Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 781482 times)

ministashy

• Stubble
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #1650 on: December 14, 2020, 06:04:53 AM »
Just finished Aer, and enjoyed it quite a bit (though the ending was a bit underwhelming).  Am looking forward to playing Journey and Abzu (got all three for half or more off during Cyber Monday sales), and would recommend anyone looking for calm, beautiful games to de-stress with. 

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #1651 on: December 14, 2020, 07:15:23 AM »
I finally picked up RDR2 and while I am confident I'm going to lose interest as it bloats into the open world rinse and repeat mission formula, I really enjoyed the first few hours.

farmecologist

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1652 on: December 14, 2020, 10:19:20 AM »
Anyone into 'retro gaming'?  I have gotten into the scene in a big way and love it.  If interested, look up 'LaunchBox'....which is one of the more popular front ends. 

I'm currently in the process of redoing the innards of my arcade cabinet using 'LaunchBox'.   Fun project!

frugalnacho

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1653 on: December 17, 2020, 11:50:28 AM »
Epic is giving away more free games.  A new game each day from Dec 17 - Dec 31.  They didn't announce a list so I guess you just have to wait and see each today.  Today's free game is Cities Skylines.  I just set a reminder on my phone to pop in and claim my free game each day.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/cities-skylines/home

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1654 on: December 17, 2020, 01:22:59 PM »
Star Wars Squadrons (PC with HOTAS setup).  It's like my adult dream game come true. I spent countless hours playing the 90's originals as a kid.  It is really really fun!

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1655 on: December 17, 2020, 02:15:04 PM »
Star Wars Squadrons (PC with HOTAS setup).  It's like my adult dream game come true. I spent countless hours playing the 90's originals as a kid.  It is really really fun!

Ahh that reminds me, I have Squadrons and just set up my HOTAS for Elite - I'll have to try it out!

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1656 on: December 18, 2020, 04:04:12 AM »
One of my all time favorites is Tie Fighter. I was lucky at that one. At the end of the first mission I didn't know the key to warp out. So when a minute later the "secret" mission started, I was still there. One of the biggest relevations in my life.
Also the best "you are just one pilot in a big battle" feelings ever.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1657 on: December 18, 2020, 05:46:14 AM »
Squadrons' campaign is pretty good, but not spectacular.  It does prep you for online play where the game shines, IMO.  Pro tip: learn how to drift, and make drifting almost second nature as you're playing.  Fleet Battles mode is just about perfect (they also just added the B-wing and TIE Defender).  The devs have been very responsive and fixed some annoying balance issues early on (TIE Bomber spam used to be basically unstoppable, now it feels fair).

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #1658 on: December 20, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »
Flip Flop Pinball (Bally 1976)...

Oh wait- wrong thread. ;)

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1659 on: December 21, 2020, 11:46:34 AM »
Cold Steel IV released yesterday and I got my limited edition. Super excited!
I finished getting the platinum trophy yesterday. Overall I have to say I was disappointed with the game. The gameplay itself is good and I liked having a lot of callbacks to the previous games/characters. However I did not like the way they ended this story arc and there was way too much filler which dragged out the playtime. As a whole the Cold Steel games lost a lot of what made the previous Kiseki games unique and interesting. Music has gone a bit downhill as well, which is unfortunate because that has historically been one of Falcom's strong points.

On a more positive Falcom note I started playing Zwei II which I've really been enjoying.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #1660 on: December 21, 2020, 09:33:49 PM »
Shadow of the Colossus: I hate this game. I hate the main character. I hate the horse (actually cheered when he fell off a cliff). And I especially hate the colossi. Nice graphics. 2/10.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1661 on: December 21, 2020, 09:36:19 PM »
Picked up Nioh during a sale on Steam a while ago and have been having some fun (and frustration) with it.  Haven't had a Playstation since the 2, since it's nice to have the chance to play it.  Also started a bit on some of the free games that Epic has been handing out. 

On the Xbox side, I am playing Cyberpunk 2077.  Unfortunately, even though I picked up enough discounted gift cards to buy the new Xbox, scalpers and bots have had their way thus far, so I'm stuck on the old system.  The complaints about the game on the last-gen systems are legit, but there's definitely a good game hiding behind the grainy graphics, rampant bugs, and jerky animations.  It'll be much better whenever I can actually buy the Series X.  Another restock yesterday was handily snatched up, but the resale values took a big hit, so hopefully it won't be much longer before it's not profitable to keep flipping.

