Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 84370 times)

minimalistgamer

• Stubble
  • Gamer and minimalist.
    • Minimalist Gamer
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #700 on: February 08, 2017, 05:19:11 AM »
I think I am going to start playing Battlefield 1 single player.

I also purchased Mad Max the other day for $4.99.
I paid off my mortgage! You can read the details here -
https://minimalistgamer.blogspot.com/2017/01/paid-off-our-mortgage.html

Feel free to ask any questions.

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #701 on: February 08, 2017, 10:07:53 AM »
Reading this thread also got me thinking....anyone like classic arcade games?

I was really into the MAME scene a while back.  It can REALLY eat up your time...but is an excellent hobby, especially if you build a cabinet, etc...

Check this out for starters :  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,10.0.html

arcadecontrols.com is a very active community of builders, etc...Impressive stuff!

As for myself, I built a monster cabinet a few years ago...it was a fun process. 

Lagom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #702 on: February 08, 2017, 10:15:56 AM »

I was really into the MAME scene a while back.  It can REALLY eat up your time...but is an excellent hobby, especially if you build a cabinet, etc...

Check this out for starters :  http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/board,10.0.html

arcadecontrols.com is a very active community of builders, etc...Impressive stuff!

As formyself, I built a monster cabinet a few years ago...it was a fun process.

Yeah man! I built a huge 4 player cabinet from scratch back in college. Had so much fun with that thing, it was a bummer to have to sell it when I moved. Been thinking about making another one for years now, but this time feeling a bartop project powered by a raspberry pi.

iowajes

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #703 on: February 08, 2017, 10:35:25 AM »
Well, this was a non-mustachian move... (unless I actually input dollar per hour of entertainment, then it isn't so bad.)

I just preordered 6 Nintendo Switch games.  Amazon gives you 20% off if you preorder; which is pretty significant savings.  The games will trickle out throughout the year, so we won't get them all at once.

The only problem: no one actually has the console available for preorder.  So no idea if I'll be able to get my hands on something to PLAY them with.

(Did decide because this will be a Nintendo year to not order the latest version of Civilization. Will get it next year or so after the price goes down. The price rarely goes down on big named Nintendo games.)

Miss Unleaded

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #704 on: February 08, 2017, 10:59:13 AM »
Really not mustachian but I play Eve Online. I don't have much time to play so I pay my sub with cash.

I also like Civilization, especially Civ IV: BTS.

Beyond that, I'm a fan of adventure games. I just don't have a lot of time for gaming much these days, sadly.

Grog

• Bristles
« Reply #705 on: February 08, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »
Point and click adventure game on my surface pro 4 fanless version the cheapest one with crappiest processor, extremely happy so easy to play beautiful point and click on the train during commute. They are not HW demanding so a fanless, cool and quiet surface does its job very well and I can play all the adventure from steam

Sent from my YD201 using Tapatalk

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #706 on: February 08, 2017, 01:29:06 PM »

As formyself, I built a monster cabinet a few years ago...it was a fun process.

Yeah man! I built a huge 4 player cabinet from scratch back in college. Had so much fun with that thing, it was a bummer to have to sell it when I moved. Been thinking about making another one for years now, but this time feeling a bartop project powered by a raspberry pi.

I hear you...I have no idea how i would ever move the thing...it is probably 250+ pounds!

Fred2004

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #707 on: February 08, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
Currently Gears of War 4 (I like horde, but the wall bouncing in vs. drives me nuts...I guess I'm getting old)

Doom 4 was great I thought.  Deadrising 3 was good but I didn't think it was as good as the 2nd because they changed the aim system.

Shadow of the Colossus was great, I never got into ICO, but the next game looks pretty good (for the next version PS4)

I want to get Mad Max just because I thought that movie was so good!

Difficult to fit gaming in w/ work, exercise, and the rest of life though :/

minimalistgamer

• Stubble
  • Gamer and minimalist.
    • Minimalist Gamer
« Reply #708 on: February 09, 2017, 05:49:51 AM »

I have the same problem, and I don't even have kids yet.

