Author Topic: how to advertise to rent my home in stuart fla for free?  (Read 1511 times)

silentfaith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
how to advertise to rent my home in stuart fla for free?
« on: January 09, 2018, 12:10:00 PM »
is there a web site to list my home that gets great exposure? want to rent a 55+ community home with amazing clubhouse year round.

swashbucklinstache

• Pencil Stache
Re: how to advertise to rent my home in stuart fla for free?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 06:02:49 PM »
craigslist?

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 03:57:26 AM »
To start with, I'd suggest composing your ad more carefully than this thread title.

Do you want to advertise a free house or are you looking for a no-cost way to rent out a house that is not free?

Another Reader

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 05:17:26 AM »
Hotpads and Zillow.  Craigslist is a nonstarter in my markets.  It brings in unqualified people and wastes a lot of time.

I would also post a notice in the clubhouse if there is a bulletin board and on Nextdoor if your neighborhood participates.  Word of mouth is very effective for the active adult market.  Someone has a cousin or a friend back home that wants to move to Florida but wants to try it out by renting.

Khaetra

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:17:40 AM »
I would double/triple check that renting out your place is within the guidelines of the community.  Some do not allow it.

silentfaith

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
Hey, thanks for the two tips on websites, will place proper ads there.  dicey likely does not like newbys with slams but i understand. kindly.

jinga nation

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 07:24:07 AM »
some communities/HOAs have a website that would list your home for free or a nominal price.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:55:56 PM »
...dicey likely does not like newbys with slams but i understand. kindly.
WTF? What does this even mean? This comment just underscores my original point. Rule #1 of any ad is clarity. Ever hear of the Five W's? I made a comment that I hoped would encourage you to write a better ad and generate more interest in your listing. I like newbies as well as anyone here, but I would have made the same comment to the mighty post king, ARS, had he posted the same words you did.