Vashy

• Bristles
« Reply #1662 on: December 22, 2020, 06:56:09 AM »
On the Xbox side, I am playing Cyberpunk 2077.  Unfortunately, even though I picked up enough discounted gift cards to buy the new Xbox, scalpers and bots have had their way thus far, so I'm stuck on the old system.  The complaints about the game on the last-gen systems are legit, but there's definitely a good game hiding behind the grainy graphics, rampant bugs, and jerky animations.  It'll be much better whenever I can actually buy the Series X.  Another restock yesterday was handily snatched up, but the resale values took a big hit, so hopefully it won't be much longer before it's not profitable to keep flipping.

Very much the same here - our old-gen Xbox runs it, but it sometimes freezes and there are glitches. Though possibly the best/immersive game I've played in years.

NorthernBlitz

• Bristles
« Reply #1663 on: December 22, 2020, 07:20:19 AM »
Bioware dropped new trailers for Mass Effect and Dragon Age sequels. Both look really good, but they're in "early production" so who knows when they'll get here or how good they'll be when they arrive.

I hope they're good, but the leads for both projects recently left.

I think Bioware is no where near the same company they were when those game franchises started.

What I've been playing recently:
1) I tried to get back into Red Dead 2, but I just didn't get hooked. I'm sure I'll get back into it eventually, but wasn't into it now. I think leaving and coming back in isn't great because it takes a while to remember the control scheme (PS4).

2) Speaking of Bioware, I just downloaded Star Wars: The Old Republic onto the computer I built a month or two agp (sometime during lock down anyway). I was playing this 7+ years ago, but it seems like it's more accessible for free to players now. Characters level up faster and only have to do story quests. So it's an old Bioware game set in the Old Republic (duh) with 8 story arcs (4 archetypal classes on both light and dark side) and each story arc has multiple companions. And it's free. I got about 1/3 of the way through the Jedi night when I was playing long long ago (and actually in a different country so far far away too). But, I started this playthrough with an imperial agent (kind of James Bond in space). Fun so far. Will probably play through this one and decide if I want to do the other 7. I guess there are 2 expansion story lines that are free too. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Dogastrophe

• Bristles
« Reply #1664 on: December 22, 2020, 01:31:23 PM »
I've just reactivated my WoW account after a 5 year hiatus (I started in 2009 and would play for a few months each winter. After reactivation I saw that my last login was 5 years ago). I'm a very casual player and prefer solo levelling to dungeons and end game content. Everything is different and weird. :)

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1665 on: December 22, 2020, 03:42:31 PM »
I've just reactivated my WoW account after a 5 year hiatus (I started in 2009 and would play for a few months each winter. After reactivation I saw that my last login was 5 years ago). I'm a very casual player and prefer solo levelling to dungeons and end game content. Everything is different and weird. :)

Same, I reactivated to play the BFA content, but haven't pulled the trigger on the upgrade to Shadowlands. I'm enjoying the Zandalar content so far, and I've also started a couple Classic characters. I don't know yet if I'll jump into Shadowlands but especially if a BC update is on the horizon for Classic I could see playing that for awhile at least as long as the pandemic is still ongoing.

Dogastrophe

• Bristles
« Reply #1666 on: December 22, 2020, 05:38:28 PM »

Same, I reactivated to play the BFA content, but haven't pulled the trigger on the upgrade to Shadowlands. I'm enjoying the Zandalar content so far, and I've also started a couple Classic characters. I don't know yet if I'll jump into Shadowlands but especially if a BC update is on the horizon for Classic I could see playing that for awhile at least as long as the pandemic is still ongoing.

I thought about rolling a hunter on Classic but not sure I want to go through the hassle of running out of ammo again. lol.  I had started levelling up a warlock and was working on the quest to get the succubus when they changed everything up. I may give it another go.  One of the first things I did when I reactivated was pull up my first toon, a Dwarf hunter and went for a walk around Iron Forge with my first pet, a wolf named Bob.

ixtap

• Magnum Stache
    • Our Sea Story
« Reply #1667 on: December 22, 2020, 05:44:55 PM »
I'm not really a hard core gamer, but the Nintendo Switch Ring Adventure really does incorporate everything that games have in common - your fitness wear even has armor properties, such as increasing damage or a matching outfit increasing defense.

