Author Topic: Does Anyone Regret Voting Republican?  (Read 261012 times)

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
Re: Does Anyone Regret Voting Republican?
« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »
I was kinda wondering why the full name was being typed over and over again.  It's not like there's any other president Trump that someone could get confused with.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2017, 08:26:03 AM »
I was kinda wondering why the full name was being typed over and over again.  It's not like there's any other president Trump that someone could get confused with.

I think it's to emphasize all the electoral winning. Librul tears and all that.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2017, 09:27:52 AM »

I think it's to emphasize all the electoral winning. Librul tears and all that.

It's because he used his full name on his TV show, which means it's a fancy name and very prestigious. He had a TV show, people!

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Unemployment dropped from 10% to 4.7% (5.3%) during the Obama years.  It is 4.1% now, a drop of 0.6% in Trumps first year. It is still is 0.2% higher than it was at it's lowest point around 2000 (3.9%).
So you agree that unemployment under President Donald J. Trump is lower than any point since December 2000? Great!

President Donald J. Trump has taken 1) unemployment to lows not seen in 17 full years and 2) the US stock market to highs never seen at any time in history.

I hope facts don't trigger you.

MAGA.

Is typing the word "president" in bold font giving you a sexual thrill or something?  Seriously, what's with that?
It is because so many American citizens tried to claim that he isn't their president.

Surprise!  He is their president!  Any will be for the next three years!  And most likely the following four years!

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2017, 01:08:02 PM »
Once we kill NAFTA we can enter agricultural trade agreements.  No sense in us growing avocados in greenhouses or Mexico trying to grow crappy apples.  But most things we use and consume can be made in our country.  Cars being the prime example.  The most dangerous people in society are those with nothing to lose.  And I've lived long enough in the rust belt to see this lost generation of men and women who cannot find work and thus have no dignity and put off home ownership and having children.  The U3 unemployment rate is also bullshit.  Look at the number of people on food stamps for crying out loud.  We are going to MAKE AMERICAN AND BUY AMERICAN.

I've been in the rust belt since '94 and have witnessed many auto plants close and move across the border.  It sucks. The landscape changed drastically from middle class to lower income.

But to think that Trump is going to bring those jobs back is ludicrous. The automakers (let's say the Big 3) have no reason to bring those jobs back to then pay a higher wage for the same work they get at 10cents on the dollar in Mexico.

I'm all for locals supporting locals, but this idea that manufacturing is going to come back because of Trump is rather foolish. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Was their dash south of the border also an effort to get out from under the unions? Business with unions seems from my POV to be both expensive and time consuming. Difficult.

A fair number of these factories found a happy middle ground in the southern states.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 01:10:09 PM by Just Joe »

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2017, 02:12:43 PM »
Unemployment dropped from 10% to 4.7% (5.3%) during the Obama years.  It is 4.1% now, a drop of 0.6% in Trumps first year. It is still is 0.2% higher than it was at it's lowest point around 2000 (3.9%).
So you agree that unemployment under President Donald J. Trump is lower than any point since December 2000? Great!

President Donald J. Trump has taken 1) unemployment to lows not seen in 17 full years and 2) the US stock market to highs never seen at any time in history.

MAGA.

Is typing the word "president" in bold font giving you a sexual thrill or something?  Seriously, what's with that?
It is because so many American citizens tried to claim that he isn't their president.

Surprise!  He is their president!  Any will be for the next three years!  And most likely the following four years!

Mmmm...ok.  But no one here is claiming he isn't the president. 

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #406 on: December 30, 2017, 02:16:23 PM »

MAGA.

Nah, I don't accept Trump as President and I don't feel I should have to follow anything he says. As far as I'm concerned, America is like Mad Max right now. Anarchy and anything goes.

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #407 on: December 30, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »

MAGA.

I can post dozens of links showing loonies claiming the President Donald J. Trump is "not their president" to supposrt my position.

https://www.today.com/video/-not-my-president-anti-donald-trump-protests-erupt-across-the-country-after-election-805571139670

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #408 on: December 30, 2017, 02:23:42 PM »

MAGA.

Nah, I don't accept Trump as President and I don't feel I should have to follow anything he says. As far as I'm concerned, America is like Mad Max right now. Anarchy and anything goes.
Your screen name seems very accurate.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #409 on: December 30, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »

MAGA.