That said, I reserve weekends for games.

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #709 on: February 09, 2017, 08:16:24 AM »

I have kids, and am very busy, but still find a bit of time for games.

#1 - I play more during the winter.
  #2 - I often do not get enough sleep.

#2 is the key...late evenings are just about the only time I have to do anything related to hobbies, etc... It will be a bit better when kid #2 drives - somehow he talked me into driving him to school.  This gets me to work earlier, which is good, but I have to get up far too early!

Fred2004

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #710 on: February 09, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »

#2 is the key...late evenings are just about the only time I have to do anything related to hobbies, etc... It will be a bit better when kid #2 drives - somehow he talked me into driving him to school.  This gets me to work earlier, which is good, but I have to get up far too early!

yeah...#2 is about the only way I've found to fit some gaming in...single and no kids though.

Getting my MBA back in '09 I learned how much time is available outside of work to do other things! (that was a time suck)

Now it's 530am gym, then work, then date/go out and if I have no plans do some gaming...which is hard to do when get up is so early (and I live in FL so usually weather is nice unless it is raining...vs CA that just had climate!)

I love climbing but there is no gym or place to do that here :(...so I've fallen into some gaming.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:31:26 PM by Fred2004 »

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #711 on: February 09, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »

yeah...#2 is about the only way I've found to fit some gaming in...single and no kids though.

Getting my MBA back in '09 I learned how much time is available outside of work to do other things! (that was a time suck)

Now it's 530am gym, then work, then date/go out and if I have no plans do some gaming...which is hard to do when get up is so early (and I live in FL so usually weather is nice unless it is raining...vs CA that just had climate!)

I love climbing but there is no gym or place to do that here :(...so I've fallen into some gaming.

Ha! yeah about the highest place in Florida I have seen are the garbage dumps outside of Miami ( and I'm not joking..they are HUGE ).  Isn't one of them called Mount Trashmore or something?  I love visiting Florida though.  However, I have a hard time with the summers - that humidity is brutal.  It's all cool if I'm on the beach though.

Sorry for the lack of gaming content in this post.

Saskatchewstachian

• Stubble
« Reply #712 on: February 09, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
Just bought Witcher 3 with all the expansion packs! Kind of pricey but one of the best game's I've ever played.

About 24 hours of play time into it and I can see it easily climbing to a few hundred eventually so the cost/time isn't too bad. Like many here though I don't have much time for it, only Fri-Sun when I am home and there are so many other priorities when you are gone 5 days a week.

I think it will be my go-to game for quite a while.

Jappe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #713 on: February 10, 2017, 01:40:16 AM »
I'm back to modded minecraft (FTB and skyfactory) with some friends. Good fun but takes plenty of hours ^^

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #714 on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:21 AM »
Pokemon duel! I play about 45 min every day on the treadmill and I'm losing some extra pounds! Really excited about that combo :D
♥♡ Happiness is not the absence of problems, it’s the ability to deal with them.

zoltani

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #715 on: February 10, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
Just bought Witcher 3 with all the expansion packs! Kind of pricey but one of the best game's I've ever played.

About 24 hours of play time into it and I can see it easily climbing to a few hundred eventually so the cost/time isn't too bad. Like many here though I don't have much time for it, only Fri-Sun when I am home and there are so many other priorities when you are gone 5 days a week.

It is mind-blowing how expansive that game it. Be careful because it will definitely suck you in!
“The hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life. It’s so easy to make it complex. What’s important is leading an examined life.”

Yvon Chouinard

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #716 on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:12 PM »

It is mind-blowing how expansive that game it. Be careful because it will definitely suck you in!

I really liked the storytelling in Witcher 3.  And yes, the game world is huge...but to me it felt kind of 'empty' in places. 

In Skyrim I felt like there was a new thing to explore literally everywhere.  I didn't get that same feeling playing Witcher 3.

