Author Topic: Coronavirus is the End of Trump  (Read 52771 times)

ReadySetMillionaire

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Coronavirus is the End of Trump
« Reply #550 on: April 06, 2020, 12:16:55 PM »
I'm worried that 200,000 is not an overestimate, but a fair one. I'm worried that--on top of this death toll--the economic disruption (which will reduce the number of deaths compared to a world in which we did not try it--will cost millions of people substantially.

I'd be quite surprised if we break 50,000.

50k?!

You have 10k already, and It's barely started. There are still states that aren't quarantining, this isn't going away soon.

That said, even .1% is 327k deaths due to your population.

My reason for optimism:

1) The data is pointing towards the early hot zones (Washington state and NYC) having already reached their peaks.  Washington is basically under control and NYC hospitalizations are down remarkably drastically.

2) Private sector is showing promise with treatment and being able to produce PPE.

3) The hospitalization and ICU rate continue to go down as more people test positive.

4) Vast majority of country is doing social distancing very well (you're never going to get compliance like in China so don't even dream of it).

So now you're seeing states as big as Ohio (11M people) have estimates of about 500 dead. Pennsylvania (13M) is predicted to have about 800. California (40M) predicted to have 1,800.

These numbers will keep going down.  The United States is completely disjointed by its very structure, but once all the gears start spinning in the same direction, it's a force that I don't even think COVID-19 can defeat.

Lews Therin

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Magnum Stache
  • Fee-only Financial Planner
« Reply #551 on: April 06, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
Sadly, I think that it'll go the way it has here in Canada. Nursing homes are too hard to completely isolate, and when it arrives, it hits the elderly hard.

Wrenchturner

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #552 on: April 06, 2020, 01:56:43 PM »
Sadly, I think that it'll go the way it has here in Canada. Nursing homes are too hard to completely isolate, and when it arrives, it hits the elderly hard.

We are having a debate in our family about pulling my grandmother out of her retirement community right now.  She is 94 and in good health otherwise.  The big question is how well she can be protected outside of the retirement community.

js82

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #553 on: April 06, 2020, 03:27:58 PM »
I'm worried that 200,000 is not an overestimate, but a fair one. I'm worried that--on top of this death toll--the economic disruption (which will reduce the number of deaths compared to a world in which we did not try it--will cost millions of people substantially.

The way we're tracking right now, 50k may be an achievable "stretch goal"(NYC appears to be near its peak right now) - I think we could easily keep the total under 100k if people continue to be sensible.

*caveat applies that we're probably undercounting deaths caused by the virus due to undertesting and indirect deaths caused by hospital overcrowding.

The flip side of this is, it's entirely possible that we could screw this up if we turn social distancing to "off" too soon and start packing sports stadiums, megachurches, and other recklessness, instead of a sensible, controlled reopening of things in a risk-managed manner.  We don't have a vaccine yet, and herd immunity will be neglegible outside the hardest-hit areas.  That means we're going to need to maintain some level of restrictions(though not necessarily a full lockdown) for another 6+ months.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:42:52 PM by js82 »

EscapeVelocity2020

• Magnum Stache
    • EscapeVelocity2020
« Reply #554 on: April 06, 2020, 10:55:52 PM »
Hmmmmm, I wonder why Trump keeps calling on 'OAN (One America Network)' in his coronavirus briefings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnSILVWDKL8

Or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network
The channel was launched with the intention of serving a conservative audience. OAN President Charles Herring told the Conservative Political Action Conference: "Fox News has done a great job serving the center-right and independent audiences... But those who consider themselves liberal have a half-dozen or more choices on TV each day..."[17] Herring also emphasized the network's separation of news from opinion content. He said that straight news would be reported throughout the day, with limited opinion and commentary on evening talk shows, including The Daily Ledger, hosted by Graham Ledger, and The Tipping Point, hosted by Liz Wheeler.

The rise of OAN was likely in the works before coronavirus made Donald Trump need to be Presidential.  Scary stuff, to me at least.  This is not the America I grew up feeling proud of.  This is very isolating and uninformed and bullying.  I'm an American, I'm not worried about being deported (unless they send me back to Ohio from Texas), but I can only imagine how first generation or 'non-American' looking Americans might feel nowadays.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #555 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:21 PM »

*caveat applies that we're probably undercounting deaths caused by the virus due to undertesting and indirect deaths caused by hospital overcrowding.

