Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 780883 times)

JLee

• Walrus Stache
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2016, 03:37:24 PM »
I found one of these semi-locally for $275...($375 + $190 freight new). It's likely far from mustachian, but man am I tempted. Racing and flight/space sims are much better with appropriate controls and seating!

Too bad I didn't find it before I bought a desk and chair, because it'd have been about the same cost. :(

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #301 on: April 26, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »
Anyone play Dark Souls II or III?  Are they just as ridiculously hard as the original Dark Souls?

That was one game where I truly had moments where I want to throw the controller through the tv and yet when finally accomplishing something it was sooo satisfying.  I just don't know if I want to put myself through the pain again lol.

I played 2 on PS3. I had never played any of the other games. I enjoyed it but I was so terrible at it. I did have those alright  moments with lots of "there goes 30 mins of my life..."

Anyone play the Fallout 4 DLC?

josstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2016, 12:32:47 AM »
I found one of these semi-locally for $275...($375 + $190 freight new). It's likely far from mustachian, but man am I tempted. Racing and flight/space sims are much better with appropriate controls and seating!

Too bad I didn't find it before I bought a desk and chair, because it'd have been about the same cost. :(

Something like this would be pretty awesome with the right VR game (although you obviously wouldn't need the monitors).

Lagom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2016, 01:43:07 PM »
About 15 hours into Stardew Valley now and I think it's great for gamers with busy lives! Lots of fun, always something to do to feel like you're making progress, but not too "grindy" (except fishing can sometimes feel that way). Each "day" takes maybe 15-20 minutes to play, so it's perfect for short sessions. I could see this easily being a ~60 hour game just for one playthrough. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys the Harvest Moon genre and only $15 at full price.

mmuhlenkamp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #304 on: April 27, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »
About 15 hours into Stardew Valley now and I think it's great for gamers with busy lives! Lots of fun, always something to do to feel like you're making progress, but not too "grindy" (except fishing can sometimes feel that way). Each "day" takes maybe 15-20 minutes to play, so it's perfect for short sessions. I could see this easily being a ~60 hour game just for one playthrough. Highly recommended to anyone who enjoys the Harvest Moon genre and only $15 at full price.

I was just about to recommend this game, it's very relaxing and I'm starting to unlock some of the stories by befriending the towns people enough (basically giving them a bunch of gifts). It's nice to have a game that's just about exploring and not kiling/getting killed all the time (though those are fun too).

Also, it's one guy who designed the whole game! I find that pretty bad ass.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #305 on: April 28, 2016, 09:18:51 AM »

Something like this would be pretty awesome with the right VR game (although you obviously wouldn't need the monitors).

It really would be.  Hopefully VR will go down in price and up in popularity in the next couple of years.

deadlymonkey

• Bristles
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2016, 07:49:57 AM »
I'm playing Battlefleet Gothic: Armada.  Surprisingly good space combat with good depth and strategy.  Has done well above expectations so they are rolling out lots of updates and expansions.

Jappe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
Lately I've been playing mostly:
- Heroes of the Storm
- World of Warships (like World of tanks but then with ships)
- League of Legends (only with friends)
- Dungeon defender 2

On hold but will return: Lotro, heartstone. Also looking for a decent singleplayer to play, but might just reinstall something old and enjoyable.
And occasionally I browse the free games on steam, install one and try it out. Have had enjoyable hours on them. Sometimes it's uninstall after one hour as well.

My PC is from 2008, created a monster then, still runs a lot of games on low/medium. Only problem is that the 4870x2 does not support directx11 and lately most games require at least that.
Now waiting for the release of the new nvidea & amd cards in the coming months so the current cards drop in price to build an entire new rig.

No console save for sega master system 2 (8bit). Very enjoyable but really old ^^

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:13 PM »
Been Playing Divinity Original Sin on PS4. If you like Baldur's Gate/Dungeon Siege I recommend it

BattlaP

• Stubble
« Reply #309 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:56 AM »
Oh gosh I want a Vive.

