Author Topic: Flu shot: to get, or not to get? That is the question  (Read 17658 times)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Flu shot: to get, or not to get? That is the question
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2016, 10:16:18 AM »
Sorry, waiver was a poor choice of word and I should have explained further. It is a voucher which allows me to get the shot from a company affiliated with ours, meaning I do not have to deal with billing insurance, which is nice, because we just switched insurance on the first and stuff is all screwed up, PLUS it saves filing a ton of paperwork with my company to prove that I did, in fact, get it.

Don't worry FrugalNacho, I get my flu shot. I work with medically fragile kids, I wouldn't dream of not. Pretty sure I was like the third comment on the thread saying YES IT MATTERS.

Just me, sucking at english at 10pm (aka, way past my bedtime).

My experience with Target has been that they get your insurance info, then pull the vaccine and administer it.  No dealing with the insurance company at all for anything during or after.  They gave me one of those bags you normally get with a prescription (although it was empty) that has all the prescription documentation stapled right on it.  I don't have to turn mine in for work or anything, but it seems like that would be pretty easy to show you got it. 

Plus free $5 gift card.

Ah, maybe I'll follow up on this then. It's been like 5 years since I've gotten the flu shot in a "normal" place. During nursing school it was from classmates a clinic the school runs, and then from work last year. So my last experience in a pharmacy setting doesn't translate anymore since the ACA I suppose!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!