Right, but I assume you acknowledge he won the presidency via legal electoral college vote, right? I mean, I don't know anyone who doesn't think he is legally president.  I know tons of people who think he shouldn't be president, or who think without Russian meddling in the election he wouldn't be president, or who (as do I) think he's an atrocious and unqualified president.  But that's a different thing.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #410 on: December 30, 2017, 02:24:48 PM »

MAGA.

You're kind of an asshole, aren't you?

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #411 on: December 30, 2017, 02:25:17 PM »
Once we kill NAFTA we can enter agricultural trade agreements.  No sense in us growing avocados in greenhouses or Mexico trying to grow crappy apples.  But most things we use and consume can be made in our country.  Cars being the prime example.  The most dangerous people in society are those with nothing to lose.  And I've lived long enough in the rust belt to see this lost generation of men and women who cannot find work and thus have no dignity and put off home ownership and having children.  The U3 unemployment rate is also bullshit.  Look at the number of people on food stamps for crying out loud.  We are going to MAKE AMERICAN AND BUY AMERICAN.

I've been in the rust belt since '94 and have witnessed many auto plants close and move across the border.  It sucks. The landscape changed drastically from middle class to lower income.

But to think that Trump is going to bring those jobs back is ludicrous. The automakers (let's say the Big 3) have no reason to bring those jobs back to then pay a higher wage for the same work they get at 10cents on the dollar in Mexico.

I'm all for locals supporting locals, but this idea that manufacturing is going to come back because of Trump is rather foolish. I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Was their dash south of the border also an effort to get out from under the unions? Business with unions seems from my POV to be both expensive and time consuming. Difficult.

A fair number of these factories found a happy middle ground in the southern states.

I would've to say yes.

The UAW, as much as it wants to portray itself as having made great contract negotiations with/for it's members, also made it difficult for the automakers to compete against cheaper Japanese imports in the mid-late 80's, causing the brands to start looking across the border.

I work in the automotive industry and have been in it for over 14 years. My father worked for a contractor of Ford/GM during the 90's. I, just like my dad back in the 90's, have seen the unions come in and promise plenty but deliver almost nothing. It's a joke.

Another issue with the auto union is the fact that  once you got in, it was almost impossible to get fired, so the quality of work dropped rapidly once the employees knew there were no repercussions for their actions. That, along with the "Job Title" aspect of things, meaning if you were in the "stamping department" you couldn't get asked to go to another part of the plant because it wasn't your job title, no matter how slow you were. So instead of having one employee do different jobs, the plant had to higher another person, even if the first employee was just standing around all day.

Unions worked but the abuse of power that came with them was ridiculous.

I'm a union member and I'm glad for it because I have fantastic health benefits (especially compared to my nonexistent health plan when I was a young adult.) Lots of people with my sort of background are opposed to labor unions because all they see are dues being taken out of paychecks. They fail to see the benefits like sick pay/paid vacation/health insurance/dental insurance/increased wages/etc. It's a shame because a lot of folks from my old stomping grounds have basically shot themselves in the face by supporting union breaking. They make nowhere near as much money as my household does.

The auto industry wouldn't be able to undercut the Rust Belt states if the southern states took care of their people better. No matter what, these auto companies need access to the American market, so if everybody stuck together they'd have the industry over a barrel when it comes to worker compensation. Oh, well. Folks do what they're going to do.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #412 on: December 30, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »

MAGA.

Recognize one of your own kind, huh? Small world. Welcome, brethren!

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #413 on: December 30, 2017, 03:49:40 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

Care to back up your assertions with facts?

I realize that you don't like facts, you prefer wild emotions.  And that is fine as long as you don't want to thrive in the real world.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #414 on: December 30, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
Don't feed the troll.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #415 on: December 30, 2017, 04:41:16 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

I realize that you don't like facts, you prefer wild emotions.  And that is fine as long as you don't want to thrive in the real world.

What assertions and facts are you talking about? Do you even realize how silly you sound?

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #416 on: December 30, 2017, 05:11:29 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

What assertions and facts are you talking about? Do you even realize how silly you sound?
I wasn't the one that called another member an asshole.