Of course, they are two completely different games...so probably not good to compare them in the first place...but everyone seems to anyway.

Fish Sweet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #717 on: February 10, 2017, 01:15:35 PM »
I am currently very slowly playing my way through Final Fantasy XV.  Slowly mostly because I want to stop to do every sidequest, spend hours fishing, cook every meal, find every campsite, eat every available thing to eat.... so yeah, it's taking me a while, haha.  It's a real problem because the food looks so great in this game.

Upcoming games I have on my docket:
- Code: Realize (an otome visual novel)
- The Last Guardian
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored 2

Hoping to either borrow most of those or buy steeply discounted during a sale though.

RWD

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #718 on: February 10, 2017, 01:25:26 PM »
I am currently very slowly playing my way through Final Fantasy XV.  Slowly mostly because I want to stop to do every sidequest, spend hours fishing, cook every meal, find every campsite, eat every available thing to eat.... so yeah, it's taking me a while, haha.  It's a real problem because the food looks so great in this game.

It's unfortunate they spent more time on the food/cooking than on the actual battle system...

Fish Sweet

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #719 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »

It's unfortunate they spent more time on the food/cooking than on the actual battle system...

Enh, the battle system isn't perfect but it looks cool as heck so I don't mind.  I usually don't go into FF games expecting anything particularly great when it comes to battle.

zoltani

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #720 on: February 10, 2017, 01:48:25 PM »

I really liked the storytelling in Witcher 3.  And yes, the game world is huge...but to me it felt kind of 'empty' in places. 

In Skyrim I felt like there was a new thing to explore literally everywhere.  I didn't get that same feeling playing Witcher 3.

Of course, they are two completely different games...so probably not good to compare them in the first place...but everyone seems to anyway.

I find that I can spend several hours alone just exploring the "undiscovered locations" in witcher 3. You will find some cool stuff like gear and potions along the way.
“The hardest thing in the world is to simplify your life. It’s so easy to make it complex. What’s important is leading an examined life.”

Yvon Chouinard

chesebert

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #721 on: February 10, 2017, 03:45:01 PM »
Should I play Witcher 3 or Dark Soul 3? I have very limited time dedicated to gaming and I want to get the most out of it.

I like a good story more than anything. I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 but have not played any Soul games.

minimalistgamer

• Stubble
  • Gamer and minimalist.
    • Minimalist Gamer
« Reply #722 on: February 11, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
Should I play Witcher 3 or Dark Soul 3? I have very limited time dedicated to gaming and I want to get the most out of it.

I like a good story more than anything. I played Witcher 1 and Witcher 2 but have not played any Soul games.

I have not played either, but from what I hear, Witcher 3 is a better game.

Cezilous

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #723 on: February 11, 2017, 08:45:01 AM »
I bought Rimworld on Monday or Tuesday.... I have 27 hours in already, and mind you, I work 40 hours/week, so..nothing got done this week.  So addicting.. Logging in right now.  Firefly whaaaaaat.  So much fun, and funny!

Ozstache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #724 on: February 11, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »
After giving up on Witcher 2 because it was getting a bit too monotonous, I embarked upon Witcher 3 (which I bought a while ago) this week with trepidation. Turns out this latest version is a lot more interesting for me , with a greater variety of quests and side quests and intricate communities in the towns and cities. The graphics are absolutely stunning and I find I can run my GTX 1060 at max graphics settings (including full hairworks) at 1080p with very smooth frame rates. I am so glad I didn't give up on this series!

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #725 on: February 12, 2017, 01:22:53 PM »

Witcher 3 is more enjoyable. The challenge of the Dark Souls series made me want to throw my controller
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge. We have a podcast! 

Vindicated

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #726 on: February 13, 2017, 08:39:31 AM »
I also have limited play time.  Maybe 5-10hrs a week.

Currently, I'm playing
 - Rocket League - ~70hrs - I suck, but my friends are super into it, and it's the best way to "hang out" since we live hours away these days.
 - Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - ~55hrs - Probably another 100+ to complete.
 - Dungeon of the Endless - Just bought on sale.  Only ~2hrs in.  Need to finish DD:DA first!

