Author Topic: 1970s Era Pacific NW in pictures  (Read 3617 times)

Kriegsspiel

1970s Era Pacific NW in pictures
« on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:55 PM »

miss snow

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: 1970s Era Pacific NW in pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
Love it. Thanks for sharing!

Kriegsspiel

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »
Yea it's like a bunch of hipsters took turns dressing up and taking pictures.

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »
Yes, children... Once Upon a Time, there were "gas station attendants"!

Thanks - this was a treat for someone who remembers the era (albeit in a different locale).

AlmostIndependent

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 12:59:06 PM »
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

FiveSigmas

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 01:26:59 PM »
Picture 20 looks particularly relevant to this forum :-). The caption could use a bit of improvement, though. How about: "School kids showed their badassity in the face of high gas prices by taking a biking field trip."

mgreczyn

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 05:01:36 PM »

Thanks - this was a treat for someone who remembers the era (albeit in a different locale).
Dude.  There still are.  Oregon and New Jersey share the dubious distinction of being the only two states in which it is illegal for you to pump your own gas.  Kills me. Every. Single.  Time.

AJ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 05:16:05 PM »

Dude.  There still are.  Oregon and New Jersey share the dubious distinction of being the only two states in which it is illegal for you to pump your own gas.  Kills me. Every. Single.  Time.

Indeed. I recently turned thirty and I have never, not even ONCE pumped gas into a car! It's a great "I never" game play :)

footenote

• Pencil Stache
  • MMMing in MN
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »

Srsly, I did not know this! What a PITA. I hate even not having pay-at-pump! I feel your pain, bro. (And I invite you to visit what the WSJ calls the Nicest City, Minneapolis. ; )

mgreczyn

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 05:26:53 PM »

Srsly, I did not know this! What a PITA. I hate even not having pay-at-pump! I feel your pain, bro. (And I invite you to visit what the WSJ calls the Nicest City, Minneapolis. ; )
Thank you!  Alas, while I do travel to Oregon frequently on business, I reside in Colorado where I get to pay the lower tax rate associated with being allowed to pump my own gas.  Incidentally, they do have pay at the pump in Oregon.  However, non-gas-pumping-union-members are not allowed to actuate said mechanism.  Because it's part of the pump.  Which you are not allowed to touch.  Because clearly, you are not qualified.