Your condescension and ignorance are why President Donald J. Trump was elected.  And why he will be re-elected.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #417 on: December 30, 2017, 05:32:54 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

Your condescension and ignorance are why President Donald J. Trump was elected.  And why he will be re-elected.

Git-R-Dun!

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #418 on: December 30, 2017, 06:45:44 PM »
Trickle down! GE is laying off 12,000 workers in 2018. AT&T announce they are laying off 1,400. 555 layoffs at Carrier. More layoffs in steel and mining. Merry Christmas from Trumpland!
Unemployment is lower today than it has been at any point since December 2000.
Don't let facts get in the way of your blind, ignorant hatred.

MAGA.

Average Monthly Job Gains
-January through November
2017: +174,000
2016: +190,000
2015: +225,000
2014: +249,000
2013: +205,000
2012: +173,000
2011: +171,000
2010:  +89,000

The economy added more jobs in each year of Obama's 2nd term than Trump's first.

Fact.

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #419 on: December 30, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »
Trickle down! GE is laying off 12,000 workers in 2018. AT&T announce they are laying off 1,400. 555 layoffs at Carrier. More layoffs in steel and mining. Merry Christmas from Trumpland!

MAGA.

The economy added more jobs in each year of Obama's 2nd term than Trump's first.

Fact.
And what were the unemployment figures for all of those years?

Yes, they were lowest under President Donald J. Trump.

Fact.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #420 on: December 30, 2017, 07:08:45 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

Not sure what ignorance you are referring to either.  But by all means, keep digging.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #421 on: December 30, 2017, 07:23:17 PM »

MAGA.

Fact.
And what were the unemployment figures for all of those years?

Yes, they were lowest under President Donald J. Trump.

Fact.

Thanks, Obama!

retiringearly

• Bristles
« Reply #422 on: December 30, 2017, 07:31:59 PM »

MAGA.

No, not even close.

Not sure what ignorance you are referring to either.  But by all means, keep digging.
Can't honestly debate based on facts so you call someone an asshole......so you ignore your own ignorance.

Best of luck to you.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #423 on: December 30, 2017, 09:21:35 PM »
Don't feed the troll.

But apparently some people have so much troll food just lying around...

The whole point of the very first sarcastic post was that the economy and unemployment tell us little to nothing about the president's abilities.
At least stop quoting the whole thread in your nonsense argument.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #424 on: December 30, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »
C'mon, folks. Let's be a little more civilized here. Even up on Hillbilly Mountain, we still had the courtesy to take the Marlboro out of our mouth before we told someone to kiss our ass.

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #425 on: December 31, 2017, 07:56:28 AM »
We should not be harming each other by talking like this. It feels smart and clever but it's futile really. Changes in the world are only a tiny percent made by talking.

I voted for the Republican this time, and this is how it personally happened for me. I was distressed at what seemed the negative direction of our country, deeply distressed. So for nine days before the election I got down on my marrowbones and prayed a novena, prayed with all my heart - not so much for a specific result, but for the good of my country.

It seemed so hopeless. On the ninth day (election day) I voted, and felt a pervasive sense that all would be well. I turned off the news with its noisy predictions of Inevitable Result, did some little things around the house, and went peacefully to sleep, sleep without dreams.

Sometime after morning coffee I checked the election results, not in a hurry, and smiled and shook my head at the pundits and their stunned "How could we be so wrong." You see they talked a lot. But they didn't listen, and they didn't see, and so they believed in the Inevitable, which turned out not to be so.

Last year, people in my megacorp workplace were still afraid to say "Merry Christmas." This year I heard it from everybody; we even had an Ugly Christmas Sweater day, which was hilarious. I do not regret voting for the Republican this time at all.

Many people were praying, not so much for a specific result, but for deliverance in crisis. We didn't know each other, but God knew all of us, and His communications cannot be intercepted or tampered with.

Talking in harmful or futile ways does not change the world.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #426 on: December 31, 2017, 08:06:00 AM »
So I spoke to my formerly Trump supporting father, who now wants to see him impeached (as I noted earlier in the thread).  I asked him why he supported him, in more detail.  What it came down to was essentially, he didn't want to vote for Hillary and because he hadn't followed much political coverage during the campaign, he didn't realize until after the election how terrible a candidate and human being Trump was. 