Recent Past:
 - Stellaris - ~100hrs - So much fun, but can get overwhelming if you're playing on a large galaxy.  Lost my first couple of tries, won my most recent.  Going to jump back into it in the future, as they are already releasing additional content.
 - Anarchy Online - ~200 DAYS (over 16 years) - MMOs are too much time commitment, but I find myself drawn back in every year or so.  Many characters from lowbie twinks to 220.

Upcoming:
 - Zelda: Breath of the Wild - I feel like I NEED the Nintendo Switch, and the new Zelda, but I haven't purchased a console since XBOX 360 back in 2005-2006.
 - VR? - Don't have the hardware yet.  Will wait until I can justify it and prices come down.  Lots of cool games coming out!
My MMM Journal: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/my-almost-perfect-life-experience/

"One thing alone is certain, that man's slavery grows and increases. Man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He begins to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man.” - G.I. Gurdjieff

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #727 on: February 13, 2017, 08:49:53 AM »
Anyone try the For Honor beta? I enjoyed it although I just can't justify paying $60 for this game. In my opinion, it's the type of game you play 2-4 weeks then get tired of. There's a 20% discount for Prime members although even $48 seems steep for what the game would be worth to me.

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #728 on: February 13, 2017, 01:31:55 PM »
I just saw this and thought I would pass it on...

humblebundle has a full charity bundle going on :  https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

They matched up to 300K...which they already reached. 

Pretty incredible deal for $30.  I saw stardew valley mentioned in a few posts here...and it is included in the bundle.  Might be a great time to nab it if you don't already have it.

SouthernTransplant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #729 on: February 13, 2017, 01:35:52 PM »
humblebundle has a full charity bundle going on :  https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

Just picked this up myself.  I was considering getting The Witness at $30 anyway, so getting another 40+ games/books AND supporting the ACLU is a no brainer!

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #730 on: February 13, 2017, 01:38:57 PM »

Just picked this up myself.  I was considering getting The Witness at $30 anyway, so getting another 40+ games/books AND supporting the ACLU is a no brainer!

I agree!  And amazingly, I already owned only 3 of the games on the list.  My steam library has over 1000 games now ( mostly due to bundles like this ).

sw1tch

• Stubble
« Reply #731 on: February 13, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »
Just thought I'd finally update with where I'm at.

I finally beat Mirror's Edge (PS3).  I literally had about 30 minutes left to play and just hadn't gotten back to it in about a year but now that's complete.

I'm working on going through my catalog of games that I never finished and getting them out of the way.  I have the following in my queue:
- Sly Cooper 3
- Ni No Kuni
- God of War
- Limbo

I literally don't need to buy games for a couple more years due to the extensive library that I've accumulated already (both bought and free pick-ups).
<|> My Strava <|>

Shaz_Au

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #732 on: February 13, 2017, 10:06:37 PM »
Mass Effect 2 is currently available free through EA's Origin platform (Go to Free Games/On the House).  I'm not a fan of Origin but login occasionally just to see what game is currently free.

I'm currently playing Fallout 4, EB Games (Australia) had an awesome sale just before Christmas where you got the base game and Season Pass for cheaper than you could buy just the season pass on Steam!

prognastat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #733 on: February 15, 2017, 07:57:38 AM »
I only play on consoles, I have most previous generations of consoles and only PS4 this generation so far, but probably more once the prices of the others drop.

I just started a second playthorugh of Bloodborne on PS4 to get the hard/true ending. It's definitely my favourite game on the PS4 and possibly of all time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 07:59:28 AM by prognastat »

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #734 on: February 15, 2017, 03:28:34 PM »
I ended up buying For Honor on Amazon (which comes with a 20% discount if you have Prime). Meh, I already know it's not a great game, but I really really want to play with my friends who all got it. :/

Vindicated

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #735 on: February 16, 2017, 06:28:08 AM »
I ended up buying For Honor on Amazon (which comes with a 20% discount if you have Prime). Meh, I already know it's not a great game, but I really really want to play with my friends who all got it. :/

I've got a coworker that's pretty into it, but he's been playing since Beta.  From what I can tell, it has a learning curve.  Perhaps you'll enjoy it more as you learn more combos and situational strategies.