In my social media feed, here in NYS, an alarming number of posts are memorials to family or friends passed away in the last week. Mostly covid, but also other causes.  I think I'm hearing of over 4 deaths a day, many from people in their 40s and 50s.

On the subject of indirect deaths, one death was from a heart attack... friend's father in law couldn't go to his nearest hospital, but had to be transferred. 

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #556 on: April 06, 2020, 10:58:50 PM »
Hmmmmm, I wonder why Trump keeps calling on 'OAN (One America Network)' in his coronavirus briefings?

The channel was launched with the intention of serving a conservative audience. OAN President Charles Herring told the Conservative Political Action Conference: "Fox News has done a great job serving the center-right and independent audiences... But those who consider themselves liberal have a half-dozen or more choices on TV each day..."[17] Herring also emphasized the network's separation of news from opinion content. He said that straight news would be reported throughout the day, with limited opinion and commentary on evening talk shows, including The Daily Ledger, hosted by Graham Ledger, and The Tipping Point, hosted by Liz Wheeler.

The rise of OAN was likely in the works before coronavirus made Donald Trump need to be Presidential.  Scary stuff, to me at least.  This is not the America I grew up feeling proud of.  This is very isolating and uninformed and bullying.  I'm an American, I'm not worried about being deported (unless they send me back to Ohio from Texas), but I can only imagine how first generation or 'non-American' looking Americans might feel nowadays.

Super creepy. I haven't watched that guy (can't even type his name any more) for months and months because he conveys no useful information. And I won't watch his stupid network.

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #557 on: April 06, 2020, 11:12:45 PM »

Super creepy. I haven't watched that guy (can't even type his name any more) for months and months because he conveys no useful information. And I won't watch his stupid network.

I follow some of the alt-right boards and they're starting to turn against Foxnews in favor of OAN. They're also rabidly anti-Fauci.

Kinda fascinating, really. How many of the conspiracy theories do they believe in or are they just non-stop trolling?

Kris

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #558 on: April 07, 2020, 06:27:23 AM »
Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, the GOP is engaging in bald-faced election stealing (successfully, it seems).

Which, of course, could help Trump immensely in November.

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/april-6-2020?r=51ao3&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copy

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #559 on: April 07, 2020, 06:53:41 AM »
Meanwhile, in Wisconsin, the GOP is engaging in bald-faced election stealing (successfully, it seems).

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.com/p/april-6-2020?r=51ao3&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email&utm_source=copy

The SC will fix it.  As long as the Republicans haven't stacked the Supreme Court with partisan judges, there's nothing to worry about.  Oh, wait . . .

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #560 on: April 07, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »
Do any of the rest of you wonder what will happen the moment it gets announced that one of the SCOTUS justices has this virus?

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #561 on: April 07, 2020, 07:18:44 AM »
Do any of the rest of you wonder what will happen the moment it gets announced that one of the SCOTUS justices has this virus?

I thought the shitty response of the Republicans and Trump regarding covid-19 was a plot to get more hyper-partisan Republican judges on the bench.  They could wipe all those libtard judges out in one fell swoop!

ReadySetMillionaire

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #562 on: April 07, 2020, 07:19:38 AM »

The SC will fix it.  As long as the Republicans haven't stacked the Supreme Court with partisan judges, there's nothing to worry about.  Oh, wait . . .

While I disagree with the end result, I largely agree with the majority's reasoning.  It is a basic separation of powers issue.  The judiciary does not have the legal or equitable power to change statutes.  That is the job of the legislature.

I know it's hard to pull yourself out of the current situation, but you cannot use extraordinary times to create horrible precedent.  Having an appointed and un-elected federal judge change the election rules is bad precedent.

Think long term here -- imagine there's an outbreak in November.  Trump sues, arguing that because of the outbreak, absentee ballots should be able to be postmarked until the second Tuesday after the election, even though Congress has not authorized this.  Now imagine we had this Wisconsin precedent to bolster his argument.

You have to think long term.

The shame and blame lies with the Wisconsin legislature.

