Author Topic: Hooked on new Netflix series..am I in need of face punch??  (Read 5294 times)

MatthewK

• Stubble
Hooked on new Netflix series..am I in need of face punch??
« on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:34 AM »
Ok, I've done a really good job the past few years with not getting hooked on any series on tv/netflix. I almost always pick out documentaries and such when our family MUST watch a program. Last thing I was hooked on was the Anthony Bourdain series due to it showing other cultures around the world, a bit educational. But that all changed very recently.....Godless on Netflix, Holy shit that's good!!! Pretty dark and definitely not for kids! But yah, I'm hooked and look forward to the kid's bedtime LOL. I follow actor Jeff Daniels a bit only because he's a local to me actor who doesn't fit the typical hollywood actor profile, choose's to still live in Michigan and raise his family here. Anyhow, anyone else watching this?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:45:03 PM by MatthewK »

Wimsey1923

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: am I need in need of face punch??
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »
A facepunch for watching a TV show? No flying fist for you, my friend.

JLee

• Walrus Stache
Re: Hooked on new Netflix series..am I in need of face punch??
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 02:05:22 PM »
I'll have to try it... I  just finished Ozark. It's excellent.

Just Joe

• Walrus Stache
  • Teach me something.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
Finished the first episode. Was good. Really liked how it is filmed. I know what will happen - I'll tire of the violence, especially against women and children - and then I'll quit watching. I'm perfectly happy with the suggestion of these things being part of the story b/c this has always been part of real life all through history and even today. I just don't find entertainment in it.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 05:55:57 AM »
Cant face punch you I would have to slap myself. I finished Ozark, Strange things and now started watching Godless myself. Now if you were paying for full blown cable and stuff that would be a different story.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2017, 07:27:32 AM »
Are you spending excessive amounts of money? No. You're in the clear.

2Cent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 02:44:25 AM »
I'll have to try it... I  just finished Ozark. It's excellent.
Yea, it's great. Jason Bateman is playing exactly the type of person who would be on this forum. I love how he has 8 milion in the bank and still drives an old car. "I'm not cheap, I'm just frugal".

JLee

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 12:02:38 AM »
Cant face punch you I would have to slap myself. I finished Ozark, Strange things and now started watching Godless myself. Now if you were paying for full blown cable and stuff that would be a different story.

I'm on episode 6 of Godless.  Holy crap is it good.

BookLoverL

• Bristles
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 03:48:54 PM »
Dunno what the show's about - I mainly end up watching superhero shows and "special consultant fights crime" type shows myself - but regarding facepunches, the questions to ask are:

Are you paying any extra money to watch this show than you otherwise would have been?
Is watching this show preventing you from getting things done that you urgently need to get done, or badly affecting the quality of your work?
Will it take a ridiculously long time to watch the whole thing/watch until you get bored?

If the answer to all these questions is no, then you probably don't need a facepunch, and the best thing to do is probably to watch enough to get the obsession out of your system, then you can get back to concentrating on important stuff. Also, skip the ads if they tempt you.

I'm someone who fairly often binge-watches shows and reads fanfiction and all that stuff, and in my experience it only becomes a problem when you start watching too many different shows consecutively and ending up with no time to do anything else. If it's only one week every few months, you're probably OK. But let's just say there's a reason I've never bought myself Netflix, and, surprisingly, it's not the money. ;)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:09 AM »
Watched Godless a few weeks ago and now am watching Hell on Wheel. I am up to just starting Season 3 out of 5 and it is awesome! WOW, murder, mayhem, prostitutes, evil, greed, train wrecks, Native Indians, love, hate...you name it. This is the wild, wild west and then some! Watch it! (Netflix)

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
Watched Godless a few weeks ago and now am watching Hell on Wheel. I am up to just starting Season 3 out of 5 and it is awesome! WOW, murder, mayhem, prostitutes, evil, greed, train wrecks, Native Indians, love, hate...you name it. This is the wild, wild west and then some! Watch it! (Netflix)

Finished Godless and loved it.  So as I said no Face punch from me.  @Roadrunner53  thanks for the tip Hell on Wheel. I have to check it out. I have been watching Glitch and its surprisingly really good!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 08:21:47 AM »
Meant to say Hell on Wheels! OMG, me and the Hub have watched 3 seasons so far and it is beyond an addiction. It is all I think about and can't wait to strap in and binge on it. Watched 5 episodes yesterday! I am going to have a hissy when the 5th season ends! The evil and greed never ends in this series!

What is Glitch about?

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 08:57:04 AM »
Meant to say Hell on Wheels! OMG, me and the Hub have watched 3 seasons so far and it is beyond an addiction. It is all I think about and can't wait to strap in and binge on it. Watched 5 episodes yesterday! I am going to have a hissy when the 5th season ends! The evil and greed never ends in this series!

What is Glitch about?

Hell on wheels sounds a bit like one of my favorites Sons of Anarchy?  Glitch is not something I would normally have watched. It was mentioned on a thread what to watch on netflix so I gave it a chance. Its basically about 7 people that come back to life and basically climb out of there graves. All different times and ages and you learn how they ended up there as to what they have to do to go on etc... Its not a zombie type movie or morbid. A bit weird but it grabs you to follow. Its a netflix original

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 09:18:16 AM »
Woooo, Glitch sounds weird! Not sure if the Hub will like that type of show but maybe I will try it out on him! LOL!

There are few more western type shows on Netflix. Anyone recommend any of them? After Hell on Wheels, most westerns are going to seem pretty lame I am afraid!

2Cent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 12:59:13 AM »
Is Glitch a series that has an ending, or is it pending season 2 or 3? I really hate it when I watch some story for hours and then it just stops on a cliffhanger which will not be resolved until next year, or not at all if netflix decides to pull the plug.

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 03:31:47 AM »
Is Glitch a series that has an ending, or is it pending season 2 or 3? I really hate it when I watch some story for hours and then it just stops on a cliffhanger which will not be resolved until next year, or not at all if netflix decides to pull the plug.

I have not got that far yet but will let you know when I do

@Roadrunner53  I watched the first episode of Hell on Wheels. Wasnt expecting a "western" but i'm liking it

runbikerun

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 04:36:36 AM »
I don't know if it's on Netflix US, but if it is, Peaky Blinders is absolutely phenomenal. Superb actors, cracking soundtrack, tight plotting, faultless cinematography. Pretty violent, but if you're not averse to that, it's quite close to perfection.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 06:05:33 AM »

@Roadrunner53  I watched the first episode of Hell on Wheels. Wasnt expecting a "western" but i'm liking it

Keep watching! It is an addiction! Watched  5 episodes two days in a row! Hub and I can't wait to start watching again today! Yes, I think I mentioned Western in another post somewhere and I never liked many westerns but this one is terrific! Every episode there is blood shed. I am not into violent movies but this is just intriguing and quite shocking!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 07:00:51 AM »

Keep watching! It is an addiction! Watched  5 episodes two days in a row! Hub and I can't wait to start watching again today! Yes, I think I mentioned Western in another post somewhere and I never liked many westerns but this one is terrific! Every episode there is blood shed. I am not into violent movies but this is just intriguing and quite shocking!

Yea, I was going to watch about 3 last night but DW isnt into that much bloodshed so she asked if I could switch to watch an episode of Glitch.  Going to catch a couple hopefully later.  It will be MY show! haha