I'll probably pass on it for a while.  Way too much when there are plenty of free games to play (Rocket League, League of Legends, Smite), and a lot of cheap games I've already purchased through Steam.  Let us know if you get more into it though.
My MMM Journal: https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/journals/my-almost-perfect-life-experience/

"One thing alone is certain, that man's slavery grows and increases. Man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He begins to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man.” - G.I. Gurdjieff

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #736 on: February 16, 2017, 07:43:25 AM »

I've got a coworker that's pretty into it, but he's been playing since Beta.  From what I can tell, it has a learning curve.  Perhaps you'll enjoy it more as you learn more combos and situational strategies.

I'll probably pass on it for a while.  Way too much when there are plenty of free games to play (Rocket League, League of Legends, Smite), and a lot of cheap games I've already purchased through Steam.  Let us know if you get more into it though.

The problem is that I'd be happy with simply continuing to play the Beta. The full game does not offer anything more. It has a weak campaign and the multiplayer modes are very limited (hack n slash).

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #737 on: February 16, 2017, 11:21:11 AM »
I got sucked into Stardew Valley again. You run around, you farm, you mine, you bop monsters on the head. It should NOT be this addicting!

Cezilous

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #738 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:36 AM »
I got sucked into Stardew Valley again. You run around, you farm, you mine, you bop monsters on the head. It should NOT be this addicting!

I love Stardew Valley!

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #739 on: February 16, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »

I love Stardew Valley!

I mentioned this above but is worth repeating...Stardew Valley is available as part of the Humble Freedom Bundle...an insanely good deal they are hosting for charity :

https://www.humblebundle.com/freedom

In fact, this bundle is approaching 5 million in donations!

meerkat

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #740 on: February 16, 2017, 11:47:12 AM »

I love Stardew Valley!

Does anyone have multiple games going? I have one that I'm pretty far into and I'm all of three in game days into a second game with the monsters. (I did this partly cause I was tired of mining but still wanted to play. Yep, just a little addicted.)
meer journal for a meerkat

Will this matter in ten years?

ptobeast

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #741 on: February 17, 2017, 10:32:51 AM »
I got the Humble Freedom Bundle! Last night I tried out Mini Metro, which was quick and fun. I also started playing Human Resource Machine - also fun, but I realized that staying up late playing a programming game, causing me to be sleep-deprived for my actual programming job, was not the best idea. Looking forward to finally playing Stardew Valley this weekend.

bender

• Bristles
« Reply #742 on: February 17, 2017, 11:16:35 AM »
I got a nes classic a couple of weeks ago.  Nostalgia factor is through the roof!  The controls, look and feel is pretty much identical to the real thing.  Looks great on big screen TVs as well.

I really enjoy playing the games I loved when I was a kid.  My kids are having fun with these games too!  Some of the games are ridiculously hard and punish you for every mis-step, but the console lets you flash save anytime with press of a button, so you can avoid the repetitive fail/re-attempt if you like.

So far I've beat Zelda 2 and Bionic Commando.  Maybe Metal Gear is next.

They are still very hard to find - I got one using brickseeker.  If you're hunting for one, check these links very early morning and you may have luck.  I wouldn't pay the scalped prices for these.
http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=54043501
http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-29-0180

It's incredibly easy to mod this to add games.  No hardware mods needed, just software changes via PC.  This little console can be modded to add any or all games, even games from other consoles (SNES, N64, GBA, etc).
https://www.reddit.com/r/nesclassicmods/
NOTE - you should own a legal copy of the games you load on it.