He had watched the GOP convention, which was one of the few times Trump was very highly scripted and on message, and thought Trump seemed 'fine'.

He has always wanted a business man as president (his own business bias, being a real estate guy himself).  Now he admits that he didn't realize that most of Trump's money came from 'salesman' work/name licensing deals rather than as my dad put it, ACTUAL business. 

He said that he was immensely impressed with Trump's children, which he assumed reflected well on Trump's character.  Then he joked rather bitterly that he's now seriously wondering if those kids are really Trump's, or all the kids are secretly horrible/stupid as well.

He hadn't watched Trump in any public appearances except the debates and brief clips...no interviews etc.  As he said on the phone (paraphrased from multiple minutes of Dad ranting), 'That guy is just a flat out IDIOT, and there is obviously some kind of major psychological problems, too.  He can't say a coherent sentence and he doesn't know anything about ANYTHING!'

When I pointed out that Trump had not changed his behavior at all since the campaign, and that all these characteristics were apparent back then, he just admitted he hadn't bothered to do his homework at all.  He was, in fact, not even aware going into the booth that a very good, older school, conservative candidate (Evan McMullin) was on the ballot for him to consider.

So, there is some detail to answer the OP's question, from a data point of one miserably sorry independent voter.

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #427 on: December 31, 2017, 08:27:03 AM »
I am a supporter of President Trump and of what he is trying to do, but I think he and his family are like highly-colored Marvel comics characters. They were very rich and did and went wherever they pleased, and suddenly they were transported into a 19th-century mansion and are expected to behave in highly artificial ways.

I think our expectations of the presidency are a little toxic, truthfully.

Davnasty

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #428 on: December 31, 2017, 09:18:23 AM »
We should not be harming each other by talking like this. It feels smart and clever but it's futile really. Changes in the world are only a tiny percent made by talking.

I voted for the Republican this time, and this is how it personally happened for me. I was distressed at what seemed the negative direction of our country, deeply distressed. So for nine days before the election I got down on my marrowbones and prayed a novena, prayed with all my heart - not so much for a specific result, but for the good of my country.

It seemed so hopeless. On the ninth day (election day) I voted, and felt a pervasive sense that all would be well. I turned off the news with its noisy predictions of Inevitable Result, did some little things around the house, and went peacefully to sleep, sleep without dreams.

Sometime after morning coffee I checked the election results, not in a hurry, and smiled and shook my head at the pundits and their stunned "How could we be so wrong." You see they talked a lot. But they didn't listen, and they didn't see, and so they believed in the Inevitable, which turned out not to be so.

Last year, people in my megacorp workplace were still afraid to say "Merry Christmas." This year I heard it from everybody; we even had an Ugly Christmas Sweater day, which was hilarious. I do not regret voting for the Republican this time at all.

Many people were praying, not so much for a specific result, but for deliverance in crisis. We didn't know each other, but God knew all of us, and His communications cannot be intercepted or tampered with.

I had several questions reading your post but I think it's best to take things one at a time in these conversations.

In what ways do you feel the country was going in a negative direction?

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #429 on: December 31, 2017, 09:52:13 AM »

Why were people afraid to say Merry Christmas?  Does your employer not follow federal holidays were Christmas is off, so you believe them to be anti-Christmas?  I truly am confused by this statement.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #430 on: December 31, 2017, 09:57:17 AM »

Why were people afraid to say Merry Christmas?  Does your employer not follow federal holidays were Christmas is off, so you believe them to be anti-Christmas?  I truly am confused by this statement.

Yeah, I've never heard of anyone being "afraid" to say Merry Christmas. I can envision it in Saudi Arabia but not in Chicago or Mobile or Seattle.

My last employer had a mandatory week shutdown, which happened during Christmas week because it was Christmas week.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #431 on: December 31, 2017, 09:59:05 AM »
On a related note, when the market takes its inevitable tumble, which happens every so often, will the Trumpkins accept blame for his failure? Or is this a one-way type of thing?

It's actually bad strategy by Trump to crow about the market. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #432 on: December 31, 2017, 11:51:18 AM »

I had several questions reading your post but I think it's best to take things one at a time in these conversations.