I enjoy it enough that I have to remind myself to put it down on world's that require a lot of squats, so that I don't overdo it.

onecoolcat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1668 on: December 23, 2020, 05:58:50 AM »
Shadow of the Colossus: I hate this game. I hate the main character. I hate the horse (actually cheered when he fell off a cliff). And I especially hate the colossi. Nice graphics. 2/10.

I really didn't care for the game either.  The controls were terrible.  I rushed through it just to move onto another game.

Picked up Nioh during a sale on Steam a while ago and have been having some fun (and frustration) with it.  Haven't had a Playstation since the 2, since it's nice to have the chance to play it.  Also started a bit on some of the free games that Epic has been handing out. 

I picked up Nioh 2 on Black Friday for $5 (after a $5 off anything coupon at Best Buy).  I'm a huge fan of the Souls series and I liked Nioh.  I figured for $5 I would give Nioh 2 a shot.  I am glad I did because I enjoy it more than I did with the original.  I think the issue I had with the original is that I expected too much of a Souls game and wasn't prepared for the loot system.  I dig it now.  Great game for sure.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:05:19 AM by OneCoolCat »

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1669 on: December 27, 2020, 09:41:32 AM »
Got Monster's Den Godfall for five bucks or so.
Definitely not nice graphics, but fun dungeon crawling. Defeinitely worth that money for me. Have it played longer already than many shooter that cost 50-60€ go.

btw. Epic still give 1 game a day for free atm. A few I checked out, but honestly - when should I find the time to play them?  Also got a JRPG on Steam for 10€. That's another 50 hours I guess.

Fish Sweet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1670 on: December 28, 2020, 11:31:45 PM »
Just hit the ending credits to Hades after a solid two months of gameplay - and I suspect there's even more story and gameplay to come.  I haven't even unlocked the ultimate forms for most of my weapons, or finished some of the available relationships.  I never saw myself as much of a roguelike or roguelite gamer, but the developers really polished this game to perfection and 80+ runs in, I still haven't gotten bored.  Highly recommended for a game that's well worth the bucks.

Also recently went through Night in the Woods, which was charming and heartfelt and really hit me in an unexpected place.

zolotiyeruki

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1671 on: December 29, 2020, 06:21:30 AM »
I installed SWTOR last week, since it was free and I like Star Wars.  I played as a smuggler, and got to level 20 before I called it quits.  It seems MMORPGs aren't for me--I realized at the end that I wasn't really paying attention to the story or the dialog any more, and that the gameplay at lvl20 was the same as at lvl1.  I didn't get into any of the actual multiplayer content.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1672 on: December 30, 2020, 03:46:19 PM »
Just hit the ending credits to Hades after a solid two months of gameplay - and I suspect there's even more story and gameplay to come.  I haven't even unlocked the ultimate forms for most of my weapons, or finished some of the available relationships.  I never saw myself as much of a roguelike or roguelite gamer, but the developers really polished this game to perfection and 80+ runs in, I still haven't gotten bored.  Highly recommended for a game that's well worth the bucks.

Also recently went through Night in the Woods, which was charming and heartfelt and really hit me in an unexpected place.

Hades is fantastic.  Like you, I've never been deep into roguelikes (though I do appreciate a challenge), but Hades is just too good.  I haven't played it in a few months now, but I did beat it at least 60-70 times, climbing up the Pact of Punishment, before moving on to other games.  I'm sure I'll give it a while again sometime. 

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1673 on: December 31, 2020, 08:36:38 AM »

Hades is fantastic.  Like you, I've never been deep into roguelikes (though I do appreciate a challenge), but Hades is just too good.  I haven't played it in a few months now, but I did beat it at least 60-70 times, climbing up the Pact of Punishment, before moving on to other games.  I'm sure I'll give it a while again sometime.
Do you have a link to that game? I guess googling for that name would be a PITA if you only have that information ;)

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1674 on: January 01, 2021, 12:33:02 AM »

Do you have a link to that game? I guess googling for that name would be a PITA if you only have that information ;)

Are you asking about Hades?  If so, it shouldn't be hard to find at all...it's one of the favorites for Game of the Year and will be featured prominently on any storefront that sells it (Steam, Epic Games Store, Switch).