Also I picked up an extra 3rd party wired controller and long extension cables on Ebay super cheap and work great.

coin

• Stubble
« Reply #743 on: February 18, 2017, 08:43:06 PM »

Upcoming games I have on my docket:
- Code: Realize (an otome visual novel)
- The Last Guardian
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
- Dishonored 2

Hoping to either borrow most of those or buy steeply discounted during a sale though.

I beat FFXV during the Christmas holidays, and since my secret santa gave me playstation credit I got the season pass.  So I've been playing the Choco-Moogle carnival.  Some of the sidequests were kinda dumb, but it's a nice distraction.

That said, I was annoyed that I accidentally activated a bug so now I can't complete one of the hunts.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #744 on: February 20, 2017, 12:36:08 PM »
I ordered For Honor and have since not opened it. I have almost zero desire to play! I think I'm going to return it. It's just not worth $60 for me.

Has anyone looked into Horizon Zero Dawn? It's supposedly one of the best PS4 exclusives to date.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 12:38:11 PM by Cwadda »

farmecologist

• Stubble
« Reply #745 on: February 20, 2017, 12:56:39 PM »
I ordered For Honor and have since not opened it. I have almost zero desire to play! I think I'm going to return it. It's just not worth $60 for me.

Has anyone looked into Horizon Zero Dawn? It's supposedly one of the best PS4 exclusives to date.

I'm very interested in Zero Dawn...looks like a great open-world game.

I know i'ts a very old game but I finally starting playing the GTAV single player 'story mode' now that I have a competent PC.  Looks amazing on my GTX 1070!

jmwagner5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #746 on: February 20, 2017, 01:39:30 PM »
I have had my Xbox unplugged for the past two months but I am eagerly awaiting Mass Effect: Andromeda in March.  Pre-ordered through Amazon so it was cheaper and used Christmas Gift Cards to get it for a whopping $3 after tax.  Always loved the ME universe and I'm looking forward to a new journey in the new galaxy.

Also have to give huge shout outs to Civ III and IV, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires II for helping me play through hours and hours of history in my teens.  And CoD Zombies was a great way to spend college nights with friends.  And Final Fantasy X was another favorite on the PS2.  Recently repurchased it on Steam and love dueling the hybrid creations in the Calm Lands arena. 

MoneyMage

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #747 on: February 20, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
I typically play one video game at a time for months or years and haven't played any MMOs with subscriptions since having kids. I like games I can quickly start and stop or play in spurts after the kids are in bed... like League of Legends and Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

Right now I'm playing Overwatch; I started playing it at release and haven't played anything else since! I mostly queue up for either competitive (Platinum level) or Mystery Heroes (I like the randomness) and sometimes All Brawls. My current go-to competitive characters are Lucio, Zarya, and Ana.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #748 on: February 21, 2017, 08:07:44 AM »
I typically play one video game at a time for months or years and haven't played any MMOs with subscriptions since having kids. I like games I can quickly start and stop or play in spurts after the kids are in bed... like League of Legends and Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm.

Right now I'm playing Overwatch; I started playing it at release and haven't played anything else since! I mostly queue up for either competitive (Platinum level) or Mystery Heroes (I like the randomness) and sometimes All Brawls. My current go-to competitive characters are Lucio, Zarya, and Ana.

Overwatch is great. Have also been playing since its release. Unfortunately I play on PS4 and on the console some characters are obsolete because the difficulty of aiming. Like for Ana on the PC, you just click on people. On console it's much more difficult. Lucio and Mercy are much better.

secondcor521

• Pencil Stache
  • Big cattle, no hat.
    • Age of Eon - Overwatch player videos
« Reply #749 on: February 21, 2017, 08:36:58 AM »
If anyone wants coaching (or boosting) on Overwatch, my son is US Top 500 in Seasons 2 and 3.  Last season he mained Tracer.  This season it looks like he mostly plays Soldier:76. 

PM me for details.

Mods, feel free to delete if this seems too commercial.
Like Overwatch?  Check out this YouTube channel:  http://bit.ly/AgeOfEon