I am required to answer this kind of question.

We were being oppressed by a Jezebel spirit, which emasculates men, causes women to practice destructive sexual magic, incites mothers to murder their children, and causes discord between brothers and friends.

The Jezebel spirit hates Christmas and everything it means. That is why saying "Merry Christmas" keeps coming up, it's quite relevant spiritually.

ncornilsen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #433 on: December 31, 2017, 11:52:19 AM »

I would've to say yes.

The UAW, as much as it wants to portray itself as having made great contract negotiations with/for it's members, also made it difficult for the automakers to compete against cheaper Japanese imports in the mid-late 80's, causing the brands to start looking across the border.

I work in the automotive industry and have been in it for over 14 years. My father worked for a contractor of Ford/GM during the 90's. I, just like my dad back in the 90's, have seen the unions come in and promise plenty but deliver almost nothing. It's a joke.

Another issue with the auto union is the fact that  once you got in, it was almost impossible to get fired, so the quality of work dropped rapidly once the employees knew there were no repercussions for their actions. That, along with the "Job Title" aspect of things, meaning if you were in the "stamping department" you couldn't get asked to go to another part of the plant because it wasn't your job title, no matter how slow you were. So instead of having one employee do different jobs, the plant had to higher another person, even if the first employee was just standing around all day.

Unions worked but the abuse of power that came with them was ridiculous.

I'm a union member and I'm glad for it because I have fantastic health benefits (especially compared to my nonexistent health plan when I was a young adult.) Lots of people with my sort of background are opposed to labor unions because all they see are dues being taken out of paychecks. They fail to see the benefits like sick pay/paid vacation/health insurance/dental insurance/increased wages/etc. It's a shame because a lot of folks from my old stomping grounds have basically shot themselves in the face by supporting union breaking. They make nowhere near as much money as my household does.

The auto industry wouldn't be able to undercut the Rust Belt states if the southern states took care of their people better. No matter what, these auto companies need access to the American market, so if everybody stuck together they'd have the industry over a barrel when it comes to worker compensation. Oh, well. Folks do what they're going to do.

I guess it all depends on the employer/union.

I'm non-union and having been looking for work for the past 4 months closer to home and coming across 2 dealerships with unions, I'm glad I'm not in them. Both had a maximum hourly salary $6+ less than my workplace. Benefits are pretty much equal and no unions dues for me.

Again, I guess it all depends on the employer and the actual union. Glad to know yours is treating you good.

Indeed. I work in a non-union shop that gives benefits quite lavish compared to any of the union shops I worked in. And it isnt even the benefits and wages that make a union shop uncompetitive, its the 20-25% increase in admin overhead needed to administrate the union; the reduced flexibility, and that unions have a financial interest in creating conflict and strife to stay relevant, even in places that treat thier employees well. They have to go more and more wacky with thier demands to seem like they're doing something.

Alot of this doesn't apply to trade unions like electricians and pipe fitters... these unions seem to have thier incentives aligned with the workers and employers in a way that makes it work fairly well - I'm speaking more about unions in manufacturing facilities... these unions have financial incentives that are out of line with the employers, and only tangentially aligned with the workers.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #434 on: December 31, 2017, 12:05:13 PM »

We were being oppressed by a Jezebel spirit, which emasculates men, causes women to practice destructive sexual magic, incites mothers to murder their children, and causes discord between brothers and friends.

The Jezebel spirit hates Christmas and everything it means. That is why saying "Merry Christmas" keeps coming up, it's quite relevant spiritually.

Plus, now that Trump is in office, we can all say, “grab ‘em by the pussy!” In public!

Also quite spiritually relevant.

Oh, brother...

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #435 on: December 31, 2017, 12:25:57 PM »

Plus, now that Trump is in office, we can all say, “grab ‘em by the pussy!” In public!

Oh, brother...
Do you notice more people saying that?

I notice long-rotted sores of sexual oppression breaking open and draining at last, don't you? Hollywood, politicians who specialized in virtue-signaling, media figures.

This is good.

It wasn't women with pussy hats on their heads that gave us this deliverance, either.

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #436 on: December 31, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »

Oh, brother...
Do you notice more people saying that?

I notice long-rotted sores of sexual oppression breaking open and draining at last, don't you? Hollywood, politicians who specialized in virtue-signaling, media figures.