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #563 on: April 07, 2020, 07:22:07 AM »

While I disagree with the end result, I largely agree with the majority's reasoning.  It is a basic separation of powers issue.  The judiciary does not have the legal or equitable power to change statutes.  That is the job of the legislature.

I know it's hard to pull yourself out of the current situation, but you cannot use extraordinary times to create horrible precedent.  Having an appointed and un-elected federal judge change the election rules is bad precedent.

Think long term here -- imagine there's an outbreak in November.  Trump sues, arguing that because of the outbreak, absentee ballots should be able to be postmarked until the second Tuesday after the election, even though Congress has not authorized this.  Now imagine we had this Wisconsin precedent to bolster his argument.

You have to think long term.

Suppressing black votes is a human rights issue - and states have repeatedly shown themselves incapable of legislating fairly on human rights issues throughout the history of the US.

js82

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #564 on: April 07, 2020, 07:46:28 AM »

This.

The fundamental problem is that a sizeable chunk of the legislature is acting in a way that is brazenly partisan, rather than acting in a responsible way in the wake of a public health crisis.

It should be readily apparent to everyone right now that the right thing to do is either A) postpone state/local elections scheduled in the immediate future, or B) expand absentee balloting (assuming the infrastructure exists to do so securely and uniformly) so that the election can happen without creating undue risk for viral propagation.

The fact that many politicians are willing to fight against the above speaks for itself.

PDXTabs

• Walrus Stache

MasterStache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #566 on: April 08, 2020, 05:59:33 AM »

This.

The fundamental problem is that a sizeable chunk of the legislature is acting in a way that is brazenly partisan, rather than acting in a responsible way in the wake of a public health crisis.

It should be readily apparent to everyone right now that the right thing to do is either A) postpone state/local elections scheduled in the immediate future, or B) expand absentee balloting (assuming the infrastructure exists to do so securely and uniformly) so that the election can happen without creating undue risk for viral propagation.

The fact that many politicians are willing to fight against the above speaks for itself.
I actually agree with this as well. It should never have made it to the SC.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #567 on: April 08, 2020, 06:16:27 AM »
Trump Says He Never Read, Looked for Memo Warning of Possible Coronavirus Pandemic

Oh, the deflections. What’s the political equivalent of “the dog ate my homework”? Because I’m pretty sure we’re about to hear it from Trump.

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #568 on: April 08, 2020, 06:47:29 AM »
Trump Says He Never Read, Looked for Memo Warning of Possible Coronavirus Pandemic

Oh, the deflections. What’s the political equivalent of “the dog ate my homework”? Because I’m pretty sure we’re about to hear it from Trump.

This didn't surprise me at all.  Trump doesn't read anything but Twitter.

sequoia

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2020, 04:21:22 AM »

50k?!

You have 10k already, and It's barely started. There are still states that aren't quarantining, this isn't going away soon.

50K is currently the lower bound for total death estimate... so it's not out of the realm of possibility.  Especially since it's been fairly consistently heading toward the lower bound lately:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

I think it will be well over 50K because now that we have beaches being reopened in Florida, and bunch of people protesting to open businesses. We may see increased in number of infected people from these folks who were not social distancing while protesting, on the beach, etc, and then spreading the virus to people back in their homes and community.

And yes I agree that the initial number were inflated on purpose so that later Trump can claim victory. See... only 100K death... it could have been 2M! We I did such a beautiful job... perfect actually...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:24:06 AM by sequoia »

JGS1980

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2020, 06:19:43 AM »

50k?!

50K is currently the lower bound for total death estimate... so it's not out of the realm of possibility.  Especially since it's been fairly consistently heading toward the lower bound lately:

https://covid19.healthdata.org/

I think it will be well over 50K because now that we have beaches being reopened in Florida, and bunch of people protesting to open businesses. We may see increased in number of infected people from these folks who were not social distancing while protesting, on the beach, etc, and then spreading the virus to people back in their homes and community.

And yes I agree that the initial number were inflated on purpose so that later Trump can claim victory. See... only 100K death... it could have been 2M! We I did such a beautiful job... perfect actually...

