has a very good story.  The ancient Egypt setting is a welcome change from all of the 'high fantasy' games that have been released lately.

FI40

• Stubble
« Reply #974 on: December 08, 2017, 12:34:16 PM »
Anybody playing CS:GO?

PM me if you want to get a round in! I'm only silver 3.

Cowardly Toaster

• Bristles
    • My MMM Forum Journal
« Reply #975 on: December 08, 2017, 06:16:31 PM »
WOLOLO

drudgep

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #976 on: December 08, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
Anyone playing Payday 2? Got it for free this year- really enjoying it.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #977 on: December 11, 2017, 04:36:29 PM »
Combined parts from 2 different XP systems I recently inherited from deceased relatives with parts from my closet o' obsolete tech and setup a retrogaming machine.  First down was Astro Avenger II.  Beat it on the first play through on Pilot (standard) difficulty.  Now moving on to Star Trek: Armada!

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #978 on: December 24, 2017, 10:02:09 AM »
I finally broke down, gave in, and bought a Switch.  First non-obsolete console purchase of my life.  I was still playing the N64 and PS2 (I got when each was already replaced by an upgrade and therefor got for free/cheap), until last month.

In my Mustachian defense, I got it used on Craigslist, $750 for console, extra set joycons, 2 procontrollers, charging base, joycon grip bases, 4 wheels, screen protector, carrying case, stand, microSD card, 10 physical major title games, and about 10 downloaded games, including almost everything I was interested in getting.  Retail would have been more than double what I paid, without tax.
And I've actually been using it quite a bit, party games with groups of friends, Overcooked every night with my wife, and all free time consumed by the new LoZ which, even with all the hype, not only fails to disappoint, but was still surprisingly impressive.  I had to set up a timer on the TV so I would actually sleep at night.  I spent about 5 days / 20-30 hours just exploring and doing side quests before even getting around to starting the first quest, and now a couple weeks in, with still most of my Hyrule time being spent exploring, I've found all of 67 Korok seeds (out of, according to the internet, 900).
So I feel like I'm going to end up getting my money's worth in terms of dollar per hour of entertainment...

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #979 on: December 26, 2017, 09:17:59 AM »
...and all free time consumed by the new LoZ which, even with all the hype, not only fails to disappoint, but was still surprisingly impressive.

I must be the only person who doesn't like that game very much :-/

I hate that weapons break. What kind of sword breaks after three hits?! I guess I didn't get into it enough, and forget how combat works between sessions. I hate the stupid puzzles in the shrines... when I go, oh, I'm looking at this all wrong, and figure out the trick it makes me annoyed that I wasted time rather than pleased that I solved it. I hate the stupid guardian? things that one shot you.

I'm just not very good at it, I suppose :P

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #980 on: December 26, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
...and all free time consumed by the new LoZ which, even with all the hype, not only fails to disappoint, but was still surprisingly impressive.

I must be the only person who doesn't like that game very much :-/

I hate that weapons break. What kind of sword breaks after three hits?! I guess I didn't get into it enough, and forget how combat works between sessions. I hate the stupid puzzles in the shrines... when I go, oh, I'm looking at this all wrong, and figure out the trick it makes me annoyed that I wasted time rather than pleased that I solved it. I hate the stupid guardian? things that one shot you.

I'm just not very good at it, I suppose :P

lol, it helps to have been a fan of the series for a long time.  The puzzles have been a staple since the beginning, and increased in how central they are all along. I still get stuck occasionally, but I think being familiar with how the designers think helps figure it out faster.  The weapons you find early break easy, but you eventually find stronger ones, and end up picking up new good weapons faster than they break, and end up having to drop good gear that's never been used to make space for something even better you find.  The guardians almost never hit you if you don't stop moving.

I love how large and detailed it is, and how you can stand on a high mountain top and look around at the landscape, and everything you can see in the far distance, you can actually get to.

