Author Topic: Airmiles Canada - 'free' $200  (Read 1435 times)

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
Airmiles Canada - 'free' $200
« on: November 27, 2016, 02:08:33 PM »
I spent longer on this today than, probably, it's worth, but in case you live in a decently populated area with lots of relevant shops:

Go to https://shoptheblock.ca/en/region, and find seven offers you can do. Some are 'expensive' but some can be combined. It is entirely possible to spend less than $100 on food (more expensive than No Frills, but still with some value), and get $200 in points - redeemable for groceries - back. Actually it'll be more like $220 in points.

Ontario example:

Buy something through the airmiles shop, for more than $20;
Buy a Costa Coffee at Shell;
Buy cheese, deli meat, chicken nuggets, spend more than $60 at Foodland = four offers;
Buy cheese at Sobey's;
Redeem 95 miles for $10 at Metro (not sure, but I don't think you can do this as a new collector - the miles won't post in time);
Spend $15 on junk food at Rexall;
Spend $100 at Metro

That's 10 offers, you only need 7. Best case you spend $2 on coffee, $60 at Foodland, $20 through the AM shop, and $15+tax at Rexall = $100.

Then, in February, you get $200. You can redeem that in $10 increments at Metro/Foodland/Sobey's/Shell/Rexall.

Lots of discussion at RFD http://forums.redflagdeals.com/air-miles-get-1-900-air-miles-cash-miles-200-when-you-use-7-offers-during-holiday-season-2055775/

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Airmiles Canada - 'free' $200
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:42:45 AM »
This is much less attractive to those of us in Alberta, there are no grocery options at all, but if you spend $200 on liquor you get one credit or buy 100L of gasoline for another :/  The rest is a random mix of tires, travel, lumber and hearing aids!  but there is that coffee one!

daverobev

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 10:38:15 AM »
This is much less attractive to those of us in Alberta, there are no grocery options at all, but if you spend $200 on liquor you get one credit or buy 100L of gasoline for another :/  The rest is a random mix of tires, travel, lumber and hearing aids!  but there is that coffee one!

It may be that certain offers have gone. There was one for 20x for using the Air Miles shop over Black/Cyber Whatever.

Staples, Rexall, bleh. Yeah, I wouldn't have done it with only those offers available.

FIRE Artist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »
Yeah, maybe if I had looked into it earlier, but it is a very funny discrepancy between the Alberta offerings and those shown for Ontario today!