My mustache muscles are telling me, however, that replacing my top-notch iMac with a new top-tier PC just so I can have the privilege of spending a further $1300 on the Vive is the pinnacle of absurdity.

I'll have to hold off on being an early adopter of this tech.

But if anyone swings the other way.. I totally wouldn't blame you. Just wow.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2016, 01:53:19 PM »
My friend spotted this the other day and I had to go see it for myself...

lol love it

Samsam

• Bristles
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2016, 02:51:30 PM »
May have just started fallout 4.... a couple weeks before my wife is due...not a good idea.  I'm hooked now.  Oh please kid sleep well.

EricNYC

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • My blog -- software engineering and various thoughts on life
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2016, 01:39:27 AM »
Anyone play Dark Souls II or III?  Are they just as ridiculously hard as the original Dark Souls?

That was one game where I truly had moments where I want to throw the controller through the tv and yet when finally accomplishing something it was sooo satisfying.  I just don't know if I want to put myself through the pain again lol.

Oh, I love the Souls games. I've largely fallen out of gaming, but they bring back all the gaming enthusiasm I had when I was 10. I did all sorts of crazy challenges with them. No leveling up, no shield, magic only, punching only, miracles only...

II and III are both fun games, but I like the original best. II feels a lot more accessible in a good way, but there were some areas that just felt unfair-hard, rather than just super demanding hard like DS1. There would be a ton of enemies in one area, all totally unavoidable, and each of them is just like the random Hollow grunts in 1 who can tear a fully geared up character apart if you let your guard down. Still was a blast though. I got a good way through on my "punching only" character -- it was actually pretty viable. Made him look like Andrew W.K. too for laughs.

III is really cool so far, it seems like a "best of both worlds" thing, but my computer is a little too old to run it smoothly, and I would rather not shell out for system upgrades.

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
    • My Necronomicon of Badassity
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2016, 09:23:21 AM »
Keep trying to pick up Skyrim (which is a genre I used to love) and can't seem to get into it.
Talk about a game that's good value for money.. I played the hell out of it a couple of years ago. No more time for it now though with two small children. Ah well..

At least I get to reminisce during work by listening to Skyrim soundscapes, excellent way to cancel out the office noise.

I tried to get into Skyrim again too--I was totally in the zone playing that the year after it first came out.  But it's the insanely lengthy load screens I have a hard time with now.  It sort of screws up the fantasy.  Like you go into jarl's and you have to wait a long time for it to load, once in there you realize you hit up the wrong house, then you have to exit and wait another long time to get out.  But there are so many locations in that game where I'd pause, look at the surroundings and background and just think, "Oh, my God--this is beautiful!  These programmers are geniuses."

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
Hopefully this hasn't been already discussed in this thread, but does anybody have one of these things?

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Flashback-Classic-Game-Console-2600/dp/B0111WVWHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463153372&sr=8-1&keywords=Atari+Flashback+6

They look like they'd be a lot of fun for when friends come over.  The US price is decent, but in Canada they're about $75.  :/

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »
Anyone know of any good deals happening for the PS4? I've been thinking of getting one so I can game with my friends who I won't be around anymore. Also, Uncharted 4 just dropped and I was a big fan of Uncharted 3. Anyone get that yet?

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2016, 10:11:23 AM »
Hopefully this hasn't been already discussed in this thread, but does anybody have one of these things?

http://www.amazon.com/Atari-Flashback-Classic-Game-Console-2600/dp/B0111WVWHA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1463153372&sr=8-1&keywords=Atari+Flashback+6

They look like they'd be a lot of fun for when friends come over.  The US price is decent, but in Canada they're about $75.  :/

I have an Atari Flashback. I forget which version, probably 2 since mine has wired controllers and includes Pitfall! and River Raid (which as far as I can tell from Wikipedia were removed in 2+ and haven't been added back since). It feels cheap and overall was a pretty big letdown.