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
« Reply #981 on: December 27, 2017, 06:59:28 AM »
My burning question on the Switch is ... do I have to move around to play it? I was completely lost on all Zelda games on the Wii the second I realized I had to like, wave my arm around like I was sword fighting irl. I could handle bowling with a flick of the wrist or something trivial, but standing in my living room having epic sword fight battles was too much lol. I mean, have you SEEN the YouTube videos of people doing this LOL. I couldn't get over it. I'm ready to play a lazy, thumb-exercising video game again!

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #982 on: December 27, 2017, 07:38:28 AM »
There are some games that are designed around motion control, but they are the exception.
In Zelda BotW they are totally optional, and specifically for aiming (primarily aiming with the bow, and the location that spells take place).
I initially expected it to feel gimmicky and to turn it off after a while, but I actually got used to it very quickly, and it just feels like yet another control on the 2 joystick 16 button controller (every single one of which is used in that game)

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #983 on: December 27, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »
My burning question on the Switch is ... do I have to move around to play it? I was completely lost on all Zelda games on the Wii the second I realized I had to like, wave my arm around like I was sword fighting irl. I could handle bowling with a flick of the wrist or something trivial, but standing in my living room having epic sword fight battles was too much lol. I mean, have you SEEN the YouTube videos of people doing this LOL. I couldn't get over it. I'm ready to play a lazy, thumb-exercising video game again!

No the Switch controller/s are not Wiimotes. There are analog and digital dpads and buttons. No epic arm waving needed.

I have the WiiU - just a big touchscreen in the middle of a controller. I think you tilt the pad for fine aiming though.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #984 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
I got Zelda BotW for Christmas!

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #985 on: December 27, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
I've been playing a bunch of Middle-earth: Shadow of War.  Enjoyed the original and this one is a lot of fun too. 

caffeine

• Stubble
« Reply #986 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
I've returned to Diablo 2. It's an awesome game that Blizzard still supports. Definitely helps kill time and the urge to buy new games.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #987 on: December 27, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
I sort of got back into Minecraft, mostly as a way to relax and be creative. I am building a city street with the intent to build an actual city. So far I have about 6-7 buildings and some walking paths.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #988 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
Currently I am playing the Final Fantasy XV multiplayer DLC, Comrades.

I am quite disappointed in the main game. It beggars belief they could make such a disjointed thing - where virtually nothing is explained (you have to go and watch a film, amongst other things, in theory); where the actual plot is just half a dozen set pieces *which you can guard/block through most of*; where your world is being torn apart but you're on a nice road trip with your friends; where there is supposed to be a load of friendship but... there is really very little of it developed.

Ahem.

But the MP is ok!

I've never understood games where side quests are the main thing. The MP bit does it right; you do side quests to advance the main story. With the main game, if you skip the side quests... well, I watched someone do a speed run of the game in 4.5 hours.

The main game is just such a waste of time! They put sooo much effort in to certain things but made them pointless! Argh.

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #989 on: January 02, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
civ 6!

ElGrillo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #990 on: January 11, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »
civ 6!

I picked that one up, but haven't played it for a few months now. I loved Civ 5, but I have been waiting for 6 to have more balances, updates, etc.

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #991 on: January 12, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
Civ VI is $12 with a subscription to humble monthly. You can cancel it immediately after redeeming the steam keys and just pay the one month (or cancel it in mid-Feb to get all the Feb games but also not pay for the next month). I’ve heard good enough things that I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Grog

• Bristles
« Reply #992 on: January 17, 2018, 08:53:46 AM »
Just picked up an used 3ds in excellent conditions, i find it cool that you can play both DS and 3ds games, the catalogue is immense and  you play almost for free. (Buying used cartridge for 10-15 bucks and resell them after playing the game). Very portable, immediate access and ideal on public transportation, or in the evening when kids are in bed. Very happy with this choice, with PC&steam  i just wasn't getting any game time and you cannot really resell digital titles.

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #993 on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:03 AM »
Caved and got the Switch and Zelda. Holy Smokes it's beautiful. Many, many, many hours will be played on this. I already know I missed a bunch of stuff on Tutorial Island (that's what I'm calling it) but I just wanted to get to the game itself. Now that I'm here, I don't even want to do any quests, I just want to run around.

