Author Topic: Lives in trailer in store parking lot, pays off $85K debt  (Read 2434 times)

Gerard

• Handlebar Stache
    • Optimacheap
Lives in trailer in store parking lot, pays off $85K debt
« on: October 27, 2017, 04:32:21 PM »
Okay, some of that debt was to buy the trailer, so there are definitely sub-optimal bits, but still:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/trailer-banff-pays-off-debt-1.4372921

Maya

• Bristles
Re: Lives in trailer in store parking lot, pays off $85K debt
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »
I love watching the tiny house shows but I also like heat and would never be able to convince DH.

EarthSurfer

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:30:03 AM »
It's good to see some "cool factor" being associated with minimalist living options.

The book "Nomadland" by Jessica Bruder, gives insight into the growing underclass of older adults in the US dealing with the high cost of living by choosing to live in RVs, campers, etc. 

I was considered a bit whacked in my college years in the early 1980s when I lived in a 21 ft camper trailer in a sma3l trailer park for 4+ years. My monthly cost of living was under $100, while others living off campus were paying $400/month in rent (early 1980s).

I must not have been too strange since my little place was always filled for potlucks and homemade pizza bakes at least one night a week.

elaine amj

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:55:02 AM »
Just popped up in my FB feed this morning posted by our local news station accompanied by the usual complaint pants saying that $400 is the cost of their utilities and there is no possible way, guy must be fudging his numbers, blah blah blah. I rarely post on news stories but just had to :)

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk