Author Topic: Hurricane Irma Check-In Safe Thread  (Read 1718 times)

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
Hurricane Irma Check-In Safe Thread
« on: September 08, 2017, 08:54:19 AM »
Wishing safety for all the Mustachians in the path of Irma. Please let us all know that you have evacuated before the storm, or check in safe after if you stay.

I evacuated yesterday. Safe in Georgia, heading farther NW tomorrow.

Jtrey17

• Stubble
Re: Hurricane Irma Check-In Safe Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:13 PM »
Glad that you're to safety!!

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:44:35 PM »
I decided to stay.  I had planned on heading into Orlando (I'm on the east coast), but the more I thought about having to try and get home if there were downed poles/lines/trees it just made more sense to hunker down at home.  I'll try to check in periodically through the weekend.

MandalayVA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 05:01:26 PM »
In Orlando.  Since I have a battery-powered radio that has USB ports, unless something happens to a local cell phone tower I should be able to stay in touch.  Supposedly Irma will be a low Category 1/high end tropical storm when it gets here, but I went through Isabel in 2003 in Virginia, which was "only" a tropical storm but ripped things up good and we were out of power for eight days.  Mother Nature has always had my highest respect.

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 05:27:26 AM »
Well, I made it.  Lost power around 6 pm Sunday and outside of water seeping in my back room no damage.  I can't say the same for the neighbors though, many of them lost shingles and probably have water damage in their homes.

Misstachio

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »
Few things are scarier than seeing a natural disaster making a b-line for your house, glad everyone's mostly ok!