Author Topic: How is your weekend?  (Read 33230 times)

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
Re: How is your weekend?
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2014, 02:42:41 AM »
Walked 30 mins to the local jerry, caught a ferry across the river and joined my family at the zoo. After a few hours enjoying the zoo with them, met up with the in laws at the elephant enclosure and spent several hours seeing even more animals with them.

So had fun, got loads of exercise (6+ hours of walking around!), now drinking a cup of tea in bed. That's a pretty great Saturday.

Zaga

• Magnum Stache
    • A Wall of Hats
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2014, 03:03:22 PM »
We painted 2 benches and a chair that DH made last year and the year before in a nice beachy blue color, they look awesome!  Also the usual grass mowing/weedwacking took place.

Then we spent today laying a 5'x6' landing patio at the bottom of our kitchen stairs using sand and basic pavers.  It's in a difficult corner to mow, this is a nice improvement. 

Lovely weekend!  I really love doing things with my DH <3

senecando

• Bristles
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2014, 09:43:41 PM »
Groceries, watching some soccer, and we drove down to a little town called Mineral Point, which is pretty much a tiny little cornish town in the middle of Wisconsin. Beautiful!

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »
Took Friday off - slept in, went for a run, then out to the stable.  Did some errands on Saturday, washed and re-waterproofed the horses' winter blankets and bottled my batch of imperial red homebrew.  Cooked a tri-tip on the charcoal and ate it with carrots and sauteed greens out of the garden.  Today, went riding, then out to eat with DH, plus a CostCo run, then spent the rest of the day on the garden setting up soaker hoses, watering and mulching, went to the gym, then a salad with homegrown lettuce before getting ready for the work week.

Freckles

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2014, 07:18:35 PM »
Um, AWESOME!  Because I spent it at Camp Mustache.  That was really fun.  I have big love for all my fellow campers.  <3

Eddy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2014, 07:39:45 PM »
Played GTA 5 and deeply regret it! I get addicted too easily to awesome videogames and then I start hating them because I waste a lot of valuable time. I've had a lot of fun though!

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »
11.5 hours of valet bike parking Saturday

Sunday gained freedom from my non-human roommates (kitten joint custody, ex and I trade off a couple times a year), and then went on a first date consisting of trail running in the hills together.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »
Saturday: Handed out participation medals and played cheerleader to the finishers of a big charity bike ride. TBH I'm not too fond of the idea - I'd rather people found it in themselves to give independently, and then just go ride bikes 'cause it's fun - but as it is it's an effective way to get people to donate to things, so I figure I may as well help. Ate lots of ice cream. Rode home in a thunderstorm (always fun). Brewed a lemon witbier and bottled 1.5L of limoncello.

Today: cleaning, writing long overdue letters to my little cousin & my grandpa, maybe going climbing, and, if I can find it in me, relaxing :-)

grantmeaname

• CM*MW 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Cast me away from yesterday's things
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »
Thursday night I watched a bike race. Friday night I saw the London symphony orchestra play an awesome all-Beethoven show. Saturday I went to Spitalfields market and bought a sweet messenger bag, then wandered around Brick Lane (Banglatown) and found a coffee warehouse; that night I went to another bike race, which included crtieriums (criteria?) for penny farthings, the bikeshare bikes, retro bikes, folding bikes (business dress mandatory), and then elite women and men. Then today I went to the science museum and Harrod's, and I'm having a friend over for dinner in an hour or so.

Next weekend I think I'm going to do nothing.

TreeTired

• Bristles
  • I think we can make it (We made it!)
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2014, 11:25:25 AM »
Packed up the folding chairs, the dog, the wife and 2 beers, stopped at Chipoltes (I know, extravagant) for 2 burritos and walked over to the park and sat down for a great dinner with free music  A perfect Saturday evening in my book.   :)

sleepyguy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2014, 02:10:00 PM »
We have seasons passes to a kids farm (has playground, farm animals, etc... pretty big).  It's not too expensive at $30 per person for a seasons pass.  Kids love it.  We went twice this weekend.

For myself, caught couple netflix movies, reading a new book and played a bit of tennis.  Overall, fantastic weekend.

Dee18

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
Blackberry picking Saturday morning, painted a chair in the afternoon, birthday potluck dinner in the evening.  Sunday am bike ride--so fun with no traffic--another coat of paint on the chair, and loaded up a box of stuff to donate after reading the new MMM post.  This evening a free symphony concert/picnic in the park.  Lovely!

nikki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »
I had a 3-day weekend, and I'm happy to report I didn't do anything worth noting on those days.

Relaxation supreme!

I did do some work yesterday, but I tied it into my de-cluttering by bringing books, folders, papers, card games, etc. to my office (and out of my house). I tricked myself into working! I'm much more productive in the office than at home, where my cat and oven (I like baking/cooking!) are almost constant distractions.

6 minutes to go-time. The work week has begun :-(

Bakari

• Handlebar Stache
  • Veggie Powered Handyman
    • The Flamboyant Introvert
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Was part of a crew that pulled a stranded surfer out of the water a mile from shore ten minutes before dark this weekend, closest yet to a legit search and rescue operation I've participated in since I joined the Coast Guard Reserve

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2014, 01:13:16 AM »
so far: party @ work, went climbing, dinner and slumber party at friends' house, pancakes for breakfast, rode to other friends' house, went on a very long bike ride, drank mojito floats, saw fireworks, partied at third house of friends, was complimented many times on my limoncello, went back to friend house #1 and baked bread, rode home.

tomorrow: resting, bottling beer, working on apple-bacon liqueur, writing a letter to my little cousin, cleaning. not riding bikes thank goodness, 'cause it seems like that's all anybody else wants to do these days. which is difficult when you also ride everywhere else.

Strawberrykiwi75

• Stubble
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2014, 03:09:36 AM »
Went for a picnic and day hike at Castle Hill, Canterbury (google it, it's fantastic, sorry I'm on mobile so I can't include a link). Picked up pies at the best pie bakery on the way- I had venison. It was cold and the sun was perfect and the sky blue- made me feel alive. Then back for a catch up walk with a friend in the park and back to hers for wonton noodle soup. Perfect day!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!