Author Topic: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?  (Read 151587 times)

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
Re: Mustachian video gamers - what are you PLAYING?
« Reply #1000 on: December 27, 2017, 07:38:28 AM »
There are some games that are designed around motion control, but they are the exception.
In Zelda BotW they are totally optional, and specifically for aiming (primarily aiming with the bow, and the location that spells take place).
I initially expected it to feel gimmicky and to turn it off after a while, but I actually got used to it very quickly, and it just feels like yet another control on the 2 joystick 16 button controller (every single one of which is used in that game)
Anything I've said here useful or interesting?  Find a lot more of my thoughts here: http://randomthoughts.fyi

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1001 on: December 27, 2017, 07:53:29 AM »
My burning question on the Switch is ... do I have to move around to play it? I was completely lost on all Zelda games on the Wii the second I realized I had to like, wave my arm around like I was sword fighting irl. I could handle bowling with a flick of the wrist or something trivial, but standing in my living room having epic sword fight battles was too much lol. I mean, have you SEEN the YouTube videos of people doing this LOL. I couldn't get over it. I'm ready to play a lazy, thumb-exercising video game again!

No the Switch controller/s are not Wiimotes. There are analog and digital dpads and buttons. No epic arm waving needed.

I have the WiiU - just a big touchscreen in the middle of a controller. I think you tilt the pad for fine aiming though.
Amex Cobalt - 5x points at grocery stores/restaurants converts 2:1 to SPG - better than the SPG card! Or redeem at 1c/point = 5% for travel.

Great Canadian Rebates good extra sign up bonuses on credit cards, among other things.

Tangerine Orange Key: 48322202S1. I prefer Simplii (was PC Financial) to Tangerine, but you get $50 for signing up (and so do I).

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1002 on: December 27, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
I got Zelda BotW for Christmas!

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Chart prepping
« Reply #1003 on: December 27, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
I've been playing a bunch of Middle-earth: Shadow of War.  Enjoyed the original and this one is a lot of fun too. 
Check out my blog.  Early retirement from a military perspective.

http://chartprepping.com

caffeine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1004 on: December 27, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
I've returned to Diablo 2. It's an awesome game that Blizzard still supports. Definitely helps kill time and the urge to buy new games.

Thinkum

• Pencil Stache
  • Life is Good
« Reply #1005 on: December 27, 2017, 03:20:18 PM »
I sort of got back into Minecraft, mostly as a way to relax and be creative. I am building a city street with the intent to build an actual city. So far I have about 6-7 buildings and some walking paths.

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1006 on: December 27, 2017, 03:21:14 PM »
Currently I am playing the Final Fantasy XV multiplayer DLC, Comrades.

I am quite disappointed in the main game. It beggars belief they could make such a disjointed thing - where virtually nothing is explained (you have to go and watch a film, amongst other things, in theory); where the actual plot is just half a dozen set pieces *which you can guard/block through most of*; where your world is being torn apart but you're on a nice road trip with your friends; where there is supposed to be a load of friendship but... there is really very little of it developed.

Ahem.

But the MP is ok!

I've never understood games where side quests are the main thing. The MP bit does it right; you do side quests to advance the main story. With the main game, if you skip the side quests... well, I watched someone do a speed run of the game in 4.5 hours.

The main game is just such a waste of time! They put sooo much effort in to certain things but made them pointless! Argh.
Amex Cobalt - 5x points at grocery stores/restaurants converts 2:1 to SPG - better than the SPG card! Or redeem at 1c/point = 5% for travel.

Great Canadian Rebates good extra sign up bonuses on credit cards, among other things.

Tangerine Orange Key: 48322202S1. I prefer Simplii (was PC Financial) to Tangerine, but you get $50 for signing up (and so do I).

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »
civ 6!

ElGrillo

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #1008 on: January 11, 2018, 01:48:08 PM »
civ 6!

I picked that one up, but haven't played it for a few months now. I loved Civ 5, but I have been waiting for 6 to have more balances, updates, etc.

grantmeaname

• Magnum Stache
  • This night has silence and very little fear
    • The MMM Blogger Community
« Reply #1009 on: January 12, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
Civ VI is $12 with a subscription to humble monthly. You can cancel it immediately after redeeming the steam keys and just pay the one month (or cancel it in mid-Feb to get all the Feb games but also not pay for the next month). I’ve heard good enough things that I went ahead and pulled the trigger.