I also 100% finding a good gamer (or a few) you like on Youtube and following them... feeds 90% of my gamer fix and all I "pay" is by watching an ad (I don't mind ads for small YouTube creators - I like supporting them that way).

A Definite Beta Guy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #994 on: January 17, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »
I bought CitiesXL about 2 years ago. Never actually played it, but just started it up.

Really digging it so far. Much better city simulator than Sim City, IMO. There are a lot more options for traffic flow.

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #995 on: January 17, 2018, 06:35:49 PM »
Just finished Wolfenstein: First Blood, which I picked up on sale from Steam just recently and really enjoyed it. There is even an easter egg where you get to play the original Wolfenstein 3D for a little while, which was a nice nostalgic kick back. I also played Wolfenstein II on PS4 beforehand, borrowed from my brother, which was also great.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:42 AM »
I have to confess I've been FIRE for a few months and have mostly been spending time playing Mount and Blade and now Skyrim.  I've got such a huge catalog of free and cheap games that I still want to play that I could be doing this for a while.

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #997 on: January 18, 2018, 11:49:26 AM »
I have to confess I've been FIRE for a few months and have mostly been spending time playing Mount and Blade and now Skyrim.  I've got such a huge catalog of free and cheap games that I still want to play that I could be doing this for a while.

I dream of a day I have the freedom to really get lost a game and be able to play, without it coming at the expense of sleep or neglecting other important areas of my life.  My latest play through of skyrim is slow going, although my character is finally about to where he wants to be, which makes me itch to play all the more.  He's got the black star, level 35 archer/assasin kahjit, and he's finally ready to start going around skyrim collecting what he really wants.  Human/Mer souls trapped in daedric weapons.    Astrid was the first and is now a fire enchantment on a daedric dagger aptly renamed to "Astrid" on a wall plaque in my house.  Next was Commander Maro turned into a paralyze enchantment on a daedric dagger also displayed on my wall.  Everyone that crosses him will end up as an enchanted daedric weapon on display or in a chest in his house, and they are starting to pile up.  The emperor is next, and he will need a fancy weapon to be trapped into.

Side note: There is a bug when you place identical items (except the custom name) into a container.  For example if you have multiple identical daggers, and put identical enchantments on them, and you rename each one a unique name when you enchant, when you put them into a container all will be renamed to only one of the unique names you've chosen.  I found that out when I ended up with  3 daggers named Astrid after dropping my loot off.

Kevin S.

• Stubble
« Reply #998 on: January 18, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »
been playing pubg...not completely consumed yet but it's a fun game. Going to a buddies house tonight with xbox in tow - 4 player team game multi screen madness ! should be exciting !

Rogue

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #999 on: January 18, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »

I dream of a day I have the freedom to really get lost a game and be able to play, without it coming at the expense of sleep or neglecting other important areas of my life.  My latest play through of skyrim is slow going, although my character is finally about to where he wants to be, which makes me itch to play all the more.  He's got the black star, level 35 archer/assasin kahjit, and he's finally ready to start going around skyrim collecting what he really wants.  Human/Mer souls trapped in daedric weapons.    Astrid was the first and is now a fire enchantment on a daedric dagger aptly renamed to "Astrid" on a wall plaque in my house.  Next was Commander Maro turned into a paralyze enchantment on a daedric dagger also displayed on my wall.  Everyone that crosses him will end up as an enchanted daedric weapon on display or in a chest in his house, and they are starting to pile up.  The emperor is next, and he will need a fancy weapon to be trapped into.

That's fantastic!

I often wonder what quirks/habits/collections people have when playing games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls. 

In Fallout 3, I collected Pre-War Money and dropped it one by one on my bed so that it was a massive pile of cash, while a friend of mine collected Nuka-Cola trucks and neatly filled the bookshelves with them.  In Oblivion, I mostly would just go to my house when my inventory was full and drop everything extra in the middle of the room because I had lost items in a chest once and figured I'd never get around to doing much with a million pieces of armor and weapons anyway - so treasure trove it was!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!