My biggest complaints are lack of games and the controllers. The lack of games (40 on my version) looks to have been improved with the newer version (100 games). But if there is no River Raid I'm not interested. Based on the review comments it doesn't sound like the controllers have improved. With mine the feel is terrible and they are very sensitive. Because the controls are actually digital (on/off) and not analog the joystick only makes it harder to make your desired inputs. The form factor is also hard to hold. In the game River Raid you have to navigate tight corridors where if you touch the sides you die. You often need to slow down in these sections due to timing to slip by enemies or just for more control. In order to slow down you have to pull back (down) on the joystick. It is incredibly hard to pull exactly back and not accidentally move left or right at the same time because of the controller sensitivity. This makes the game essentially unplayable.

My family owned an Atari 7800 when I was growing up. Part of the reason I was so disappointed with the game selection in the Flashback 2 was it only included 2600 games so a lot of my childhood was missing (and most the 2600 games were pretty underwhelming). The controller for the 7800 was awesome (or at least that's how I remember it). It's designed well where you can hold the base and reach the buttons easily with one hand while controlling the joystick with the other.

Kaspian

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2016, 10:15:33 AM »
Bah, how annoying is that?!  There should at least be a controller sensitivity option somewhere in the system settings.  :(

Yeah, the controllers for those games weren't as sensitive as modern ones but you had to be WAY more precise with the actual games.

It looks like they're making a nostalgia console for the masses but not properly aiming it at the people who would enjoy it (and used the old one) the most--the gamers!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:20:00 AM by Kaspian »

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
Anyone know of any good deals happening for the PS4? I've been thinking of getting one so I can game with my friends who I won't be around anymore. Also, Uncharted 4 just dropped and I was a big fan of Uncharted 3. Anyone get that yet?

Sign up for the AMEX SPG card, get the bonus points, convert them to Amazon gift cards. Not the most efficient use of points but..

SouthernTransplant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2016, 11:41:56 AM »

Craigslist is your best bet for cheap, but if you want new, eBay's deal of the day today has the PS4 + Uncharted Collection + Uncharted 4 for $350, with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-4-Uncharted-Nathan-Drake-500GB-Bundle-Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-/381624331180?customid=d4558820193111e6943e42e93818725f0INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&hash=item58da952bac%3Ag%3AG4oAAOSwRH5XK9So&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2016, 10:38:01 PM »
Been playing some Uncharted 4. Its amazing

coin

• Stubble
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2016, 09:29:53 AM »
Beat FFVI the other night with my partner.  I usually don't finish most video games, I give up or get too embroiled in the sidequests to concern myself with the details.  My partner insisted I finish, though.  It was pretty good, I can see why it's his favourite.

I can't wait to play it... on my brother's PS4.  I've played the previous three, though I usually give up before finishing the storyline.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2016, 11:46:56 AM »

Craigslist is your best bet for cheap, but if you want new, eBay's deal of the day today has the PS4 + Uncharted Collection + Uncharted 4 for $350, with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PlayStation-4-Uncharted-Nathan-Drake-500GB-Bundle-Uncharted-4-A-Thiefs-End-/381624331180?customid=d4558820193111e6943e42e93818725f0INT&pub=5574652453&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999&icep_id=117&ipn=icep&hash=item58da952bac%3Ag%3AG4oAAOSwRH5XK9So&afepn=5335869999&rmvSB=true

Thanks! I took this offer.

SaskyStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #323 on: May 21, 2016, 07:31:06 AM »
Been periodically playing The Long Dark. It's been fun watching it change and add new content.

Also, kind of looking forward to No Man's Sky. I'm a fan of these exploration type games and this one seems pretty immense/ambitious http://www.no-mans-sky.com/. Anyone else planning to get this when it comes out?

