Author Topic: Destructive and childish or Creative and awesome?  (Read 2157 times)

trailrated

• Handlebar Stache
  • a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
Destructive and childish or Creative and awesome?
« on: April 27, 2015, 01:24:15 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/27/artist-penis-potholes-wanksy_n_7149810.html

To sum it up, this guy got tired of all the pot holes around his town so he started spray painting (with washable spray paint) penises around them. People were calling them in and they got fixed.

I for one think it is awesome, what do you think?

bobechs

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Destructive and childish or Creative and awesome?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 03:19:43 PM »
Well, why can't it be both?

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 03:55:59 PM »
hmmm wonder if that would work around here....I don't see the harm in it, especially as he uses washable paint. I think it is interesting that the town's response is: “Every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes.”  when you look at the pictures of the ones that were repaired...they didn't try and wash off the paint at all, just poured over top.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
The name "Wanksy" won me over.

I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

sheepstache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 10:56:48 AM »
I think it is interesting that the town's response is: “Every penny that we have to spend cleaning off this graffiti is a penny less that we have to spend on actually repairing the potholes.”

And don't forget about the children! As they mentioned, poor, innocent children may see...parts of the human body. Horrifying!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!