C'mon guys, look at the numbers. We are at 40K deaths right now and losing 1500-1750 per day right now. We will be well over 50K in less than a week. This is regardless of the Beachgoers/Protesters as the sickness spread by these idiots won't be reflected in death data for another 2-4 weeks. The first wave has peaked in NYC, New Orleans, Detroit, CT, Seattle but is still peaking in New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Philadelphia area. Unfortunately, Texas and Florida (2nd and 3rd most populous states) are just getting started and they seem unlikely to ramp up their testing or double down on distancing at this time. My guess is 60K+ by end of April. If things open up nationally, we will easily pass 100K by end of May.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2020, 06:30:38 AM »
I think your numbers are right, except that I'm seeing rate statistics of 3,000 deaths per day.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2020, 06:45:55 AM »
I think your numbers are right, except that I'm seeing rate statistics of 3,000 deaths per day.

You need to cite since no major publication is showing this.

If you look at Italy, Spain, France, etc. there's a quick rise to the peak in terms of daily deaths, and then a really long downslope in the 70-90% of the daily peak # for weeks after that.  In other words, there are >50% of total deaths on the backside of the peak.  We're probably heading for 70k, and that's before factoring in "re-opening" to appease the President.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2020, 08:19:15 AM »
I will acknowledge that you're spot on. I cannot find anywhere that supports my 3,000 deaths/day claim.

DaMa

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2020, 10:24:53 AM »
The average for 3/14-3/19 is 3,060 per day, based on a snapshot from John Hopkins dashboard I've taken daily around 5pm.  Granted, this is inflated by the cases added on 3/15, but it is factual.

3/14 2,687
3/15 5,067
3/16 1,697
3/17 3,324
3/18 2,523

We have had more than 1300 deaths per day since 4/7.

HPstache

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #575 on: April 20, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
The average for 3/14-3/19 is 3,060 per day, based on a snapshot from John Hopkins dashboard I've taken daily around 5pm.  Granted, this is inflated by the cases added on 3/15, but it is factual.

3/14 2,687
3/15 5,067
3/16 1,697
3/17 3,324
3/18 2,523

We have had more than 1300 deaths per day since 4/7.

That 5,000+ number was because: "New York City today has reported 3,778 additional deaths that have occurred since March 11 and have been classified as "probable," defined as follows: “decedent [...] had no known positive laboratory test for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) but the death certificate lists as a cause of death “COVID-19” or an equivalent" [source]. We will add these to the New York State total as soon as it is determined whether the historical distribution can be obtained"

So there was a bunch added to that date from throughout the entire outbreak.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 11:11:39 AM by v8rx7guy »

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #576 on: April 21, 2020, 03:06:52 PM »
^Also not how causes of death work.  You can't just list cause of death as X without ever knowing if the person had X.  But here we are.

js82

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #577 on: April 21, 2020, 03:31:27 PM »
^Also not how causes of death work.  You can't just list cause of death as X without ever knowing if the person had X.  But here we are.

You do realize that most reported causes of death used for statistics don't involve a full autopsy/dissection/lab work on bodily fluids, right?

If foul play isn't suspected, most causes of death are inferred from symptoms, etc - unless it's something blatantly obvious like a car crash or a gunshot wound.  Coronavirus is no different.

Estimating causes of death during a pandemic is messy.  If anything, we're probably undercounting:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html

Fireball

• Bristles
« Reply #578 on: April 21, 2020, 03:41:10 PM »

Edit: JS beat me to it
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 09:01:05 PM by Fireball »

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #579 on: April 21, 2020, 05:51:29 PM »
"Coronavirus is the End of Trump".

I keep waiting but he seems to immune to it.  Mitch McConnell hasn't contracted it yet either. 

Oh well, I'll keep hoping.  ;)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #580 on: April 22, 2020, 04:32:33 AM »

You do realize that most reported causes of death used for statistics don't involve a full autopsy/dissection/lab work on bodily fluids, right?

If foul play isn't suspected, most causes of death are inferred from symptoms, etc - unless it's something blatantly obvious like a car crash or a gunshot wound.  Coronavirus is no different.

Estimating causes of death during a pandemic is messy.  If anything, we're probably undercounting:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04/21/world/coronavirus-missing-deaths.html

Exactly right, I mean seriously, if an otherwise healthy person suddenly drops dead from respiratory failure, it's unlikely to be death caused by misadventure.