CintranGhola

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #324 on: May 21, 2016, 12:01:24 PM »
Been playing a loooot of Civ V, along with Hearthstone.  I have a huge backlog in my Steam library but with the weather so nice it's been hard to get motivated to start a new game.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #325 on: May 21, 2016, 01:43:06 PM »
Been playing a loooot of Civ V, along with Hearthstone.  I have a huge backlog in my Steam library but with the weather so nice it's been hard to get motivated to start a new game.

Heh, starting isn't my problem, finishing is.

Started Banner Saga II... Brutal. My strategy abilities are meager. I'm only about an hour in.

I out part way in to Final Fantasy Tactics A2. It's OK but quite slow.

Mostly playing FF Record Keeper.

MrStash2000

• Stubble
« Reply #326 on: May 22, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
I see a lot of Civ V fans here. That is one of my favorites.

Y'all might like Tropico 5. It's like a city / nation builder. Not up to Civ level but pretty good.

CintranGhola

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #327 on: May 22, 2016, 06:26:22 PM »
Tropico 5. It's like a city / nation builder. Not up to Civ level but pretty good.

I've seen this for pretty cheap during Steam sales so I'll pick it up during the next sale.  It'll be a good to have another similar game while I wait for Civ VI :D

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #328 on: May 22, 2016, 06:57:04 PM »
I fired up World of Warcraft again after a 5 year hiatus.  Leveled a druid tank from 1 to 100, got the legendary ring quest done, and made enough gold that I bought 4 months of game time tokens in game.   A bit bored with it now but will play the expansion August 30.

Still looking for that perfect large scale sandbox MMP....a minecraft world with good graphics, dungeons, and pvp.  Maybe one day...

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2016, 07:46:30 PM »
I fired up World of Warcraft again after a 5 year hiatus.  Leveled a druid tank from 1 to 100, got the legendary ring quest done, and made enough gold that I bought 4 months of game time tokens in game.   A bit bored with it now but will play the expansion August 30.

Still looking for that perfect large scale sandbox MMP....a minecraft world with good graphics, dungeons, and pvp.  Maybe one day...

Ha, good old WoW. When they changed the talent system it killed the game for me. I usually try the free week when an expansion comes out, but I thought MoP was really really bad. Oh well.

onecoolcat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2016, 09:50:15 PM »
Beat FFVI the other night with my partner.  I usually don't finish most video games, I give up or get too embroiled in the sidequests to concern myself with the details.  My partner insisted I finish, though.  It was pretty good, I can see why it's his favourite.

I can't wait to play it... on my brother's PS4.  I've played the previous three, though I usually give up before finishing the storyline.

This is what I've just started.  Did you play the Playstation version of the SNES FF3 version?

PAstash

• Stubble
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2016, 10:03:00 PM »
hey dude! yea I've played FO4 along with the rest of them I've been a gamer for nearly 25 years. If you can think of a game I've most likely played it. Right now I have been going back and forth with paying for Dark Souls 3. I just can't justify the cost even tho I make enough to cover it when i'll be able to buy it +xpacs in a year in a half for half the price =) Mustachian problems you know?

Other then that I am in rapt anticipation for "No Mans Sky". I am a very strict PC gamer these days. With modding communities you just get so much back for your buck. since I discovered MMM I've been what I call a "Year late gamer" it's where I took one year off of video games focused on saving money working ect... Then when my year was up I picked up all the games that I wanted to play the previous year at a fraction of the price. Every 3-5 years I will do this again. It can save you tons.

Let me know what ya think....

coin

• Stubble
« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2016, 10:36:19 PM »

This is what I've just started.  Did you play the Playstation version of the SNES FF3 version?

I played the PlayStation Classic version on PS3. As far as impulse buys go, it was a pretty good one!

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #333 on: May 23, 2016, 10:19:42 PM »
Is anyone getting Overwatch? Looks interesting to me.

l2jperry

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #334 on: May 24, 2016, 05:14:55 AM »
Only PC...