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1675 on: January 01, 2021, 09:42:26 AM »

:P

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145360/Hades/

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #1676 on: January 01, 2021, 10:59:54 PM »
After hearing it discussed on a podcast, I decided to go back to Return of the Obra Dinn despite giving up on it pretty quickly the first time round (advice: don't play this one stoned). What a fantastic experience. I wish more games were this tight and focused.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1677 on: January 02, 2021, 07:19:00 AM »
After hearing it discussed on a podcast, I decided to go back to Return of the Obra Dinn despite giving up on it pretty quickly the first time round (advice: don't play this one stoned). What a fantastic experience. I wish more games were this tight and focused.
Yes, excellent game. Revisiting scenes was a little cumbersome but I loved how the game lets you solve the mysteries yourself instead of spoon-feeding you the solutions.

I hear you on the tight and focused. Too many games these days feel like they need to pad their play time which dilutes the experience.

Roland of Gilead

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1678 on: January 09, 2021, 10:56:13 AM »
Been having a pretty good time in shadowlands.  Parts of it I don't like a lot (18 levels of Torghast for one!) but the pvp is kind of fun in rated bgs, hit rival rank in that which gets really good gear (220).

Raiding is probably the most fun as it is a hoot to listen to all of the jokes in our 30 person guild raids.  We have people age 20 to 60 in the raid so fairly diverse age wise.

E.T.

• Bristles
« Reply #1679 on: January 10, 2021, 03:43:19 PM »
Yes, excellent game. Revisiting scenes was a little cumbersome but I loved how the game lets you solve the mysteries yourself instead of spoon-feeding you the solutions.

I hear you on the tight and focused. Too many games these days feel like they need to pad their play time which dilutes the experience.

This game is still so in my head after playing it months ago that when I read a book set at sea last week I kept visualizing everything as if it took place on the Obra Dinn. The art style for that game is so cool and memorable, I really enjoyed playing it with my fam.

RWD

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1680 on: January 13, 2021, 02:49:05 PM »
I finished playing 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim a few days ago. Probably my favorite game of 2020. It has an intriguing Mystery/Sci-Fi non-linear adventure-style story with a side of RTS battles. The art and animation are gorgeous. I really like how the story doesn't hammer you over the head with revelations, instead letting the player make a lot of connections on their own (while still making sure everything is clear at the end).

Some of my favorite moments were when we would revisit a scene from a different character's perspective and even though it was the same scene there would be additional (or missing!) content which altered your perception of the event. I really don't want to say much more for fear of spoilers.

The game is only available on PS4 but if you have a PS4 I would highly recommend playing this game.

turketron

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1681 on: January 13, 2021, 07:28:21 PM »
Been having a pretty good time in shadowlands.  Parts of it I don't like a lot (18 levels of Torghast for one!) but the pvp is kind of fun in rated bgs, hit rival rank in that which gets really good gear (220).

Raiding is probably the most fun as it is a hoot to listen to all of the jokes in our 30 person guild raids.  We have people age 20 to 60 in the raid so fairly diverse age wise.
I'm enjoying it as well, although I'm taking it pretty slowly, just leveling at this point. I'm at 59 and about halfway through the Ardenweald quests. I had originally reactivated my subscription to play Classic but I've been playing this almost exclusively for the past month or so.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #1682 on: February 12, 2021, 10:25:45 PM »
I finished Control's main campaign and one DLC, and wow, I loved so much about this game! The combat mechanics and the world building and the nonsense story combined for something special. And yet I absolutely cannot recommend this game. The wildly uneven and frustrating difficulty, the cumbersome checkpoint system, and constant performance jank totally spoil the experience. Still, I'm excited for what this studio does next. I hope it's an Uncharted-type situation where they learn from their mistakes and eventually hit a home run.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1683 on: February 13, 2021, 08:57:43 AM »
Dove back in to Elite: Dangerous.  I purchased the game way back when it was new, played it some, then shelved it.  I never touched most of the content the first time around, and the game was ridiculously user-unfriendly at the beginning.  It's still pretty unfriendly, though there are of course tons of guides and videos to help.  Of course, there's a lot of new content added in the meantime, which is now all free, so that helped drag me back. 

E.T.