Can easily check someone's final phone records and texts to family. "I'm coughing a lot lately" would seem to indicate it's going to be Covid without having to do a full autopsy.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2020, 05:18:43 AM »
There are the collateral deaths as well. People who arrest outside the hospital, probably heart attack, can’t be taken to the normal hospital A, have to go to B, hospital A not taking transfers, this person could have made it if the health care system was in good shape. I read in NYC, if you arrested outside the hospital, you get 2 rounds of CPR and that is it, if that’s true then many more lives are lost than just the proven and suspected Covid cases.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2020, 06:03:22 AM »
"Coronavirus is the End of Trump".

I keep waiting but he seems to immune to it.  Mitch McConnell hasn't contracted it yet either. 

Oh well, I'll keep hoping.  ;)

"I sure hope people from the other political party die."

Or perhaps just a near-death experience and subsequent conversion from the stupidity of arrogance, as with our own dear Boris.

talltexan

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #583 on: April 22, 2020, 06:20:09 AM »
I feel like it's simultaneously possible to believe that Trump is a terrible President whose mistakes are literally resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths, and also believe that Trump's death would cause an earthquake in our society that would be so much worse than even his Presidency.

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #584 on: April 22, 2020, 06:45:41 AM »

I have family running tests.  We're still seeing a lot more positives on RVPs - standard respiratory viruses - than we are covid-19.  "Respiratory failure = covid-19" is not an accurate way of determining cause of death if no RVP was run.

ctuser1

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #585 on: April 22, 2020, 07:14:24 AM »
I feel like it's simultaneously possible to believe that Trump is a terrible President whose mistakes are literally resulting in thousands of unnecessary deaths, and also believe that Trump's death would cause an earthquake in our society that would be so much worse than even his Presidency.

Trump is a symptom of the race resentment of the white working class.

His incompetence costs lives, but likely saves many more. If he was competent, like - say - Victor Orban, then the death of the good old idea of America was certain. His incompetence gives America a chance to survive.

As a mere symptom, Trump's death is unlikely to "cause" any earthquake(s). A reckoning is due for the white race resentment. But that won't be caused by Trump, or his death. The real causes predate Trump.

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #586 on: April 22, 2020, 08:14:44 AM »

I agree with that, but every tomorrow living with Trump has been worse than the day before.  I'd choose an earthquake over a terminal social disease any day.  Can our democracy endure four more years of Trump?  How divided can a society become before it fails?  What are Putin's plans for us from that point? 

Telecaster

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #587 on: April 22, 2020, 06:35:45 PM »
I have family running tests.  We're still seeing a lot more positives on RVPs - standard respiratory viruses - than we are covid-19.  "Respiratory failure = covid-19" is not an accurate way of determining cause of death if no RVP was run.

Perhaps not, but we know that there are thousands of deaths more than are expected, and COVID is identified as responsible for only a portion of these.  So what are all these people dying from if not COVID?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #588 on: April 22, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »
There are the collateral deaths as well. People who arrest outside the hospital, probably heart attack, can’t be taken to the normal hospital A, have to go to B, hospital A not taking transfers, this person could have made it if the health care system was in good shape. I read in NYC, if you arrested outside the hospital, you get 2 rounds of CPR and that is it, if that’s true then many more lives are lost than just the proven and suspected Covid cases.

This is exactly what happened to the father-in-law of a friend. He died three weeks ago of a heart attack but was unable to go to the hospital closest to him because it was reserved for Covid patients.

Although it is not certain that it wasn't covid either: Covid seems to be associated with symptoms that go beyond the usual respiratory illnesses, including heart damage.  Two people I know of had sudden relapses after recovery from Covid: one is in critical condition at the hospital, and one died, perhaps as a result of blood clotting.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heart-damage-in-covid-19-patients-puzzles-doctors/
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/covid-19-patients-blood-clots/story?id=70131612

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #589 on: April 23, 2020, 09:25:48 AM »

Perhaps not, but we know that there are thousands of deaths more than are expected, and COVID is identified as responsible for only a portion of these.  So what are all these people dying from if not COVID?

I'm not a death statistician or medical expert, but yes there are likely many covid-19 deaths going unreported as such.  I'm just saying, there are still other respiratory illnesses still going around that cause death.  We can't just blanket assume all respiratory failure deaths are due to covid-19.