This is good.

It wasn't women with pussy hats on their heads that gave us this deliverance, either.

Before Trump, the word pussy would be bleeped on TV or asterisked in print media, as being too off-color for polite audiences.

No more. Now, we’re treated to the word in all its glory. Little kids get to hear it before they’re even old enough to know what it means. Little girls get to learn what it means, and know the president is fine with them being grabbed there. And that he supported a man for the Alabama senate who preyed on young girls.

So, uh, thanks Trump?

Sores of sexual oppression breaking open, eh?

Huh.

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #437 on: December 31, 2017, 01:12:23 PM »
Kris, (the quote is getting so long I left it off) -

The Jezebel spirit preys especially on women who have been brutalized by male power.

Sometimes it is difficult to tell what is of human origin and what is from a wicked spirit. The way to know for sure is, when the evil is reaching its zenith, the spirit wants to show its face. It makes its victims mock themselves. Picture the worst kind of bully in school, taking down the littlest kid, smacking him with his own hand and jeering, "Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself."

That is what a pussy hat is.

The Jezebel spirit comes along after other spirits and opportunistically infects the wounds.

We've all fallen for some kind of spirit or another.

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #438 on: December 31, 2017, 01:34:24 PM »
Wow.  This thread certainly took an unexpected turn.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #439 on: December 31, 2017, 01:36:33 PM »
Personally, I think the worst thing about the Jezebel spirit is that I have to do all the cooking in my home, because my wife absolutely refuses to make anything other than pancakes and pasta. Who wants to eat pancakes and pasta everyday? Not me. Men unite and overthrow your oppressors!

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #440 on: December 31, 2017, 01:36:52 PM »
Virgin:

I am reinserting the quote, because the person you voted for as president is a serial brutalizer of reluctant women. Which we know because he has said so. And bragged about it.

Before Trump, the word pussy would be bleeped on TV or asterisked in print media, as being too off-color for polite audiences.

No more. Now, we’re treated to the word in all its glory. Little kids get to hear it before they’re even old enough to know what it means. Little girls get to learn what it means, and know the president is fine with them being grabbed there. And that he supported a man for the Alabama senate who preyed on young girls.

So, uh, thanks Trump?

Sores of sexual oppression breaking open, eh?

Huh.

The hat you are referring to is pink yarn. With cat ears.

Because the non-vulgar/non-Trump meaning of that word is cat. 

Blaming yarn for the wickedness in the soul of a brutalizer of women is sick. It's also a desperate attempt to turn attention from his wickedness.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:41:42 PM by Kris »

PKFFW

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #441 on: December 31, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
People afraid to say Merry Christmas, Jezebel spirits, destructive sexual magic, mothers killing children, discord between brothers(thankfully not sisters apparently)......

And after 9 days of praying a novena on your marrowbones, receiving God's un-tampered with communications, Trump as President was the answer. 

Wow, just wow.

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #442 on: December 31, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
You could go back to arguing around in circles and vilifying each other.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #443 on: December 31, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »
If the Jezebels do witchcraft, do they weigh the same as a duck?

Gin1984

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #444 on: December 31, 2017, 02:17:20 PM »

Is this sarcasm?

Wise Virgin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #445 on: December 31, 2017, 02:18:53 PM »

Is this sarcasm?
Nope.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #446 on: December 31, 2017, 02:21:51 PM »
Wow.  This thread certainly took an unexpected turn.

Yes, it is suddenly the best thread on the entire forum.

NoStacheOhio

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #447 on: December 31, 2017, 02:31:03 PM »
People who pray instead of thinking are my favorite.

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #448 on: December 31, 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
I'm going to name my next band "Jezebel Spirit".

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #449 on: December 31, 2017, 02:50:34 PM »
How did this Jezebel spirit manifest itself at your megacorp? Was there a memo about "Merry Christmas?" Or were other religions just acknowledged?

Was the Christmas party cancelled and Hanukkah celebrated instead? Or perhaps everyone was encouraged to meet on the solstice at midnight?

Was there a hidden sign/signal/handshake to indicate that you're a Christian?

Do you work in Saudi Arabia or another Muslim country?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:54:53 PM by bacchi »