• Bristles
« Reply #1684 on: February 16, 2021, 08:43:45 PM »
Finally beat the boss on FTL, I'm sure I'll get the itch to play it again and unlock more ships but for now it's on to new games. I have a few in my backlog that I didn't end up having time for last year. I just started up Outer Wilds and it seems fun so far.
Spoiler: show
 I was happily creeped out that my character remembered dying the first time. I'm at the very beginning and have no idea where it's going but the small bit of existential dread in an otherwise cute game aesthetic is right up my alley.

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1685 on: March 16, 2021, 07:11:30 PM »
I finished Control's main campaign and one DLC, and wow, I loved so much about this game! The combat mechanics and the world building and the nonsense story combined for something special. And yet I absolutely cannot recommend this game. The wildly uneven and frustrating difficulty, the cumbersome checkpoint system, and constant performance jank totally spoil the experience. Still, I'm excited for what this studio does next. I hope it's an Uncharted-type situation where they learn from their mistakes and eventually hit a home run.

i can agree, I'm 1/2 way though Control and its tough. I'll try to get back to it. I've been playing Vallheim and Black Ops Cold War with friends. Ive also been playing AC Valhalla recently. I also recently beat Fallout New Vegas again via Steam this time instead of PC. Trying Wasteland 3 on Xbox as well

I want to circle back around to Baldurs Gate 2, Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall

LennStar

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1686 on: March 17, 2021, 04:08:19 AM »
X4 Cradle of Humanity came out out yesterday so...

and before that I did 2 campaigns in Total War Warhammer. They have announced part 3 btw, half a year away O.o

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1687 on: March 19, 2021, 05:48:29 AM »
Currently playing lots of Valheim.  It's sort of a survival game meets mythical Scandinavia, without the annoying "you must drink something" every 10 minutes.  It's a brutal and ruthless game I love it.  It will punish you for small mistakes.  Several of my friends also play it so once we defeat the bosses (I'm only 3/5 done, and have had the game for several weeks), we're going to try coop.

Also awaiting eagerly for Elite Dangerous Odyssey.  I have a lot of hours into ED, so I'm glad that Odyssey adds feet among other things.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1688 on: March 20, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »
Going real old school with my gaming now.  Just picked up an Atari 600XL with 64K upgrade a couple weeks ago for the homebrew Adventure II game that should be getting released in the next couple of weeks.  Also finally found what looks like a good condition reasonably priced Commodore 128 and have it on order for some text adventures...  I don't have tons of time for these right this moment, but am making my plans of things I want to do once I do finally pull the trigger and retire!  Hard to find these systems in good condition too, so have to grab them when they pop up.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1689 on: March 20, 2021, 10:27:35 AM »
Currently playing lots of Valheim.  It's sort of a survival game meets mythical Scandinavia, without the annoying "you must drink something" every 10 minutes.  It's a brutal and ruthless game I love it.  It will punish you for small mistakes.  Several of my friends also play it so once we defeat the bosses (I'm only 3/5 done, and have had the game for several weeks), we're going to try coop.

Also awaiting eagerly for Elite Dangerous Odyssey.  I have a lot of hours into ED, so I'm glad that Odyssey adds feet among other things.

Just started up on Valheim myself.  I've never really managed to get into any of the survival/crafting games, but I do like the publisher and the game is certainly getting rave (early) reviews.  We'll see if it sticks. 

I also got back into Elite: Dangerous after only dabbling with it about 6 years ago.  Giving it more of a fair shake this time, though I haven't played much in the past few weeks.  Not sure if I'll spring for Odyssey or not.  Of course, with my Coast-FIRE starting in 3 months, I'll have a lot more time to devote to stuff like this, so perhaps I will play if the FPS element is done reasonably well. 

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1690 on: March 20, 2021, 01:26:41 PM »

Just started up on Valheim myself.  I've never really managed to get into any of the survival/crafting games, but I do like the publisher and the game is certainly getting rave (early) reviews.  We'll see if it sticks. 

I also got back into Elite: Dangerous after only dabbling with it about 6 years ago.  Giving it more of a fair shake this time, though I haven't played much in the past few weeks.  Not sure if I'll spring for Odyssey or not.  Of course, with my Coast-FIRE starting in 3 months, I'll have a lot more time to devote to stuff like this, so perhaps I will play if the FPS element is done reasonably well.

Elite is such a spectacular game, especially if you can find a friend or two to play with.