1. Age of Empires (almost always this lately.) I play on Steam multiplayer with my brother as a partner.
2. Civil War Generals 2
3. Civ 5
4. Total War Franchise

Jappe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #335 on: May 24, 2016, 07:09:53 AM »
...since I discovered MMM I've been what I call a "Year late gamer" it's where I took one year off of video games focused on saving money working ect... Then when my year was up I picked up all the games that I wanted to play the previous year at a fraction of the price. Every 3-5 years I will do this again. It can save you tons.

Let me know what ya think....

That reminded me of this: https://xkcd.com/606/ :-D
It's not a bad idea though, usually waiting for an initial hype to be over can save you a lot of money. Just have to make sure if you pick it up later, you don't arrive on empty servers or with such skilled players who have been playing for over a year that you are so much behind it ruins the gaming experience.

I played the beta, and while it's a lot of fun, it has a very Team fortress 2 feel to it. With the cart pushing, some champs feel very similar as well. Overwatch is a bit bigger though as you have more heroes all with their unique skillset, while this is a lot more basic in TF2. Personally I found 40€ just too much to pick it up.
If it's ever on sale I might, but blizzard isn't quick on devaluing games. Till then I might play a couple of TF2 rounds again :-)

PAstash

• Stubble
« Reply #336 on: May 24, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »
My friend spotted this the other day and I had to go see it for myself...

OMG THIS RIGHT HERE THIS!!!!

PAstash

• Stubble
« Reply #337 on: May 24, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »
Your quote....

Who is Voltaerie? that quote is a very accurate description of my day to day life.

PAstash

• Stubble
« Reply #338 on: May 24, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »
I find the newer Bethesda games to be extremely repetitive. Especially Skyrim and Fallout 4. Oblivion a bit less so. Morrowind was and is, IMO, the best Bethesda game by a long shot (except for the now dated graphics).

All of the quests in Skyrim and Fallout 4 can be summarized as such:

Kill
Loot
Return

This is a great tragedy! They spend so much time working on the graphics and the world that they sorta went "meh" and just did generic (radiant) quests and passable storylines. Can't wait for the Morro'Bliv'rim mod/remake!

Talking about the steam sale, I recently picked up Dark Souls 2 ... for the PC. Wow, I have yet to find a game with worse controls. It was so bad, I actually requested a refund after 40 minutes of painful key rebinding...

I also picked up Empire at War (star wars 4x type game) for 5$ and highly recommend it. The vanilla game is "meh" but the mods are where the fun is at!

Also, working my way through Fallout 4, but I am starting to get bored of the repetitititittitititititiveness. I want to plow through for the story but I am finding less and less time to play it. Plus, Garvey keeps sending me on these long treks to save settlers from raiders or ghouls....

On the odd day that I want to play a Moba, I play Heroes of the Storm from Blizzard. It's pretty fun.

get a xbox controller for DS2 it makes it 1000% better.

runningthroughFIRE

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Bristles
  • As heavy as it needs to be to make you stronger
« Reply #339 on: May 25, 2016, 07:36:44 AM »

I played the beta, and while it's a lot of fun, it has a very Team fortress 2 feel to it. With the cart pushing, some champs feel very similar as well. Overwatch is a bit bigger though as you have more heroes all with their unique skillset, while this is a lot more basic in TF2. Personally I found 40€ just too much to pick it up.
If it's ever on sale I might, but blizzard isn't quick on devaluing games. Till then I might play a couple of TF2 rounds again :-)
I bit the bullet and paid full price for it just yesterday.  I played the beta for a short time and it was pretty fun, but I was playing with a full team of IRL friends last night and had a blast.  I looked down at the clock and suddenly noticed that it was an hour past when I like to go to bed, so it can be a little dangerous in that regard.  I haven't put enough time in to say whether or not it was really worth full price yet, but if/when it goes on sale I'd certainly recommend it.

Philociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Eat. Sleep. Invest. Repeat.
« Reply #340 on: May 25, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »

I bit the bullet and paid full price for it just yesterday.  I played the beta for a short time and it was pretty fun, but I was playing with a full team of IRL friends last night and had a blast.  I looked down at the clock and suddenly noticed that it was an hour past when I like to go to bed, so it can be a little dangerous in that regard.  I haven't put enough time in to say whether or not it was really worth full price yet, but if/when it goes on sale I'd certainly recommend it.

I really want to get it! Played a bit of the beta with my big brother and had a blast. But unfortunately, work + Crossfit + marriage = I can only play when I get the occasional hour on Saturday or Sunday when I wake up earlier than my wife. And that means I miss waking her up. Video games were a huge part of my life up until we moved in together. Since then it's just a rare hobby =(

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #341 on: May 25, 2016, 09:45:28 AM »
Played Overwatch yesterday for the first time and it was super fun. Will probably be picking up a copy.

SouthernTransplant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #342 on: May 25, 2016, 11:18:07 AM »
Played Overwatch yesterday for the first time and it was super fun. Will probably be picking up a copy.

I also picked up Overwatch, and have really enjoyed it so far!  I'm not even a big fan of shooters, but Blizzard just has a knack for taking a genre and making it super approachable.  Amazon had Overwatch at $48 for Prime members, but I believe they opened that price up to others as well recently.

Lis

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #343 on: May 25, 2016, 02:57:43 PM »

I was just about to recommend this game, it's very relaxing and I'm starting to unlock some of the stories by befriending the towns people enough (basically giving them a bunch of gifts). It's nice to have a game that's just about exploring and not kiling/getting killed all the time (though those are fun too).

Also, it's one guy who designed the whole game! I find that pretty bad ass.

This game kills me. When I first got it, I think I spent 70+ hours on it in a little over a week. To be fair, I have a tendency to leave it open for a while and walk away (since you can only save at the end of the day), and I was home sick for a day or two and couldn't do much more than crawl over to my desk chair and sit there like a lump. Then I just stopped. I picked it back up the other day and had a hard time getting back into it.

My friend is obsessed with Banner Saga. I really want to try it but I'm waiting for it to go on sale.

Curbside Prophet

• Stubble
« Reply #344 on: May 25, 2016, 03:01:18 PM »
Just bought Fallout 4 from Newegg for $25 plus free 2-day shipping with ShopRunner (free if you have an AMEX card).  I got the PS4 version but I think PC & Xbox are also the same price.  Promo code is EMCEJGF32

I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game.  I try to stay around $30ish per game give or take $5.

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
I can only play when I get the occasional hour on Saturday or Sunday when I wake up earlier than my wife. And that means I miss waking her up. Video games were a huge part of my life up until we moved in together. Since then it's just a rare hobby =(

Same here :/

Philociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Eat. Sleep. Invest. Repeat.
« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2016, 09:34:47 AM »
I can only play when I get the occasional hour on Saturday or Sunday when I wake up earlier than my wife. And that means I miss waking her up. Video games were a huge part of my life up until we moved in together. Since then it's just a rare hobby =(

Same here :/

Condolence fist bump?

Roboturner

• Pencil Stache
  • No Snacks, Just Math
« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2016, 09:42:44 AM »

Yankuba

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2016, 02:23:29 PM »
If you're a Baldur's Gate fan, check out Pillars of Eternity that came out recently. It's pretty much the same thing with better graphics, a great story line, and good mechanics. I loved it.

+1

It was pretty good but magic was better in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #349 on: May 27, 2016, 08:13:23 AM »
If you're a Baldur's Gate fan, check out Pillars of Eternity that came out recently. It's pretty much the same thing with better graphics, a great story line, and good mechanics. I loved it.

+1

It was pretty good but magic was better in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale

I got a certain way into it. Liked it. Then got distracted/in to something else. Same with... Divinity Original Sin.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!