I know some are pushing the non peer-reviewed study out of Santa Clara showing covid-19 may be much more widespread and trying to say the death rate is much smaller.  They also ignore the 20% increase in deaths for the month of March, YoY, in Santa Clara county.  A 17% increase in deaths at home.  So I'd say, yeah, perhaps a lot of people aren't going to the hospital and then dying at home because it's too late to get treatment, a ventilator, etc.  Just one county, so lot of grains of salt.

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #590 on: April 23, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
That Santa Clara study falls apart if the false-positive rate is 1% or more on the tests they used- their results become indistinguishable from zero. Those tests didn't go through the usual FDA approval process, although the Stanford scientists did try to verify them themselves and found a 0.5% false positive rate. But I'd say there is still some doubt about those tests - the 99.5% specificity is based on a 369/371 result - not exactly a huge number of samples available for verifying the test is good.

Buried that assumption in the report though, and it underpins the whole stastical analysis of finding 50 positives in 3330 tests and claiming "3-4% infection rate in this county". https://statmodeling.stat.columbia.edu/2020/04/19/fatal-flaws-in-stanford-study-of-coronavirus-prevalence/

Caution should be the order of the day until the science has had time to play out - I hope the situation is as good or better than they found in that study, but I don't think that is clear at all yet. Certainly not clear enough to justify a rush to re-open everything.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 09:39:16 AM by dandarc »

DoubleDown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #591 on: April 24, 2020, 02:31:58 PM »

50k?!

Fortunately we no longer have to worry about any more deaths from Coronavirus, now that the brilliant scientific and medical mind known as Donald Trump has revealed a cure in the form of injecting ultraviolet light and/or disinfectants into the human body. Combining this cure with the test that anyone can get any time they want one, such as those that have been offered at at every single Target, Walmart, Walgreens, and CVS parking lot for at least a month, free and on demand, and tracked by Google's nationwide testing and tracking platform, our deaths and total cases will soon go to down to zero. Not zero MORE, but zero, period, erasing all previous cases.*

*Note actual sarcasm, instead of pretend sarcasm a day later

DarkandStormy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #592 on: April 24, 2020, 02:36:06 PM »

Surprised?

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2020, 07:45:31 PM »

Surprise!

Dancin'Dog

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2020, 07:48:13 PM »

Surprise!

MAGA!

dividendman

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #595 on: April 25, 2020, 12:59:51 AM »

Surprised?

But once we factor in the intravenous bleach and other household cleaner use orally, we'll see the death rate go way down. MAGA

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #596 on: April 25, 2020, 10:22:29 AM »
The bleach and UV light mess might at least stop Trump from suggesting unsupported theories. He didn't take any questions today and it was a very short briefing.

I actually don't think Trump was suggesting that drinking bleach is a cure. He doesn't think before he speaks and that's ok if you're surrounded by YesMen who always nod and agree with you. He was probably suggesting to ingest some other chemical -- a real, medically approved, one.

This could also be an early sign of dementia. He didn't used to be such a loose, stream of consciousness, speaker.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #597 on: April 25, 2020, 10:51:50 AM »
The bleach and UV light mess might at least stop Trump from suggesting unsupported theories. He didn't take any questions today and it was a very short briefing.

I actually don't think Trump was suggesting that drinking bleach is a cure. He doesn't think before he speaks and that's ok if you're surrounded by YesMen who always nod and agree with you. He was probably suggesting to ingest some other chemical -- a real, medically approved, one.

This could also be an early sign of dementia. He didn't used to be such a loose, stream of consciousness, speaker.

Most likely, it’s this: Revealed: leader of group peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

bacchi

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #598 on: April 25, 2020, 11:50:45 AM »

Most likely, it’s this: Revealed: leader of group peddling bleach as coronavirus 'cure' wrote to Trump this week

Wow, ok, then. Stupid or gullible? Or maybe he was promised a cut?

Tucker is still bringing in sand bags to a river that's already overflowed.

Quote from: tucker
He regularly uses his daily press briefings to tout potential new medical advances.

Ok, Tucker, whatever you say.

OtherJen

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #599 on: April 25, 2020, 01:26:02 PM »

Wow, ok, then. Stupid or gullible? Or maybe he was promised a cut?

Probably D. All of the above.