BlueMR2

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1691 on: March 20, 2021, 02:46:49 PM »
Elite is such a spectacular game, especially if you can find a friend or two to play with.

That's one I wouldn't mind trying.  Looks reasonably inexpensive.  How demanding on hardware is it?

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1692 on: March 20, 2021, 03:52:19 PM »

That's one I wouldn't mind trying.  Looks reasonably inexpensive.  How demanding on hardware is it?

I had a friend playing just fine with a GTX 970 and an older i5.

Arbitrage

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1693 on: March 21, 2021, 09:10:26 AM »

It was even free on Epic Games a little while ago if you pick up those freebies.

Not too demanding graphically, despite being very immersive.  One thing to think about is what control scheme you'd like to try out.  I mean, you *can* play with mouse+KB, but I don't think you'll really get the full experience.  People do play with xbox-style controllers just fine, but you can definitely go all-out with a HOTAS setup with pedals and such.  Obviously, not something to do if you're just trying the game out and don't have the peripherals.

The other thing to warn you about is that it's not very beginner-friendly.  It takes some dedication to get in to the game - watching tutorials and such.  Thankfully, there is a wealth of information on youtube and otherwise, and they do now have some in-game tutorials as well (which they didn't have when I first started playing). 

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1694 on: March 22, 2021, 09:58:27 AM »

Not too demanding - when it came out I was running it on a GTX 750 ti and 4th gen Core i5.  It wasn't flawless, but it was playable.

But, as said...get a HOTAS setup if you can.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 10:00:08 AM by dignam »

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #1695 on: March 22, 2021, 10:32:18 AM »
Managed to snag a Series X at launch (no small feat) and thus far it has been excellent console, even with no games yet released that truly test it’s capabilities. But with Xbox’s dedication to backwards compatibility (older games have never looked or played so well) and with the incredible value of a Game Pass subscription I suspect this will be my favourite all time console.

Forza Horizon 4 and Sea of Thieves are my two favs right now....in 4K on an Oled display the visuals are incredible.

dignam

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1696 on: March 23, 2021, 06:10:09 AM »
So earlier this year I debated on building out a new PC or going console, and decided to go PC again.  Managed to get an RTX 3060 Ti after months of searching, to finally complete my build.  ^Jon is right, games on a 4k OLED look amazing.  I still haven't scratched the surface of what this thing can do though.

salt cured

• Bristles
« Reply #1697 on: April 06, 2021, 09:18:57 AM »
Ratchet and Clank - Chef's kiss.

The Messenger - Put it down after activating 3 lasers, I think. A little too obtuse for me, but I'll probably go back once or twice.

Subnautica - I wish there was a little more guidance for the player. I've got the start of a base crafted, but I don't really see the point of building it out. I can't figure out how to upgrade my gear or read the scanner room map. I did find a mountain with some alien tech but like whatever. If I was in this situation in real life I'd just fish and chill in the pod.

Baba is You - Great idea but the game needed a much more experienced designer. The difficulty ramp is much too steep to stick with this one.

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1698 on: April 19, 2021, 11:22:53 PM »
Ratchet and Clank - Chef's kiss.

The Messenger - Put it down after activating 3 lasers, I think. A little too obtuse for me, but I'll probably go back once or twice.

Subnautica - I wish there was a little more guidance for the player. I've got the start of a base crafted, but I don't really see the point of building it out. I can't figure out how to upgrade my gear or read the scanner room map. I did find a mountain with some alien tech but like whatever. If I was in this situation in real life I'd just fish and chill in the pod.

Baba is You - Great idea but the game needed a much more experienced designer. The difficulty ramp is much too steep to stick with this one.

I tried to play the Messenger but couldnt get into it. I did play Cyber Shadow (we got a review code), its from Yacht Club Games and while its pretty challenging I enjoy it.

FrugalKube

• Stubble
    • The Gamer's Lounge
« Reply #1699 on: April 19, 2021, 11:26:18 PM »
I had mentioned before I was giving Wasteland 3 a try on Xbox. Its not bad, a little slow on consoles. I want to try the co-op.

Still waiting to circle back around and finish Baldur's Gate on steam, Dishonored Death of an Outsider on PS4, Prey on PS4, and maybe start a few games on the Switch such as Luigis Mansion 3 and Links Awakening. I would like to play the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remasters as well